[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SC.jpg (285 KB, 1506x1061)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
What system to use in political intrigue campaign?
Dune: Adventures in the Imperium, WEG D6, Kingdom 2E, Fate Factions?
>>
>>93406387
This depends on a couple of things. For a start: do your players need mechanics to support politics? If they're happy to do their own conspiracy red yarn board and talk endlessly about Machiavellian schemes, then pick whatever system is familiar and will get the fuck out of the way 9/10.
If your players want or need mechanics to keep track of things, I'd recommend something suited to scale and work from there. Mini Six (WEG d6 but newer) would work well for this. Stat characters as characters and factions as characters too. So a group of mercenaries will have high Might, wizards would have high Wits, etc. Then you can point to relative power and differentiate groups.
>>
I would recommand SAKE and ACKS II for games like that.Though Cyberpunk and a few other games might have what you need too. Just got to look and see if you can make something out of it.
>>
File: 1659312812318227.jpg (469 KB, 1060x1060)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>93406387
>give players factions and said factions goals
>ask them how they are going to go about getting to said goals in between sessions through private messages
>let them get at it
Works way better than any "political system" I've ever tried.
>>
>>93406387
From those listed, or the ones that are actually going to be useful?
>>
>>93406387
you could easily take some elements used in ACKS, or if you're feeling ambitious, Birthright. there's even a 3.x conversion doc for Birthright.
>>
>>93406387
Honor+Intrigue.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.