[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Previously in the Mortal Realms:

>>93614280

New thread, edition

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-downloads/

>Tools
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.github.io/

>Booru:
https://ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>Thread question:
What makes an army fun to fight against?
>>
File: Slaanesh_Sybarites_02.jpg (618 KB, 1000x699)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
Fuck you I was about to remake this.

Anyway.

TQ:

Interactivity. Sounds like NH need to learn some with all those charge shenanigans.
>>
>>93633266
I would say a good win condition. It sounds weird, but like Idoneth in third edition. You either set yourself up to defend objectives for when turn 3 hit or tried to savage them before it hit. It made battles tense. In comparison fuck Ironjawz. Every single battle came down to a fucking coinflip, 'do you kill the megaboss on wyvern before he kills you'. If yes then congratulations you won the match, and if not then you lost. Fighting Lumineth was working around their bullshit, but every army has bullshit. Fighting Ironjawz was that once you fought one army you fought them all. They weren't just bullshit, but boring bullshit.
>>
>What makes an army fun to fight against?
a bunch of low quality melee wounds on high model count.
>>
>>93633288
>Interactivity.
Thinking on this recently and do you guys think glass cannon armies are inherently imbalanced or unfun to play against? It feels like every game with them is a total blowout in either direction and almost never a close game.
>>
>>93633266
>TQ
I think it's being able to strike the fine balance between being strong, but fair.
>>
>>93633445

I think they can be fun. It's very swingy, and I find that to be fun as opposed to the few games I've had where I could have just quit after Battle Round 1 and saved myself an hour.

Guess it mostly depends on which side you end up on.
>>
File: Warhammer_Ogre_Tribes.png (1.02 MB, 612x889)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
Ogors should be split into two different armies like Orruks
>>
A kind anon posted the full dawnbringer series about a week or so back but it was a temporary gofile link that's expired now, would anyone happen to have those? Been a little out of the loop since The Mad King Rises and hoping to catch up now the series is done, especially hearing the books pick up
>>
>>93633663
Realistically, you could make that argument for all three. Goblins should be Gitmob and Gloomspite.
>>
some anons with short memories forget how shit the era of microfactions was apparently
>>
File: 023053331938_big.jpg (95 KB, 600x620)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
I dream of the day I find a tiny LGS in Nowhere, Ohio with a treasure trove of long-forgotten 1e boxes...
>>
>>93634118
>that box
>here you throw this away for me
>>
How many armies would be enough for AoS? How many kits should an army have? Would alternative sculpts for units be better than splitting them over redundant warscrolls?
>>
>>93634215
>How many armies would be enough for AoS?
>How many kits should an army have?
>>
>>93633266
>TQ
No subfactions. You just know that you will have a shit time if your opponent uses it
>>
>>93634309
you mean that thing, that you have to pick by the rules when building an army?
>>
>>93633266
I've been dabbling in AoS trying out some casual games with buddies, but I don't really have a grasp on tactics and list building. I've done quite a bit of 40k.
How are you supposed to handle things like double turns? Seems like are games usually are ending on round two, sometimes half way through. Been playing Daughters of Khaine for reference. Are there some common pitfalls I might be falling for?
>>
File: 1000005879.jpg (991 KB, 2880x2880)
991 KB
991 KB JPG
I just finished my first little dude yesterday. Or I should say almost finished since I've seen some things that could do with some improvements, e.g. the yellow shoulder pad looks a bit flat. I've been painting (only) on and off since winter of 2022. I have 10 chaos warriors almost finished from the old Vanguard box and also Loonkrak's Looncourt that I still need to highlight. This dude is the first I finished completely with basing and all. Yes, I am slow. I sometimes go months without painting.

Post your minis that you are currently working on or recently finished.
>>
>>93634118
I'm glad I bought five of these from my lgs when they went last chance to buy. My store had them at 70$ each so you were essentially getting the spider riders for free for the price of an arock
>>
File: PSX_20240708_064925.jpg (1.64 MB, 1775x2237)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>93634526
Finished this guy recently but haven't got a chance to take new pics in the lightbox so here's a /wip/ of him partly finished
>>
>>93633663
I was kinda thinking this once, but the bad ogor lore post last thread got me me thinking too, they shouldn't, their lore just needs to be stratified better.

>Ogor mawtribes have two parts to them:
>The gutbusters are the backbone of these kingdoms
>Are the most numerous and what most ogors live as
>Worship and feed the great maw
>The tyrants rule from these realms
>Their maw terrain feature favors them
>The beastclaw raiders are essentially their special forces
>Handle the great beasts they use to pillage and raid others
>Deal with threats before the main army has to get involved
>But also can work with their army in proper wars
>Whenever they set out their marching conjures the Everwinter
>It builds up over time as both a weapon and curse
>Sometimes their chiefs get an ego and decide to strike out on their own, though normally they re-establish gutbusters under them and don't stay raiders
>The pot terrain favors them: big boys gotta eat in the field.

And yes, I am suggesting the butcher gets a bcr makeover - or better, have two types: a pot butcher and a maw butcher.
>>
>>93634549
Very cool anon. What model is that?
>>
>>93635110
>bad ogor lore post last thread
Which one? The guy that wanted his Ogors to have their own kingdom or Anons that shat in their pants because he also said his Ogors are not cursed with Everwinter?
>>
>>93635117
He's the webspinner shaman from the arock. If you build one with the warparty or as a skitterstrand you get piles of extra bits
>>
Just finished Scourge of Fate and it made me want to get some Varanguard. Shame the models as so shite :(
>>
File: Art_of_Vasiliy_Kovpak_18.jpg (1.31 MB, 1920x3092)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
How do you feel about modelling Command models for units with no Command options? There is plenty of Warscrolls with no Musicians or Standard Bearers.
>>
>>93635389

Probably going to cut the banners and make them basing accessories.

Instruments? Dunno. May stick a trumpet up an ass for a laugh someday.
>>
>>93635395
I'm asking about giving Command models to units with no Command options in their profiles like Leadbelchers or Liberators.
>>
>>93635416

