[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous thread
>none lol

Post about card games you're playing and help other anons get to know your games!
Here is a thread to discuss card games not in the following list

>Magic: the Gathering
>Pokemon
>Yu-Gi-Oh!

Resources for a few games
>Ashes Reborn
https://pastebin.com/2jr0EG9S
>Build Divide
https://pastebin.com/1cQT2pkz
>DB GT SD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pj_0YeUXI5g4XyKwbAXJuZCGt3qWJwyp
>DB Fusion World
https://www.dbs-cardgame.com/fw/pdf/rules/fw_OfficialRule_Manual_en_v1.00_2.pdf
>FaB
https://rentry.org/oypcs
>FoW
https://pastebin.com/aGEBEKeF
>Gate Ruler
https://pastebin.com/nbcZP0nB
>Netrunner
https://pastebin.com/g3yQAQ7w
>Wixoss
https://pastebin.com/LC8SpttH
>Various Japanese CCGs no translation (moonrunes)
http://card.g1.xrea.com/tcg/catalog.html
>>
File: luZVVFI_png.jpg (509 KB, 947x542)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
What the fuck when did this get announced? Google is laughing at me for reading icv2 for updates with 2 month old chatter
>>
File: 1000014709.jpg (119 KB, 500x680)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
This will go well
>>
>>93371123
>NA General
huh?
>>
>>93371206
Its a gag because /fgoalter/ is an NA general as opposed to the main general about JPN.
>>93371165
It could be interesting but without a rulebook its just pretty pictures for now. Will probably be meandering thematic 7/10 like most licensed stuff
>>
I won't be winning this CF Blaze, where the hell is the NF Hero card james story studios
>>
>>93371123
what are you actually trying to create here OP?
this seems like it's just all the same games that are in /acg/. if you want to split a thread because it's too big, there needs to be some kind of actual division.
>>
File: newFile-3_jpg.jpg (830 KB, 1200x1200)
830 KB
830 KB JPG
>>93371408
There has been a schism. I've made a general with exactly the games I don't wish to discuss in this thread. I'm sick of waking up to half the thread nuked. Post about card games or gtfo.
>>
No.
>>
File: mr potatohead.jpg (54 KB, 358x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Fat Ugly Bastard edition?
>>
>>93371333
I want that mat. I love that whore.
>>
File: sanguine.jpg (1.64 MB, 976x1386)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>93371473
Yes sir
>>93371479
I already got the last skirmish mat, my wife Dorinthea. Wish I had a Twinning Blade mat.
>>
>>93371449
no netrunner = no bueno
I'll catch you after this folds up and you come crawling back to the fabshitter general
>>
File: yE2k2G.gif (1.59 MB, 480x270)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB GIF
>>93371520
My Brother in Christ (N)etrunner is right after (G)ate Ruler and before (W)ixoss. I alphabetized the list of games resources.
>>
Ya'll niggas are posting in a troll thread. No one asked for this. Ergo no one is being forced to use it.
>>
>>93372329
That's an ogre, not a troll...
>>
File: chadyes.png (243 KB, 680x709)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>93372329
>>
File: latest(1).jpg (370 KB, 426x600)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
After playing a number of games (Earthborne Rangers, Pathfinder, Arkham, LOTR lcg) I can safely say its not the games fault, its my friend group. Any game without strict roleplaying rules must instantly become waac shenanigans pushing the limit on whats even fun to play. Is there any game that forces a strict narrative bend onto the players?

>>93372440
No, this is an ogre.
>>
>>93371333
How good is Nuu on Blitz? This is the first skirmish I'll be playing and since I'm new to the game Nuu is pretty much the only hero I focused early on.
>>
>>93372541
Anecdotal but Talishar puts her up on any opponent sans the warriors, Enigma, and Riptide. I would say she is probably going to be the most inconsistent especially with the shorter game overall. I guess you'll have to play it by ear and hope you get some good matchups, its not an outright loss if you get an awkward pairing but I would say in my estimation she's the most reliant on the opponent of the three Part the Mistveil heroes. Never seen her win an armory locally.
>>
>lmao fab discussion is welcomed here but not THERE (/acg/)
You're all in store for the biggest rugpull. The rogue OP wants you to leave his precious general alone.
>>
>>93372993
This thread is for games you play. Sorry Transformers The Card Game didn't pan out
>>
>>93372600
>Never seen her win an armory locally.
At least she'll stick for a long time I guess. Not really a fan of how many points she racked in CC thanks to her being the counter to the dumb Baldie with inbuilt tutors.
>>
>>93373321
The longevity of some of my decks in Blitz (Dorinthea, Katsu, Bravo) have been an absolute pleasure. I'm excited for Katsu to inevitably get a 2.0 so I can continue with 95% of the same cards for a couple years. At least until LSS gets their hand on the wheel to begin churning some of the massive character selection of their forgotten child with more points balances.
>>
>mistborn thread is just another dominion clone?
Into the /bgg/ it goes goes!
>>
>>93373399
I promise you there will be 0 copies bought and played, its a shelf piece for people into Sanderson.
>>
File: GSzotELaUAAGGyQ.jpg (271 KB, 1260x945)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>collectors week
>updated print runs and fluff pieces about cards
>no updates for another week
Nice game
>>
>>93373218
transformers was great, what are you talking about?
best use of a leader flip mechanic we've seen in any game to date.
>>
File: 1695268227386536.gif (2.58 MB, 640x434)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB GIF
>>93374001
Sorry it was the first dead game I dont play I could think of
>>
File: shopping.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
Anyone know if this will be worth it to play on its own? Never played SV or SVE
>>
>>93375625.
>Gloryfinder
Sounds like gay bathroom sex for Pathfinder.
>>
File: shopping(1).jpg (104 KB, 1024x512)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>93375630
I'm not having gay sex mom its a card game
>>
Why not call it Alternative card game alternative general
>>
>>93376466
alternative to the alternative card game general.
I still say if you're going to split there should be some kind of rhyme or reason to it though. this is just nonsense.
>>
>>93376466
Soon it will be the Altered general where we play card games that have people playing dice games on them
>>
File: tellthemihatethem.gif (42 KB, 220x165)
42 KB
42 KB GIF
>>93377633
That phygital phaggotry should definitely go in the other thread.
>>
File: cash-pay-day.gif (64 KB, 220x165)
64 KB
64 KB GIF
>>93377831
Well I'm not spending my money on it. More games should have a simulator so I can play an obsessive amount before ever buying a single card.
>>
>>93377575
I'm so so sorry to the 15h bumpfag losing a troll thread spot or the 9 warhammer and AI slop generals having to fight for front page status. There is room and there are plenty of people in /acg/ proper who would rather we not talk about "every" alt card game under the sun with a hidden excluded list and the same argument every thread. Tell them to fix their shit first.
>>
>>93377575
One guy had a meltdown because he's a redcap. Why are you all following this loser? This thread is I'll conceived and designed as a containment thread for things that guy hates. Bait and switch hasn't happened yet, but it is coming.

