[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: world of racetrack.jpg (145 KB, 1280x720)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
Can your preferred game system do a death-race like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7RY0s_GyPc

If so, how is it done? Which one does it best?
>>
Lame thread, but thank you for reminding me of Jak X.
>>
I have yet to see any game whatsoever, whether board game or TTRPG, treat even the most basic aspect of performance driving, cornering, with any degree of gameable realism. No, not even GURPS, with all its "GURPS: Vehicles" autism (which was ultimately too much about vehicle stats, and not enough about gameplay). It is entirely a missed opportunity, and I look forward to someone taking it on properly; of course, they'll probably just D&D it all up with a completely aphysical gameist base that produces nothing but grossly unrealistic results that anyone who has ever driven at a track with any regularity would shake their head disapprovingly at.
>>
>>93407595
The F-Zero rpg has rules for projectile weapons so I'm gonna go with that.
>>
>>93407595
Preferred deathracing system can.
Gaslands is a good mix of mechanics and themes that have viable player choice and mayhem. Feels a bit like driving, doesn't get into being so granular or realistic it removes the action.
Its a very speed and distance based theme, you're going to have to do it with miniatures.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.