[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

in your setting, are there magic spells and rituals which do less than the PCs think they do? (this can range from being less effective than believed to doing nothing at all or even the opposite of what's believed)
How do you maintain the facade of the spells and rituals doing what they are claimed to do?
>>
File: pokemon-haunter.gif (384 KB, 498x378)
384 KB
384 KB GIF
>>93420846
Any and all forms of talking to the dead are a scam. I have told my players several times both out of character and in-character via reputable scholars that dead is dead and once a soul passes on it is beyond the reach of any magic. Yet somehow they still believe it when fortune tellers and swamp witches tell them that they can speak with the dead for a price...
>>
>>93420867
As for maintaining the lie... basically the same way real-life "psychics" do it. Alot of social engineering, vague statements, and cold reads on reactions to feed the victim what they want to hear/believe.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.