[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Got rules. Seem cool! Painting minis. Thoughts of those who’ve played?
>>
>>93184694
I've been getting ads for this one, and it seems really interesting. What are the rules like? Would you be able to skip the core killers for the VHS Expansions if you find them more interesting?
>>
>>93184694
Buy an ad.
>>
>>93184694
What's it about, give me a pitch brother
>>
>>93185348
Chunky rules, which I prefer. Has pregen chars and killers, but rules to generate your own. Has 3 modes of play - players vs “ai” killer(s), antagonist where a player controls the killer, and there are rules for a director/GM if you want.

Not a competitive minis wargame - more of an rpg experience where you (solo or in group) take on characters in an 80s/90s horror slasher movie scenario.

The rulebook is beautiful, and the (resin) minis are decent (though my Jason pic is a print).

U can skip the core killers and do an expansion if you want for sure. Can also design your own using the core rules. All cards are in the rulebook (and you get free digital version so can print cards). Tokens are digital on their website for free, but I found some STLs for printing thicc tokens.

Excited to give this a shot.
>>
>>93185563
Interesting, sounds pretty neat. Is the aim of the game to kill the killers? or just to escape?
>>
>>93185694
You play premade scenarios “plots” or generate your own that have specific win conditions…
>>
I'm not sure I follow. So is it like a board game then?
>>
>>93187756
No, still very much a minis game. The scenario/plot mechanic is no different than what you’d find with 40ks missions etc.

One scenario, the win condition is you need to drive off the killer (not an expert but I think means deplete it of wounds and remove it from play - it will come back) at least once, have one hero survive to the last turn, and be in a specific building.

Other scenarios may require you to gather materials from around the map and complete a ritual etc.

Minis game but win conditions can vary from game to game. Not a minis wargame though.
>>
>>93189117
Are scenarios one-offs or is it aimed towards campaign play?
I'm sure you can do either, but some systems definitely lean towards one or the other.
>>
>>93190926
Yeah the core book has rules for linking scenarios and includes 3 “trilogies”

Ash at gurilla minis games has a couple videos of linked scenario gameplay
>>
>>93194009
Thanks for the details. How crunchy Vs. Easy to learn are the rules?
>>
>>93195561
Pool seems wide but not too deep. Heroes have about 7ish ability stats. You have tests against those. A couple tables for results, vehicle rules, some facing rules, characters have special abilities and equipment, everything (hero stats, items) are on cards.

It’s not baby’s first war game but it’s not advanced squad leader or even 40k
>>
>>93184694

Not really a huge fan of the resin. Cleaning up mold lines is a huge pain. They also made the figures true-scale, and I prefer heroic so they look good at tabletop distances and don't have fragile weapons. The cheerleader heightmogs the shit out of the other female characters. Wheelchair guy(lol) is a 3D print.

Some of the lore triggers my autism. EG there's 130K people in the city but only two high schools? And virgin forests just outside what was one of the original ports in the 13 colonies?

Rulebook looks really nice.

Hoping to have the heroes, a killer, and some terrain ready for Halloween this year.
>>
>>93184694
This looks really cool, thanks for the tip. I may pick this up
>>
>>93196985
>Resin miniatures in true scale
Agreed.
I bet it wouldn't be all too hard to get your hands on metal or plastic minis in heroic scale to use.
>cheerleader height mogs the shit out of the other female characters
I see nothing wrong here.
>lore
I think you have to run with slasher movie logic a bit there.
>>
File: 1280px-Bella_graffiti.jpg (225 KB, 1280x960)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>93184694

Any other good 28-32 mm horror miniatures that could be used for Don't Look Back? Especially if they still have that 80's/90's slasher vibe.
>>
>>93202320
studio miniatures does a whole range of Hollywood heroes and villains, loads of slashers and protagonists in 28mm slotta-base...mr miyagi and the karate kid could fight nosferatu
>>
How crucial is terrain to this game? Can I play whatever around the house?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.