[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (103 KB, 250x250)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
So I was thinking about making a new RPG for my friends and I want /tg/ to look at it before I subject them to this (I'm famous for making absolutely broken games and it is a MEME at this point in my circles)
>Bro how the fuck do I win
Wait for it
>No bro seriously how the fuck do I win?!
Wait look.
Oh fuck.
This game is broken
>[everyone laughs and jokes how broken the game is]

So the game is basically if Yu-Gi-Oh and jojo have a rape baby.
The players make up their edgy Yu-Gi-Oh human character who can summon magical beasts / yokai (think jojo stands) they also make up their own yokai.

The combat system is simple.
Every yokai has HP and an attack stat where they basically smash into one another.
After a yokai is destroyed the summoner can chose to re-summon it and here is where the main human mechanic comes into play.
After every re-summoning the player takes on more and more D6 this represents pain (and also damage in advanced stages).
Every summoner has a pain threshold and some advanced mechanics depending on class/type. This means that there are characters who can take lots of pain and it is nothing and ones who are like paper tigers who melt under the slightest pain.

This also gives some combos like
Summoner is a pussy Yokai is a extremely powerful beast.
Summoner is a absolute masochist Yokai is weak and breaks.

And also:
Summoner is a pussy Yokai is weak and breaks.
Summoner is a absolute masochist Yokai is a extremely powerful beast.

I was thinking about using unified world of darkness models of pain/psychology for some NPC enemies things that are banned for PCs because that would be insane!

Basically things banned in a PC would be the
gray walker (think Jason Voorhees and Entrapta from the new shera + Wednesday Adams mixed together) basically character is born without the ability to feel pain also very strange little emotions and will tank damage to themselves no problem.

1/2
>>
File: file.png (1.84 MB, 2048x1152)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
>>93209858

2/2

"Purple Light" basically gets sexually aroused from pain and getting their bodies destroyed this is permanent and not some game or pretend play. They are fucked up like this. Can only be evil aligned. Banned for PCs.

I think PCs can use "white walkers" (if every shonen protagonist got extra determined and exaggerated to 11) will take pain like no other also white walkers are actually more powerful if they are evil aligned. Extremely more powerful.

The rest of the PCs would be classes that are more in line with a "white walker" or getting further off.

So here is my question should I basically do more of a class based approach and think of specific classes for the summoners to pick where the damage threshold and mitigation are baked into distinct classes with yokai specified strengths?

Or do I let them more creatively pick stats in damage mitigation and buy summoner skills for points and also points in their yokai strengths or HP?

I do not want the campaign to basically turn into nonsense on my first run. What are some good advice you can give to me /tg/ ?
>>
File: file.jpg (1.54 MB, 1999x1328)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>93209869
>>93209858
Here are some example mechanics for a little bitch (actual class little bitch™)

Roll D6 for nails (a nail is basically a pain combined with damage) little bitch™ crumbles under pain so this literally never hits body damage.

HP 12
Max pain tolerance 3 nails
Nails to damage 8
Nail on 6 5 4 3 2

After the yokai is destroyed to resummon it roll 3 D6.
If you get 3 nails you effectively lost the combat your character pisses and shits itself from the pain and can not continue.

Next resummon adds +3 D6 so now you roll 6 D6. The next one will be 9D6

Very simple to understand.
>>
File: file.jpg (69 KB, 1200x600)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>93212237
Next class "gray walker" (banned for PCs)

HP 15
Max pain tolerance INFINITE
Nails to damage 10
Nail on 6 5 4

Yokai re-summon cost +2 D6

Now if there are 10 or more nails then the additional nails take out HP.
And every hit on HP breaks something in the body. -1HP can be a simple muscle strain and -5HP can be a broken arm.

For this character who has 15 HP getting -14 basically means that every bone in the body is broken and the character can barely move.
>>
File: file.jpg (13 KB, 300x225)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>93212301
Next class "white walker" (simplified version without advanced mechanics)

HP 8
Max pain tolerance 13 Nails
Nails to damage 8
Nail on 6 5 4 3

Yokai re-summon cost +4 D6.

Like before the when the damage threshold is reached it goes directly to HP damaging the body. The only difference is that if 13 nails are rolled then the character can no longer function and collapses from pain while also getting damage to his body.

