[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Girad.jpg (72 KB, 600x393)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Here is the deal - Resident Evil inspired setting, but with a twist of Iron Storm/Bet on Soldier.
I have this idea in mind - super futuristic oriental ultrapolis jacked with research facilities to the brim, especially the ones that work on bioengineering. This endeavour is a joint operation between China, India and Russia. Shit hits the fan, this megacity becomes a bodyhorror nightmare, the usual. I thought about making it an island, to isolate it more.
Where on the planet should I put it, though? Given that it's an international project of Eastern Coalition?
>>
>>93407917
Not that Resident Evil is known for having a lot of hard borders (see RE4 being set in 'europe') but India and China hate each-other. They have border disputes over the himalaya's, and the Chinese have been funding a literal Maoist insurgency for decades.

Anyway- considering China has been making a bunch of artificial islands in the South China Sea, why not say it's an artificially built island? Help sell the 'city of the future' vibe. Could also include a lot of canals that handily work as natural barriers, turning buildings into literal islands. An international quarantine could be the excuse for why players can't hop on a boat and just leave.

Bonus points if you include an underwater-chinese-ghost base.
>>
>>93407917
Put it in North Korea, accessible by two underground rail connections, one to China and the other to Vladivostok. China and Russia wouldn't trust each other to have the facility completely in the other's territory, so they agree on "neutral ground" compromise, Kim's is happy to oblige, providing land, menial workforce, security around the perimeter and if necessary, test subjects, for being part of "the big leage", getting thrown scraps from the research and chance to have his spies snoop for more.
>>
>>93410187
Yeah, South China Sea seems like a good place.
>>93410317
It would be a great aesthetic touch, but things can get out of it through land. Like just slowly crawl out of it into rest of Asia. I know that island seems really cliched, but doing an isolated BOW playground inside of a continent seems farfetched.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.