Fab players, if you post here the troll wins.
>>
>>93371520
ay, fellow netrunner fren.

Still a damn good game, possibly the best, definitely most unique
>>
>>93379117
wait I thought this was a fab general
>>
>>93379193
I'll tell you something anon
every acg that goes by makes me miss anrg a little more. one of the best crews tg has ever had.
>>
>>93379213
It's not. They've Been wanting us out of /acg/ for years. What do you think were don't here? Being persuaded to post outside of /acg/.
>>
File: motivation.jpg (47 KB, 300x418)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>93379226
I keep meaning to revive /anrg/...

same as I keep meaning to revive the local scene instead of just going to the weekly 1 city away.
At least I'm in one of the areas that's doing their own regionals, so I'll go to that.
Big up on NSG OP to see that two groups wanting it showed there was appetite for it, I guess

Got to say though, as much as it's not what it was, it's also keeping on in a decent way, and if I want to proxy shit and try it out, it's easy, and that I do love
>>
>>93371333
>>93371165
How the fuck do these card games get started? Like is it just buying a printer somewhere and going wild?
>>
>>93379571
in most cases developers do not print their own shit, at least until they get very large. they just hire out to a big industrial print shop who is already set up with the dies to cut cards (and in some cases will also do the packaging, although that's not universal).
that's true whether the actual development is two dudes in a garage operating on a loan from one of their fathers in law, or a team of ten operating out of a shitty office making a game for an IP that asmo or bandai licensed. but ultimately launching a game, at least on a small scale, isn't that expensive. so yeah you get a lot of speculative startup operations, or big companies just throwing some money at something to see if it sticks.

been that way forever. it's been about 3 decades since magic, and in that time well over a thousand TCGs launch. a percentage never get traction with stores at all or expand beyond the devs friends of friends. a lot never get past the first set. some of them find a little success but never extend beyond being a regional phenomenon. plenty of them have a promising start but die after a couple years.
>>
>>93379571
Flesh and Blood weekly events had a downturn in prize support to more widely support lower level competitive and social events beyond the "friday night magic" equivalent.

Mistborn is a board game as another kind anon pointed out. Cardboard is cheap
>>
File: charmy_vs_paco.webm (463 KB, 800x450)
463 KB
463 KB WEBM
The next few Jojo Weiss Schwarz decks or collector packs are coming out for parts 3 and 6. Part 9 never

>>93379117
No one is forcing you to post here btw ergo you dont have to.
>>
>>93371123
WoW TCG was so good bros. There's never been a game with as quality of an asymmetric 3v1.
>>
>>93379236
>They
It's just one schizo, unless you meant "they" as in a single troon.
>>
>>93380260
I had a few decks back in the day but when my grandma died the cards just wound up missing. I could use a return to it, Ill have to look up a tts mod for it or some sim
>>
File: wow hellisa art.jpg (190 KB, 1276x999)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>93380260
it was really fun, but good news you can still play it. some people have maintained archives for easy print n play, and there's even a crew who has continued to develop new sets, raids and dungeons. it's pretty sweet.
>>
>>93380545
I hit my head really hard and now I want to write up a card game for diablo. Only issue is that its co op in my head
>>
File: Ony.jpg (164 KB, 640x564)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>93380260
No other TCG has compared for me. It was just so good. I did bounce after the WotLK sets, so I wasn't there for Cata. It looks like it got crazy when Upper Deck lost the game to Fantasy Flight, so I have no experience with the FF version of it. But playing the print out demo before the game fully release felt like I was actually having a 1v1 duel in WoW which was great.

Raiding was fun. I should put together some decks and just run this like a board game with one player being the raid boss. I know there was a fan set created called Reborn, but outside of just thumbing through the cards I didn't do much with it.
>>
Oh hey! Someone actually did the /acg2/, /acgalter/ idea and ran with it! Great!
Maybe now we can actually talk about games and not have the schizo janny nuke half the thread.
>>
Anyone here picked up GA recently? How was the experience for you as a new player?
I tried it a while ago and hated the resource system. Do new players have the same difficulties I did?
>>
>>93381575
He will catch on and cross over here too sooner or later. Better enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>93381653
I actually recently saw a guy buy out my nearby LGS and then dump all the cards in a trash bin outside, I hope he pulled one good thing at least. It was the pink box, mustve been on sale. Other than that I havent seen much traction since the original starter set but thats most acgs here.
Meanwhile Im still waiting on keyforge from 3 years ago to go on a deep discount so I can snag it
>>
>>93381653
I played it on its first release then came back to it during its fourth set.

The starter decks aren't exactly a great play experience because they're mostly over costed and unsynced cards from a very limited card pool. It's like how MtG starters are mostly do nothing 2-3 drops a bunch of relatively useless 4-5 drops and a big splashy 6 drop foil.

Now that we're four sets in the game feels much better to play because a greater card pool means more cards to streamline a deck with. I can play out 2-3 cards on turn 1 and do it again turn 2. I can spend turn 3 materializing and redrawing then still play 2 things turn 4. Game is usually over by turn 6 because someone won or control established it's engine/lock. It's always going to be a bit front loaded though since the cards in hand are also resources, but gone are the days of paying 5 for a 3/3.
>>
>>93380945
Seems like it would be better suited as a board game. Funny you bring it up, though - I bought D2 Resurrected last week, and I've been absolutely hooked all over again.
>>
>>93382730
I just read through the transcript of the noah caldwell gervais video retrospective on the series and it had my interest piqued in the series again. D2R looks great but I haven't bought a blizzard product since overwatch. D3 burnt me a little too bad to go back.
>>
>>93380945
Co-op Diablo could work actually. I'd probably do the player characters around fighting game ideas. pitch resources, small deck that reshuffles when it's empty. that kinda simulates an ability suite with cool downs. and then do the bosses in the style of a wow raid or ashes chimera, where there's a big baddie you're chipping away at but have to keep dealing with all these waves of little shits that come out.
>>
>>93382306
But does that make the resource system fun though? Granted I have very limited experience, but that first impression was so bad I'm surprised the game seems to be gaining traction. What is a good starting point for the game? Is there a good TD or duel decks I can buy? Also, that QR code rulebook was pathetic.
>>
>>93383707
There is a "comprehensive rules" manual online that you can find on their website, it reads just as autisticly as any other TCG rules manual. I don't scan QR codes so I can't comment on beginner rules QR stuff.

