[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Your party doesn't play as the typical "protagonist", the hero, of a story. Instead they are the immortal or divine forces, who support him in the quest. Your party are gods or powerful wizards, who use the "hero of prophecy" as their proxy.

One player might for example play like the goddess of hope and through her the player has access to a promising young priestess, who is the avatar of her goddess. It would aid the hero in his quest, if she became his love interest and thus shielded him from the influence of evil women, who might put him on a more selfish path.

Another player might play as a crazy old man, who talks to his own chickens, goes butt-naked to sun his testicles in the sun, but is actually an immortal wizard, who lives in disguise near the Hero's village. Once the hero came of age and the "plot" started, he revealed himself to the hero, told him about his prophecy and guided him on the right path.

You can decide how cynical you want to be with this. Is the prophecy just made up? Or is the goddess maybe using mysterious methods to determine the hero (using divine google and finding a hero with the best stats and personality attributes), which is then communicated to her priestesses, who then spread this prophecy among mortals?
>>
>>93427128
Sounds kind of like how you get Avatars in Dawn of Worlds
>>
Not even the strangest game of Maid.
>>
isn't this just playing a game with a dmpc in it
>>
This is Everyone Is John with a different setting.
>>
>>93427128
That's just consensual DMPC jerking
It works if the players are into it but crashes and burns horribly if you try to force it
>>
>>93430863
>>93427128
You don't have to just have one GMPC destined hero that everyone jerks off. I was in a game like this last year. The idea of the campaign was that it was a world with dungeons and adventurers but we are not adventurers. So the heroes come to the town and buy our services to explore the ruins. Players were
>local witch
>ruins salvage appraiser/tinkerer
>bar owner
>local baron

It was a lot of fun. There was no need to ever go in the ruins, instead we fought politics and hired lackeys while selling services to the adventurer fodder.
>>
>>93431118
God this sounds like complete ass.
>>
>>93427145
>Sounds kind of like how you get Avatars in Dawn of Worlds
This. There are a few systems made just for OP's idea.
>>
I'm pretty sure I saw this concept on some youtube animated video at some point
>>
>>93427128
This just sounds like Everyone is John with significantly less chaos involved.
>>
>>93428276
>Everyone Is John
I cannot possibly imagine an EiJ game where there is an objective other than mindless fuckery.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.