[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Fantasy-Arabic-Wallpaper.jpg (3.27 MB, 3840x2160)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>Fantasy settings have Crusaders, Knights, Musketmen, Samurais, Pirates, Vikings, Romans, Chinese, Mongols, Japanese, Aztects, Mayans, Indians, Koreans, heck even Zulus or Africans
>Fantasy settings never have Arabians, or Jannissaries, or overall Muslim themes
Like in example Easterlings from LotR are just Russian / Persian / Mongolian hybrids.
Why is the case like this?
>>
>>92690452
Because you haven't followed the simple 2-step process of fantasy gaming:
>1. Start making a fantasy game, or modifying an existing one.
>2. Put in themes of Arabians, or Jannissaries, or Muslims overall.
Now you have what you want.
Enjoy.
>>
>set game in Calimshan
Have you tried playing DnD
>>
File: 1714683270295123.jpg (36 KB, 500x338)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Turks and Arabs are only known for one thing: genocide and getting away with it thanks to the god of this world. They're so salty about everybody knowing they're culture stealers that they use oil money to convince you otherwise. "Actually, it's you who don't have a culture!1one" Friendly reminder to base your elf haters off of genocide deniers. My elves have been consistently Aramaea, Assyrian, and predominantly Armenian as of late. Teach normies history to gatekeep against the woke virus.
>>
>>92690452
Westerners don't like/care about dirkas. But you're wrong about LotR, the various ethnic groups under Sauron's tyranny are distinguished in Tolkien's writing.
>>
File: Pathfinder.png (1.2 MB, 609x818)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
Explain this
>>
File: 5834290536.png (1.28 MB, 655x870)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
In fact, explain this. I even leave out Osirion and Geb for being fake Egypt instead of arab/ persian
>>
File: escalated.jpg (478 KB, 776x886)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>92690452
>make game about ethnic group
>get called racist
>game doesn't sell because main audience has negative connotations to group (is racist)
>ethnic group gets insulted being portrayed in literally any media and sends a pipe bomb to your mailbox
just don't know, it's a mystery.
>>
File: 1658366994847290.jpg (2.38 MB, 3500x2928)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>92690452
Play more games
>>
>>92690452
>>Fantasy settings never have Arabians, or Jannissaries, or overall Muslim themes
Because all of the things that align them with actual Muslim culture and historical context are RPG no-no themes that would paint them with the negative connotations that would make present day Muslims seethe and make activist types throw a tantrum.
>Colonization and conquest
>Racial oppression against the conquered people
>Rape and lots of it
>Sexism and sex-based oppression
>widespread drug abuse
>forced religious conversion
>endless human rights abuses
>but also they had some poets and scholars and artists too, or whatever

If you try and soften their image by taking away all of that, then you just have Disney's Aladdin where people wear funny clothes and wield curved swords, and there's lots of sand, but little else. Maybe there's a belly dancer at the tavern where everyone would be trashed out of their minds on opium, but are just smoking tobacco instead, to meet content safety guidelines.
>>
>>92690980
>Because Crusaders and Knights and Mongols and Vikings and Barbarians and Chinese-Manchuria Three Kingdoms Japanese Samurais never did that too.
>>
>>92690452
The second you make a religion vaguely like islam or make a warlord character vaguely like mohammed in your game you actually end up on an irl kill list of hundreds of millions of violent extremists.

Why bother when the reward is so low and the risk is so high.

Muslims hate mythology and fiction. Most rpg settings are unironically devil worship for them.
>>
>>92691017
They dont have radicals who will beheard you on open street.
>>
>>92690452
>"LotR doesn't have Arabs!!!!"

So you've never read the books or even seen the movies? Because the Haradrim are both in the books and movies and they have elements of both Arabian and North African cultures.
>>
>>92691017
Who do you think were the crusaders crusading against, anon?
>>
File: Elder Scrolls.png (790 KB, 1021x648)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
>but anon, Hammerfell isnt....
Shut up, nerd.
>>
>>92690452
There are plenty of Arabians in fantasy settings. Faerun and Golarion both have them even
>>
>>92691043
>>92691096
Literally read >>92691119
>>
>>92690579
>36 KB
> Turks and Arabs are only known for one thing

Algebra?
>>
>>92691096
>Who do you think were the crusaders crusading against, anon?
Chiefly, themselves.
>>
File: 8ovmf8.jpg (51 KB, 854x479)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>92690579
idk about arabs but me and my turkish buddies constantly boast with pride how our ancestors killed whitoids and destroyed the civilization of sedentary serpents
you sound like you are mad seething
fuck yeah we destroyed your dumbass civilizations. that's what happens, the weak die while the strong conquer
>>
>>92690688
What's to explain?
>>
>>92691217
If fantasy settings never have Arabians, why there are a total of 5 fake arab nations in the inner sea region alone.
>>
>>92691190
Congrats on your ancestors blowing out Arabic Persia and East Rome (who was already in major decline). Hows the empire you guys built doing?
>>
Very stupid thread clearly just made for someone to LARP as a bloodthirsty Mohammedian.
>>
>>92690452
>Fantasy settings never have
They do. But it's not common because certain people are infamously violent in response to minor insults. In case you forgot, there were these two tall buildings in Manhattan...
>>
File: DWKKiieVAAEvXO4.png (534 KB, 1389x1599)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
Harad in LOTR

Arabia in Warhammer Fantasy

Zakhara/Al-Qadim and Calimshan in the Forgotten Realms

Osirion and Qadira in Pathfinder

Shem in the Hyborian Age/ Conan

etc...
>>
>>92690452
>Why is the case like this?
Because crazy motherfuckers put million dollar bounties on "Those who insult Allah"

It's not worth pissing off people who have murdered people over doodles, if you are actually publishing a thing.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (56 KB, 1080x765)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>92691190
Yaşu Mesih Rablerin Rabbidir, Kralların Kralıdır, Tanrı'nın Oğludur ve Tanrıdır.
>>
>>92690980
So how do "content safety guidelines" apply to a group of 1-6 nerds playing pretend in a basement?
>>
>>92690452
No one likes sand people, the majority of them also don't like each other. Also I find they aetethic boring. Even the Iranian lost a lof of they aestethic supremacy after converting to Islam, Sassanids were one of the coolest cultures...
>>
>>92690640
Explain what, you basically have fantasy egyptians and fantasy Mena in Qadira, and that's it.
>>
>>92690452
Because Mesopotamians are just the cooler aesthetic.
>>
No response to >>92692231.
What a shame.
>>
>>92691915
If anything it makes it more fun to agitate them.
>>
>>92690452
Because the arab world has a small cultural imprint and no-one really cares about it. Thats literally it, there isnt anything more or less to it beyond "people dont give a shit about "muslim themes" and the people who live in the middle east" which is why you have better odds of finding a ninja in !medieval europe than you do a janissary

Sucks to have a weak culture I guess
>>
>>92690486
Spbp
>>
Cause if you fuck them up in some esoteric, easily offended way you have to go into hiding or one of them will try to cut your head off in the street. No one's touching that shit lol.
>>
>>92690452
Name one (1) fantasy setting that actually has something that evokes actual Aztec motifs and themes rather then just pop culture tropes about them that don't actually resemble their culture

I can think of a few, but there's not a lot, most of them are already on the right side of this image and calling Onyx Equinox or Codex Black "fantasy" is pushing it since they're both more or less set in actual Prehispanic history, just with some liberties and gods, monsters, and magic

Also there are plenty of not-Arabian races and factions in fantasy media, what the hell are you talking about
>>
File: Lizardman.png (5.15 MB, 1600x1200)
5.15 MB
5.15 MB PNG
>>92698880
Mesoamerica is always reserved for the Lizard or Dragonfolk.
>>
>>92700941
That is pretty much exactly in line with all the media on the left in the image I posted that don't actually feature much actual Mesoamerican theming, and is almost entirely just pop culture tropes people associate with them rather than their actual fashion, architecture, etc.
>>
>>92698880
anon it's not just precolombian civs that are done poorly by unitedstatian writers: fantasy and "historical" fiction are plagued by people that look at a picture of a traditional dress or weapon and think themselves "inspired", when the culture and the writer had never touched one another
>>
>>92701960
Because only some autists care for that, not even the descendents of mesoamericans care about it, they know more about goku than the Moche or Tabascans for example.
>>
>>92702021
I don't think it's comparable

Fantasy media inspired by Fuedal Japan or Medieval Europe might be prone to random pop culture tropes, get stuff wrong, and make it look grungy, but a say Japanese inspired fantasy setting will still have kabuto helmets, kimononos, architecture at least evocative of Japanese stuff, etc. The specifics are wrong, not the broad strokes.

