[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (4.38 MB, 2863x1610)
4.38 MB
4.38 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvA0s_Sqb98

Tonight's stream has a run time of 6 Hours and 30 Minutes, the break will begin at 1 Hour and 51 Minutes.
>>
>>93438546
Last of the three part thing, yeah? Or are they back tonight?
>>
>>93438614
Yes, last part.
>>
>>93438614
3 more parts after this
>>
File: tiredsoul.png (116 KB, 317x243)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>93438546
How can epic level god combat be this boring?
>>
>>93438546
It's such a long episode I'm not in the mood for watching it live, but how is it? After last episode it felt like they had way too much to wrap up for one episode (or way too much left to do in a satisfying way)
Are they gonna fight the betrayers or did they just decide to kill Aeor themselves, no cooperation with the prime society?
>>
File: RP not storytelling.png (494 KB, 1043x438)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>Can't handle honest ttrpg
>Shit at storytelling too
Can Matt, Brennan, and their theater kid ilk finally gtfo?
>>
>>93440150
Because the players don't know how to play the game or their characters. So you get combats that are people just treading water, trying their best to fill their turn before passing it to the next guy. They have no cool plans on an individual level and certainly not on a team scale. It's boring to watch because it may as well be a level 1 combat. Hell it would probably be more interesting because the players would have a better understanding of their capabilities and be able to make interesting decisions.
>>
>>93441934
>7 POSTS
Hahahahaha, Dead General
>Honestly the whole bounded accuracy thing should more or less be proven to be a bad idea with this episode. I've run 3.5 epic fights.
And it wasn't boring, even with new characters
>So say it with me, Bounded Accuracy + HP and Stat bloat = Boring Ass games devoid of investment or urgency
While I think the threater kids didn't help and the gay shit double didn't help (you need these guys to act out gods not what they would do themselves), and not making one shot character sheets with very spelled out as YOU CAN DO THIS THIS AND THIS EASILY, THIS WITH EFFORT AND YOU SHOULD PROBABLY NOT DO THE REST. But at least it's over. What happened anyway? They blew up the floating island gaybar to get back to the never never or something?
>7 posts lmfaos lmao 7 posts.
>>
>>93442330
Last thread (downfall ep 2) was the liveliest one in half a year, to be fair up to downfall ep 1 there hasn't been a thread for like four months or something, and that thread only hit 80 eish posts?
Anyway, compared to Calamity, I guess Downfall is just pretty fucking boring, at least how they decided to tell the story.
>>
>>93442730
Yeah, I mean nothing really seemed to need a role? They could have done better if it was entirely just narrative, even as improve the game was just dull from the middle section I saw.
>>
>>93441888
no one cares, nerd.
>>
File: p7e8pb3qredd1.jpg (978 KB, 4091x5337)
978 KB
978 KB JPG
>why arent there more posts in the thread about the episode most people will get to see the earlierst on Monday or later.
How did Matt manage to buck break so many people so hard?
>>
>>93442911
live threads used to get hundreds of post, hell, check out the calamity thread from when each episode, one of them alone has 988 posts. Meanwhile this thread is not long for the world.
>>
>>93442730
>>93442754
IMO the biggest problem was the cast
>>
>>93442330
Delicious pasta.
>>
File: 1545934885454.jpg (34 KB, 482x549)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>93442911
>How did Matt manage to buck break so many people so hard?
Explain why I would want to watch Critical Role.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.