As for the resources system, I personally think it's good. MtG was horrible for its land issues, not only were lands 70% of a deck's price it almost always sucked to draw one after you'd gotten 5 of them but there was no garuntee you'd even get 1. FaB also sucked, same number of cards every turn regardless of the flow of the game. Hearthstone's mana crystal system was okay but a bit bland and uncustomizable. Ultimately, GA only has resource issues if you play poorly (trying to rush level 3 without actually interacting) or if a deck is built poorly (cards cost too much or there are too many advanced element cards in a deck and the champ isn't lvl 3 yet).
>>
Just make a FaB general already lmao
>>
>>93384372
Haven't you heard? /acg/ is the fab general now. Here is where actual game discussion isn't deleted.
>>
Games where the Trinity doesn't exist? And do you think they are better or worse for it?
I'll start. I don't think Wixoss really has one. Took some getting used to but I eventually just accepted it's a different kind of game. Doesn't scratch my control itch though.
>>
>>93385088
If that's true why are you also saying this is also the fab thread?
>>93379213
>>
>>93385171
FAB doesn't really have the triangle, just the tempo - value axis, and even that tends to have cards that are both.

The old dbz score/Panini ccg also didn't follow it very closely, but then it was pretty close in gameplay to fab, too.

In anything with limited ally summons and lots of inherent card draw, the triangle breaks down, is the conclusion I'm coming to.
>>
>>93385306
No idea who the fuck you are referring to. I came here to get away from the schizo janny. Go look at the other thread, /acgalter/ is so fabgots can go shit up /acg/ to their heart's desire.
>>
File: pirate_closeup.jpg (132 KB, 641x833)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>93385171
Pirates CSG!

>>93385555
Post a card game faggot
>>
>>93385318
>lots of inherent card draw, the triangle breaks down
Yeah that's what I feel as well. Does that impact your enjoyment of the game though? in terms of variety and what not? I'm really enjoying the games I play now but I sometimes miss having decks that can go to turn >20 and decks that end games within 4 turns being able to co-exist in the same game.
>>
File: pipkin2.png (1 MB, 750x1050)
1 MB
1 MB PNG
>>93385575
>>
>>93385618
Wow I will now buy your card game, but only if you post another cute girl from it. Speaking of cute girls, that Azalea deck comes out soon and I'm questioning if Aim is even worth it in blitz, or should I stick with my line as is right now?
>>
File: ashes cards new.jpg (895 KB, 600x1248)
895 KB
895 KB JPG
>>93385171
>>93385318
the tempo vs value / aggro vs control thing is more fundamental. you get that in every game to an extent. in any matchup, one deck wants to fuck shit up as fast as possible, and the other benefits from dragging things out. the "combo" part of the triangle I think of more as just "non interactive win condition". that can be comboing out, but it can also just be going for fast burn, or grindy burn or mill, or some other bullshit that the other player cant fight directly and only race against. not all games have that kind of thing. FAB I agree is more one axis. attacking is how you win, and attacks are always pushing against eachother.

>>93385577
>sometimes miss having decks that can go to turn >20 and decks that end games within 4 turns being able to co-exist in the same game
you can give ashes a try if you want a cleaner version of that. it's about as different from FAB as two games can be so no real competition there. you get a good mix of vastly different deck styles with different win conditions all butting heads.
>>
>>93386322
>>93385577
To piggyback, Ashes is great, but really hard. Skill floor (i.e. how well you need to know the game to feel like you're doing anything) is probably the highest of any game I've played, and skill ceiling (i.e. how much of an advantage experience brings) is similarly near the top of the heap.

Great game, but you gotta go into it expecting near-zero existing player base and a steep learning curve.
>>
>>93386528
definitely true. although I feel like FAB is in a similar spot (hard to learn, hard to master, you're gonna get stomped your first 3 dozen games). so same kind of players are likely to take to it.
the positive is that's part of what makes the deckbuilding so good and varied.
>>
>>93385618
Imagine the smell
>>
>>93385575
>Pirates CSG!
That is a "miniature" game. A cool one, but still a miniature game. Yes it came in booster packs the size of a card game but it is a minis game.
>>
>>93387593
nah
>>
File: 1000014775.jpg (140 KB, 894x798)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>93387593
Then by your definition, picrel is a ccg
>>
>>93389080
Meant for
>>93388503
>>
>>93387593
>>93389080
are heroclix punched out of a piece of card included in a pack? I don't think so
>>
>>93371123
If you want to split the thread, it should be "middle three" (OP, Lorcana, F&B) and "all others", not whatever sort of arbitrary, opaque split this is trying to create
>>
>>93390001
lorcana's got its own general, they don't need to associate with the dregs
>>
>>93390328
It gets fewer than 100 posts/week, I think it could roll in easily enough.

Call it /flog/
>>
File: neopet_fire_starter.png (1.87 MB, 1051x1800)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
Anyone else playing the new Neopet TCG? I have some issues with it (Potions seems way to weak and it's easy for the rounds to drag in between pets), but it plays different enough that I really enjoy it. Can't ever see it being taken serious as a competitive game, which is why I think this would have made a better board game or LCG.
>>
>>93390001
Its not an opaque split no matter how many times you post this. I have exactly the games you shouldnt talk about in the OP. Go bitch at the other thread or Take it up with moot
>>93390624
Its not even taken seriously enough to be at any of the LGSs in my city. That being said I have some nostalgia for neopets, but I also don't know if its enough to bother searching for a starter. I'll probably try as soon as someone uploads enough for a tts demo
>>
>>93390382
Pathfinder general often dies without a bump limit when they choose to ignore the all timer /acg/ pathfinder card game. Should they roll their thread into d&d as well? How about todd, the 5.5e bitching threads, osr, 5eg, and 3.5eg? Where is the line drawn for you? How about posting a card game instead of your vague bitching
>>
>>93391449
I mean this thread is the same as the other one.
The only difference is that the trolls are not reporting posts, etc.

If the issue with the other one was FaB taking up half of the thread and then being deleted then It should be wiser to just make a FaB thread.
>>
>>93391493
>The only difference is that the trolls are not reporting posts
Then you know why this gen exists.
>If the issue with the other one was FaB taking up half of the thread and then being deleted then It should be wiser to just make a FaB thread.
Tell that to the fabgots. Or have you not been in /acg/ much?
>>
>>93391996
Then stop being a mouth-breather and remove FaB from op. That is why this thread is retarded.
Just make a FaB thread so we can remove it from acg.
>>
File: pic75201.jpg (21 KB, 246x285)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Shut up faggots post a card game. The limited vocab trolls head is spinning because he can only troll one thread at once. Meanwhile this week my hyperfixation is on the kinnikuman nisei card game. I will find out as much as I can about this game to get in the mood to watch Perfect Origin Arc
>>
File: canadianman.jpg (299 KB, 540x760)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
Evil and useless character
>>
>>93392033
Lmao, what an obsessed schizo
>>
>One thread has an unironic mtg shill shitposting
>The other has the fabschizo whining about fab again
Ah, yes. The true /acg/ experience.
>>
File: WXDi-P14-007U.jpg (147 KB, 750x1047)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>93392033
Because fab isn't the problem. Fabgots and that fabgot janny is.
>Card games
What p14 lrigs will be meta?
>>
if i were to suggest something for fab it would be that the onboarding products had a trivial size deck, like 10 cards, so people can understand pitch tracking better
>>
>Fabgots are a problem
>Lets make a new thread to avoid it
>keep everything almost the same
>doesn't exclude fab
>keep worthless conversation ane baits (worse than in schizo times acg)
That is how we know this is a troll thread and the objective failed because you trolls are also being retarded on acg
>>
File: 1000014792.jpg (135 KB, 640x853)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
Why did they kill it? This game had so much SOVL and oozed theme. It was a better FaB.