Mesoamerican fantasy stuff like >>92700941 does not even do that: It gets the broad strokes wrong, too. The only actual Mesoamerican weapons, armor, or clothing designs they evoke is Macuahuitl and Quetzal headdresses. Actual Aztec clothing for women or architecture is closer to Japanese women or Minoan palaces then it is to most even "historical" themed Aztec media, let alone fantasy ones. What happens with Mesoamerica isn't like how Roman themes stuff doesn't get roman armor exactly right, it'd be if they said a half naked celtic warrior was a roman one.

In addition to not even getting the basic types of armor, clothing, buildings, etc right, they also go out of their way to make it look like primitive poorly made stuff all the time. Historical/fantasy media might make other cultural/historically influence stuff look dirty and uncolorful, but you don't usually see them try to make Samurai armor or plate armor look like it was hobbled together by cavemen the same way everybody does with Mesoamerican things.

The only comparable thing I can think of is how Vikings in pop culture tend to have totally made up shit like horned helmets and leather/fur armor, again, sort of like cavemen or celtic tribes, but even with them the difference isn't as big

>>92703285
The Moche are Andean/Peruvian
>>
>>92692231
They don't. They apply to the publishers who are disincentivized from publishing anything that might suggest unapproved opinions. Look into what happened to Steve Jackson Games back in the day for daring to publish something that was accidentally misconstrued as anti-government.

>>92690452
For the Middle East, they go straight for !Egyptians. Otherwise, they refrain from depicting Arabs in a positive light because... well, look at the world after 9/11 and what's happening on American college campuses right now.
>>
>>92691190
Turkey hasn't been relevant in centuries. Soon you'll be much like the durkas in Persia, bemoaning your lost glory while everyone else smirks ruefully at the monkey who has nothing to celebrate but the accomplishments of people one thousand years in their grave.
>>
>>92690452
My fantasy is that once the true Christians of the West conquered Constantinople, it stayed in their stewardship and was never debased by the filthy hands of the East ever again.
>>
>>92704962
Again you and a few autsit care about that, shut the fuck up, this thread isn't even about mesoamerica, schizo.
>>
>>92690452
Janissaries are the result of slavery which is a big no-no in modern fantasy settings. Much of the loyalty to the idea of a single monotheistic God whose embodiment cannot be comprehended doesn't jam well with a pantheon-based list of gods in the Greco-Roman mold, which is why Christian-derived themes are likewise also rather uncommon for a genera that is dominated by knights.

Beyond that, you don't see much Arab-specific trappings in fantasy beyond genies because your layman can't tell them apart from Persians anyway.
>>
>>92690452
I think you're exaggerating.

I think more that when fantasy islamic culture showed up in fantasy it was based on a very incomplete understanding of the culture. More pulp than anything else. Just cause most people in the western world didn't know much about the middle east outside of the highlights like Alladin. Even then I'd argue you probably until more recently saw more fantasy islamic elements in a setting than you would samurai.
>>
>>92705000
>they refrain from depicting Arabs in a positive light
Have Arabs ever been depicted in a positive light?
Historically they were associated with piracy, slavers, and fanaticism. And now they're associated with... well, exactly that again.
>>
>>92690718
This is the reasoning of a coward. And it implies that you are racist.

Because the best defense to being called a racist is to not be racist.
>but they'll just call you racist anyway!
Yeah. And if you're NOT racist, you get to not care. Because you know it's true.
>But the woke mob will cancel you!
Then make the goddamn case for yourself. Defend your positions and decisions. When they make bad faith arguments you can illustrate them as such. When they make good faith arguments you can incorporate them.

If for instance someone said 'white people shouldn't be allowed to make arabian settings' I'd point out how bullshit that idea is because it implies nobody is allowed to make a setting of any other culture. If they said 'you should do your research and see what the opinions of arab people are' then yeah, that's correct. You probably should.

Heck- I mean Ubisoft just has to throw up 'this game was made by a diverse team' and they get to make games set in all kinds of setting. And they actually are pretty racist.
>>
>>92691022
You have an incredibly high opinion of your writing skills to think that your name is going to get picked up by religious extremists to get mad at.

I also feel I should remind people of the Satanic Panic of the 1980's, and how christian fundamentalists tried to get it outlawed for devil worship. The problem is fundamentalism not the religion. I mean- religion is also the problem, but people get offended when you say that and call fatwa's on you.
>>
>>92711133
>You have an incredibly high opinion of your writing skills to think that your name is going to get picked up by religious extremists to get mad at.
I would've never read The Satanic Verses cover to cover if not for the fact that it was the only book I had with me during a two-week trip to Japan. So you really don't need to be a good writer, you just need to be unlucky enough for somebody high up enough on the ladder of a fundie muslim country to currently require a scapegoat.
>>
>>92711133
christian fundamentalists are like 10% of the total christian population
muslim fundamentalists are like 80% of the total muslim population
>>
>>92692231
Because they don't get published otherwise. OPs question is about common fantasy settings, meaning published or mainstream, not your personalized creation that you play alone and never tell anyone about.
>>
>>92711373
It's more like there is one fundamentalist state for each of the two sects, but none for Christians.

Bring back the Witchfinder General, I say. The War on Christmas is not yet lost!
>>
File: twkVdIG.png (1.6 MB, 715x915)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>92690452
>No arab fantasy
Niggas out here forgetting about Al qadim
>>
>>92711373
They're the same part of the population- it's a matter of who is in charge. In western countries we have secularism that fundamentalists constantly crusade against, while in islamic countries they're in the government.

The same kind of heavily armed religious fundamentalists who practice child marriage and pray for the death of their enemies that live in Afghanistan also live in West Virginia. It's just the ones in Afghanistan managed to take control.
>>
>>92690452
Muslim culture is intentionally obfuscated so if you want to know more about them then you have to go out of your way to do it. This goes for game makers as well and so the overlap of asian or western game devs that want to make a game and also know enough about that culture and want to put it in their games is a small slice of the venn diagram.
>>
>>92711477
damn, i see now
kvetching about satanic board games is as serious and criminal as stoning women for showing their ankles
these two groups are the exact same!
>>
>>92711608
Like I said it's a matter of empowerment. The impulses are the exact same. A Christian fundamentalist would have very few differences from an islamic fundamentalist one.
>>
File: pop-corn.gif (655 KB, 460x426)
655 KB
655 KB GIF
>>92690452
>OP is being a faggot again
>>
>>92690452
It used to be different. For a long time we had plenty of Arabian Nights themed settings. Can't imagine why, since the early 2000s, there's been such a steep decline.
>>
>>92712270
>A Christian fundamentalist would have very few differences from an islamic fundamentalist one.
absolutely incorrect. your naivety is astounding
>>
>>92712433
Hey man, everyone ignores the parts of the religion they don't like. Good people ignore the bad parts. Bad people ignore the good parts.

As it turns out- christian fundamentalists, like islamic fundamentalists equally ignore the good parts because it stops being about religion and it becomes entirely about power.

