[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fuckmylife.jpg (152 KB, 480x785)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
I JUST LOST A FUCKING GENIE IN A LAMP BECAUSE I EXTRA CRIT FAILED MY FUCKING ROLL WITH A TRIPLE NAT 20 TO IDENTIFY WHEN PICKING IT UP FUCK MY LIFE
FUCK IM MAD.
>>
context?
>>
>>93193620
>Crit failed
>with a triple nat 20
I need to know more about this system, stat.
>>
>>93193852
the dark eye. Skill checks are 3d20, each roll gets compared to an attribute ( in this case Intelligence, Intelligence , Intuition) and you try to roll below your attribute. And then substract the rolls above from your Skill Rank and Determine Degrees of success depending on how many of the Skill Rank points are left over.
Double Nat 1 is a crit success, Double Nat 20 is a crit fail. Triple Nat 20 is an extra critical fail. It's a bit too complicated for my taste to play irl (especially with certain types of players) but automated in a roll20 script it's quite nice
>>93193813
that's the worst part about it, we stormed the hut of a dwarfen cult that wanted to rob a local temple. i rolled a crit success (Double Nat 1) on my perception to search the cabin and got to draw 3 random cards from a deck of "treasure cards" and i found an amulet with strange runes on it. I tried to identify what the runes might say about the item. The triple nat 20 woke up the Genie that was inside the amulet and he was PISSED. We had to run and get a priest from the Temple to Banish the fucking thing because none of us was even understanding the langauge it was shouting at us.
And it's not like finding a genie is a common fucking occurence in this setting.
In general the amount and power of magic that is available to the players is usually very limited. Among our party we have about 5 quite low powered magic items (like once per week you get +3 to Willpower saves against mind affecting effects for 5 minutes) and this would probably have been the most exceptional non-plot item we had found all campaign (running for around 18 months now) and been a well needed injection of resources. I swear those dice just fucking hate me sometimes. Just dangling that in my face just to screw me over.
>>
like honestly, in my around 10 years of playing this system i had never actually seen a triple nat 20 or triple nat 1 and of course it just fucks me up when i just hit the jackpot. Like being fucking struck by lightning after winning the lottery.
>>
can't even make this shit up
>>
>>93194106
>Roll20
Their roll generator might be broken. Since I started the current game I rolled 37 nat1 and only 6 nat20. My average is 7.3 from all the rolls and we're 13 sessions in lasting 4-5 hours each with plentiful rolls
>>
>>93194204
Pathfinder 1e btw
>>
>>93193620
You can't critically fail skill checks
>>
>>93194204
I had something similar a couple of years ago. Only 6 out of around 60 rolls were above 15 in about 4 sessions of pf 1e. It has actually become a running joke over the years that the dm is manipulating our dice rolls with an api script.
>>93194227
It's not dnd dumbass
>>
>>93194204
It uses an atmospheric seed. You should literally be yelling at the clouds.
>>
>>93193620
Have you tried n-
>>93194106
>the dark eye
Ach. Guten tag, Hans.
>>
>>93193620
Personally im pissed my dm and close friend has stopped basically interacting with me after he forced me to drop 2 paladins because "he doesnt like me playing paladin because i know how to use them efficiently and managing to stun lock combat". Im not a power gamer and even avoided heavily homebrewing when he allowed it to avoid being op, but he is basically all but cutting ties. We used to talk all the time and ever since i dropped the paladin game and i now only have a monk in a different game he dms he basically ignores me and when confronted he says "were okay i just dont have enough time to talk to you". Should i just dip or stop caring?
>>
>>93193620
crit failed picking up a lamp? what
>>
>>93197066
If your close friend stops talking to you even outside the game there's probably more behind it than min maxing paladins. Probably something else you did or other behaviours you Display in or out of the game. If you care about them don't just cut ties but go to them and tell them what's up, that you are concerened about what's happening and if there's a way to fix it together. I know talking with people about this stuff can be hard but if you are going to ooose that friendship/ group by doing nothing it might be worth a try. And i found out that most people respect it if you are accountable for your actions and are willing to work at improving your issues.
>>
>>93193620
yo
yo, you feelin it?
dat ludonarrative?
>>
>>93196405
There's a lot of room to introduce bias in between the source of the randomness and the actual output.
>>
File: file.jpg (140 KB, 1500x997)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Well I'm thoroughly entertained, AND now I actually know something about how DSA works.
Prior to this I've only ever known it as "that game the germans love"

Here's to your incredible luck, may it find its way to another person.
>>
>>93196435
The meme's language wasn't enough of a giveaway?
>>
fucking kek

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.