I miss it, bros.
>>
>>93393127
What's better about it? Never played this game. When was it last supported?
>>
>>93393187
>When was it last supported?
>>
>>93393127
Score era died. Panini era was killed by bandai (so they could make the super game without competition)
>>
>>93393098
>>Fabgots are a problem
>>Lets make a new thread to avoid it
No anon, (you) are the problem and you keep doing the same shit here.
>>
>>93393187
>better
The deck-as-life and powering up mechanics are more fun (imo) than Fab's equipment and set starting life. You don't start at top power and move down, it's more give-and-take, and you're trying to power up while keeping the other guy from powering up first.

It was killed to make room for DBZ Super which was then replaced by Fusion World, in an inexplicable downward trend of game quality. There are some fan cards still coming out, but it's been a few years since the last official support (Jan 2017 is what wiki says). And afaik there's no online client.
>>
>fabgots casually write a few posts of dicsussion per day, keeping to themselves
>fabschizo derails threads every day talking to himself about how terrible fabgots are and how they are not welcome
For what purpose?
>>
File: WHORE.jpg (154 KB, 2316x904)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
Post Zen bans that filthy whore seems to be taking over.
>>
File: Top8.png (424 KB, 360x798)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>93393293
>Also 2 Riptides in the top8
Rangerbros?
>>
>>93393300
Any idea the lists? Oops all Def Reactions is cancer to play against but seems pretty good.
>>
>>93393337
>Any idea the lists?
Unfortunately no, but I assume Riptide doesn't run all just traps. They usually run an aggro package for the decks traps don't work well on.
>>
File: dnd.png (986 KB, 632x712)
986 KB
986 KB PNG
Anyone got any info on this? Saw it in passing in an AX vid.
Is it a board game? Lcg? PvE? PvP? How's the card stock. apparently it's being localized.
>>
>>93393264
Shocking to me that Dragon Ball Super Masters isnt even finished being made yet there is still another set or two on the horizon for it. Why bandai?

>>93393518
Solo deckbuilder https://yofukashiproject.com/dectet/
>>
>>93394152
A single player board game? yuk
>>
>>93394245
Guess it could still be good but yeah, whoops
>>93393337
If anything Ill be looking closely at the difference between Battle Hardened Bologna with Cheese and PQ5 deck list
>Daisukevich PQ5 https://fabtcg.com/decklists/tim-dasiukevich-riptide-lurker-of-the-deep-pro-quest-season-5/
>>
>>93381653
>How was the experience for you as a new player?
I liked the game, but the players justifying the existence of staple cards that fit all decks costing over 50$ makes me sympathise with commies and their hatred of the bourgeoisie. Or at least the idiot new-money type people that see nothing wrong with piece of cardboard being gated by 50$ price.
>I tried it a while ago and hated the resource system. Do new players have the same difficulties I did?
I like the resource system, no matter what utter trash you draw at the beginning of a turn, its always +1 to your mana pool and what you can play. Its confusing to count cards and their costs at first, but I think it works well (if Grand Crusader Ring (a free draw) and Dungeon Guide (cheaper and faster levelling) didn't exist it'd be really great).
>>
>>93393212
Try 2016 (Panini revival) and FanZ has the full printable set + some fan-made expansions. The world tournament just went on a couple weeks ago, even, but it seems like the sort of game that has a couple pockets of players and that's it.

>>93393017
The Ira demo deck was 30 cards I think? Blitz at 40 is fine, pitch stacking isn't a key skill to be able to play, and the nice thing about FAB is that you usually feel like you're playing the game even when getting absolutely stomped - except against Nuu who strips your hand every fucking turn.
>>
>>93382153
>I actually recently saw a guy buy out my nearby LGS and then dump all the cards in a trash bin outside, I hope he pulled one good thing at least. It was the pink box, mustve been on sale.
I also got the pink box (fractured crown) recently, and its a pretty barren box, with 1 super important card that's UR which means 1/box. There's 7 UR cards, so that specific card (quicksilver grail) is on average a 1/7 boxes thing. And it works in basically all decks, so that's some major bullshit too.
Shame he threw out all the other cards tho, should've left them somewhere others could pick them up.
>>
File: 1000014795.png (963 KB, 600x825)
963 KB
963 KB PNG
Why doesn't anyone talk about Alpha Clash? It's a well designed "fixed" magic, with a theme that isn't "kitchen sink fantasy" and the contender mechanic gives decks a strong theme AND works as a comeback mechanic, since the abilities activate at or below the listed health. It's got a reasonably active organized play community and is putting out sets reliably (set 4 coming later this year, with set 1 having launched mid-late 2023).

Maybe the meta breaks down with more players, but it's currently at that point where it's too small for net decks to have taken over, but big enough to have some deckbuilding discussion online
>>
>>93394465
>sounds interesting
>go to website
>click gameplay
>first link is "card errata list"
>brand new game btw
I, too, wonder why nobody talks about it
>>
>>93394465
>>93394631
It's been mentioned a half dozen times in the last few threads, so I wouldn't say "nobody talks about it". not any less than any other smalltime TCG.
it does a lot right. takes a lot of the best ideas from various magic successors. balance is good, fun to play, pretty tactical. just generally a very tight design. worth trying if an anon likes that kind of game and the theme.
>>
>>93394631
They've had 5 cards with clarifications, bad marketing to put it front and center but that's not a lot out of 4 sets + a draft release with unique cards
>>
>>93394631
Digimon and One Piece get plenty of traction?
>>
>>93395468
> 5 cards needing to be nerfed in less than a year with a meta of 4.5 sets in a game relatively few people play
>this is "not a lot"
I was going to just send the above as-is but figured I'd be fair and go back to that page to check out the erratas. The untrained eye sees
>one clarification
>one potential misprint
>three nerfs
still seems like too much to me
>>
>>93395961
none of them are nerfs, or even balance changes. they're all just RAI = RAW fixes.

I don't think it's that much for a small indy with that kind of philosophy.
the bigger company in the same spot would have fewer errata. but not because they made less mistakes, just because they give zero fucks and wouldn't acknowledge anything that wasn't oko-tier fatal.
>>
>>93395961
>Card Errata are cards that have had their original printed text changed due to misprints, or to clarify wording.
They're fixing editing mistakes - shouldn't have had them, but as other anon said it's not nerfs to broken cards.