But I'm sure you have a nuanced counterargument in store for me.
>>
>>92712630
the difference is that christian fundamentalists operate on a whole different level than muslim ones
christians, for one, don't marry infidel women so they can rape them because sex outside of marriage is a sin. they also can drink alcohol and listen to music and don't have to avert their eyes whenever a drawing of a human pops up in their line of sight.
>b-b-but power!
every human social structure that deals with organizing people taps into power. Shall we involve anarchism, fascism or communism into the discussion?
>>
>>92705000
>what's happening on American college campuses right now.
Hundreds of people being arrested and shot at by police for standing around and saying a few slogans?
>>
>>92712725
Yeah. Because the christian church has NEVER been at the center of a MASSIVE sex scandal in it's two-thousand year existence. You're right, you've convinced me.
>hey also can drink alcohol and listen to music
Yeah, that's the difference maker right there.
>and don't have to avert their eyes whenever a drawing of a human pops up in their line of sight.
Coulda fooled me.
>Shall we involve anarchism, fascism or communism into the discussion?
I don't see why unless you want to derail the discussion. Though to humor you- the difference between christianity and islam to a fundamentalist is like the difference between leninism and maoism to a communist. What the exact tenants of the doctrines are relate very little to the way that power is inevitably wielded against people.
>>
>>92711133
Christian nutters wanted things they didn't like censored
Muslim nutters want people that create things they don't like brutally executed

There are millions of Muslim nutters willing and read to blow themselves up at your home and work.
Christians are cucks that will just take the insults, Muslims goatfuckers will kill any who insult them.
>>
>>92712935
That's all just a matter of how far along they are.

If people are feeling insulted, I feel the same way about fascist and communists. Like the communists in most countries stew in impotency, the communists in Russia were making plans to overthrow their government. It's just a matter of how much they can get away with. Most middle eastern nations are pretty unstable for a wide array of reasons. (notably stable countries like Oman don't have a fundamentalism problem). Most Christian nations are pretty stable and wealthy- hence talking about how much they want to execute infidels tends to decrease the amount of people wanting to follow them.
>>
>>92691096
They were crusading for Arab pussy, you couldn’t get Arab pussy in Europe during the 11th century (well except for the Iberian Peninsula anyway, actually now that I think about it was there ever a crusade declared against the Muslim kingdoms in Spain/Portugal?)
>>
>>92711112
> Have Arabs ever been depicted in a positive light?
The 13th Warrior, granted the Arab was played by a Spaniard but Spaniards do have Arabic/Moorish blood in them.
>>
>>92712850
Exactly my point, anon. Reread the original
>>
>>92711112
The Arabs had their golden age right when europe was in it's dark ages. They're parts of the Roman and Persan Empires that they conquered were much better preserved that the parts the Christians inherited- infact the Renaissance largely started when Italian Merchant Republics started trading copies of old Roman texts back into europe from islamic states following the Crusades and relaxing of trade regulations. During the European Dark Ages, the Arabs were masters of mathematics, architecture, art, literature, had way more advanced weapons and armor (infact they had chainmail for centuries before europeans- to the point that some historical conspiracists think that Arthurs Knights of the Round Table were arabs that got lost in England). They also had the best doctors who were in high-demand in european courts. Their parts of the world being more developed and urbanized (even prior to the fall of the Roman Empire- hence why Constantine moved the Capital to Byzantium) they were much richer- as well as on the cross-roads for trade with the east, and thus had much better access to knowledge and trade with the world.

The Islamic Sultanate also- contrary to what you'd think was markedly more tolerant than any other state at the time. The Quran has a provision stating that Christians and Jews were not to be forcibly converted, but were only subject to an extra tax, hence most Christians and Jews weren't that much bothered to be living under an islamic system. In addition- the tax also gave islamic states a lot more cash to actually fund government shit. This however was a double-edged sword, it still encouraged conversion and over time more and mor people would convert to islam and deprive those states of that cash flow they had depended on with nothing to replace it.
>>
>>92713459
Anyway- the Quran (like the bible) stresses equality so initially people of all ethnicities were welcomed into it, and the Quran being in Arabic, a living language, was a much lower barrier of entry than learning Latin. However- naturally over time Arabs were prioritized in government than people such as the Berbers, who naturally decided to make their own Sultanate (with blackjack and hookers). So a lot of the idealism became empty rhetoric over time.

However- you can chart the end of the Islamic Golden Age with the arrival of the Mongols. Most of the Islamic States made the incorrect judgement that they could stand against the Mongols, and the Mongols, being the Mongols, didn't take that shit. So they ended up burning Baghdad to the ground, alongside it the House of Wisdom- the Great Library of Alexandria of the Islamic World. Modern Day Baghdad is actually several miles from the original spot.

To justify how 'godless heathens' like the Mongols could not just defeat them but ROYALLY defeat them, they started embracing the ideology of 'well God prefers you have a tyrant that lets you be a good muslim than the reverse', these guys being paid by the Mongols to justify their own rule. But while the Mongol occupation was pretty brief, this ideology stuck. The Islamic world, which previously had been incredibly cosmopolitan, tolerant, syncretic, and outward looking, instead became increasingly focused on Quranic Legalism, strict interpretations of the religion, dismissive of knowledge outside religious concerns, and isolationist.

The Christian World had mostly caught up with the Islamic World by the 1200's in several categories, but they continued to be outward looking and started moving away from, well fundamentalism is the wrong word but we can safely say religious authority would keep taking beatings in the next few centuries. Which in turn allowed them to outpace and eclipse the islamic world and then in turn got colonized by Europeans.
>>
>>92690452
What is Qadira? What is Dark Ages Vampire? Fuck, Fantasy Arabia is probably the second most popular setting after Fantasy Europe. You're just a retard.
>>
>>92707080
You blind, worthless cunt. The OP outright named Aztecs and Mayans.
>>
>>92712862
lol ok, let's put it this way so you can understand
do you want islamic fundies or christian fundies to live next to you?
>>
>>92713459
Wasn't mail invented in Italy, though? Even the Celts with their almost non-existent infrastructure were capable of fashioning it from their cottage-grade industry.
>>
>>92690452
Isn't one of the major landmarks of Forgotten Realms the not-Arabian coast? I know the Drizzt books spent as much or more time there than Icewind Dale
>>92690486
Ah yep, looks like I was right.
>>
>>92692231
OP is begging for a packaged COMMERCIAL PRODUCT to consoom, if he just wanted to play Arabian Knights with his pals he'd be doing that instead of crying on /tg/, but he's a gamescel with no friends so instead he makes it the rest of our problem.
>>92711114
If you're so brave and bold and visionary, what's stopping YOU from cornering this apparently untapped market?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (140 KB, 1038x686)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>92705108
Don't forget being so ashamed they need oil money to convince others that the "so called genocide" never happened, wasn't an akchual genocide, that a gov't can't be a traitor, and destroying evidence they made to convince the Nazi's to try their own genocide. Slavs call Turks "nazi race" for a reason.
>>
>>92690452
I don't think you play games, anon. Fantasy !Middle East is arguably more popular than Fantasy !Japan for non-Euro inspired settings.
>>
>>92711373
Christian fundamentalism ended slavery, poverty, and illiteracy. Muslim fundamentalism burned the Library of Alexandria and tells normies that it's akchually the Bible that was handed down orally for centuries. Friendly reminder that 'that guy' hates the Church. Gatekeeping is easy when you use another religious institution as the enemy.
>>
>>92717043
>Christian fundamentalism ended slavery, poverty, and illiteracy.
Hoo boy, this is funny that you think that.
Especially when the bible exclicitely condones slavery and the Fundies (in America and beyond) were the ones using it to justify the chattel slavery of Africans. As for the latter, Fundamentalism hasn't done shit to address either one, that's why both are utterly rampant. And American Fundies argue against spending the money to fix poverty and are trying to shut down public schools and are actively exacerbating the problem of illiteracy.
>>
>>92713065
>now that I think about it was there ever a crusade declared against the Muslim kingdoms in Spain/Portugal?
Yes. It was called the Reconquista. It lasted 800 years.
>>
>>92715105
Easy I want neither.
>>92715353
I have an unironic skill issue.
>>92715851
You know what I find funny about genocide denialism is that it's never done for historical reasons. It's done for modern political reasons. I did a paper this semester on Holocaust Denialism and the whole thing basically boils down to step one of trying to rehabilitate the image of white-supremacy and fascism in order to make the two politically mainstream again. So like- I find that pretty easy to understand as a motivator. If you want a fascist society you must first find a way to excuse all the shit the Nazi's pulled, and the Holocaust is merely the first and biggest obstacle to that.

