[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: background.png (2.85 MB, 1920x1080)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB PNG
What's your favourite Hong Kong themed adventure? Time and setting doesn't matter
>>
File: 1675733913593615.jpg (763 KB, 1280x911)
763 KB
763 KB JPG
>>93175748
It's not exactly Hong Kong but I've always wanted to run or play a game like Black Lagoon in a Roanapur kind of setting.
>>
>>93175748
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>93175748

>hong kong themed

What does this mean? Like 1990s british ruled hong kong or modern she pingping steps on necks hong kong?

>adventure
So you want like a module/scenario response?

>captcha TXAS
>what's your favorite texas themed adventure OP
>>
>>93176199
oh I'll take any of that. That's what makes Hong Kong such an interesting setting, it has such a rich and unique history. Any adventure will do

Now someone should make another thread so you can get a good Texan adventure as I haven't played any yet xD
>>
>>93175926
Yeah that sounds awesome! The real way to do it is first you torture your players through a mindless corporate job for hours and then you let them become pirates for the authentic feeling xD
>>
>>93176226
Anything Feng Shui, I would probably do Seed of the New Flesh and run both adventures set in the Hong Kong underbelly.

Shadowrun would also work well, there's a whole game set in China you could steal adventure ideas from
>>
>>93176296
Yeah, Feng Shui. Four Bastards is a lovely adventure and it starts in Hong Kong.
>>
Kowloon dungeon crawl
>>
>>93175748
I barely remember it now but there was a Unisystem thing we did. The GM might’ve made it from whole cloth. It was dual wielding pistols and Hong Kong detective stuff. I didn’t Feng Shui but feel (with little justification) that there’s no way in hell it doesn’t hit close to that. For all I know it has junks, opium, and pirates swishing about. Were I to revisit fictional HK, it’d probably be the ‘heavenly’ Under City, the stomping grounds of Dog Brother #1. Barely any information about it, so it’s free real estate…Or what Black Lagoon anon said, for a more staunchly modern take.
>>93176234
Lol.
>>
>>93175748
Not Hong Kong, but close enough: Shanghai Bullets from Stunning Eldrich Tales for Trail of Cthulhu. It's set in 1930s Shanghai, a.k.a. the Berlin of the East, back when you had French, British, Japanese, and German intelligence running around along with tons of different gangs. Which is sort of the same vibe I get from Hong Kong a bit later in history.

>>93176199
Hell in Texas from The Things We Leave Behind for Call of Cthulhu
>>
>>93176234
The wrath of the salarymen could be a fun campaign idea
>>
>>93176848
Thank you very much kind anon, that's exactly the kind of adventure I'm looking for, I'll just replace the supernatural stuff with drugs and it's a wrap!
>>
>>93175748
Bloodsport
>>
>>93179305
It might actually be a good framework for that, as far as cthulhu scenarios go: the main plot is essentially an item chase/keepaway game. It could probably work with drugs, but if you want to de-supernatural it, I might suggest something more unique, like incriminating photos of someone, or some sort of bird statue filled with money...
>>
I'm racking my mind, but surely there were some Shadowrun adventures set in HK, right?
>>
>>93187785
I did expect this thread to be stuffed with shadowrun adventures xD
>>
>>93176226
>>93188914
>xD
>xD
You have to be 18 to be on 4chan.
>>
File: HKAT Film Festival 1.png (776 KB, 615x787)
776 KB
776 KB PNG
I haven't gotten around to tabling it yet, but OP might be interested in Hong Kong Action Theater. Super low budget 90s RPG that's clearly a product of love.
There are adventures throughout their books (at least the 1st edition ones, I've never touched the even shorter-lived BESM tri-stat 2nd edition), but they made an entire adventure book called Film Festival #1
picrel
>>
>>93175748
I wish I could find a module that plays like The Raid, except it's in Kowloon.
>>
>>93194872
Sounds like you need to make it yourself anon.
>>
>>93189292
People have been using xD on this website for the last twenty years my dude.

>>93194872
I mean The Raid/Dread are basically just dungeoncrawls with aggresive timers. I think you could do it
>>
>>93198190
Huh, a timer system. Sounds like an idea. I'll look up how those work.
>>
>>93203717
Check out Index Card RPG, not sure if they invented it but that's where I saw it first
>>
>>93207502
Thanks, I'll check it out.

>>93197048
>>93198190
Speaking of, any systems you can recommend? I hear Shadowrun is cancerous and atm Ops and Tactics feels sloggy and too rocket tag-y for a prolonged encounter like that.
>>
>>93213751
Systems to recommend for what? For running a game set in Hong Kong? If so, what kind of game are we talking about here?
If you are going for a Golden Age HK action flick theme then >>93191058 was my recommendation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.