[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Oh boy I can't wait to get back into standard after rotation this year!

>Bloomburrow releases August
>Duskmourn releases September
>Magic Foundations releases November

This is uh... a lot of standard stuff to buy in a pretty short amount of time. Are standard sets supposed to release in back-to-back months?

Well at least sets are useable for 3 years now, and Foundations is apparently going to be legal forever* or something
>>
Standard is the best format. Hopefully this will bring people into standard at the LGS
>>
>>93200450
I miss the old core set plus two block standard. That was the height of the format's popularity so I don't know why they had to muck around with it so much.
>>
>>93200481
the amount of fucking around they've done with formats since arena launched is dumb and has contributed to the dwindling non-commander playerbase
>>
File: 37dceb.jpg (114 KB, 768x1024)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>93200273
I'm really tired of this amount of Product, they are crazy if they believe people, specially new players, will come to format were you are getting new expensive cardboard every month.
>>
>>93200273
holy shit blood tokens are useless
>>
>>93204538
There's always dumb casual things to do with incidental artifact tokens.
>>
>>93201831
>they are crazy
It's corpo-think. The people making the decisions don't share the passion of the creators and consumers. Their job performance reviews revolve around "did number go up", and any strategy proposal must have "number go up" adjacency obvious to C-Suite employees shopping for their next gig and/or board members sitting on a dozen boards devoting as much effort as you expect. Corporats aren't ubermensch. They're just as dumb as the rest of us.
>>
>>93201831
>>93204798
Additionally, if the customers are milked to exhaustion on MtG alone there's no risk they start playing a second game.
Social and emotional dependence on daddy Hasbro means you can never actually vote with your wallet.
Aside from the timing, both Bloomburrow and Duskmorn appeal to me more than the last 12 months of sets.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.