But like what I find funny about stuff like the Armenian Genocide is that that's not tied to a political ideology or anything. Like Germany acknowledges the Holocaust and gets to function just fine as a country. Same with the US and its role in slavery and oppression of the Native Americans, not too long ago there was even a big Hollywood movie about how bad the Native Americans got it, and there's been no real political ramifications of it. Hell- many major figures in American history participated in both, and like sure the Founding Fathers are a bit of a sacred cow, but there's no academic issue discussing George Washington participating in slavery or the Indian Wars.
>>
who gives a shit middle east is a shithole that deserves to be glassed.
>>
>>92722352
Apparently you do.
>>
>>92698880
You know those DRAWINGS of Tenochtitlan on the right are mostly guesses right?
Logically it couldn't look like that because one rainy day would destroy all those flat roofed buildings without sophisticated drainage.
>>
>>92722937
>if you didn't care you wouldn't mention it
Literally the most yawn enducing comeback
>>
>>92690486
If you absolutely can't be bothered to leave the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate was recently culturally enriched by an influx of immigrants from Calimshan and there's a Little Calimshan settlement just outside of Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>92711112
I think there's been some good obfuscation of Arabian piracy and slaving. I didn't learn about it until I was well out of school, but you better believe how I learned about European trade in African slaves (although with the convenient omission of African participation in and profit from the practice which predated European colonial contact with Africa).
>>
>>92721099
Have you read a history book? The religious demand to free slaves after a time was unprecedented in ancient times, and the fundies fought against the slave owners who were overwhelmingly rich and members of secret societies. Stop repeating what TV tells you to repeat.
>>
>>92727982
Oh, you're just making bullshit up.
>>
>>92690579
>other brown people seething about sandshitters
kys
>>
>>92690579
There's evidence suggesting that pre-Islamic Arabia wasn't pagan but in truth, monotheist... Or at least a lot more monotheist than Muhammad would like you to believe. So those idolators Muhammad was ranting about? Chances are those were Christians, Jews, poets, or the worst of them all: kaffirs who had the GALL to disturb the prophet in his beauty sleep.

>>92713515
>Anyway- the Quran (like the bible) stresses equality so initially people of all ethnicities were welcomed into it,
I disagree. A lot of sunnahs are explicitly about how to treat slaves, with one explicitly stating that even if a non-muslim slave converts to Islam, they're still a slave. Plus, in the copy translated by Nooruddin, multiple sunnahs outright rant about Jews, one verse even directly states: 'Jews have the greatest enmity towards believes.' Keep in mind, Nooruddin was an Ahmadi, one of the more tolerant heresies who included multiple sunnahs stating that Allah sent multiple teachers to multiple countries.

Even the Oxford copy (the best of them all) has multiple sunnahs dealing with slaves and how to treat them. But that's the Quran, the hadiths show Muhammad happily selling slaves, molesting slaves, making business deals with Abu Bakr (a brutal slaver by any measure), including selling two African slaves for one Arabic one. Islam was never about equality, especially towards women.

And as mentioned before, the 'Idolators' of Muhammad's time might not have existed anymore.
>>
>>92724063
Feeling the need to stop in a thread you don't care about to express how much distaste you have about something that you want it to be completely destroyed sure shows that you lack any strong opinions on the subject.
>>92724602
Before you launch into a wokeist conspiracy I bet you didn't know about the indian slave trade either, or the trans-saharan slave-trade.

Most countries have a version of history that emphasizes their role in the world. Like for instance I went to school in the US and Virginia- naturally when in Scotland we started with stone-age civilizations in the UK, and in the US we started with pre-columbian native-american societies.

Another facet of the slave-trade is that the lions share of slaves went to Brazil and the Carribean, because they were worked to death- they decided it was cheaper to import new slaves rather than let them procreate. Whereas in the continental US tobacco and cotton production weren't as deadly and labor intensive as sugar-production was, and the US colonies weren't around for as long before the trans-atlantic slave-trade ended (though internal slave-trade between colonies was still legal) meaning that the amount of slaves going to the US colonies from across the colonies was a pretty small total of the transatlantic slave-trade (which again the bulk went the Carribean and Brazil).

Now as for the trans-saharan and trans-indian slave-trades we don't have as much documentation (western nation being pretty big record-keepers) so we don't know how much they compared exactly, though we can reasonably estimate while it was smaller it was in comparable numbers with comparably terrible conditions. One african slave even managed to work his way up to King in india.

Now- should we teach a much more thorough history of slavery in classrooms? Yeah, but it'd be fucking woke critical race theory if we did.
>>
>>92727982
Yeah. They even give slaves the day off just like they do the cows! You stop bullying those poor fundamentalists and their slaves!
>>92728896
Anon, you realize that ethnicity is not the same as religion and class right? I didn't argue that Islam is communist and got rid of class distinctions.

Muslims of different ethnicities were treated equally at least initially. I should also point out that while Christians and Jews weren't considered equal citizen, they had way more leeway in society than Jews or other religions had in Medieval Europe. Jews would constantly have to be worried about being expelled from european kingdoms which happened frequently, hence a lot of them moved to Poland and Russia (who were willing to take them in to increase their manpower pool in what was a pretty sparsely populated area).
>>
>>92728988
>Anon, you realize that ethnicity is not the same as religion and class right?
But you said it promoted equality. It does not and in truth, promotes some serious ethnic strife.

>Muslims of different ethnicities were treated equally at least initially.
They really, really weren't. If an African slave converted to Islam, he would still be worth less than an Arabic one (Muhammad's 'two for one' deal). Initially? During Muhammad's time? Only Arabic men were considered 'true' Muslims. A slave was a slave, a dhimmi was a dhimmi, regardless of whether or not they kissed Muhammad's ass.
>I should also point out that while Christians and Jews weren't considered equal citizen, they had way more leeway in society than Jews or other religions had in Medieval Europe
No, they really didn't. Especially in Muhammad's time in which being Jewish was a death sentence which can be noticeably seen in Khaybar. While the Jews getting kicked out of Medina can be written off as 'Muhammad being upset' or some 7th grade bullshit, Khaybar outright saw the Jews getting massacred with the property of non-Muslims being confiscated by the Arabs and the women given to the Arabic leaders. Allegedly they let the Jews go but most sources point to a bloodbath.

And the survivors? They now had to give Muhammad, good ol' Muhammad, one half of their produce or else.

