[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Okay, so I'm a 3.5/PF1e boyo, and I've been avoiding 5e like the fucking plague, but recently I received a Player's Handbook as a gift and got to flip through it. This led me to the realization that 5e, while visibly watered down, isn't complete dogshit (at least mechanics-wise). But since I'm not planning to give the Rodents of the Riverside any more money, I'm currently looking for interesting third party material to incorporate into a potential campaign. Grimdark/EdgeLordy setting recommendations would be much appreciated. I'm also looking for races, classes, and subclassess with a little more meat on their bones. Broken shit welcome, but not obligatory, fluff takes priority. Psions, Infernalists, Occultists, Dark Rituals, Gore-themed spells, Lovecraft-inspired stuff, Reavers, Slavers, Drugs and Poisons, Politically Incorrect Stuff, Detailed Dismemberment Tables, Sex and Prostitution... basically anything that would make the setting/system OW THE EDGE. Help a guy out.
>>
>>93210327
Free League's Lord of the Rings 5e
>>
>>93210327
Go back to your containment thread, tranny.
>isn't complete dogshit (at least mechanics-wise
Try actually playing before making retarded claims.
>>
>>93210327
If you want something dark, run the new Ravenloft. I genuinely think it's the best-written adventure that has ever been officially published for D&D. Just go download it. It's thoughtful, atmospheric, does a good job of looping in all the minor mechanics that players always think "it'd be cool if my character could X" and then X never comes up.

>>93216378
I'm so fucking bored of the people who never stop whining about D&D on here. I get it, I get it: you're such a fucking rebel. You must be the coolest kid around who plays make-believe with his friends.
>>
>>93210327
> This led me to the realization that 5e, while visibly watered down, isn't complete dogshit
Oh, really? You figured it out while trying to make a balanced encounter? Or determinating how much money anything besides starting items cost in this world? Maybe you've enjoyed 6 types of actions?
>>
>>93216556
they cost what would be reasonable, not rocket science.
>>
>>93210327
>while visibly watered down, isn't complete dogshit
Watered down dogshit is less dogshit, that's true
>>
>>93222458
That’s false, it’s still the same amount of dogshit, just with added water.
>>93210327
You may have chronic retardation, but if you really have to subject your table to this then at least give them access to kibblestasty’s Psion and Artificer. Psion actually has some mechanics that remotely resemble fun, and artificer has an edgy sawbones/bodymod subclass for the freaks that want to do impromptu surgery on their tentacle hands. Both classes have far meatier build potential than anything official outside of wizards.
Just make sure you realise that once the brainworms take root, your players will likely never want to play anything else. You have been warned.
>>
>pls OP add Psionics and Ebberonss

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.