[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1720515591588966.png (790 KB, 1248x982)
790 KB
790 KB PNG
Do you use contemporary IRL organizations and people as inspirations for your villains?
>>
Mostly cults
>>
>>93440000
>can be anything
>choose to be a pussy
>>
>>93440000
Somehow, there's always some kind of unaccountable CIA/FBA-type organization in the games I run and the players often end up in a situation where they have to fight them.
>>
>>93440017
Do they ever end up working with them?
>>
There is a Nativist gang in my setting based off the Bowery Boys of NY and Billy Boys of Glasgow. Whether they are good or bad is up to interpretation.
>>
>>93440017
Real life CIA is too fantastic to be used on a game. Is jsut not believable
>>
File: df9xy4c.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1920)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>93440010
... jelly?
>>
>>93440000
Not necessarily as a villain but anything with a modern or scifi setting I run will have Albert Stubblebine and Jim Channon show up at some point.
>>
>>93440000
One of my villain factions is an Ivy League University that is totally not based on Harvard.

They dabble in satanic witchcraft & use their own students as mercenaries, cannon fodder & human sacrifices, paying them in grades. The students go along with it, as they value their academic performance & accolades over their own lives & the lives of others. The faculty, students & even the parents are all cartoonishly evil. When learning that their child has been killed in battle by Team Good Guy, the parents' first reaction is anger as their son or daughter's death could possibly negatively affect their GPA.
>>
>>93440000
Not exactly contemporary, but one of the villains in a recent call of Cthulhu game was the resurrected corpse of Vladimir Lenin

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.