You notice that the giving up form pain is improbable however can happen.
>>
>>93209858
>paper tigers
you mean glass cannon. a paper tiger is something that looks scary but is harmless and frail, where a glass cannon is something powerful but fragile or alternatively something powerful that self destructs.
>>
>>93212426
>you mean glass cannon. a paper tiger is something that looks scary but is harmless and frai
Hmmmm I see your point. However see: >>93212237

The class name is little bitch™
> where a glass cannon is something powerful but fragile
Here is the thing they literally for 98% of the time are not! Little bitch™ talk a lot of shit however once it is time to re-summon their yokai they crumble under the pain and literally cry and break down emotionally.
They are not a threat.
They are trash talking garbage.
Since re-summoning is a incredibly big part of the game. The most important part.
>>
>>93212476
>They are not a threat. They are trash talking garbage.
in that case they are neither glass cannon nor paper tiger, just trash.

It is rather hard to judge the game from just what you say of it and a few out of context profiles. TTRPGs are not really my thing, so i wont be much help regardless, but if another anon wanted to, i am not sure he would be able to with such limited information.
>>
>>93209858
>>93209869
>>93212237
>>93212301
>>93212373
this is dumb and you are a weeb. buy deodorant
>>
File: file.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>93212536
>nor paper tiger, just trash.
Hmmm.
Lots of it is based on Yu-Gi-Oh battle city characters.
Think the Yami Marik VS Joey battle.
> nor paper tiger,
They use to trash talk a lot before breaking. Mai Valentine is of the little bitch™ class. Notice how she is outclassed in the end game.

However most little bitches are NPCs who only exist to be taken down by the PCs.

>, i am not sure he would be able to with such limited information.
What info do you need?
>>
File: 002-1.jpg (721 KB, 760x1200)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
I aint crunching the numbers on that shit i only woke up an hour ago. One question though. I only take damage if my stand dies right? So why shouldnt i make an invincible stand and just win every fight without heing hurt at all?
>>
File: file.jpg (157 KB, 1800x900)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>93214155
>I only take damage if my stand dies right?
NO. The Yokai are not like stands.
You summon one and this requires power and skill to begin with.
It fights.
Then it shatters(basically death).
To resummon it it becomes more and more pain and strength.

>So why shouldnt i make an invincible stand
Because these are not stands and jojo stands are retarded.

>So why shouldnt i make an invincible stand
Because it is closer to hunter x hunter nen basically it is impossible to make a indestructible yokai.

Yokai are not jojo they do not manipulate time or make logic flow in reverse or any of that shit. They are basically yu-gi-oh monsters who hit one another, monsters with a limited HP and limited attack value.

Also you can not simply make a yokai this requires skill and has some very complex rules your question is on the level like asking.

>So yea computers
>Why don't I simply make a computer who runs at infinite speed has infinite ram and has infinitely perfect graphics?

The most advanced skills for yokai are [RARE to ULTRA RARE]
>Toxins, attacks poison the target and remove extra HP
>Yokai if killed explodes dealing shit loads of damage to the opponent
>Special attack is basically kamikaze and kills the yokai while inflicting massive (YET LIMITED DAMAGE) on the opponent.
>Gets stronger when re-summoned HP or Attack or both

This is it. You can at best chose one of these traits to get. However these ultra rare abilities will be reserved for boss monsters and epic fights while the PCs get literally a monster who has (limited) HP and attack and this is it.
>>
File: file.jpg (232 KB, 2000x1000)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>93214155
>>93215854
>I only take damage if my stand dies right?
TO clarify shattering (killing) the yokai does literally ZERO damage to your body.

It only makes it more difficult to resummon it. And you get damage from resummoning or trying to resummon a yokai. However most characters can not handle the pain and lose fights this way.
>>
>>93215869
Okay let me rephrase then. Why do i need more than 1 life point if i have obelisk on the field? If my monster cannot be destroyed i will never need to resummon it. You said i get to distribute my points as i see fit right?
>all guy no mon, mon gets farmed and guy dies
>balance, trades equally
>all mon no guy, farms weak and mid mons
>>
>>93217680
>my monster cannot be destroyed
Do you have some mental disorder?
I explained to you that indestructible monsters can not exist.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.