Doesn't change my answer much. Shit's going to be cosmetic anyway.
>>
>>93634468
For most armies you’re going to want some chaff to stop the double turn by virtue of being a buffer for your important units. Unfortunately for DoK you’re a glass cannon army. I don’t play them personally but the local guy that does said they’re still pretty dependent on morathi
>>
File: beastclaw raider.jpg (155 KB, 650x866)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>93635110
I still think ogres should have been entirely BCR.
The original ogre kingdoms were deeply connected to their environment to a point that it shaped their religion, culture and even biology.
The maw destroyed most of the ogres and cursed them with eternal hunger creating worship through fear, the firemouth was the biggest landmark in the ogres homeland and it's eruptions directly influenced them and created a sub cult in their religion etc.
In AOS you don't really have that with gutbuster.
they are hungry because they just are, they worship gorkamorka because they just do and most of the alliance does, they are nomadic but they are also not.
The everwinter solves all of that
>religion/worship
It functions similar to the maw because they fear being frozen.
I would say it works even better with the everwinter because it also gives them power making the dynamic between deity and worshipers more balanced
>biology/hunger
The eternal hunger of the ogres could also be explained through the everwinter, the ogres need high amounts of energy to keep their body temperature so they have to constantly eat
>nomadic lifestyle/culture
The ogres were originally more Mongolian in inspiration so a nomadic lifestyle fits them best both design wise and the setting of AOS.
The everwinter also forces them to keep moving or they turn into ice statues.
The current lore of the BCR also makes them more spiritual than the original ogre kingdoms, they leave sacrifices behind to be swallowed by the blizzard, the priests have to go Dangerously close the the heart of the everwinter risking death/a tortured existence as a popsicle, it would also give fire bellies a much more important role in their culture as the only one that can create warmth in their tribes.
I think they should ease a bit about the cavalry only aspect and make it so that young and unproven ogres are on foot and the elites are on cavalry.
>>
>>93635829
BCR are more Norse than Molgol or Inuit.
>>
>>93635877
Theres very little Norse about BCR, i always thought of them as cavemen
>>
>>93635877
>BCR are more Norse than Molgol or Inuit
From the lore yeah but the models are still Mongolian because of their fantasy origin.
I wouldn't mind more Norse themes of they updated them because it would fit with AOS being basically a Norse setting with the realms and einherjar (stormcast), giants, light/shadow elves etc.
They also should give bcr giants back in the form of jötunns, descendants of behemat that are connected to the everwinter
>>
>>93635938
I personally really like the combination of Norse and Inuit stuff, its cool, you dont get much of that
>>
>>93635937
Linguistically, they're Norse. Hrothgorn, Skald, Svard, Vosjarl. Most of their fluff is inspired by Icelandic settlers and such; magical runes, oaths, the curse they bear is very viking coded too (wyrd, fate).
In the Grombindal stories there's one about a BCR tribe who feel owed shelter during the winter in a Fyreslayer lodge, based on a bond generations ago where the two peoples fought together. That's as viking as it gets.
>>
>>93633266
> shipper sent Warcry box immediately after he got it in
> it's going to arrive this morning
Time to make bone Dawgs
>>
>>93633998
This.
The idea that GW would ever support 30 to 40 model lines is fucking insanity. And if you want to know how shit it can get, look at Fyreslayers
>>
File: isbad.jpg (21 KB, 374x374)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Where is that fucking roadmap.
>>
File: fares-maese-page-layot1.jpg (292 KB, 1181x747)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
What's Ignax up to nowdays?
>>
>>93634215
Armies
> whatever we have now plus Dark Elves and Chorfs
Units
> at least 10 NON HERO units
>>
File: Mad.gif (600 KB, 1155x913)
600 KB
600 KB GIF
>>93633998
I bought into FEC when all their units came in the Start Collecting box and i regret nothing.
Only losers are the one's who didn't stay their own thing like Bonspliterz [*] or Beastclaw (who have ony gotten shity foot heroes instead of monster rider kits)
>>
>>93634215
>How many armies would be enough for AoS?
GW clearly considers current amount to be the max limit, given they keep KB and IJ together and kicked out Beastmen to make room for Chorfs.
>>
>>93636153
Just giving herself some me-time after all the bullshit she went through in the Realmgate Wars. It's not working great since the lingering effects of Archaon's sword are slowly driving her insane.
>>
>>93635829
You are wrong off the hop so I'm not going to read the rest of the post.
Ogres were one of the last two races created by the Old Ones when they foresaw the failure of the gates. The idea was that creatures with a high metabolism were more resistant to the mutating energy of chaos. They made two races- halfings and ogres- to explore this. Then the gates exploded.
The Great Maw didn't curse them they were genetically designed to be hungry. The Maw was the release of Cathay wizards summoning a comet between the Mountains of Mourn and Cathay to create a desert to keep the ogre tribes away.
>>
File: 1683396761722183.jpg (127 KB, 400x400)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>Thunderhead Host
>Bunch of units of Gryph-hounds to give Warrior Chamber units the +1 to hit buff
Is this finally a way to take tonnes of Gryphs and it not be terrible?
>>
>>93636201
They are ok screens anyway.
You never saw a lot of them because stormkekes are generally power games and aetherwings were slightly more points efficient
>>
CONFESS
>>
>>93636153
Last we here was in 3e slaves to darkness where they're describing how the slayer of king has strange effect of those it has hirt
>Kratakros body start to decay that follow him no matter which body he jump into
>vandus is going mental
>Ignax is howling in pain as she becomes more of a chaos corrupted dragon
>>
>>93636291
to whom? you posted an empty picture
>>
>>93636153
doesn't she still have that fyreslayer rune of fyreshadowing?
>>
plastic silent people spotted, fellas!
>>
File: 8557767.jpg (262 KB, 2048x1024)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
I would very much like a MOW or BFG revival set in the Mortal Realms. That is all.
>>
>>93636509
It should be about flying ships then.
Stormcast dragon riders, Idoneth flying turtles and fish, Luminjeth flying rocks, Sylvaneth big bugs, and Kharadron ships for Order. Skaven flying shitboxes and silver towers for chaos, Gitz on stolen aircrafts, and Ossiarchs probably have some flying fucked up constructs
>>
>>93636509
I wouldn't, I want a new concept that actually uses the strengths of the setting instead of recycling the ideas meant for settings with less magic and less monsters
>>
>>93636534
Idoneth bringing a flying whale or kraken or something would be funny.
>>
>>93636534
The idea is pretty great
>>
>>93636291
I hate what I like to call "fantasy leftover" factions, basically factions that are almost exact copies of old fantasy factions.
>>
File: IMG_0546.jpg (1.76 MB, 2579x1934)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>93634526
Pic’s a tiny bit outdated, but now that I’ve got a color scheme locked in I can make actual progress assuming I’m not interrupted by other things. I’m trying to think of a gem color that isn’t red and would fit them because I’m tired of red gems.
>>
>>93635829
I think the biggest issue with the maw is that, afaik, it's JUST Gorkamorka. I think it's a larger problem Destruction has overall, but in my opinion it would be better if it were more like the bad moon: something that the big green had interaction with but isn't him. I've joked before it ought to have been a tapeworm he had, but the idea of a godbeast that latched onto him as a parasite and suckled a bit of power before it was torn off and thrown into the realm is a fun idea. The Everwinter could be similar, but I'd need to think a bit more on how to write it in.
>>
>>93637213
it's not a problem with destruction, just its fans, the pantheon of destruction is the most theologically nuanced one but the average warhammer fan just wants a regular dude with super powers to call a god.
>>
>>93637245
You'll have to fill me in a bit then, cause everyone I see talk about it goes "they THINK it's this way, but ACTUALLY it's Gorkamorka."
I'm totally down for something else to theme my KB around, and if you got that for me I'm all ears.
>>
>>93636291
Even if they're a sidenote in the 4e tome, given that new doomfire warlocks don't exist, a small spiteful part of me is hopeful the Delves stick around to torment mono-human autists.
>>
>>93637288
>cause everyone I see talk about it goes "they THINK it's this way, but ACTUALLY it's Gorkamorka."
and that's a retarded simplification
you know about the christian trinity? it's like that, but also expanded to a much wider range of divine entities to the point that you cannot simply talk about gorkamorka and the pantheon of natural disasters and monsters that got uplifted by/into him one way or another without bringing up some version of pantheism
>>
>>93637427
Okay, so my idea actually was kinda right on the money for how it functions? I'm down for that.
>>
File: 1723575692437350m.jpg (178 KB, 742x1024)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>40gay is getting new bug people before us
Just let me eat James the Sylvaneth "bugs" are cool but I need actual bug people army
Also which issue of White Dwarf were these from?
>>
>>93637558
Can't you use the vespids and replace their guns for swords and stuff?
it's not like they're covered head to toe in sci fi bits and now that they're plastic they should be easier to find and work with
>>
>>93637580
Potentially. Though I’m genuinely shocked that they updated vespids AND Kroot this edition.
>>
>>93637558
>the Sylvaneth "bugs" are cool but I need actual bug people army
In fluff the spites come in all shapes and sizes. GW could make a whole unit of treelord-sized bug people for sylvaneth if they felt like it, really they already primed the faction for it so it's by no means out of left field, but it's not happening.
>>
>>93636430
I would kill for silent people so badly
I NEED fantasy bug factions, I CRAVE them
>>
>>93637655
There’s also the issue of the silent people from the beastgrave seasons of underworlds somehow becoming popular enough that GW bothered to confirm they’re destruction aligned and actually bothered to mention them later.
>>
File: Silent People.png (448 KB, 443x591)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>93637677
>GW has said that miniature lines usually take at least 5 years to create
>Beastgrave released 5 years ago
Soon....
>>
>>93637677
I don't know if that's really such a big deal. I mean Shadespire's Katophranes and shadeglass have loads of mentions in the fluff but never actually made it to the tabletop.
>>
>>93637707
They’d likely be 2-3 years down the pipeline, seeing as while beastgrave is half a decade ago, they didn’t get super popular instantly.
I do hope we get them, since they’d be the first army that went from fluff blurbs to real thing in AoS
>>
>>93637745
Plus destruction could use some more love, they spent their whole edition jobbing and watching other GA's get more model releases.
>>
>>93637723
The fact that this >>93637707 image exists means that silent ones are at least bit above katophranes. There’s a difference between showing up in the fluff and having an actual look.
>>
>>93635640
Yeah seems like I have to use Morathi. Well, thanks for responding. Not that I don't like Morathi, but not a big fan ore "required" center piece units.
Do they run sisters of slaughter blocks for their blocking/chaff lines? They seem like the best units for having some staying power, especially with a Hag Queen with a Cauldron.
>>
>>93637768
barely, that head is ripped straight off a beastgrave artwork that allegedly depicts a silent person's mask and the body is insectoid but you can't really make up anything else about it except that it's got multiple limbs

