[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This is starting to dethrone D&D as my favorite ttrpg
>>
At least you have finally tried not playing D&D
>>
>>93407083
I also have Avatar Legends and Call of Cthulhu but this one has really grabbed me
>>
>>93406831
>the day anon suffered a stroke
>>
>>93407248
So that's why I'm smelling toast?
>>
>>93406831
Well, I've heard it is as bad as D&D so... checks out.
>>
>>93407308
I find it runs a lot smother than 5e, I know that's not saying much but the system is similar and different enough and carries a lot of QoL improvements over 5e
>>
yikes
>>
>>93407384
I wish there could be at least some substance in your impressions to start a discussion. At face value, it is just a regular shill thread.
>>
Buy an ad nigger
>>
>>93406831
Wow! That's interesting but I sure don't care.
>>
>>93406831
Fuck it, I'll bite. What do you like about it, anon?
>>
>>93408219
>>93412145
No classes, no levels or xp, no skill list defined by the ability scores
Every ability score has it's own defense score, four of them are used for attack/damage
The core book has a robust selection of origins, traits, and powers with the promise of even more added in the X-Men and Spider-Verse expansions
So far my only gripe is that the web powers and the crimson bands of cyttorak can make combat trivial unless your target is particularly strong
And as far as shilling, go to the PDF share thread and pirate the shit for all I care
Yeah I bought the 3 books made so far, I also have pirate PDFs of everything so I could have the roll20 and demiplane adventures and handy printouts of all the character profiles
>>
>>93406831
check MSHRPG with FASERIP system
>>
>>93412724
Ok, how much is there to the system beyond combat? How your sessions look like?
>>
>>93417676
I've just run the published adventures so far, so standard superhero shenanigans
Enter Hydra is a standard hostage situation with a bunch of hydra goons with a surprise attack by hydra agents in ironman armor they got off temu
The Muderworld that Time Forgot is a fun little adventure where arcade kidnaps the characters and dumps them in a deathtrap filled chunk of the savage land
Revenge of the Super-Skrull I haven't ran yet but plan to
The Cataclysm of Kang is massive compared to the other being a 6 act hardcover adventure that where each act requires characters rank 1 through 6 respectively. Either with new established characters each chapter or original characters that rank up each chapter. The plot starts simple but gets increasingly convoluted as the story progresses, because of course it does just having Kang involved.
>>
>>93412724
>No Classes
Only know that they erased archetypes like polymath, blaster, etc but some of the characters feel fiddly because they're holdovers from that design.
>No Levels/XP
Rank is literally character level as your amount of powers/traits are tied to it. The game even encourages using a notXP milestone system to increase your rank so you can gain more powers outside of one-shots.
>No Skill Lists
Yesn't. Each power is going to be keyed to one of the attack stats so your still making a character tied to that overall. Melee is weird since it also absorbed super strength talents, Agility is just Dexterity, Resilience is Constitution, Vigilance is one half of Wisdom (Perception/Sense Motive), and Ego is Charisma Skill Checks/Wisdom Saves against mind whammies second only to Logic which is just Int with a few traits to prevent mind-whammies from Telepaths/Mages.
>Real Talk
The gameplay is pretty meh with the 3d6 dice rolls which just feels like weak GURPS with the marvel die for 616 as a gimmick. The powers are still weirdly locked into skill trees that fit more like an MMO game compared to other Supe TTRPGs like Prowlers & Paragons, Mutant's & Masterminds, etc. Also because the powers are mostly made just to emulate existing Marvel Supes rather than create your own power set, it feels like they want you to just play the PreGens a la Marvel Heroic rather than make a character which feels counterintuitive to how they portrayed it as making your own PC (more like DonutOC) in Marvel 616.
>TL;DR
I'd honestly play Masks set in the Marvel universe than this RPG. It doesn't really do anything new nor actually stable compared to the supe games before it and is coasting on name brand alone.
>>
>>93423334
>I'd honestly play Masks set in the Marvel universe
I was with ya till then frendo
See I have Avatar Legends and before I got it I had no experience with PbtA games
A lot of people here warned me against it based on the just the system but I ignored them because of my love of the setting
After running just the one-shots I don't know if I'll ever play it or any similar game ever again
>>
>>93423334
>>TL;DR
>I'd honestly play Masks set in the Marvel universe than this RPG
So long as you're still gunning for the 'young troubled heroes' angle, it's a solid option. If you want more than that, you should use a different game.

>>93425126
For what it's worth, Avatar Legends isn't too well regarded by die hard PbtA guys. Too many inelegant, nested mechanics with Balance and the combat exchange stuff, it pretty much all adds the sort of extra fat that a playbook/'move' focused system wants to side step. And this is coming from someone who thinks Avatar Legends is okay.

Ironically the same guys did Masks, which is definitely one of the big stand-outs in that school of design.
>>
>>93406831
So you traded a superhero game for a superhero game? Seems like a lateral move

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.