If that's enough to turn you off, that's fair, but I think it's a good sign they admit mistakes and fix them rather than just letting the chips fall as they may.
>>
>>93392986
>What p14 lrigs will be meta?

Allos and Yuzuki are the big winners. Ann has seen fringe success. Not sure about Akino and Urith.

Ironically, White Tama popped back up around this time too. I wonder if that'll be the case here.
>>
>>93396775
>oko-tier fatal.
you mean "otko"?
>>
>>93398081
He's talking about Magic and Throne of Eldraine 2019 Oko, Thief of Crowns. Very pushed mythic rare planewalker that received a ban when it should have been caught in that errata stage
>>
>>93394152
I walk into my LGS and see the new pack of it
>>
>>93398330
>terrible generic Bandai game with dbz art
>somehow still alive despite being explicitly sunset for the new, simpler, terrible generic Bandai game with dbz art
I can't even fault Bandai, someone is clearly buying this garbage. OP is also basically the same game and was doing gang busters for a while (seems to be on the way down now).

Digimon was ever so slightly different, and as soon as it started to falter, Bandai sent out their next IP to finish it off.

>Ban (broken cards after they've ruined the meta)
>let game Die
>Repeat
It's even in the name.
>>
>>93398309
Somehow, oko wasn't even as bad as the bullshit 4 color Titan abuse decks that immediately followed. My LGS is claiming the latest sets have dropped the FIRE cancer but I'm not interested at this point. Mtg was a hot girl who hit the wall and started street walking.
>>
>Digimon and One Piece all got regionals
>Dragon Ball got nothing

What went so wrong?
>>
File: 20240711_220101.jpg (979 KB, 3024x4032)
979 KB
979 KB JPG
>>93391436
Yeah, I jokingly asked my store if they were gonna get it and the owner said he'd buy some product. Yeah, it's fun but waiting for TTS makes sense. Hope you enjoy it anon.
>>
>>93398943
I wouldn't say the reputation of One Piece is doing so well after their regional, but that is probably just ancedotal.
>>
>>93399441
What happened at regionals?
>>
>>93399480
Honestly didnt seem worse than your average flub pro tour from days of yore, but the main complaints at my end seem to be from relative card gaming novices. From running the tournament software I can say that no side of tournament organization is having a swell time due to the shitty bandai app. I would have to look up the exact number of hours but I hesrd about a failed pairing round being repeated at least?
>>
>>93399480
The first place was disqualified for cheating during an online match.
>>
File: firefox_sNNTym9nEa.png (491 KB, 1139x465)
491 KB
491 KB PNG
Almost half way there - can't wait for my cheap Blitz singles! Seriously love being rewarded for being patient, competitive players can spend the $$$ finding the staples and then I get to sit on them forever. Hopefully they don't catch on to my excellent money saving scheme
>>
Had a great time playing and seeing familiar faces in this GP at Vegas. I got top32 (30th) place so I'm really happy about it.
Wixoss is so cool bros!
>>
>>93400869
Proud of you, did you get any prize or have any interesting matches?
>>
File: IMG-2074.png (6.02 MB, 2016x1512)
6.02 MB
6.02 MB PNG
>>93400903
Thanks m8, here is a picture of all the prizing I got.

As for matches well, to be honest all of them were really fun, even the one were my ass was raped so hard (Remember LRIG with Midoriko's that close 4 lanes in total and also played the PIECE that gives LRIG / SIGNI barrier).

I beat the crap out off of two Virtual decks, one Midoriko LRIG, and the last one I forgot.

But all in all my team and I had a great time talking with the head judge (which is hispanic).
>>
>>93394465
>It's a well designed "fixed" magic
I'm already out right from the get-go. I just don't care about magic-like games. I did watch the gameplay videos from Team Covenant and it did feel like a well put-together game but as i said, I'm sick of magic and its iterations.
>>93400869
Congrats anon!
>>
>>93400869
Wixoss is awesome. People not playing are missing out.
>>
File: 1713882621635867.jpg (248 KB, 640x640)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
Today I guess I'll try the card game from Unicorn Overlord.
>>93400943
That's fucking sick. Hopefully, you had a good time outside of the tournament as well.
>>
>>93400943
What was the turn out like? More or less than previous GPs?
>>
>>93385171
This trinity sucks ass. Netrunner is pretty different. Keyforge and to a slightly lesser extent Solforge obviously come to mind. Obviously a shitload of games, almost certainly any game with ramping mana systems, are going to have something similar to this. But when the meta is defined by this, and when you can pretty easily describe decks exclusively in these terms, you have a shit game.

As a fun note, I played a good bit of the alpha of a new RTS game in the Starcraft mold, Stormgate a while ago. Played over 100 games, only two factions implemented, but they were very early and the balance was definitely not there. The terran-esque faction was dramatically better in the lategame, and the zerg-esque faction was dramatically better in the early game (to the point where for a zerg player to win in the lategame, you basically had to take defensive fights and trade well until the entire map was mined out to have a chance). There was basically no discussion of whether this was a good meta, because obviously it's not. There's very little player skill expression in that, and game after game of rushing or playing defensively until you have an overwhelming advantage is BORING. But in so many card games this is accepted as the status quo. Magic brain at its worst.
>>
>>93405563
Also just to get ahead of people, yes Netrunner obviously has aggro decks and, particularly later in the meta, control-esque decks. But the structure of it when you consider corp-v-runner wasn't that cut and dried, you could have decks that had power early and late but were bad in the middle, as well as many other configurations in different situations and metas. All about finding those windows. And even an aggro deck can find a window to win lategame if it sticks it out and plays smart. Very rarely locked out of a game of Netrunner, and that's why it was so fun.
>>
I just bought some metazoo.

Is dbs actually fun? Can someone sell it to me
>>
>>93406258
If you're going to start a dead DBZ game, it should be score/Panini. You can even print-n-play, including some well regarded fan sets.
>>
>>93406319
Sorry, I meant fusion world, I thought it was a subset of dbs, how many db card games have there even been? It feels like 10 as an outsider
>>
>>93406353
Nobody is gonna sell you fusion world, it's generic bandaislop barely moving product by power of the DB brand alone.