for the katophranes we've got artworks about their skeletons, the look of their people in life (trapped in the mirrors), a bunch of their equipment and more.
>>
>>93633998
They don't remember it because they wasn't here
Ooh boy I love my armies being, 3 heroes, 2 infantry units and 1 monster
>>
>>93637802
When did the Katophrane artwork come out? Cause the silent ones art was only a few months back, well after beastgrave ended.
>>
>>93637826
I unironically miss Swifthawk Agents
I think something could've been made out of the microfaction system, especially with how detachments work now. Armies could be made up of detachments all from the same GA, so you have a Swifthawk detachment 1 and Order Draconis detachment 2, and so forth. Could've been cool, but GW just went back to basics with battletome armies, which is fine.
>>93637802
The fact they were mentioned again outside of Beastgrave is the biggest indicator they're more likely. Also Silent People would offer a new aesthetic to the setting, beyond "more skeletons", and I say that as a skeletonfag
>>
>>93637826
It worked fine because you could take in anyone as allies, it only became a problem after more 40fication
>>
>>93637768
Ah yes, because the art for the land kraken, cockatrices, etc reflect models
>>
>>93637902
>Having your army be shit was fine because you could take another army instead
>>
>>93637963
This, now you can play a shitty microfaction like Kharadron and be stuck with them!
>>
>>93637985
The solution is to support Kharadron more.

Like Sylvaneth. They too had like three kits at the beginning of 1st. The solution to make them a decent army was to give them other units that filled more niches, not to allow you instead play wood elves.
>>
>>93637169
How about a yellow color, something like amber? Or a deep purple?
>>
>>93638019
When are they going to expand Deepkin?
>>
>>93638019
Or just let dwarves all play together instead of splitting them up into microfactions and then making cross-faction armies incredibly inconvenient to play. Microfactions weren't a big deal before allegiance abilities, but now we're stuck with them both and many armies are still just languishing, praying that GW will release a non-hero kit for them someday
>>
fyreslayers are the worst looking army in all of miniature gaming
>>
>>93633663
>the range should be made even smaller for each faction
Fuck no, the appeal of stuff like gloomspite is being able to take what you want together
>>
File: IMG_6945.jpg (2.43 MB, 4032x3024)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>93634526
Painted more rippaz and starting on the gnashtooth skin in the back
>>
>>93638027
I was definitely thinking those, actually. Something like citrine or sugilite.
Another possibility was a yellow-toned green.
>>
>>93637169
Beautiful classic scheme. Looking good.
Is this... IDK anon?
>>
>>93636430
> he posts without proof
I hear the noose is loose anon why not go try it
>>
>>93638236
Yessir.
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1283)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>93633266
Soon
>>
File: Malerion.jpg (91 KB, 906x561)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>93633266
Sooner
>>
The best part about silent people is we won't have to worry about shitty BL dialogue from them
>>
>>93638046
>>93638061
God they really should just fuse Fyreslayers and Kharadron into a single faction already. The AWFUL sameyness of the pantsless dwarves would instantly be mitigated if they were standing next to people with pants.
>>
>>93638036
God willing, never.
>>
File: tantrum.webm (668 KB, 468x498)
668 KB
668 KB WEBM
>>93638370
>force these two armies together because I don't like one of them!
>>
>>93638397
This, fyreslayers should be erased
>>
>>93638288
You some kinda ælf fetishist son? Why a gud boi like you throwing his talent away like this
>>
>>93638370
Fyreslayer will get a new wave of models this edition and more people will play them than ever before. Every night you will toss and turn in your sleep as phantom Fyreslayers teabag unceasingly for the rest of your life.
>>
>>93638370
>FS and KDO together
No
>FS and Dispossessed, minus the copters and guns (which KDO get)
Now we're talking
>>
>>93638046
So yes, your argument is "this army doesn't have support, instead of giving it support just make people play another army".
>>
>>93638099
Your Boyz got lore? They look cool.
>>
>>93638450
What can I say? It’s no fetish, I just like elves, their lore, and models. And if Malerion’s boys ever come out and fit my criteria, I’ll pick ‘em up, too. But chorfs are looking more likely. I hope they look nice.
If I could list other factions I like, I’d say Lizards, SCE, FEC, HoS, Gitz, and Ironjawz.
>>
>>93636291
I think ogres are a garbage faction and should be squatted.
>>
>>93638580
Imagine if they combined chorfs and umbraneth?
>>
>>93638061
I know one dude who is EXTREMELY enthusiastic about them.
>>
>>93638547
>take unit from an army, make it a microfaction
>microfaction has no support, nobody cares about it at all
>"Why not put it back in with the rest of it's army?"
>NOOOOOOOOO *THIS* MICROFACTION NEEDS TO BE MAINTAINED FOR NO REASON!
>>
Okay here me out:
What if we just organized armies by their race and the races that commonly work with them? You know like Dark elves could be an entire faction or something crazy.
>>
>>93638622
>microfaction has no support, nobody cares about it at all
Exponentially more people care about Fyreslayers than want to listen to you cry about them
>>
>>93638648
>people
>caring about fyreslayers
>>
Since we're are combining factions nobody likes, let's just put all the Destruction armies together in one codex.
>>
>>93638664
legions of gorkamorka
>>
>>93638617
>I fucking hate X, the most retarded shit in the world
>Fuck you i love x, YOU RETARDED MONGOLOID
>You are gay and retarded

This is not a coincidence, gw made factions more polarising, because then people who like them REALLY like them, and people who dont wouldnt really care fucking despise them instead, but that doesnt matter because they would never buy anything anyway
>>
>>93638552
Only that they loiter around old battlefields to add stuff to ‘da junkyard’. In reality they’re just painted that way because I really don’t like the bright way kruleboyz are usually painted
>>
>>93638706
They could be cosplaying ghosts to scare people
>>
>>93637213
I think the best explanation for the everwinter is that's a blessing from forgotten death gods that the ogres got for freeing them.
Not only would it give destruction more than deities aside from gorkamorka & pals it would also make more sense for death gods to be connected with cold/ice than gorkamorka
>>
File: Beg Pardon.jpg (186 KB, 279x700)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>
>>93638778
Gorkamorka is a primal god, specifically one relating to nature. It’s perfectly reasonable for an aspect of him or some other sub deity related to him to have dominion over frost and cold.
>>
>>93638786
What are you hung up on? The borderline chaos displays of violence? Or the mentions of “half aelven monstrosities”, which are just the snake and harpy ladies
>>
>>93638664
Let's go further, put them into a giant "bestiary" tome of non-aligned monsters and beasties that people could include in their games as environmental hazards, or even cooperative missions.
>>
Does anyone have Arkanaut’s Oath? I made thr mistake of purchasing the second one on accident, and I heard the original is better.
>>
>>93638786
Thanks Sigmar
>>
>>93638881
>>
>>93638622
The original argument was, I quote, that microfactions "worked fine because you could take in anyone as allies", which is absolutely retarded. The fact that some microfactions still exist is a problem, sure, but is not a problem that you solve by making everything a flavourless soup.

