[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cave-painting-neanderthal.jpg (947 KB, 2362x1772)
947 KB
947 KB JPG
What sorts of games would neanderthal man have played?
It's very likely that they painted, and musical instruments of theirs have also been found. Is it possible that some of humankind's earliest games were influenced by them?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 259x194)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>93439762
Serious answer? Variations of "pit and stone" games like mancala, or simple grid games like tic-tac-toe or morris.
>>
the game of pretend
>>
>>93439877
You know when you get around a campfire and you make up stories together and sometimes someone makes up a story based on someone else's story? Oldest human game right there. It's got everything. Communication. Social posturing. Arson. Stealing ideas. Everything that makes us people.
>>
>>93439762
hide and seek, playfighting, throw rock the furthest, move rock, climb tree highest, anything that is perfomance of body and mind that can be competitive
>>
>>93439820
I didn't appreciate how advanced neanderthal civilization was until I found out that the "original" fingerbox was found preserved among some of their pottery.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.