[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: D&D art 6e.jpg (81 KB, 1217x701)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>
Shitposters aren't even making posts anymore.
>>
>Explicit
More like AI lmao
>>
>>93282929
Would, next question
>>
File: Lame and gay.jpg (67 KB, 579x794)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>93282929
>>
>>93282929
I expect by 7th edition we're going to be looking at something like the infographics show or a grubhub ad.
>>
File: diversity chart.png (732 KB, 1067x600)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
>>93282929
I don't think they used the exact same chart Blizzard does, but I guarantee that all big companies use a similar one.
>>
>>93283286
You are dangerously deranged. Did you not hear about how every professional and major corporation was calling Blizzard a pack of absolute morons for this?
>>
>>93283333
Was that before or after Blizard made a fuck pile of money?
>>
>>93283335
After. Blizzard has lost so much money since the ignoble death of Overwatch 1 and fart in the wind that is Overwatch 2 that I hear they're teaching about it as avoidable self-sabotage in universities.
>>
>>93283333
Yeah, of course they're going to SAY that.
No company wants the bad PR of looking at something deeply unpopular and saying "yep, that's based and we all do it".
Blizzard are a pack of absolute morons for exposing their sociopathic approach to diversity, but if you think other companies aren't trying to minmax this shit when there's Blackrock ESG money on the line, you're retarded.
>>
>>93283374
The whole thing does have a certain "Springtime for Hitler" vibe to it.
>>
>>93283286
I still don’t understand it. Is it supposed to measure how diverse a single character’s (example) race is? Like being black makes you more diverse than white? What is the goal of this?
>>
>>93283565
>Overwatch was having trouble
>What a sad sad story...
>>
>>93283641
>What is the goal of this?
From the point of view of Blizzard, it's to get Blackrock ESG money.
From the point of view of Blackrock, white genocide.
>>
>>93283641
Yes, blizzard was literally trying to create a retarded "diversity" quotia to "prove" how "diverse" their characters were. Of course, the actual "diversity scores" were never meant to be seen by the public for obvious reasons but a slide deck for an internal presentation got leaked
>>
>>93283641
appealing to americans
to figure out how it is related ask bing what is american culture centered around
>>
>>93282929
They look pretty like pretty much how you'd expect people equipping the few magic items they've found to look like. But at least they can dye their gear so it fits a color theme, if nothing else.
>>
>>93282929
You guys talking about how she(?)'s kinda chunky? Nothing weird about tha- oh wait, she's an elf. Yeah, that's kinda weird.
>>
File: 00168-2118024960.png (922 KB, 704x1000)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
should have used ai
>>
>>93282929
Based on what i have seen so far, it seems there is no direction, the anachronism has been dialed all the way up, theme is all over the place(5e had similar issue in its art, but not as strong), and there is no unifying art style.
This feels like a rushed hack.

>>93283757
I can ignore the weird hands and the fucky details but what the fuck is wrong with her face? I thought that was AI's forte?
>>
>>93282929
AI Slop and almost trying to encourage extreme oddball characters for reddit thread fodder. It's dialed up to an 11 so we talk about stupid gimmick characters like- idk
>Bruz'wayn the Orc who makes a grappling hook and utility belt to fight crime.
>>
>>93283641
Hot new caste system just dropped
>>
>>93283781
>what the fuck is wrong with her face?
maybe the AI took "porcelain skin" too literally
>>
File: 1589915430901.png (710 KB, 526x949)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>93282929
>wotc art direction
>>
>>93283333
>Did you not hear about how every professional and major corporation was calling Blizzard a pack of absolute morons for this?
>that I hear they're teaching about it as avoidable self-sabotage in universities.
No, never heard of that. Do you have any source on that other than "trust me bro"?
>>
>>93283333
Citation needed, because what I saw was a bunch of companies praising Blizzard for this absolute retardation.
>>
>>93283641
The goal is to make investors happy, while also not alienating audiences too much.
Notice how none of the characters have maxed-out diversity. This is because audiences don't actually want to see a fat, black, autistic, elderly, nonbinary lesbian from a third-world country with all 4 limbs amputated.
>>
>>93283843
Heh.
I like this fat lady, and I also like Kinnan, I think they're both good art. But the language they use in the brief here (and for Kinnan) really shows you how there's no artistic vision coming down from the top, there is no 'explicit art direction'.
MAKE IT LIKE SO COOL LIKE WAHOO LIKE AN UTTER BADASS YA KNOW?
>>
>>93282929
>Art direction
I just remember during the MTG Forgotten Realms set the director said they wanted diverse body types for women and all men either need to be "diverse or gay and kissable "
>>
>>93283843
Oh hey Pyromage Rosanne
>>
>>93283843
Reminds me of the original author for Wonder Woman and the extreme detail he would put into describing how he wanted her to be tied/chained up, saying that drawing the chains in any way but how he described would ruin the story.
>>
>>93283843
That shitty AI in Opera GX generated this with the first simple prompt I fed it.
>>
>>93284014
And it looks like complete ass.
What is your point?
>>
>>93284041
It looks like ass because its AI, but the actual direction of the art (while generic) looks miles better than the "direction" WoTC provided
>>
>>93284047
>It looks like ass because its AI
Technically it looks like ass because it's unrefined AI.
>>
>>93283843
I actually love this one. Even though the prompt is so meaningless, the art is actually well-made.
>>
>>93284047
It's not a fat chick which is the only point it has in it's favour.
Just say you don't like the kind of people it depicts and stop using words like art-direction.
I know I hate seeing fat pigs, ugly people and nogs taking up every character spot but I'll just say how it is.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.