So, redditor, mind explaining to me why you're defending this shit?
>>
>>92712935
Hi there. I know its been a while, but have you heard of Northern Ireland?
Christian are perfectly willing to murder people over sectarian differences.
>>
>>92729447
Ok, but is that a Christian thing or an Irish thing in this case?
>>
File: 182590_00_2x.jpg (372 KB, 1184x1774)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
Wonder what drew in the Islam defense force. According to the Saudi Ulama, most fantasy AND science fiction is haram so TRPGs aren't really halal so their presence is curious.
>>
>>92724048
>sophisticated drainage
The entire city was built on the surface of a lake, anon, complete with crop beds and everything. Plumbing and drainage was like the #1 thing most under control there.
>>
>>92729538
The majority of the actual violence in NI has always been from loyalists, who are ethnically and culturally British (primarily Scottish) and not Irish. So yeah it's not just an irish thing.
>>
>>92729557
The Saudis are the most extreme and unrepresentative if any Muslims. Its like saying American Evangelics represent Christianity
>>
>>92690452
>Fantasy settings have Crusaders, Knights, Musketmen, Samurais, Pirates, Vikings, Romans, Chinese, Mongols, Japanese, Aztects, Mayans, Indians, Koreans, heck even Zulus or Africans
>Koreans
Since when? I never saw Koreans in fantasy, they are always Chinese and Japanese
>>
>>92690452
Nobody plays RPGs to be a goatfucker, they play to be a goat, fucker.
>>
>>92690452
Just the way it is.
>>
>>92729605
Yeah, but it's reflective of a general attitude within the religion. Plus, out of all the things they could be doing right now, why argue with people over tabletop gaming? And not just tabletop gaming, homebrew worldbuilding. It's the one of the nerdiest parts of the hobby.
>>
>>92698262
Pretty much. These guys will gladly disembowel one another over Aisha's age, much less a political cartoon. Oh wait, that's right, the Hadiths were 'flawed' and Aisha was conveniently eighteen and compliant with American federal age of consent laws. I think Islam's biggest failing is the inability to view Muhammad in a critical light. Just compare that attitude to other historical periods:
>Roman: everyone cracks jokes about Hadrian's fourteen year old boyfriend and Catamites, or Caligula's weird ass shit.
>Medieval: everyone knows if you were a serf, chances are you were married off by the age of twelve so your family gets a goat or two.
>Renaissance: John Rolfe, John Smith, shit all those guys are viewed through critical lenses.
>Colonial: Jefferson's rightfully viewed poorly for his horrible treatment of slaves.
That's the thing. You can view these people critically, you can crack jokes and make fun of them. You can't with Muhammad as he's supposed to be seen as the perfect human, the Übermensch above all criticism for that goes against God himself. So unlike the rest of us who have accepted the good alongside the bad with their heroes, the Muslims double down and get incredibly violent.

>>92729263
It's probably not a redditor. I get the feeling it's some weird Islamist trying to taqiyya the thread for some apparent reason.

Hey islamanon, isn't playing tabletop itself haram like Minecraft?
>>
>>92728954
>I bet you didn't know about the indian slave trade either, or the trans-saharan slave-trade.

You're correct.

>Most countries have a version of history that emphasizes their role in the world.

Not so much. I remember learning in the 4th grade about Japanese interment camps, and it could just be me blanking on whatever else I was supposed to absorb, but my next memory of history is learning about Mesopotamia in the 7th grade, following through with Greece, Egypt, and the like (not too much about Rome that I recall, but that could also be my poor memory), then there's a huge gap in time and we jump in WW1 and 2, slavery is in there somewhere but mostly as an adjunct to segregated forces in the WWs.

>Yeah, but it'd be fucking woke critical race theory if we did.

How so? The history I learned in school painted slavery as something particular to white colonial powers not practiced by anyone else. I spent a lot of time thinking that somehow white people were unique in inventing slavery.
>>
>>92732251
>The history I learned in school painted slavery as something particular to white colonial powers not practiced by anyone else.
Same here. There's been some effort to 'romanticize' pre-American slavery while trying to play up chattel slavery as being particularly bad. Then you learn about Roman slaves dying in cave ins and young kids getting kidnapped and doped up by pimps. But hey... In spite of brutal slave labor, human sacrifice, pimps, child rape, and woe, at least they weren't RACIST. I actually suspect way too many people use prostitutes themselves, hence the blind eye.
>>
>>92733032
Just to clarify my position: human traffickers usually lure in people, drug them up with a nasty crack cocktail, then pimp them out using their new addiction as a control tool. It is modern day slavery and I suspect a lot of people, a lot more than you think, use streetwalkers fairly regularly. It's fucked because the average age of 'entry' seems to be thirteen or fourteen. The fact that modern day slavery gets ignored in favor of trying to make most of the population feel sorry for deadbeats and failures pisses me off.
>>
>>92732251
Well- western history is viewed as starting from the Fertile Crescent, moving to Greece, then Rome, then Western Europe, and then it depends on what country you live in. I'd bet you East-Asian countries start their history with early-civilization in China instead, or India with the Indus Valley Civilization.

Because the people who complain about that shit don't care about what history actually says, and care instead about trying to minimize black history- which would still largely be at the forefront of a broader 'history of slavery'. Like- yeah we should talk about the Barbary Slave Trade and how that effected people in Spain and Italy I agree. I'm a history nerd I like talking about that stuff. But it'd be impossible to discuss that in a broader context without also pointing out stuff like the trans-atlantic, trans-indian and trans-saharan slave trades.

To talk about a broader issue, what we're talking about here is historical revisionism. Which isn't an inherently bad thing. Historians are victims of bias like the rest of us, and can end up telling a one-sided version of history. For instance- American History up until relatively recently tended to de-emphasize the role of slavery, but nowadays we both have a lot more african-american historians researching that stuff, but also historians today often put broader emphasis on histories underclasses which have been a giant blindspot. Not just minorities, but women, the lower classes, etc. because most history is told from the POV of the wealthy upper class (IE the people who can write), and realizing that historians have tried to research the countervailing perspectives.
(cont.)
>>
>>92734066
This has the effect of then over-emphasizing the American Slave Trade, but these new revisionist historians have a bias themselves- an american-centric bias that then by contrast de-emphasizes the role of the broader trans-atlantic slave-trade and the history of slavery broadly. Again this isn't a bad thing- this is the process of historiography. Wherin history is written by a historian publishing an essay where he says another historian is full of shit and people argue about it until they come to a consensus.

The problem is there's two kinds of people who talk about history. History nerds like myself, and people who couldn't give two shits about history but want to complain about modern politics. See the Armenian Genocide which was referenced earlier in the thread.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkV-YFTEy9o
>>
>>92729263
I said equality among ethnic groups. And I pointed out how it both did and didn't. The sultanate fell apart because the Berbers got passed over for government jobs by Arabs and they started their own sultanate instead. But that was a process that lasted a couple centuries. It turns out that people don't practice what they preach. Take a moment to process the fact that religious people don't always do what their religion tells them to do.
>>
>>92722196
I think it's plain old shame. The deathly sin of hubris does that.
>>
>>92728954
The amount of effort required to post in a thread is not indicative of strong emotions
>>
>>92729559
They didn't have plumbing tho
>>
>>92690640
>golden road
>none of the features that made the sahara camel trade meaningful in the first place
pathetic
>>
>>92691043
>crusaders
Tell that to Constantinople.
>samurai
Tsujigiri.
>>
>>92728954
>meaning that the amount of slaves going to the US colonies from across the colonies was a pretty small total of the transatlantic slave-trade (which again the bulk went the Carribean and Brazil).
The difference is that America in particular went in to massive slave breeding. Jefferson in particular was all about breeding slaves at home rather than transporting them.
Iirc, in 1790, there were 400,000 Africans in America.
By 1860, there was 4 MILLION. That is why the African population was never really subsumed in to the general population like they were in other areas where there was large Native and European populations, on top of the desire to continue profitting from them via practices like sharecropping and Jim Crow legislation.
Entire books were written about this phenomenon.
>>
>>92690640
>fantasy egypt
>fantasy china
>fantasy shitty eastern euro tribe land
>shitty norse land
>shitty arabia
>shitty congo/aztecs
>shitty pirate land

I like pathfinder but the main setting is such horseshit.
>>
>>92730813
What jokes about Christ have stuck?
Even Jefferson, his... issues were downplayed for decades, and even now are treated as a historical 'well, he was a flawed person', versus 'he was as shit as the next man'. You need to either take specialized classes or do deep historical reading to even know the extent of it.
>>92734074
Daughters of the Trade is a wonderful book pointing out aspects of the entire thing often ignored, and you really need to go looking for it to even have heard of it.
It really explains some cultural narratives to that have persisted to this day, but they are extremely unflattering.
>>
>>92737921
The thing about Jesus is that he didn't have any military or political power, so he didn't have much of a chance to do anything really bad. The worst thing he really did, unless you count alleged sedition, was having a tantrum and killing a fig tree for being out of season, something that I have heard jokes about.
>>
>>92737921
Jesus killing the fig tree. For awhile, it was as if r/atheism was lusting after that tree only for Jesus Thundercock to kill it for no reason.

