[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Was sitting and flipping through some WFRP PDFs when a stray neutrino struck and connected two neurons that haven't touched in a long time...

PLANES AND MERCS! Who remembers that saga? https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=planes%20and%20mercs

Did we ever get a workable game system out of it? Failing that, are there any good modern jet game systems out there? Is mercenary planes a genre that exists at all yet?

I'd love to get my Area88 on again, man it's been a hot second. If nothing else, modern jet fighter combat general thread?
>>
>>93192871
>are there any good modern jet game systems out there?
GURPS Vehicles
>>
>>93193763
I've been GURPS'd. Should have known.
>>
File: 1.jpg (3.17 MB, 1200x9975)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>93192871
Closest thing I've got to such a thing. I'm sorry anon.
>>
File: flight_leader.png (761 KB, 653x900)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
>>93192871
Scenario focused, but the best of the genre for modern dogfighting. Wouldn't be too hard to bolt a campaign system to.
>>
>>93195762
Bless, previously I was looking at AirWar C21
>>
>>93195791
To make a /v/ comparison, AirWar C21 is to Flight Leader as Ace Combat is to DCS World. It's a matter of what kind of feeling you want to go with desu.
>>
>>93196713
That's perfect actually. Definitely looking for an ace combat tier merc game. Thank you.
>>
>>93192871
A lot of the community around it moved to a separate phBB forum for play-by-post games, which is now defunct. The wikia for the joint campaign is still around; search for Planes & Mercs: Firestorm. Most of the homebrew rules changes were to make it more compatible with play-by-post gameplay: action declaration resulting in simultaneous resolution (which meant players had to work together to create mutually supporting fields of fire), not exactly the most "chase"-feeling kind of game, but more akin to the X-Wing boardgames.
>>
>>93192871
Vehicular combat systems are kinda jank at the best of times
>>
>>93192871
Ran a oneshot in Airwar C.21 based off that one once. All but one of the pilots were shot down and had to evade enemy forces and african gangs. Was a good time.
>>
>>93195555
Got any more of them pixels?
>>
>>93192871
Holy shit, you guys STILL haven’t finished that game yet? In the time I first heard about P&M, I went and got my pilot’s license and fly planes IRL.
>>
File: The Skies Asunder.png (4.37 MB, 1200x9975)
4.37 MB
4.37 MB PNG
>>93207184
This enough pixels?
>>
File: IMG_0856.jpg (2.4 MB, 4032x3024)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>93192871
Missile Threat has a mercenary air campaign that can be played solo or as a group.
I think the only modern jet system that has a dedicated mercenary air campaign where you play as a small group of mercs that have to fly missions to make money, and use money to buy aircraft and munitions, pay for fuel and repairs, and hire pilots. It's pretty damn deadly so don't just jump into high risk missions unless you're well tooled up from low or medium risk missions.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/245926/missile-threat
https://www.wargamevault.com/product/235017/Missile-Threat-Solo-Rules--Mercenary-Air-Campaign
>>
>>93195762
Neat. Will look into this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.