You seething about fyreslayers and Kharadrons doesn't change that.
>>
>>93638778
This >>93638802 is kinda my thinking as well. Something to do with the biting or punishing cold, here's something:
>I'm the Age of Myth, GorkaMorka roamed through Shyish.
>A great storm overtook him. He laughed at it, but as he went on it followed him. He tried outrunning it, but was always right in him.
>Annoyed, he shouted at it to try and scare it off, but the storm was fearless against him.
>He started to beat it. He battered the storm greatly, but it still pursued him.
>Finally, he took a big breath and sucked the storm into his lungs.
>It was so cold though that he almost couldn't hold it in, but when he did have to spit it back out it had been so warmed up by his body it was very weak.
>But GorkaMorka had been impressed and said that it could stay around, and if it kept putting up a fight like that maybe they'd have a rematch.
>So the Everwinter sought out the hardiest of the god's followers to practice against until the time came it was strong enough to fight GorkaMorka again.
>This is why it follows the ogors.
>>
>>93639255
Realized instead of lungs I should have said gut. More ogor that way.
>>
>>93639046
Well damn that was timely, thank you anon.
>>
>>93639164
They did work because of that, people commonly converted and made themed armies out of unique mixes of microfactions. Sadly nu-aos is catering to a more retarded, hobbylet audience concerned with "meta" and the like. I doubt a single post-2e zoomy has even thought of what realm to theme his army after.
>>
>>93639255
You could tie this into existing gorkamorka myths by having him take a bite out of a sun to warm himself up at some point.
>>
>>93636291
I cummed in the sacrosanct machine and that's why they were squatted
>>
>>93639400
If by "working" you mean that they managed to somehow be usable despite everything then yes. If you mean actually functioning like a faction should function oh hell no
>>
Have we seen any concrete Anvil of Apotheosis rules/tables/anything?
>>
>>93639459
No.
>>
>>93639459
They're restricted to battletomes, but the Dawnbringers chaos one is probably an indication of what they'll be like
>>
>>93639432
Sunclan Grots when?
>>
>>93639450
By "working" I mean the game was great and had the most army variety of any time since. It was oldhammer styled, you had aligned races that you could mix and match into your army and make something truly unique.
But zoomers need a "build" so they demanded they turn it into fantasy 40k. So we have 40k-style armies in a setting where that doesn't make sense, and retroactively was changed to sort of make sense. We still have a bunch of tiny micro factions stuck in battletomes, languishing without the options they just had.
>>
>>93639480
Firebellies actually
>>
>>93639481
>By "working" I mean the game was great
You are on drugs
Or you never actually played and only heard this from your favourite youtuber
>and had the most army variety of any time since
Not that hard when you have armies fragmented into a dozen subfaction of three units each
>>
>>93639480
There you go, that'll be £40 and not a penny less.
>>
>>93639510
If the hero ends up being a chariot I'll take it
>>
>>93639508
Fragmented into subfactions that didn't mean anything that you could freely mix and match. Allegiance abilities didn't exist in the beginning, zoom zoom
>>
>>93639510
Where are the SHROOOOOMS?!
>>
>>93639549
Actual Battletomes with actual allegiance abilities started to come out literally at the same time as the original General Handbook.
>>
>>93639637
And the game never recovered
>>
>>93639641
Just to be clear, you are arguing that the game was good before the first General Handbook?
>>
>>93639684
Yes, it was a blast, tournament-fags invaded and ruined it though.
>>
File: 1619892258683.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>93639688
>>
>>93639747
nta but you don't need matched play to really play. Obviously there's a fine element to balance but a few kits against another is fine, an SC Vs another is fine. I bet the majority of players don't go much beyond starter sets, I know I didn't with Spire of Dawn and the proper 1e box at the start
Open play will always exist and it wasn't so terrible that the first year lacked points especially from a new player perspective
>>
>>93633266
I like playing against armies where the game won't be over in 2 BR or there isn't periods where I do nothing but listen to them rattle off spells or shooting for 5 minutes.

KO (long shooting phases)
Old Ironjawz (game was basically decided in first two battle rounds)
Old LRL (long hero phases)

The armies I favor (usually grindcore or undead) people hate because they can't remove a unit in one turn. Or stuff comes back. I love setting up traps and turning trades, holding a shieldwall, counter punching. That seems mostly dead this edition right now, in favor of just monster truck ramming and killing stuff. I legitimately think spearhead has more nuance at this point.
>>
>>93639747
Not everyone is a matched play slopper like you, don't forget to keep up with your quarterly balanced updates, semi-monthly random FAQs, and get hyped for the new season! I hope GW lets us play in Azyr soon!
>>
>>93639835
Wtf don't you like seasonal rules?
>>
>>93639491
Oh. Duh.

>>93639540
I never realized how "mounts, chariots and war wagons" is the exact domain of these guys. I get the obsession now.
>>
>>93639850
They're ass, I'd prefer an actual good core book that gives plenty of tables, optional rules and scenarios so you could easily wargame in any realm or setting. But the core books are getting smaller, the GHB's dont even try to have narrative content anymore. The game is getting staler and staler
>>
>>93639788
You might not need matched play to play, but the first year of AoS was literally a shitshow that needed extensive homebrew to even be functional.

>>93639835
You realise you can still ignore all of that and play open like the first year right? But the problem is that you actually need some friends to do that.
>>
>>93639888
Oh yes you can always play open, it's just fun to make fun of spergy matchedfags that have freakouts if you ever imply that you don't want to play a game that devolves into number-crunching bean-counting autism. Also
>matched fag
>pretending he has friends
KEKY POOPY
>>
>>93639888
You weren't playing at the time lol this is just something whiny whf seethers say
>>
File: based.png (65 KB, 512x508)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
Nobody but me has played 1e here
>>
>>93639949
I played it with my tomb kings, it was fun, I liked spawning in a unit of 10 skeletons with a single spell.
>>
>>93639911
So let me get the fact straight
You had the kind of friendly community open to homebrew that managed to make the first year of AoS work, mix and matching to make armies uniques, converting to make themed armies based on the realm they came from...
And this wonderful, fantastic community suddenly stopped doing all of that the moment GW released the General Handbook?
>>
>>93639994
When did I ever say we stopped? You're creating a very fun little spot in your head for me to live rent free
>>
>>93640017
Why the fuck are you saying that the game never recovered then
>>
>>93640032
I can look at the new rules (thank you for free pdfs everyone that uploads them here) and see how shit it has gotten. I can visit and LGS and talk to people and hear about how it's just 40k-tier WAACshit now. Do you think someone with a friend group just never talks to anyone else ever? Are matched fags ALL this antisocial?
>>
>>93639926
Anon at the time you had shit like having to measure from the model instead of the base, or Sudden Death, or unlimited summoning. I played the same way everyone played it, by house ruling away that kind of bullshit.
>>
>>93639949
I preferred 1e in many ways: more battalions, only the general issuing commands was an interesting list building choice and compendiums had really interesting heroes for that, the balancing was preferable with higher to hit, lower rend, etc but heroes still slapped
People whine about 1e but 99% of the game didn't change in 2e
>>
>>93640047
>Do you think someone with a friend group just never talks to anyone else ever?
I think that someone with a friend group open to homebrew is not going to be concerned about the direction of the game because you can still use the rules you like from three editions ago. And if you are the kind of guy that see people playing a game in way that doesn't affect you and can't avoid to think how wrong must they be to play that way, well that's just sad.