>>92738116
The sedition allegations really weren't that bad, either. The Judeans went overboard and forced Pilate to execute Jesus for little to no reason. And they were infamous for being irritable subjects. The siege of Jerusalem often reads like a nation sized Jonestown due to the batshit insanity of the Judeans, so much so you're rooting for the Legionaries.
>>
>>92740966
Eh, that reads to me like pro-Roman propaganda from Gospel writers who wanted to appeal to gentiles, as what historical records we've got of Pilate seem to imply that he was cruel and heavy-handed to the point of being fired for excess brutality, by Roman standards.
>>
>>92737854
I don't know about the latter part given the very large african-american population in the Carribean, Brazil, in fact a large chunk of Canada's black population moved to Newfoundland following the British' loss in the Revolution. They, or their British supporting Masters enlisted with the British who promised to free them in exchange for support (which the US side did as well but not nearly as much). Following the end of the war the British kept their promise, and they moved to Canada.
>>
>>92737921
I'm reminded of Helluva Boss (something I just marathoned) which has one character repeatedly use the phrase 'Christ on a stick'. He's also a literal demon, so the blasphemy is a big part of the point.

I'd also point out that the dialogue about Jefferson concerns the fact that he did both bad things (like own slaves) but also good things (like write the constitution).
>>92740966
Honestly I'm rather suspect of the whole 'Pilate really wanted to NOT execute Jesus' when we remember the Romans were the ones who composed the Bible. I mean if you were Constantine, would you okay a version of the Bible that says 'yeah turns out that Pilate fucked small boys in his spare time and he railroaded Jesus' execution and badmouthed the Virgin Mary after the whole thing' if it had existed at the time? We should remember that his adoption of Christianity was done largely to shore up the ailing Roman Empire, regardless of how sincere his conversion may or may not have been.

Likewise I'm suspect that Jesus said 'pay unto Caesar what is Caesars' when he was a guy constantly talking shit about the authorities. Not to say you shouldn't pay your taxes, but again if there was a version of the bible where he said 'taxes are for bitches' then there's no goddamn way that would have been the one chosen by Constantine.
>>92741162
Yeah this.
>>
>>92741162
But can you blame him? The Jews were willing to commit ethnic suicide just so they wouldn't have to accept the Imperial cult. As brutal as the Romans were, they had to be just to keep Judea as a functional province.
>>
>>92697697
True. Fuck Pedohammad and the Cake Religion of Piss.
>>
>>92741779
Plus the Romans were pretty chill as far as empires go. So long as you paid your taxes and joined the army you were in the running for full citizenship. They even let openly practicing zoroastrians, the religion of their eternal enemy the Persians, into the army.

And Jews and early Christians just refused to do the two things everyone else in the empire did.
>>
>>92741802
Fake. Only cake from it is underage girl Aisha's ass being molested by that sick fuck piece of trash Muhammad.
>>
>>92691915
Just to add some context here, the 'Satanic Verses' refer to a few hadiths where Muhammad pays respect to shrines dedicated to the sister deities of Mecca (assuming they weren't Judeo-Christian angels). This runs counter to the Islamic narrative that there's only one God as clearly Muhammad would know that if fucking Gabriel told him so. And, as the Quran portrays polytheism was being worse than all other belief systems, the fact that Muhammad commits haram destroys the narrative that he's the most pious prophet of God. This suggests that:
>1.) Muhammad may have held some 'polytheist' mannerisms himself.
>2.) He didn't exactly believe in his own shitty cult itself.
The hadiths are full of shit like that.

>>92737921
The point being that:
>a. We can criticize Jefferson.
We can both view Jefferson as a brilliant intellectual but a raping slaver at the same time. Now do the same for Muhammad, a devout Prophet yet a pedophile. One can be viewed through critical lens with no fear of retribution, the other? You risk your life, the lives of your family, and the lives of many others.
>>
>>92741913
Not to undermine your overall point, but like Mary was 13 when god impregnated her.
>>
>>92741779
I mean, they could have just left Judea, given that it was such an enormous pain to govern.
>>
>>92690452
I mean, mine does. Though they’re technically more Mesopotamian but they delve into plenty more modern Arab stuff as well (partly for lack of ability in my part to figure out how certain things and structure types could translate backwards into older, pre-Islamic styles.
>>
>>92690452
AD&D 2nd Edition had Al-Qadim, Calimshan and Birthright. Al-Qadim seems to be what you're looking for. Find the books and convert to Whatever system you use.
>>
>>92742265
Judea is one of the weirdest patches of earth on the planet. There's zero value to it whatsoever, which is why most of the Hebrews were pastoral farmers with sheep and the biggest city they had was Jerusalem which wasn't really that noteworthy throughout the Fertile Crescent. But it was also one of the most strategically important locations of the ancient world, being on the crossroads between Asia and Africa. As such it was the stomping grounds of every great power to crop up in the area.

For the Romans specifically they had a paralyzing fear that if the Persians could gain access to the Mediterranean, they could build a large enough fleet and very easily sail across the sea and sack Rome. And the Persians are pretty much the only people the ancient Jews actually liked. So it was far from outlandish to think that an independent Judea would make a natural ally for the Persians- an ally that that the Persians would be happy to use against the Romans.

There's a pretty good spy thriller movie you could make about what if Jesus was a Persian spy the entire time. Too bad cancel culture will ensure it never gets made.
>>
>>92742265
Honestly if only Hadrian had been more thorough, imagine the world we would be living in.
>>
>>92690579
Based based BASED!
>>
>>92691139
Ironic how smart they used to be, since modern day Arabs don't even believe the Earth is round.
>>
Congratulations this thread is the most retarded one on /tg/.

>>92690452
OP it’s because most roleplayers are white and people generally care only about things they can relate to. I generally have my fantasy settings be based on the middle east or central asia.
>>
>>92741913
Jefferson is not a religious figure, and America is the land of contrarianism and 'can't nobody tell me nothing'.
No one in American history is above having shit talked about them, it's just how much it will be told to children.
>>
>>92742206
That's still way better than Aisha, Ahmed. And you tried to deflect... Just what was Muhammad doing, praying at those shrines?

>>92745242
Yet Muhammad was flawed and has clear historical records of his existence, his deeds, and multiple people can attest to his existence. And if you want to play that game, Mr. Reddit... The mere fact someone proposed a Jesus Bond movie:
>>92742471
>There's a pretty good spy thriller movie you could make about what if Jesus was a Persian spy the entire time. Too bad cancel culture will ensure it never gets made.
Already shows that you can reinterpret Christ, another religious figure. Now compare that to us. I have to defend my viewpoint from redditors and the Salafi defense force. 00Christ anon doesn't need to.
>>
>>92746224
>I have to defend my views
Oh boo fucking hoo.

