[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bryan ansell.jpg (51 KB, 505x478)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
He just wanted to commercialize wargames and roleplaying games, driving independent games out of the hobby so his monopoly could thrive and he could make lots of money.
>>
Based. Amateurs don't belong in the market.
>>
And isn't that what we all want inside
>>
>>93184734
Same desu.
>>
>>93184734
I remember being a young boy, only eight years of age when he finally burned down my FLGS. After I was orphaned they had fed me, clothed me, even paid for my school. The kindly old man at the counter never even charged for the models, you just came in and took whatever you wanted. Bryan didn’t care. His corpus came in and butchered them, left their corpses to rot in the street, all because of his insatiable greed.

Truly, I think Mr. Ansell deserves nothing more than death.
>>
>>93184854
>Look at the strength of your hobby, the desire in your heart. I gave you this!
>>
>>93184734
When Ansell first launched warhammer, GW actively tried to kill it by refusing to stock it in their own stores even though it was literally their property because they wanted DND products they sold to sell first.

Your post is retarded. You are retarded.
>>
When Jervis Johnson asked him to consider wearing deodorant and handed him a stick, Brian spit in his face and built a tank out of it.
>>
>>93184734
I always forget how he looked like a wad of baker's dough that fell into a pile of pube clippings.
>>
>>93184734
He was also an actual lunatic, as in a paranoid, vindictive weirdo who was notoriously difficult to work with.
>>
>>93184734
Ansell kept the company rather small so he could manage it. It only blew up after he sold it.
>>
>>93185535

Yeah? Is that the reason they didn't say anything when he died?
>>
File: 1000006123.jpg (2.32 MB, 3024x4032)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>93184920
so back then Warhammer, rogue trader, etc didn't have a large range of their own minis
however they did have rulesets that allowed armies of "3rd party" minis to be fielded
"3rd party" because GW made them, but they weren't part of the Warhammer brand, they were made on licence for other games
as games like D&D and glorantha appeared in the UK, their parent companies expanded a bit too rapidly without fully understanding British copyright law, and GW lawyers noticed that there was actually nothing in the licencing contracts preventing them from reselling minis for their own games. this allowed gw to make games at basically a very low cost as they were actually being paid by other firms to make a competitor wargame
eventually the clients threatened to pull the contracts, and the lawsuits were eventually settled by allowing GW to produce minis based on the 3rd party concepts and for their clients games, but with very different pricing structures, a change of proofs (dies, moulds, etc), and changing the names (glorantha's broo because GW's own beastmen)
Warhammer eventually triumphed as wargaming was more popular in the UK than ttrpg, and gw largely dropped 3rd party ranges (although there's a few notable survivors from that business model like NLC's LoTR)
in summary, GW didn't try to throttle early Warhammer, it was just a side project/experiment in pronounced copyright Judaism that eventually became the firm's bread and butter, but at the time they paid the bills from making minis for US ttrpg games. if anything it was the Americans fault for expecting the country that once committed a drive by drug war shooting with warships to play fair in copyright law
pic unrelated, if you put dry roast peanuts into cherry pepsi max it tastes like a Bakewell tart and really gets the bowels moving
>>
>>93184854
>Mr. Ansell deserves nothing more than death.
Well, have I got some good news for you...
>>
>>93184854
I agree. Once when I was playing a historical wargame at my LGS, Mr. Ansell came in, called us all a bunch of faggots, before bending me over the table and shoving a Warhammer miniature up my ass. I'll never forgive him.
>>
>>93184734
Hahah I love how these pricks are vaunted these days for sloppanating wargaming. Awful
>>
God I hate these "He just wanted to X" threads. The joke was stale months ago but /tg/ spams and clings to dead memes harder than even fucking reddit.
>>
>>93186708
OK.
>>
>>93186708
>harder than even fucking reddit
I don't know what reddit does, so I'll defer to your superior experience in this matter. In fact, you should do everyone a favor and go gather more material on reddit.
>>
>>93186708
You are a zoomer-brained loser who can't imagine a version of the internet that holds its shape for over a month. You need to burn the meme and move on to new meme. You don't know anything else.
>>
>>93184734
He looks 15 and 29 at the same time
>>
>>93186708
Now that the dust has settled, what was your problem. Who is in the wrong here?
>>
>>93186708
I wouldn't cling to dead memes. I'd sit down and listen, and that's what no one ever did.
>>
>>93195957
kek
>>
>>93184734
What a Chad.
>>
File: Emperor of mankind .png (72 KB, 1563x270)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>93186708
>>
>>93184734
he is also directly responsible for chorfs.
chaos dwarfs were his baby.
war-hammer being renaissance german, the historicalisms peppered in the setting, that was him and the perry brothers.
suffer.
he was right and you were weak.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.