[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7738.jpg (790 KB, 1170x1116)
790 KB
790 KB JPG
Does anyone remember this game, or did I just have a very intricate dream as a child? Born 2001, had older 90’s baby siblings.

I’m looking for an old horror board game that came with a dvd.
The game was about monsters scaring each other. The pieces could spin to signify how scared that monster is. When they turn 180°, they are off the board.
I mainly remember the animation on the DVD about a group of kids getting trapped in a dungeon, and forced to play the game on a large scale in a stadium. One of the kids was sick and got some of his monster friends sick. This is important because the champion of the games (a 6ft yellow slug man with a wiggly smile, long nose, and slug tail ponytail) scares people off by farting “silent but deadly”. The sick kid and monsters can’t smell, so they win, and they get to leave and I don’t really remember how it ends.
I don’t think this came out of my head, I’m sure this was a real game, I just can’t find it!!
>>
Bump
>>
hope you find your game anon I'm interested too
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (523 KB, 988x1487)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>93410473
Is it Atmosfear? That's all I could find that sounds similar. The whole story about the brap slug might not fit though. Is it possible you're combining two different things?
>>
>>93410473
>>93410812
Same, this sounds like the kind of thing I would have found entertaining as a kid. Josh Kirby Time Warrior kind of entertaining.
>>
>>93410831
>>93410473
The very idea of a DVD-based boardgame sounds like a crime against creation.

>>93410812
>>93410473
>I hope you find your game, anon. I'm interested too.
Same. I'm invested now. I want to know if this exists or was just a fever dream.
>>
>>93411651
>The very idea of a DVD-based boardgame sounds like a crime against creation.
Video based board games have been a thing or a long time kiddo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1_IHliRhI
>>
>>93411878
>kiddo
I'm fucking 40, zoomfag.
>been a thing
Who gives a shit about how long cancer has been around?
>>
>>93411904
Calm down boy and have some juice.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
I believe you are combining elements of the board game Atmosfear: The Harbingers with Wizkids' HeroClix/Mage Knight and the 2011 computer animated cartoon "Larva"
>>
>>93410831
Nope, I thought it was this too, but there’s no animation or swiveling game pieces.
>>93411925
The animation was made well before 2011, and was drawn, not 3D
>>
>>93412032
I can pretty safely say that you're describing something that does not exist in this world - not in the fairly explicit (but also very vague) form you're describing it. It's quite possible you "dreamed it up" as a child or even as an adult in a literal dream but the components your subconscious assembled it from are there.
>>
>>93411904
>I'm not a newfag!
>proceeds to act exactly like a newfag
The grownup response is "Oh, I didn't know that."
>>
>>93411651
>>93411878
How is having an interactive DVD to enhance a board game any different than all the phone app integration that is growing ever prevalent in new games today?

Being that most board game apps have some shitty music and AI art, and just some VA reading a script, the DVDs were probably better.
>>
>>93413494
They were not. Still kinda neat though. Did you know you can get Dragon's Lair and other Laserdisc FMV arcade games on normal DVD, playable with normal DVD remotes (and also on game consoles with DVD support)?
>>
>>93411904
>I'm fucking 40
Doubt.jpg
>>
>>93410831
>Atmosfear
I remember the VHS version of this shit and taking it back to the store once I realized I couldn't pause or rewind the tape. Lots of style, but that one element was just a nonstarter.
>>
>>93411651
>The very idea of a DVD-based boardgame sounds like a crime against creation.
The crime against creation is you, Space Alert is a fun game.
>>
Still nothing?
>>
You're talking about Creepy Freaks, OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFhtar7soZM

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7821/creepy-freaks
>>
>>93418999
>unreleased animation
>anon's family had it
How?
>>
File: pic90917.jpg (173 KB, 1165x900)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>93419045
>STARTER SET CONTENTS:
>4 preselected CREEPY FREAKS figures
>4 stickers
>1 gameboard
>1 rulebook
>1 6 sided die
>1 CREEPY FREAKS cartoon DVD
So not unreleased.
>>
File: IMG_7751.png (4.51 MB, 1170x2532)
4.51 MB
4.51 MB PNG
>>93418999
YES YES YES THIS IS IT!!!!
>>
>>93418999
>>93419163
Well I'll be damned. I guess Wizkids games don't make it into the BGG database.
>>
>>93419045
The same way we got the Sailor Moon live-action mixed with cartoon 1993 pilot showing every week for months in the 90s in my country when it was apparently 'lost' to the rest of the world.
We also got the Fearless pilot on tv when it's still supposed to be unaired. The book were big here so that may explain why.
Unreleased/unaired is used a lot, but it doesn't make it true. Lots of unreleased games had small pre-release outings. Just because it was 'officially' unreleased doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>93410473
Saw a banana slugs at Big Basin State Park. Was walking back up the trail sad I had not seen any banana slugs at all but there they were
>>
>>93419163
Have one of the figures. Skelly with a basecap and a ghetto blaster.
>>
>>93413998
Why would that be an issue? It's a timed game, get over it. Next you'll be telling me you don't like Escape the Cursed Temple or Space Trader.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.