Anyway, I think you certainly COULD make a perisan-spy-jesus movie, but I wonder if it could end up having mass appeal. Like say- christian fundamentalists decided they hated Monty Python and the Life of Brian, but Life of Brian wasn't really about Jesus, he doesn't even really show up in the film, while it's more generally about the mood in Judea at the time. On the other hand though- Monty Python admitted they didn't make fun of Jesus less out of religious respect, more so because he's not a really funny figure. He's most well known for wanting to give everything to charity, and that's not particularly humorous.
>>
>>92744314
I personally know white-american flat earthers.

I'm going to use this opportunity to talk about superstition. Contrary to popular belief the 'advancement' of society doesn't have any real correlation between the amount of superstition in that society. Superstition is not a matter of education, rather it arises from two factors. High-stress situations, and minimal control over that situation.

A great case-study is the realm of sports-magic. We all know about this- sports players who have rituals meant to curry luck, examples include having to hunt down lucky paperclips, or refusing to change their underwear, because if they don't it will bring bad luck and lose them their games. And the reason for this is Sports Players are under immense pressure to win their games, but no single sports player, no matter how good, can singlehandedly win or lose the game. Superstitious rituals help make those sports-players feel like they have some sort of control over the situation in which they do not. I feel it's not a coincidence then we had a number of sports celebreties who became anti-vaxxers (and isn't Shaq a flat earther, or some other big basketball player?)

You can easily observe the opposite. People will pray to god if say you're gonna go get a surgery. But the idea that they'd pray that say you'd get your pizza delivered to your house is of course ludicrous. Because the chances something bad happens to your pizza delivery guy is very low, and the stakes of not getting it are very low. Even if, logically speaking, you have the ability to call down the favor of the divine, you should be able to do so regardless of the circumstance.
>>
>>92747035
So Ahmed, why is Muhammad above any and all criticism? Why did God choose a random Pedophile as the ultimate human?
>>
>>92690980
This. Muslims are never happy and always feel prosecuted even when they aren’t being prosecuted.
>>
>>92690452
That’s because most fantasy settings aren’t fantasies you’re describing historical fiction settings

>>92690476
This is also why the fantasy genre is dead right now
>>
File: IMG_2047.jpg (143 KB, 1080x810)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>92690579
>Islamic golden age
Lol I think you mean the Persian golden age
>>
>>92748309
I didn't say that. I'm an atheist.

As to why God chose a pedophile? Well probably because he's a pedophile himself since he, again, impregnated Mary when she was 13.
>>
>>92748472
Isn’t it funny how Persian intellectuals who converted to Islam found it incredibly easy to notice its bullshit?
>>
>>92744314
>>92747078
I'm not sure if you can say flat Earth is really comparable since it ultimately rises from a lack of verifiable information. If you could send a flattie to the Moon to gaze at the world directly, they'd change their tune, but just showing them some picture of a sphere in the age of fake news is plausibly going to draw skepticism.

It comes from an explicit lack of belief in the secondary source.
>>
>>92748557
That pedophile was also a cat lover, and condemned a Karen to eternal hellfire for starving and neglecting a cat to death.

Based pedophile.
>>
>>92748645
The thing is, you can show them evidence. There's a ton of things you can do from the ground using a string and maybe a camera that prove the earth is round. They just pivot their claims so that the evidence you just showed them doesn't mean anything. If you chase them long enough, they'll double back and contradict themselves, rendering your older evidence true according to the new logic they made up to render your new evidence false.
>>
>>92748645
>If you could send a flattie to the Moon to gaze at the world directly, they'd change their tune
No they wouldn’t. Some humans are absolutely incapable of changing their views. The cognitive dissonance has become a disease.
>>
>>92748645
They'd tell you your simulator ride is really convincing, but they know they're still on the flat earth and then open an airlock and die.
>>
>>92748568
What are you on about retard, those people wrote loads of books about islamic philosophy and law.
>>
>>92748557
We're not talking about Mary, Mr. Reddit. We're talking about Muhammad. Why is a pedophile the Übermensch? Why should I die if I say "Muhammad was a pedophile" in a public square?

>I didn't say that. I'm an atheist.
And I'm the pope.

>>92748568
The Shia heresies are also a lot more diverse when it comes to alternative belief systems whereas every Sunni school of thought ranges from batshit to even more batshit.
>>
The prophet was known as a kind and honest man. He tried to spread Islam peacefully for longer than a decade, during this time the pagans beat him up, humiliated him and even tried to assasinate him buy he continued to spread Allah’s message. He only fought back when the pagans decided to confiscate the possessions of the muslims.

Also his first wife proposed to him because he was too poor to marry. His wife Aisha is probably older than you fags claim but even if she wasn’t back in those days you’d get married off as soon as you hit puberty. Even then she loved him a lot. Anyway the prophet was a great man and you can seethe all you want.
>>
>>92749148
>Why should I die if I say "Muhammad was a pedophile" in a public square?
Because redditors are pedos themselves.

>>92749169
This just confirms it. The redditors, the Salafi defense force, all of them afraid of a /tg/ thread roasting Muhammad. Islam, despite its massive birthrates and high levels of inbreeding, can't handle Aisha shitposting. Then again I shouldn't be surprised, Redditors have openly lusted after children for years.
>>
>>92747078
>I personally know white-american flat earthers.
>BUT WHAT ABOUT
Yeah, you're an Arab. Are you the guy that openly spams his sex fantasies in the /pol/ Eurabia threads? That blonde girl you were lusting after was well under the age of sixteen.
>>
>>92749124
“The Quran is full of contradictions and doesn’t contain any useful information”
— Muhammad Al Razi

Ever heard of Al Maari ? He was an atheist, antinatalist and vegan philosopher who wrote poetry in Syria, near Aleppo in the 10th century. He lived up to his 70's and became very wealthy despite being blind. He criticized Islam but also all the other religions.

Try to do 1% of his accomplishments in today's Syria, and you just signed your death warrant. Al Qaida even destroyed his statue in his hometown.

Point is, it’s a lot harder to reconcile Islam with higher learning, than Christianity or Judaism.
>>
>>92747078
I've always disliked people that pray to God for specific outcomes. God knows what is best for us and what is part of our plan. When I see someone is suffering, I pray for God to show them mercy. That's it. It's more of an acknowledgement that we all suffer in life, but that it has a part of God's plan, and God will help us through each step.
>>
>>92749148
Both stories are in the quran, I don't know why one offends you and the other doesn't.
>>92749281
Only arab's know white american flat earthers?
>>92749545
Philosophically prayer is useless. I'm not the one who came up with that idea, it was a christian philosopher.

Consider- God is all knowing right? And he is all-temporal isn't he? I mean perfect knowledge implies perfect knowledge of the past, present, and future.

So say your aunt is dying of cancer, and that you are praying for God to save her. Well- that implies that:
A. God doesn't already know that your Aunt is dying of cancer.
B. That God hasn't already made his decision on whether or not he was going to save your Aunts life already (and that he hadn't already made that decision at the dawn of creation)
C. That somehow your prayers are going to be the difference maker that'll make him change his mind on the matter.

Now- the philosopher argued you SHOULD still pray, as a personal exercise of your faith that has fulfilling meaning to you. But that it's utterly useless at making God do anything, because God has already made every decision he is ever going to make, and your dumb ass isn't gonna convince him otherwise.
>>
>>92749333
I'd argue you just showcased you can. The difference is the climate of extremism and fundamentalism in the middle east right now. But if it can be done in the 10th century, then there's no reason to assume it can't be done again.

I mean in the reverse example, you probably wouldn't have been able to get away with criticizing Christianity in Inquisition era Spain either.
>>
>>92749638
>Both stories are in the quran, I don't know why one offends you and the other doesn't.
Because nobody cares about Mary. You can state that as much as you want. Now Muhammad and Aisha? You risk your life. The fact you're deflecting away from that, and the amount of knowledge you have concerning Islam, leads me to suspect that you have a vested interest in containing the thread. So Abdul... Is Minecraft haram?
>>
>>92749545
>>92749638
Isn't fantasy haram?
>>
>>92711114
>>but they'll just call you racist anyway!
>Yeah. And if you're NOT racist, you get to not care. Because you know it's true.
this is completely backwards. the only people who don't care about being called racist are the actual racists. people who consider themselves "not racist" will do pretty much anything to appease you if you threaten to call them racist.
>>
>>92749730
Again the story is also in the Quran. It's still prophaning god and Islam if you make fun of that part.