>Are matched fags ALL this antisocial?
I think I have played maybe three matched play games in the last edition honestly, I have no idea why you keep calling me that.
>>
>>93640087
I do miss when 4+/4+/-/1 was the average weapon profile, led to longer and more interesting games. Everything is dead by round 3 now
>>
>>93640130
>Spends hours defending matched play
>Doesn't actually like matched play
For what purpose?

Also, keeping up with new editions to look for interesting rules to bring into the homebrew is really fun.
>>
>>93640130
>I think that someone with a friend group open to homebrew is not going to be concerned about the direction of the game because you can still use the rules you like from three editions ago
That doesn't work at all. Any system you like it's very common you keep track of things, because maybe something cool will come out ore there will be some improvement. Just because you can fix other people's retardation doesn't mean that somehow you are unbothered by it. It's much more fun when everyone can play the same game that is getting good and meaningful updates.

This is such a common way to try and brush aside criticism but it's completely flawed.
>>
>>93640087
>only the general issuing commands was an interesting list building choice and compendiums had really interesting heroes for that,

I prefer 2nd edition when any hero could do that but almost every hero still had a unique command ability. The problem with first was that it lead to more niche heroes with more situational abilities getting shafted, while 2nd edition still gave a lot of them a reason to exist.
3rd edition removing unique command abilities was a complete disgrace.
>>
>>93640174
A funny side effect of the command ability change from 1e->2e made Tomb Kings actually a very strong army despite not having allegiance abilities beyond the GA: Death ones. They had a lot of good command abilities, and got further buffs when spells and prayers available to all wizards and priests started getting released. Sadly 3e firmly killed Tomb Kings and any other legacy armies still floating around
>>
File: 1st Ed Books.jpg (3.31 MB, 2718x1798)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
>>93639949
I still play 1st.
>>
>>93639510
I'll be devastated if that rumor engine is a named character and we don't get a generic wolf rider hero. I'm not a huge fan of them being in gitz in general but if we're gonna have them make them a real subfaction at least
>>
File: 20230110_182545.jpg (3.26 MB, 4032x3024)
3.26 MB
3.26 MB JPG
>>93639949
Jokes on you I've played none of them
>>
>>93640200
Post pics of your sc battalion cards?
>>
>>93640157
>Just because you can fix other people's retardation doesn't mean that somehow you are unbothered by it.
That applies especially to the first year of first edition anon, which had massive problems that required house rules to fix.

>It's much more fun when everyone can play the same game that is getting good and meaningful updates.
Do you think Age of Sigmar ever had a good and meaningful update?

>This is such a common way to try and brush aside criticism but it's completely flawed.
There is shitload of criticism of every edition of AoS I can get behind. The fact that the first year of AoS was better because army composition didn't exist is not one of those, because army composition is one of the easiest things to house rule in narrative games or between friends if there are aspects of it you don't like, while being essential to make game between randos or people that don't know each other very well work.
So you are complaining about the addition of something that has zero drawbacks for you while having massive advantages for everyone else.
>>
>>93640288
I pointed out that fact that it is natural to both homebrew, play whatever edition you want, and keep up and follow the latest edition/news/updates.
I don't care about anything else you said.
>>
File: Eat My Balls.jpg (1.96 MB, 3264x1836)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
>>93640254
Here's some proof <3
>>
>>93638126
go for it bro
>>
>>93640324
Now post minis
>>
>>93640324
What? I remembered you saying you played while 1e was new so surely you must have pics of them and I may be missing some myself
Maybe you don't play with battalions though
>>
>>93640317
Microfactions are shit anon, and being able to take whatever you want because army building rules literally didn't exist didn't make the game good, nevermind the best it ever was.
>>
File: Sickest Lads.jpg (2.75 MB, 2210x4054)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>93640348
I post my models all the time :)
All based for 1st as well.
>>
>>93640363
Why the fuck do you have two copy-pasted units?
>>
>>93640418
The Blightkings? I love how those build options look and it made painting them a lot quicker.
>>
>>93636201
TH looks efficient but then you realize it only effects infantry and stormcast infantry suck because they move 5", and you want your dogs on the board edges and not standing around your guys.
>>
File: archers1.png (689 KB, 1044x395)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
Would YOU play epic scale AoS?
>>
>>93636214
95% of stormcast list I've ever seen are just random shit, most people don't even know how to construct competitive list with them.
>>
>>93640520
Genuinely yes, in a fucking heartbeat. Warmaster but AoS would make a fuckton of money from me alone lmao
>>
>>93638370
they're too aesthetically specialized to put them together without having a middleground of normal dwarves in between them.
>>
>>93640520
The 40k one has vehicles and titans as minis, what would the AoS one have? Kharadron would be a sick army for epic but who else would be?
>>
File: rattlerattle.png (340 KB, 577x942)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
Bonezone is good again bois, praise Nagash Supreme Lord of the Undread.
>>
>>93640562
Aos has lots of monsters, monstrous infantry and monstrous cavalry that can replace vehicles and similar. And for titans/centerpieces you can easily create some cool monster or constructs for basically every army. But I don't think you need a full replacement for Titans.
>>
>>93640557
Didn't bother GW with orruk Warclans
>>
>>93640632
KB is the middle.
>>
>>93640562
Godbeasts. The actual Gods themselves.

Could do the 30k thing and make it set at the end of the Age of Myth, although that means no stormcast so it's too kino for GW.
>>
>>93633663
They never should have been split in the first place. Beastclaw don't have enough units to be a full army and making them their own faction robs Mawtribes of both cavalry and monsters.

Splitting them is flat out stupid.
>>
>>93640649
Of what? It's just Ironjawz and Kruleboyz now
>>
>>93640616
Early-2e bros....we are BACK
>>93640520
How would that work? The entire AoS setting sans Lumineth fights in skirmish formation
>>
>>93640363
Oh shit, rotbark anon, you're still around?
>>
>>93640714
they aren't combined, you can't play them together.
>>
Everyone in GA Destruction worshipping Gorkamorka one way or another is the most boring fucking shit ever.
>>
>>93640776
>...GA Destruction...is the most boring fucking shit ever
Yup
>>
>>93640363
Holy shit he's alive, I hope you've been having fun man. You were one of the best parts of this shitty thread.
>>
>>93640520
I don't see the point, it just makes movement more basic and makes number higher for everything
>You killed 100 of my grots instead of 20
>>
>>93640724
>The entire AoS setting sans Lumineth fights in skirmish formation

Just because the game works like that doesn't mean that there aren't formations in flavour
>>
>>93637169
What paint did you use for the armour ? This metal seems pretty bright even with a white undercoat
>>
File: test_stormcast.jpg (1.44 MB, 1984x1588)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>93639949
i played a bit during 1st edition. tried it out at first during the initial release with the "twirl your mustache and get +1 to hit" era or whatever and immediately bounced off of it as most people did. came back around the last 6 months of 1st and picked up some stormcast. also had ogres and orcs playing in braggoths beast hammer, but i cant remember if that was 1st or 2nd. got into the game proper with the release of gloomspite gitz so i mostly played during 2nd. 3rd was a wash because of covid, i think i played maybe 3 games during 3rd.

interested in 4th, i've had fun with the games i've played, but no longer have a car and the closest game store is over an hour away so games have now become a logistics problem.
>>
>>93640863
Are there? Every description of a battle is just two big hordes charging at each other
>>
>>93640901
>"twirl your mustache and get +1 to hit" era
Things that didn't happen
>>
File: MaggotBoi.jpg (950 KB, 2029x2285)
950 KB
950 KB JPG
>>93640735
>Oh shit, rotbark anon, you're still around?

