[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000007632.gif (2.57 MB, 211x374)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB GIF
I am going to make a new tabletop RPG that's basically just a ripoff of 5th Edition DnD but with rules tweaked to my liking and the setting being in my world that I've developed over a few years. I have never played a tabletop RPG before. I am only intending on playing this alone or with my wife because I have no friends.
Is this a good idea or not? I've been reading several rule books from different games in the past few hours and imagining making my own tickles my autism. I can passably create my own illustrations if it matters.
Have any of you done this?
>>
>>93195462
>I'm going to do what the vast majority of 5e DMs have to do to make that Godforsaken system remotely playable; is this a good idea? :o
>>
>>93195462
It's a great idea and you could sell it because a lot of people would buy it
>>
>>93195462
Is that gif real?
>>
>>93195462
I have already done that.
My name is John Pathfindersecondedition, by the way.
>>
>>93195974
Why.
Why do you always rush to shitpost like this?
You have a disease, and if you doubt me, start being a namefag and see how long before you get banned.
You are aware you are a living cancer, and that's why you spam anonymously on 4chan. You're both a cancer and a coward.
>>
ok
>>
>>93197922
>someone said bad thing about deendee 5e!
>I must protect its honour!
Tell us where the mean hacker anoneemoose was wrong when he dared say any single bad thing about D&D 5e in the only small pocket of the internet who ever says anything negative about it, then.
>>
>>93195462
Literally the only people effected are you and your wife, Anon. So go for it, you don't need our permission.

>>93195974
>>93197302
Is it even shit posting when he's right? I like playing 5e and I can admit that the system is jank and the best games are the ones where DMs get into it and use their own worlds/mechanics.
>>
>>93196557
It really is a .gif.
>>
>>93196557
I don’t care it’s a funny kitty
>>
>>93195462
Said EVERY GM of EVERY system out there. Welcome to the club.
>>
>>93195462
If you’ve never played before, I’d recommend really digging into why a rule exists before changing or removing it. Obviously, you should never feel beholden to the corporate-approved version of anything, but it’s always worth remembering the lesson of the Monopoly Free Parking houserule.
>>
>>93195462
Anon... how about trying a different system first?
See the different rules and options out there, see the way things are made, then make your own.
Also to answer your question, yes we all tried to fix dnd, and no it wasnt satisfying.
>>
>>93197922
Just fuck off this board already, you do nothing but cry about people not liking dnd. You are the cancer.
>>
>>93197922
GURPS ministers when someone somewhere insults GURPS - big autistic tangent explaining why they're wrong about the one true system
DnD defense force when somebody says DnD sucks - crying and calling for a ban
>>
>>93195462
what the hell is this real
>>
>>93197922
>start being a namefag and see how long before you get banned.
Indefinitely, because it would never happen? But if you did it you'd start eating bans left and right because you're so retarded you ALREADY do that.
>>
>>93199316
Not liking D&D is fine. Not liking any game is fine. There are many games I myself don't like.
Shitposting in every thread that mentions it, and making threads just to shitpost it? That's what's actually being criticized.
It's strange that you try to conflate the two, as if everyone that doesn't like any game must also shitpost about it at every opportunity. You're consumed by your shitposting. There's nothing left.
>>
>>93201357
They're not shitposting in the D&D general.
Any time a game gets mentioned outside of it's dedicated thread it's an open invitation to shit on it, that's the rule. D&D players are just the most likely to post outside their thread, sometimes calling D&D-specific issues "RPG" problems.
>>
>>93201709
>Any time a game gets mentioned outside of it's dedicated thread it's an open invitation to shit on it, that's the rule.
No, that's how you end up with a dead board with nothing but stagnating generals.
>>
>>93199252
>the lesson of the Monopoly Free Parking houserule.
What happens here?
>>
File: CaptaSSDRAW.jpg (32 KB, 301x317)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>93195462
Whatever you choose to do, you will always somehow manage to piss off more people than not.
captcha divination: ssdraw
Keep your Rulee As Written on an SSD so you don't lose them, Anon. And good luck with your system.
>>
>>93202059
It makes "The World's Greatest Board Game" take even longer because retards wanted to win a better prize than not having to spend money, hence the name Free Parking.
>>
>>93202222
Checked & feel good mechanic.
The best way to feel good in a game is to get better and win it more often.
I don't like people who can't go without "winning." Example, are people who hate "dead levels" in RPGs where your character gets nothing but a hit point roll and ability score increases.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.