[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

hxh homebrew using mage
Can't think of a better system and all the other hxh systems haven't been that great and I think the wod system is perfect for the world
>>
>>93437776
>I didn't post the right image
Fucking stringe me up in the streets right now please
>>
>>93437776
Good for you OP, I'm guessing you use Spheres of magic to represent nen categories, but how would Hatsu work and what about "generic" hunter abilities like ren, gyo, etc?
>>
>>93438018
Mostly just sketching our ideas, gonna finish my reread of the 20th anniversary mage pdf before fully writing down the very first official draft of the hxh rule book, rn is just drafts of putting mechanics in place
I'm very iffy on the spheres because while they are the obvious first choice and they are flexible, I'm worried that for hatsu it's still not free enough for a mf to make their own nen ability.
I'm mostly thinking of the other nen functions of being own original mechanics. they are far more simpler than hatsu so I'm honestly thinking that it may just be a simple resource allocation system with a very very simple limb system to make it work (basically how it works with the other homebrews too) that's basically how it works in universe so it's just less shit to deal with for now, plus I don't most people when thinking of a good hxh game most anticipated part is playing KEN manager
>>
>>93438203
Good idea honesty. I tried home-brewing a hxh game back in 21 using pulp cult of cuthulu but it just kept not fitting well in not just a few big ways but a lot of really fucking annoying ways too that I just gave up. Mage is good thinkin
>>
>>93437776
>Making a hxh homrew when the series isn't even finished
>>
>>93437776
Things work out if you follow a stepwise process:
>Make a Practice x Field of Phenomena grid.
>Apply cost differentials across Magnitude for the results, or their line of origin.
>Link Practice to Skill.
>???
>Acquire weed and floozies.
The disadvantages and flaws should be fun:
>Full clown outfit
>shota murder fetish
>literally retarded
>getting rid of dead bodies is a superpower
>born in lawless criminal-filled trash heap
>>
>>93443757
I was gonna call you out for thinking weed and floozies exist in hxh but the I remembered that Jesus, Kant and Hegel also cannocially exist so why even debate it?
>>
>>93443757
>Things work out if you follow a stepwise process:
Have you made homebrews from mage before, or is this just rational thinking on your part?
>>
>>93446173
Stripped down homebrews, all far less ambitious than HxH.
>>93445050
You probably have to fight over a gator pit to be employed as a servant in HxH. Mutant gators, because of course.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.