Yeah I'm here, been busy as fuck due to getting a new job so painting's been slow but I'm still working on my Maggotkin. I'm working on my Maggoth Lord at last.
After him, I've only a mix of Plague Drones, Lords of Affliction/Pusgoyle Blightlords and a Harbinger of Decay left to do then my 1st Ed Maggotkin are (finally) complete.

>>93640807
>Holy shit he's alive, I hope you've been having fun man. You were one of the best parts of this shitty thread.

I've been fitting games in as and when I can and they're still fun, yeah. Currently three missions deep into a five mission narrative campaign I made and it's been a total blast.
>>
>>93640874
Vallejo Metal Color Aluminum highlighted with game color silver(which I actually think might be darker), then shaded with a mix I’d have to get back to you on, and drybrushed with game color silver.
It could also be my new lamp. That thing is so damn cool. It is a bit tougher to photograph WIPs on my desk since the lamp is actually attached a bit to the left of my monitor.
>>
>>93640915
cities of sigmar have formations built into their rules, the dispossessed even have shield wall formations.

there are just a wider variety of army types than in fantasy where everything is just 2 lines of troops marching at each other napoleonic style. you've got kharadron deploying small squads off airships, sylvaneth hunting parties that appear and dissapear out of the woods, pretty much all of destruction is just a motley moshpit except the kruleboyz and ardboyz who seem a bit more disciplined, the ghosts of nighthaunt crash like a tidal wave while bonereapers march in lockstep shieldwalls, and so on.
>>
>>93640735
Those are not rotbark anon's minis?
>>
File: moustache.png (343 KB, 1390x874)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>93640959
it did exist bucko.
>>
>>93641021
These rules do suck, fair, but if you're actually talking about AoS 1st edition (as in these books >>93640200 which were the proper 1st Ed), then no those rules aren't there at all.
>>
>>93641021
Remember when 4/3+/3+/-1/d3 was a strong profile
>>
>>93641021
Post the other three from a compendium no one used which was changed a month later anyway
>>
>>93641036
i was talking about the 1st release of age of sigmar. whatever state the game released in back when it launched. if i dont call that 1st edition what the fuck am i supposed to call it? proto age of sigmar edition 0.5 beta test?

nah, im calling it 1st edition. you can call your "proper 1st edition" 1.1 or something, age of sigmar post launch patch update.
>>
>>93641036
how are only those books proper 1e when the majority of armies were on index the entire edition.
>>
>>93641069
Nearly every faction in AoS 1st was in these books >>93640200, those who didn't get their Battletomes used the Grand Alliance books. No one used those PDFs the second the GA books released.
At least no one I've ever heard of.
>>
>>93641086
>No one used those PDFs the second the GA books released

but those didnt release right away. and by the time they did a LOT of people had tried the goofy ass launch rules with no points and shit like >>93641021
and bounced off the game entirely. age of sigmar endured probably a good 5 years of constant ridicule and shitposting because of it well into 2nd edition and didnt start to live it down until 3rd
>>
>>93641113
And I'm not denying that? I even said those rules sucked. But once 1st got the proper books with the "real" rules in them, it was great fun.
>>
>>93640324
fucking owned lmfao
>>
>>93641113
1e caused so much damage, I still constantly hear normies say the game has no setting so they aren't interested in it because their impression is 10 years old and they'll never change their minds.
>>
>>93641160
>they'll never change their minds.
That is, sadly, 99% of people in the world, anon. Save your time and don't both trying.
>>
>>93641043
Most combat heroes still have something like 5A 3+ 3+ -1 D2
>>
>>93641155
Don't samefag, I'm not being a cunt. If you played 1e I thought you'd have them because I do for what I bought at the time which obviously wasn't everything. There's like zero documentation for them online.
>>
>>93641210
Yeah but this was a named character back when that was a big deal. Karl's Ghal Maraz was pretty weak too compared to Prime's.
>>
>>93641210
i dont think thats actually a bad profile, i think combat foot heroes are just overcosted as fuck.

they should be like 80pts. they got it right with some of the old ones like the fleetmaster used to be 60pts, loonboss was llike 70pts, but for some reason points on combat support foot heroes just keeps going up and up and up and they never get any better
>>
>>93641220
And those aren't the battalion cards, I mean the warscroll battalions that used to come with every start collecting box or battleforce
>>
>>93641224
it was 3a 4+/3+ -2 3.
>>
>>93641248
They made all infantry heroes expensive because they thought more regiment slots would be better which was wrong, and new guarded hero needed to be costed in.
>>
>>93641220
>There's like zero documentation for them online.
Have you tried on desuarchive? They have been almost certainly posted here in form of images.
>>
File: 1000006637.jpg (309 KB, 1440x1440)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>93634526
I finished off Abraxia and now feel obligated to do the Varanguard her rules demand. I haven't actually played a game of AoS...
>>
>>93641356
Cool spear, I wonder what it does
>>
>>93641220
He >>93641155 wasn't me, anon.
I'm sorry though, I thought you were going "lol show this to prove you've REALLY played 1st" but I clearly misread your meaning/tone.
I might have 'em laying about at home. I'll check after work.
>>
>>93641399
Cheers, it's like lost history. I do have the Nurgle ones so maybe it's a hopeless effort but ugh it's so annoying. If I played 1e again I'd like to have them all at my disposal but because it's not matched play people don't care.
>>93641284
It'd be such a hassle to find
>>
>>93640998

Sounds like you haven't played WHF/TOW.
>>
>>93641481
Ah, missed that it wasn't in English
Man, I threw out like three more at the time and I hate myself for it.
>>
>>93641160

That is what GW deserves for daring to release a game that insulting.
>>
File: unfinished_horse.jpg (117 KB, 800x450)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>93641504
I saw a jewtuber describe aos as this pic in reverse, I think that fits well.
>>
whats a good stormcast list that doesnt use sacro or fatcast rn? Is Ionus a trap?
>>
>>93641540
1st edition was good, atleast for the fact that waacfags were filtered out, now look what 4th looks like
>>
>>93641555
This urban legend that Waacfags were somehow turned off by 1st is just that, an urban legend. If anything the fact that there were a lot of things that could easily become ridicolously OP attracted them.
>>
>>93641356
So, was this bitch just understocked? Cause I feel like she was not sold anywhere and every shop had her out of stock in a couple days.
>>
>>93641555
That's a player problem, but 4e has a ruleset problem. Pittance of enhancements because competitive players whine about redundant choice and balance. Same with battalions, monstrous actions, etc. You could play 1e as a waacfag but you can't enjoy 4e beyond this abstract competitive board game attitude
>>
File: file.png (425 KB, 800x450)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
>>93641540
>I saw a jewtuber describe aos as this pic in reverse, I think that fits well.
Here, I made this for you anon. No need to thank me.
>>
>>93641160
this is a sentiment from people prediposed to outrage and grifters latched onto it thereafter. They didn't play 1st just like they didn't play WHFB
>>
>>93641544
The problem with ionus is for 100 more points you get krondys who replaces a full hammer unit and +2 spellcasting is better than priest.
The thing holding back full thunderstrike builds is the lack of shooting, specifically priority target longstrikes. Palladors and Dracoths being oldcast is also a hang up.
I'd look at Karazai, 6 praetors with bodyguard and knight vexillor, 12 prosecutors, bleak citadel.
Vigilant double arcanum reinforced reclusians, 12 prosecutors, and some vanqs, vigilors, and questors.
Knight Draconis, double arcanum, stormdrakes, reinforced shield annis, vanqs, questors, vigilors, dogs.
>>
>>93640616
what website?
>>
>>93636147
I wonder what armies will come first, besides Skaven and Stormcast of course, and which of those coming will have actual new models and not just a pity character.