Seriously, it's about as flavorless as you can get without being Go Fish with anime stills.
>>
>>93406353
>fusion world
The big problem with FW is the card design. For some reason they went the One Piece route and decided to ban any card from doing anything that is either fun or interesting. As much as I malign it for being made worse Masters for literally no reason, the game could have still worked if they just gave cards effects more interesting than:
-Draw 1 card if you have less than 7 cards in hand
- KO 1 opposing characters
- Rest 1 opposing character
- 1 opposing character gets -20k.
>>
>Friend tells me to attack for 7k and 9k against nami
>Later says that he found out "pro's" actually say to swing with as many characters as possible for 5k or 6k
So what is actually the best way to play against Nami?
>>
>>93371333
Same, i don't even have a proper Blitz Deck.
I'm struggling on my locals in CC, we have some really strong players, getting any wins is really hard.
>>
>>93407077
That's fab for you. Low skill floor but ridiculously high skill ceiling. I recommend jamming games on talishar for a while.
>>
>>93406748
Multiple Swings are better as events cost don and usually buff 3k.
Generally against Nami, draw is king and multiple attacks drain her hand fast.
Keep one removal for zeff
>>
File: jessa-na-ni.jpg (94 KB, 300x420)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>93386322
>>93386528
fucking love this game
I'm also fucking terrible at it, but that's ok
>>
>>93402704
Well....the heat outside, the smell of weed mixed with alcohol and sweat is not pleasant but fun times were had eating at Big Chicken.
>>93403564
Way less unfortunately, we were 81 players more or less. A lot of the same peeps from the previous GP tho, so I think this is the core amount of players that are going to be sticking up with the game for a while.
>>
>>93371123
Are we seriously using this thread now? Sure, whatever.
Anyway what are those games called where you have one main character guy card? Hero focused games? Or maybe something like that, I dunno and I can't find it online.
>>
I am a newbie in WIXOSS but seeing cards in wikias, why recent LRIGs can't go above Level 3 with rare exceptions?
What happened? I know that in-lore Level 5 is supossed to be something super legendary, but why all new cards are locked out of it.
>>
>>93409656
>Way less unfortunately, we were 81 players more or less. A lot of the same peeps from the previous GP tho, so I think this is the core amount of players that are going to be sticking up with the game for a while.
WIXOSS is dead, damn...
>>
File: Full Circle.png (1.43 MB, 726x991)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>93409656
>>93410325
Don't say that. It needs to survive in English at least until WX24.
>>
>>93410321
Because they don't want to print it. Also it makes the game faster.
>>
>>93410278
Not him but games with leaders or champions.
>>
>>93407321
>I recommend jamming games on talishar for a while.
That. Would make people have more realist expectations when buying product.
>>
>>93406258
>just bought some metazoo.
Funny you didn't even mention gameplay (because the game is shit)
>Is dbs actually fun? Can someone sell it to me
Dragon Ball Super cardgame is dead, they made a new dragonball game that is practically the same: DBS Fusion World.
You put any card as resource
You have a leader
You put characters into play to later attack with them

It is not a great game + no support from the company is killing it
>>
>>93402704
>Today I guess I'll try the card game from Unicorn Overlord.
Later give a report, maybe shill (if you liked) or say how shit it was.
Nice to see anons playing different games.
>>
>>93410476
Sorry, I got home and took a big nap after work, but I swear I'll get around to it asap, I've been having a lot of fun in the game so I'm glad they put a little something extra in with it.
>>
>>93410471
>Funny you didn't even mention gameplay (because the game is shit)
Yeah, I bought it as a meme, to hold onto as collectors relics, it was insanely cheap.

Ok thanks everyone, the consensus is fusion world is garbage. A lot of people seem to play it and love it at my lgs but I would unironically trust 4chan schizos over them.
>>
File: history channel.jpg (225 KB, 1200x1200)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>93406258
>>93410819
I'm still waiting for the UFO set to drop under $1 per pack in my local currency. Then I'll buy a few boxes for the memes.
>>
>>93409656
Not like this... Wixoss deserves so much more. Is TT just a bad publisher?
>>93410321
It's part of the diva format reset. It's to streamline the game. Power level wise, LVL 3s are comparable to old LVL 4s.
>>
File: godzilla class.jpg (128 KB, 1024x1024)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>93410471
>Funny you didn't even mention gameplay
you know what anon, I think you hit the nail on the head. that should be the actual thread split if you're gonna break up acg. do the current TCGs in one thread. and all the dead TCGs, the LCGs and ECG/XCG whatever the fuck, keyforge ai-deck games, fringe boardgamey shit, etc. in another.
like that's the **fundamental** philosophical divide in /acg/.

for Living TCGs, anons care about:
>being able to find active local scenes at any LGS
>regular game nights and launches with big turnout
>lots of publisher supplied prize support for local events
>having big regional events with cash prizes
>a game without any of the above is "dead"
>market prices, rarity, pack cracking, box value, flipping, tcgtrader
>rudy, james, other ecelebs
>care about retaining value, down on proxies

meanwhile the whole netrunner, LCG, Dedgames, algorithmic, etc crowd, anons care about:
>make your own scene / play online
>obsessed with talking about gameplay mechanics and depth
>... and probably ccg history and evolution too
>doesn't want shit to cost a lot
>but also doesn't care if cards retain value
>gives a nonzero amount of fucks about solo and co-op game modes
>community development shit, fan expansions
>positive on proxies and print-n-play
>>
>>93412322
The thread doesn't need to be split. The schizo is just trying another angle to deface and degrade /acg/.
Just stop biting. It's that simple.
>>
>>93412347
anon this is the split thread
why would you even be reading this if you were opposed to the thread split
>>
File: 1699577143364373.png (1.24 MB, 654x732)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>93407321
>>93410446
I do enjoy FaB a lot, but i have limited time in the week, so i don't get to practice that much.
I've been doing some matches on Felt against some bots just to get some basics down, and that helped.
But it's just funny to me, because they are advertising the Skirmish as "casual, easy, for new players" and then you show up to skirmish and see the literal picrel line up to rip you a new one.
Idk., it's just so laughable and sad.
>>
>>93412365
because all of this should have been in /acg/
nothing here is off topic in /acg/

stop pretending there's some kind of ideological divide
>>
>>93412461
if you agree to stop pretending everyone who disagrees with you is the work of one lunatic with an inexplicable vendetta, sure, deal.
>>
>>93412322
>because the game is shit

I mean, anon, you can try to justify a bandai ccg thread or a fab thread or a dead card games thread, it is ok. But those all also fit in acg.

