[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Tyranid_Bioship.jpg (70 KB, 778x624)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
How do YOU run Biodungeons?
Are they Massive organisms spannint huge Labrynths?
Are they biopunk terrors gone wrong?
Are they corrupted regions of the world?
Are they literally just normal creatures that the party must travel within for one reason or another?

How do you run Bioships?
Are they Grown vessels for a species with organic tech?
Are they symbiotic creatures that have formed a a bond with their "captains"?
Are they simply extremely advanced technology?

Post stories, pics and ideas! Let's talk Biodungeons and bioships.
>>
>>93190199
>>
>>93190204
>>
>>93190199
Spacewhales all the way down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALJRek80zXw
>>
>>93190199
How is this different from litfic "living dungeons that attract adventurers with loot to feed on them"?
>>
Surely the difference between a regular dungeon/ship and a biodungeon/bioship would be cosmetic only, yeah? By virtue of being a dungeon or a ship it's designed so they would be made with people moving around them in mind. Unless you're getting into the mechanics of the location, it's just a fleshy looking but otherwise normal layout place.
>>
>>93190199
Read this shit. The author usually write slop but this one was surprisingly good.
>>
>>93190199
I like the idea that a bioship looks like a contamporaing penhouse interior but the rest is all gross tantacle bug stuff
>>
File: Hivehship.png (647 KB, 1000x571)
647 KB
647 KB PNG
Always been really fond of the Wraith Hive Ship aesthetic from Stargate Atlantis
>>
>>93190204
Mystery Flesh Pit is really good.
>>
>>93190199
Huge enormous cock, urethra is the entrance. Insides of it are full of smaller dicks of various sizes that try to rape you tentacle style.
>>
boomp for interest
how has nobody mentioned Farscape yet?
>>
>>93190199
best biopunk i have ever seen was a sadly now dead /quest/.
now im sad remembering that, damn...
>>
>>93205184
Links? At least give us a rundown
>>
File: the og body horror image.jpg (607 KB, 1280x1774)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
>>93205229
yeah sure.

https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Body%20Horror%20Quest

mild spoilers teeechnically, but nothing you dont find out within like the first 1/8th of threads or such, aka, pretty early on.

>the world has been eaten by a giant horrific planet eating meatball monster thing. everyone and everything has been melted down and replaced with a horrific fleshscape full of horrific fleshmonsters. those women who had strong enough trauma to be considered manipulatible are brought back, with body horror themed powers based off their trauma. when they kill the monsters or eachother, they can absorb the other person/monsters biomass to either gain some of their accumulated abilities and/or modify their current ones.
>the whole thing is a death game trying to spawn someone strong enough to climb something every previously human participant feels an innate draw to do; climb the giant flesh tower and become the new 'mother'.

things get a bit more detailed/complicated than that as things go on, but, well spoilers.
even if the writing style or such isnt to your liking, i'd highly recommend checking out the system and some of the world building, both are fantastic to showing how you can do more indepth and malleable body horror, in my opinion.

...damn do i really miss those years.... like it or hate it, i think most can understand the feeling of a game they enjoy alot kicking the bucket...
>>
File: Daemon Mines.png (314 KB, 968x1349)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>93196980
doesn't have to be designed. can be found or retrofitted.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.