Speaking of pity characters, anybody have high hopes for their faction's pity hero?
>>
>>93641703
him being a double priest seems good but the requirements for the attack buff is so high. The heal sucks and the translocate can be replicated with celestial realm. I wanna start the army but if I cant make it work with him then I really dont know. Soulburned seems good but hes gonna munch command points
>>
>>93641822
>Speaking of pity characters, anybody have high hopes for their faction's pity hero?
If its not a vampire lord on horse, or some mutated avengorii lord on foot like in the crimson court, I don't want or need another pity character.
>>
>>93641870
Scuttleboss... Please GW
>>
>>93641822
>Speaking of pity characters, anybody have high hopes for their faction's pity hero?
I can only hope it is riding on a giant monster
>>
>>93641822
All I want for Hedonites is either a seeker mounted mortal lord or a mortal chariot lord.
>>
>>93641991
Honestly, ANY lord on a mount would be welcome for slaanesh. Daemon, mortal, some amalgamation that counts as both. Just... It's really fucking weird that slaanesh lacks a lord on a mount that isn't lawncare equipment
Or give us a hero Fiend, that'd be neat too
>>
>>93642065
It'd be no problem if they'd just accept warriors of chaos heroes/units. But they won't.
>>
>>93641484
i've tried it, fucking hated it. they force disciplined ranks on shit that absolutely should not have it, not to mention the gameplay itself is incredibly static and cumbersome.

it repulsed me in 2005 and it repulsed me again in 2024. rank and flank does not appeal to me whatsoever, and whfb/tow isnt making any concessions to make that less painful
>>
>>93641555

Waacfags never left. Sportsmanlike tournament players did though.
>>
>>93641605

You can't blame competitive players for GW misinterpreting what they're asking for. Competitive players are asking for more meaningful effort being put into the rules and GW is saying no, fuck you, here's low effort rules.
>>
>>93642090
Looking back at WHFB/TOW, I think like, half or slightly more than half of the armies in the game have units that in no way shape or form make sense being ranked up. Chaos warriors, Daemons, Skaven, Beastmen, Greenskins, Vampires, Ogres... All of them have their basic units being varying levels of "Anarchic mob" and a couple of them have more units in that category than out of it.
>>
>>93642090

You failed to understand it. Different armies maneuver very differently in TOW. Skirmisher heavy wood elves, infantry heavy dwarves, cavalry heavy Brets... whereas everyone in AoS uses the same formation.
>>
>>93642147

I don't think you understand TOW then.
>>
>>93642169
I can use whatever formation I damn please in AoS. Doubly so now that they simplified the range requirements for melee.
>>
>>93642169
show me a formation you can do in ToW/WHFB that you cant do in age of sigmar
>>
>>93642183
Why would he care to?
>>
>>93642183
It's a fluff-crunch disconnect I'm pointing out. Greenskins, beastmen, Ogres and Chaos warriors (marauders specifically) all derive from the "Unwashed, uncivilized horde" archetype, and that archetype doesn't really lend itself to the idea of fighting in formation I am aware that the cultures that archetype comes from did fight in formation, but that's irrelevant, Similarly, the core units of skaven are vast hordes of poorly trained, poorly equipped ratmen which, again, seem like they'd go from "organized ranks" to "Mob" in about 20 seconds. As for vampires. Zombies. That's all.
>>
>>93642237
>As for vampires
Wolves, and bats dont make sense in ranks either.
Also it was always fucking stupid with monsters
>>
>>93642253
I completely forgot about those, but yeah, they're dumb, untrained (Or barely trained) animals. And for the VC dogs, they're both Dumb animals AND zombies.
>>
>>93641775
woehammer
>>
>>93641866
I'm sure he works if you can leverage the +1 attack, maybe bodyguard reinforced praetors. Like I said its just weaker than morbid conj, -1 charge dice, and -1 save shooting from krondys with his better profile. Ionus should be like 360 imo.
>>
File: seeker.png (1.33 MB, 1390x874)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>93641991
Well that wouldn't be all I wanted, how about those new daemonettes. They put in art in the 3e tome of seekers with the new mounts.
>>
>>93642386
wouldnt that be redundant? They already got 2 cavalry units, 3 if you count the old kit that for some reason remains as part of the army
>>
>>93640562
All of the really huge monsters that exist in the background but are just too big for the main game
Parasite Engines, super gargants, bigger dragons, etc etc.
>>
>>93642433
Godbeasts.
Honestly I'd love to see a table themed after one of those mega beasties from the fluff.
>>
>>93642318
It's WARhammer, retard
>>
File: Gloomspite_Gitz_01.jpg (133 KB, 800x1200)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Does anyone have the 2nd ed gitz tome? Trying to get every scrap of info about spiders/spiderfang/evercrawl I can get my disgusting little mitts on
>>
>>93642408
Hellstriders are redundant, seekers are cheap screening, obj stealing, trash cav that you can buff to a level of doing something reinforced in a designed build. That's fine to exist alongside mortal exalteds. Right now there's only a 20 point gap between them and Blissbarb Seekers though so it is eating some of their usage. I think BBs should be a little better though and go up to match the slickblades.
>>
>>93642487
more like Hamplanet, but enough about your mother.
>>
>>93642503
https://files.catbox.moe/0tso9b.pdf
>>
File: sopranos-tonysoprano.gif (4.28 MB, 498x267)
4.28 MB
4.28 MB GIF
>>93642518
>>
Not sure how to paint my Hedonites, thinking of just replacing the pink with blue or maybe Purples.
Or maybe black and gold, but I always seem to default to that scheme
>>
>>93642980
Hot pink, neon green and bright yellow.
>>
>>93642980
Use KISS-style corpsepaint.
>>
>>93642195

Except it has no gameplay implication so it's not really a formation.

>>93642230

Meaningless because the formations don't have rules.
>>
>>93643078
so you couldnt come up with one then?
>>
>>93643078
I mean, all you can influence formation wise is the number of models per rank and the number of ranks, you cant build realistic boxes chevrons or anything really. Fantasy Regiments arent really impactful, beiseds movement restrictions and visability arcs, both of which are super game-y mehcanocs that dont have much realism/simulationism going on, especially considreing the size of the regiments
>>
>>93643183
Only if you give me 40 bucks
>>
>>93643175
AoS went through 3 editions where the precise placement of each model within a unit as well as the shape and size of the unit relative to the enemy unit and terrain were incredibly mechanically important completely organically without requiring tacked on bonuses for declaring your unit to be a square.