Why people hate metapoo, fusion world and flesh and blood with a boner?
Because those are either bad game or hardly can be called a game.
Just deal with it
>>
>>93412461
Fuck you. I'm not going back to your shitty thread with the fucking whiners and janny deleting everything not hugging particular games' nuts.
>>
>>93412610
>flesh and blood
mathematically proven to not even be a game!
>>
>>93412427
Yes, it really feels like a mixed bag at this point. Blitz is not really a beginner version of the game, as much as it is just a quicker, more lethal version of it. Living Legend as a beginner format is also lol worthy.
>At the next level up, the Skirmish Series is intended to give players an opportunity to take part in accessible higher-level competitive play. The idea is that players in small communities might get access to a bigger event in the season, while players in larger communities might have 2-3 events taking place nearby.
I'm not quite sure what they mean by this? Sure, it's "not competitive" because you dont win an entry to another ring of organized play, but you sure will be competing for something.
>>93412662
Post a card game faggot or bitch elsewhere
>>
File: PR_060_-_140.jpg (936 KB, 732x1044)
936 KB
936 KB JPG
>>93412963
I have been posting about card games plenty. How about you go roleplay as a sheriff somewhere else?
>>
>>93413011
no mames guey, you guys post mitos y leyendas and never hook a brother up with the full set. Why do I have to cross the internet border to play card games
>>
>>93412322
No-one cares about ecelebs and 90% of TCG players would cheer with joy if Rudy died.
>>
>>93413279
The art is too sexual for the white man.
>>
>>93371206
it's a tranime mobile gambling game joke, you would get it...
>>
>>93411473
>Is TT just a bad publisher?
Honestly yes
>>
>>93412610
>>93413592
>No-one cares about ecelebs and 90% of TCG players would cheer with joy if Rudy died.
case of a few bad apples spoiling the barrel, but it is what it is.
I like a lot of these games, especially FAB and SWU. but if throwing them on the sacrificial pyre is the cost of never having to hear reeeing about rudy, tcgtrader, or the pull rate of some hyper-rarity bullshit ever again, I'll pay it with a glad heart.
>>
>>93413938
Why did they bother bringing it to western players when they are gonna put in so little effort? I have seen events and cons with TT presence pushing the Conan tcg but not even a table or small booth for Wixoss?
Will Wixoss thrive with better publisher support or is the game just too niche?
>>
>>93417460
Wixoss is too niche to ever succeed in the west. There's no "idol" culture here, and even if there was, we frown on pedophilia too much for a game with a bunch of underaged-looking girls in sexual poses to be played in public.
>>
>>93400943
Based mexibro, I hope you guys go to Dallas
>>
File: markup_1000025071.jpg (2.44 MB, 3928x2261)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>>93417554
I'll throw in my own top 32 haul for fun...
>>
>>93417599
Wixxos do have some cool merchandise, I give you that
>>
So has Wixoss finally gone back to mono LRIG and Arts? Diva format was mistake
>>
>>93417526
Thats honestly true.
I wonder if the franchise can continue.
>>
>>93419109
The whole Diva era is a weird experiment.
WIXOSS always was characterized for this bittersweet magical girl melodrama full of tragedy. Suddenly changing it to a Idol story was just...weird

I don't know the full details of what happened and how it happened and I would love to know it, but it's strange.
>>
File: chuuba.png (240 KB, 599x685)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>93419781
The shift to Diva matches the timeframe for a trend-chase after the explosion of virtual idols.
Probably the developers already had a vague idea for "what if we did teams?" and idols were picked because of what was emerging as trendy at that time.
>>
>>93417599
Wow! Nice pins! Do you think that was pretty good for top 32? FABs prize support is alright but I've been growing more jealous about the other games glamorous prize lists for sometimes as little as showing up, I work like a hog weekly for a foil
>>
>>93419818
Sure, but abandoning the melodrama really hurt their userbase
>>
>>93380404
>>93380545
>>93381418
Tabletop simulator has access to every set. My friends and I did a "progression" playthrough of the raids, where we simmed opening set boxes and accumulated decks with what we had.

It was just the three of us, so we let the raid boss operate by a smart "AI" that would always make the most optimal decision based on board context.
>>
>>93419861
You can't be owned by a massive corpo without eventually falling prey to "how do you do fellow kids?" at least once.
Hopefully the response to WX24 gets them the data they need to be allowed to course correct.
>>
>>93419882
The thing is that I don't know if the sales actually suffered during the DIVA era.
>>
>>93419897
My guess is no better than yours, but I choose to hope the classic theme results in an uptick.
The second WX24 drops in english I'm building my battle box and sitting on it forever. I WILL pretend it's 2014 forever and you WILL play along.
>>
>>93419820
Just the stuff on the left/the mat (for participation) is actual prizing, but yeah wix prizing is nice I think it's a factor that makes events really laid back/friendly
>>
>>93419995
I'm not really able to travel but thats really good compensation regardless. Support your games bros
>>
>>93417554
Hey whats up, did you actually played against one of the mexicans? We are checking our finances if we can make it to Dallas, as for myself I'm not sure since I'm going to Japan this September.
>>
Why are there two threads for a dead general?
>>
>>93420318
This is the FAB+Jyhad+L5R+Wixoss+Pirates Constructed Strategy Game general, you want to post in Battle Spirits+L5R+preSWU star wars+the eternal struggle general
>>
>>93420237
I did actually lole
>>
>>93420379
Oh snap, was it against the guy with the Mignon mat?
What was your team?
>>
>>93420427
I did yeah, you can probably figure out what I played from my earlier post
>>
>>93420479
Yeah I'm dumb, you are probably the Milulun. Glad you made it to top32!
>>
So how do ARTs work in Diva decks if DIVA decks have LRIG decks of 12 by default meaning adding an ARTs breaks the limit
>>
How you guys decide what diva to play in wixxos? By how your pp reacts to the art? By abilities? By how much you want to see the girl suffer?
>>
>>93420682
>diva
it doesn't have to be pp response, but I have my preferred designs
>OG
My favorite characters from the anime.
>>
>>93419109
>>93419781
>>93419913
For those that hate diva, how much of an actual oldfag are you guys and how active/competitive were your play groups. Genuine question.
I'm a diva baby so I have no frame of reference.
I am asking cause most oldfags at my lgs, while nostalgic for the older formats, are generally of the consensus that diva needed to happen and was overall a positive.
They said that the barrier to entry was getting way too high and the game was getting too convoluted.
One said the game was becoming "like yugioh".
>>
>>93420984
I'm the third anon, and I don't hate Diva. I just happen to prefer the classic girls and themes.
I'm an oldfag in the sense of having watched the anime when it was new, and I have a small collection of JP cards from earlier formats. I have never been in the scene proper, and prior to Diva I had only played against myself. With the translation into English I can now sometimes rope people into playing with me as a novelty. So, I'm extremely casual bordering on nogames.
I'm excited about WX24 on primarily aesthetic grounds.

As far as handling formats and managing complexity goes, I am broadly in favor of rotation and would be happy to see a new format start up whenever the time is right. The criticisms you mentioned are valid.
>>
People hate DIVA? Me pp like em
>>
>>93421127
>rotation
fucking retard
>>
>>93375625
If you got a group to play, then absolutely - will have everything you need to start in the format
>>
>>93371473
>>93371514
Sometimes I wanna play Rivals TCG, but two issues come around:
1. Nobody here in my area plays it;
2. Couple of anons who played said it doesn't matter how creative your deck is, you always lose to aggro.
>>
File: WXDi-P06-010U[EN].jpg (355 KB, 750x1047)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>93421127
Thank you for your earnest reply.
I'm lucky enough to have a local scene and I look forward to trying arts.
I personally don't mind the new girls and quite like some of them but I can see how it would be jarring for old fans. I personally have not watched the diva seasons of the anime.
>>
File: vampire-rivals-panel-3.jpg (2.07 MB, 1940x1200)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>93421502
Rivals and Jyhad/ The Eternal Struggle are actually two separate games and Rivals is also an expandable lcg/ccg, not a tcg
>>
File: kdL.jpg (328 KB, 2560x1753)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>93422513
Rivals is weird, tried it couple times with my regular VtES group and we didn't like it, the game is way too swingy, first couple draws matter a lot a when it comes together for someone, they can pummel their prey (I mean rival) so bad there's no counterpla and no chance of recovery. At the same time there's quite a lot of busywork and bookkeeping, arguably more than VtES has. So we'd rather play VtES. Obviously that opinion might be a bit biased, so I aslo tried it with casual normie/casual friends (using disttatn association with Bloodlines vidya as a lure) and they just gave up on it after two rounds.