I also don't know why you insist on casting me as a muslim. Aren't you allowed to hate me for being a smartass athiest?
>>92749778
Untrue. Racists care not about the stuff you and I would care about with regards to racism. You know, the bit about being a raging asshole. They care about the delegitimization that comes from the label 'racist'. Because at the end of the day their ideas are illegitimate, they don't hold up to scrutiny.

If I believe in what I say, and I can make the argument FOR it, then being called a racist doesn't matter. Because I can demonstrate why my ideas hold up to scrutiny, I can stand by my own convictions. Racists can't do that because their convictions can't stand for themselves.

It's obviously hard to come up with an example. But I guess a close one I can think of is I can argue why I think incest should be acceptable. That's obviously an argument few people want to hear, but I can point out that it's not the sex and genetics strictly speaking that people should care about all that much. People point to the genetic deficiencies present in children that are the result of incest, and that is a correct thing to worry about. But even in like brother/sister stuff, it's something that only comes across after multiple generations. In addition- if it IS he genetics we're concerned about, then there would be no issue with adopting a kid, who naturally isn't going to inherit defects from incest. Now what we should be SUPER gunshy about is the inequal power-dynamic inherent of incest, and naturally I think that is hard to properly vet against. But the act of incestuous sex itself is not the problem.

See that's obviously a far out their position for me to have, but I don't give a fuck if people think I'm crazy for it, because I can make an actual argument about it.
>>
>>92750093
>Aren't you allowed to hate me for being a smartass athiest?
Not him, but for a fedora tipping autist, you sure are defending this shit.
>>
>>92724572
???
Baldur's Gate always had a massive calimshan population.
Amn/Tethyr/Calimshan were one empire up until it collapsed.
While Tethyr strived hard to create its own culture (mostly because novel writers couldn't be fucked to learn the setting), Amn still very much had Calimshan culture, and that could be felt in BG, though to a lesser degree.
That's why the Calimshite slave guilds still were active around BG despite being outlawed there.
>>
>>92750114
I'm of the opinion we should ban all religions. But since I'm not allowed to do that, I make you guys have to put up with all the religions you don't like, just like I'm forced to.
>>
>>92750185
But you defend Islam vigorously. I gotta hand you ragheads credit: you do change up the Taqiyya tactics.
>>
>>92749703
>But if it can be done in the 10th century, then there's no reason to assume it can't be done again.

This is because most of the areas ruled by muslims weren't islamic majority during the golden age. Persia didn't become Muslim majority until the 11th century for example, this was the tail end of the golden age. Egypt, Turkey and Spain were all majority Christian during the entire golden age.
>>
>>92749248
most of the high islamic birthrates come from africans so that's not something that helps the arabs since they're racist lol
>>
>>92750137
Anon have you not played Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition DLC Siege of Dragonspear?
>>
>>92750294
I point out the double standard. There's a lot we can make fun of in Islam. There's also a lot we can make fun of in Christianity. And when people don't like to acknowledge that it makes me suspect that 'religious fundamentalism' isn't the thing they ACTUALLY take issue with.
>>92750817
Plenty of Islamic majority countries today aren't hyper fundamentalist. Turkey has long been a secular republic (though they have been backsliding in recent years). Indonesia is another one, they actually have the highest population out of all Muslim majority countries.

Sure, there's a LOT to discuss about religions role in middle eastern politics, but it's fallacious to assume that just because something is one way then it's the only way it can ever be.
>>
>>92690452
Literally nothing interesting to draw from. It's either the blandest, dustiest historical shit, or Disney fanfiction.

>>92698880
There is literally no fucking difference between the content on either side of that image other than one shows the big fancy cities that were the beating hubs of the empire and one shows the unimportant villages out in the middle of the jungle.

>>92704962
>hobbled together by cavemen
Mesoamericans were literally pre-Bronze Age on the sliding scale of civilizations. Outside of ornamental metals (copper, gold, silver) use for jewelry and decoration, everything they used WAS made of stones, wood, ivory and bone.

That's literally why their northern cousins were so willing to trade for European steel - they were still working with stone at the time.
>>
>>92711466
It's about as Arabian as the Aladdin cartoon series that Disney ran in the 90s.
>>
>>92729645
Apparently, some of the islands that make up Kara-tur are based on Korea? Couldn't tell you which ones. That setting was dull.

>>92737854
And in comparison, Arabian and Indian slave-owners routinely had their African male slaves castrated because they absolutely did not want them breeding in their lands. Thus ensuring that when slavery was finally ended (something spearheaded by the British and the French, no less), there was only a very tiny remnant population of blacks in those countries, largely made up of the mixed race offspring of black women and Arabian or Indead men.
>>
>>92751728
It should be pointed out that obsidian weapons were pretty advanced, an aztec machete could very easily decapitate a spaniard. That said- you did have to frequently replace the glass shards, so while they were pretty strong, metal weapons were still a direct upgrade.

I think I read somewhere though that the Huron had just managed to unlock tin smelting just prior to european contact (though europeans had been in meso-america a good while by then).
>>
>>92749333
So nobody gave a shit about these irrelevant fedoratippers and let them seethe in peace? How does that prove that muslims kill everybody that disagrees with them? Also Al Qaida is a terrorist organization that was initially supported by the US.

Also that’s fucking retarded higher learning flourished under islamic rule and most of the people doing that were muslim persians. They were the ones writing books on philosophy, physics, astrology and even arabic grammar and islamic law.
>>
>>92751774
Torturing somebody by cutting their balls off isn’t allowed in Islam so the arabs had a work around which was letting christians do it and buying these eunuchs from them instead. Only a tiny group of slaves were eunuchs anyway because they often were used as harem guards and what not. The majority of slaves were freed after some years of service or if they became muslim. The reason there are barely any descendents of slaves in the middle east is that those slaves were eventually freed and mixed with the general population. Slavery didn’t have a racial element in the middle east.
>>
>>92690452
As you can see OP it’s because many people in the RP scene are hypernationalistic retards that believe what they hear on Fox news.
>>
>>92751348
It's an interesting tactic.
>Oh sure Islam is bad...
>BUT WHAT ABOUT CHRISTIANITY
Then proceed to fill the thread about Arabia with a rant about white supremacism and late 2000s American fundamentalism. So what are you, Afghan? Pakistani? Because this rhetoric hasn't been fashionable since 2016, when the irritable geek got his dick chopped off and the internet became the domain of trannies.

>>92752956
>It's all the Christian's fault!
>>92752964
>FOX NEWS!
I thought I was on /tg/. Not mid 2010 era r/atheism. The time before Redditors got their dicks chopped off.
>>
>>92749545
>Anon makes a heartfelt post.
>>92749638
>Redditor 'disproves it.'
And they wonder why we hate reddit so much. Say what you will about anon, at least we didn't get some random guy killed.
>>
>>92753901
>things I haven't said
>>92753916
I wasn't being meanspiritied. And that wasn't a counterargument.
>>
>>92751348
>Plenty of Islamic majority countries today aren't hyper fundamentalist.

Most of them are. Look what happened to Lenanon. Mass Muslims are proven to ruin nations, because you can’t trust them all not to be zealous.
>>
>>92752920
Learning flourished under Muslim rule because the Persians weren’t Arabs and those that converted learned fast how stupid the religion was.

See >>92748472 >>92750817

Intellectualism happened in spite of Islam.
>>
Terrible thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.