On the other hand, there's yet another Vampire themed game called Vendetta and that one is pretty good, simple core rules, everything else explaind on cards as they are played, with element of bluffing and changing your plan on the go (within defined boundaries), that actually works as a shorter swifter alternative to VtES and something you can teach to people unfamiliar with the setting.

Also VtES itself is now mostly in LCG mode, big part of card pool is available for reptint on demand and new sets come in pre-defined expansion decks with no element of chance. Unfortunate side effect is that cards which are excluded from reprints for one reason or another do go up in price, not quite the MtG range, but $30-$50 a pop happens.
>>
>>93422513
I like the idea of Rivals, I dislike some graphic decision they made and a bit of the direction of the game.
>>
>>93423010
I mean, VtES has lots of come back because it is more of a 3+ multiplayer political game rather than a 1v1 swing as is rivals.
One of the things I dislike about the game is the lack of more secret objective/alternate victory things.
For exemple I think it would be cool if there was a way to add extra deck for the middle pile of "missions".
For exemple it would be cool if there was an expansion based on vampires trying to advance the gehenna/final night, in said expansion they could put 12 ish mission/event cards (maybe do a rule that players can add 2 extra slots in the middle for this deck) and some support for players like plot that are alternate win con by completing those new missions as well as characters designed to be good in those missions, etc

Also they could also add mages/hunters/werewolfs as alternate clans, that would be cool
>>
>>93420318
People got upsed because people mass reported anti and pro fab posts in the last thread, janny deleted half the thread.

I agree with other anons: just make a FaB or Bandai games general, leave acg to the niche games we like, all the schizos can go to their own general
>>
>>93423218
based
fuck fab it doesn't belong on /acg/
>>
Can someone say if the SWU booster boxes are still rigged? Did ffg addressed the collation erro or is it still in silence about it (or not doing anything to correct it)?
>>
>>93423837
They are still rigged and there's anectodal evidence around the last /acg/ with anon complaining about Mandalorian chunks. No I dont think FGG has said a thing
>>
>>93422513
>>93421502
Did Rivals even keep updating? Haven't looked in on it in a while. Also based, Vendetta is rad as hell. Wildly unbalanced but in a very fun way. Only a shame that the player counts are a bit funky. 4-5 are best, mostly 5, 6 works but takes a long time, less is pointless.
>>
>>93422513
I know they aren't same, anon. I just cited another WoD cardgame.

>>93423010
I wish Rivals could have a print on demand cards. Only stuff they have on their shop is those exclusive event cards.

>>93423126
Oh yeah. I totally agree. It has no "World of Darkness" identity to it. Feels like a generic cardgame design. The art is nice, tho. Too bad they got no information on these new vampires. It would be nice a booklet telling the story of each vampire on those decks.

>>93423200
There's a whole deck for Imbued Hunter in VTES and it's really overpower. If you go for a Hunter Reckoning deck in game, you are target as hell by everyone.
There's no werewolf, but you can try to an Abomination deck.

>>93427606
It's still updating. They are soon relasing a Werewolf expansion. It seems Rivals is gonna be the cardgame with all WoD5 splats.
>Vendetta is rad as hell
It's a neat game too. My friend has it. Wish they could do an expansion with more cards and the rest of the Clans.
>>
Holy shit my store got the Neopets starter decks??? Should I do it anon
>>
>>93423837
>>93425974
it's printed and distributed. unwinding that would cost more than the game is worth. it's not getting fixed for this set.
>>
>>93432165
fag, stop pumping the thread when it reachs page 9 +
>>
>>93422513
>>93423010
anons one of you want to do a little info pastebin for VTES/Rivals for the OP?
I might actually try spinning off an LCG / ded / other acg for next thread, try it for one and see how it goes. as much as I was shitting on the thread split before this has been a better vibe than acg has had in a while.
>>
>>93432192
>anons one of you want to do a little info pastebin for VTES/Rivals for the OP?
No. VtES was always obscure and rivals suck
>>
>>93432192
>I might actually try spinning off an LCG / ded / other acg for next thread, try it for one and see how it goes. as much as I was shitting on the thread split before this has been a better vibe than acg has had in a while.
because you and other shitters keep spamming in there. Get a thread without fab/onepiece and acg is unironically cool

But you are welcome to do a LCG thread
>>
>>93432236
Just more evidence /acg/ needs to die. With fabbies removed it's possible to have decent discussion. All they do is spam and shill and lie.
>>
>>93432192
Majority of VTES players keep themselves in /WoDg/ and nobody here play Rivals.
>>
>>93432236
>anon thinks hes mod allowing people to make threads
I can actually post where I please ergo I will continue to do so while you cry because you have to troll two threads and it makes your fucking head spin. Post a card game faggot
>>
>>93432997
Funny you say it when you had to actively pump the thread all the time so it doesn't fall under page 8.
Anyone can see who is the troll here.
>>
>>93433186
>a thread has to be bumped to stay alive
No shit dummy, too bad you actually have to converse here instead of implying james white booth shot president rosewater over magic
>>
>>93432192
I personally don't want to have too clear of a split from /acg/. I just didn't like all the banning and deleting that was going on. If the Janny would just leave us here alone it would be ideal. I have no problems posting or seeing posts about any cards games here provided I can freely discuss it without copping a random site wide ban.
>>93433186
This thread isn't much slower than /acg/. And so far it's been great. I'll stay here as long as possible.
>>
>Thread is on page 7 again, time for the troll to pump this dead thread !
>>
File: GTWiS7CW8AAG6y3.jpg (73 KB, 481x697)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
This MUST be broken in some way
>>
>>93432236
>>93432236
look, man. my take is that /acg/ can still be everything. just want to try a more focused discussion, see if it sticks.
think of it like a successor the /anrg/ that had some like minded games jump on the tailgate.

>>93433827
>This thread isn't much slower than /acg/. And so far it's been great. I'll stay here as long as possible.
same
>>
can i post juan piss here without a 2.5 day ban for racism?
>>
File: IMG_7946.jpg (1.54 MB, 1500x2172)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>93420682
>how your pp reacts
>how much you want the girl to suffer
this is the same thing and the only sane way to choose a lrig.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.