You are not a simulationist, you're a gamist nigger.
>>
>>93643363
Nigger, im on your side
>>
File: 1659859934718846.gif (3.06 MB, 640x640)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB GIF
What should I buy to expand from the Seraphon Spearhead? Slann Starmaster? Spawn of Chotek? Raptadon Hunters?
>>
>>93643482
Slaan is often considrerd a base of the army, i would get an additional box or two of saurus, and maybe aggradons
>>
File: 1611249096273.jpg (131 KB, 820x820)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>93638082
>>93640707
When they split Orruks they gave Ironjawz the extra units they needed to be a proper army. Obviously splitting Ogors would include extra models for both sides
>>
>>93643482
Slaan, Starseer, raptodons are busted, I wouldn't expect them to stay 140.
>>
>>93643383
my bad I wasn't paying attention
>>
>>93643482
a Slaan and another Spearhead
>>
>>93643363

Yes but it's entirely unintended as a result of the rules. It's just dumb monkeys with typewriters writing rules, like most of the GW staff.
>>
>>93643482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV-2f8PGUd0&t=7s

if you've got the time, give this a watch. its a deep dive on seraphon from someone who knows how to play them. breaks down the how and why of every unit and how the math works out on them regarding damage efficiency, what buffs are available, etc.

like a prima strategy guide for seraphon
>>
File: 99120101406_DACP2.jpg (110 KB, 669x691)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>93638061
>Fyreslayers all look the sa...
hold my magmalt
>>
>>93643766
What are you talking about? I can count at LEAST 20 distinct units in that image.
>>
>>93643766
ugh, thanks for reminding me i need another 3 bladeguard vets. i really do not want to spend $60 for 3 space marines
>>
>>93643624
Did you unironically just call Jervis Johnson a monkey with a typewriter and also claim that melee weapons having a range characteristic, a very obviously deliberate design decision not present in 90% of GW games is somehow unintended.

You're an actual moron.
>>
>>93643624
>Yes but it's entirely unintended as a result of the rules
thats how good rules writing works, retard, rules should interact with eachother, not exist as abstract bonuses in a vacuum
>>
>>93644013
It's also ironically a more realistic way to have formations work in a game.
>>
>>93643766
Big difference is armored vs armorless.

Armored guys in mass produced uniforms will of course look near identical. The problem is when they're nearly naked dudes, and also the entire rest of the army is the exact same nearly naked dudes, MAYBE with a different hat, MAYBE with a different axe.
>>
>>93643619
Why the skink so thicc, shit got me feeling a certain type of way
>>
>>93643838
I was just watching a review of them and so many of those combat patrols are like 350 points for $170.
>>
>>93644223
dont buy 40k new. there are so many dumbasses selling their shit on ebay, facebook, or reddit miniswap groups for 50%+ off because they're trying to metaslave, you can very easily get any 40k army at an extreme discount with a little patience and elbow grease. trolltrader also often has good deals, though usually not quite as good as the swap groups
>>
>>93644223
40k is the biggest money maker and by far the most popular. Hence why it tends to be the worst value. AoS has better value in terms of points per $. This follows for other game systems GW offers too. You can get a 2000pt Old World army for $400
>>
>>93638617
Don't leave him alone with any male children
>>
>>93638617
We had a very very autistic literal 5'3 latino manlet at our store who would buy enormous amounts of anything to do with dwarves. He'd tell everyone who'd listen about how his workout included sledgehammer swings against tractor tires in order to build "grudge destroying gains" and that he'd been kicked out from multiple gyms in our fairly large city for scream "For Grungni!" As loud as he could while deadlifting. Everyone thought he was larping until one of our other players at the store saw him kicked out of an anytime fitness for screaming retarded dwarf shit while lifting. Used to talk constantly about how he was working to become a warhammer dwarf in real life but would absolutely tweak out on you if you asked where his beard was.
>>
anyone got cities of smegmar schemes? flgs is gearing up for games and the 40k scene's becoming a bit sweaty for my dumpster ass so i wanted to get some horsie guys and potheads painted up. Was probably just gonna prime them black, apply a liberal metallic drybrush, and slather contrast on them.
>>
>>93644576
Honestly? I can respect that.
>>
>>93644613
>smegmar
You're clearly an actual child so you should be familiar with how to function your iPad to find what you want
>>
>>93644648
being a fuddy duddy doesn't make you mature anon
>>
File: 8395923598.jpg (61 KB, 894x894)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>93644648
>actual child
>>
>>93644576
you have to live it.
>>
>>93644661
>>93644713
Regurgitating memes for ESLs doesn't make you part of the hobby. Sorry secondary kun thems the rules, I don't make them up
>>
>>93638786
“half aelven monstrosities” are just the scathborn, but half-aelves do exist in the setting in the same way half-ogors do. If its funnier to you, you can imagine its talking about them and doing some weird race supremacy thing
>>
>>93642386
still waiting for these to be good finally, they're 60ish points over being worthwhile atm.
>>
>>93644916
These guys are cool enough to run regardless of their position in the meta. You just sound like a bitch
>>
>>93644803
my brother in christ i've got a box full of gee dub plastic in the car, i'm literally asking for paint schemes. if playing the game with the models isn't primary i don't know what is
>>
>>93645001
Use whatever paint is the tastiest.
>>
File: 600px-Slaangor_01.png (1.06 MB, 600x781)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>93644916

They're great in Spearhead and look basically just as good in AoS proper.

Regardless run the hairless bull-men in stockings, you fucking puritan.
>>
>>93645032
They're goats you cretin
>>
>>93645060

They're bulls in the sense of cucking your opponent.
>>
>>93645001
Come back when you've got painted models to share, otherwise you're still a secondary. Boxposters/greyposters deserve the rope
>>
>>93644940
I didn't say I didn't run them, and their position is near the worst warscroll in the game.
>>
>>93645091
n i g g e r i'm asking for schemes or tips to paint these gribbly fuckers so i can have painted models i swear to christ
also i got the box for $20 if that's paypigging i might as well just bury myself in lava
>>
>>93645160
Once again they're cool enough to run regardless of how good they are. You still sound like a bitch
>>
>>93645032
>and look basically just as good in AoS proper.
can you not read a warscroll?
>>
>>93645164
It's all paypigging until you put paint on a model. If you came from 40k you should be able to handle picking a paintscheme on your own unless you're a greytide faggot, in which case see this post >>93645091 for reference
>>
>>93645228
You sound like a retard, it takes 2 seconds to change their points in a pdf. We have a points that aren't just random besides "durr its a cool model" for a fucking reason.
>>
Are the only differences between the 3 bloodthirster types the weapons? I have a preferred head and lower body of the options available, but was just gonna magnetize arms/weapons
>>
>>93645239
Nigger I'm not gonna spend a day on each of these shitty little potheads a piece, which is what it'd take to do them in a base wash highlight method. There's too much shit.
>>
>>93645242
Sounds like something a waacfag bitch would say
>>
>>93645273
You'd have more time to paint if you spent less time larping as a primary on a Norwegian arrow fetching forum
>>
>>93645248
I don't think any of them have a specific head or detail that you need to use. The only thing tied to the rules is their weapons so that's the only thing I'd worry about if magnetising
>>
>>93645312
No, I wouldn't, because I'm larping on a rhodesian shitspewing conclave at work, where I cannot paint.
>>
>>93645319
Thank you, I'm reading the instructions more closely and the jumping fire foot/regular and the heads do seem to be interchangeable. There is one kind of confusing part in the instructions concerning the head with the Wrath of Khorne variant, but I'm going to GW tomorrow for a game anyhow and will clear that up.
>>
>>93645236

They lose 1 attack compared to Spearhead. I seriously don't get the issue. They have an inverted hit profile compared to HoS units, same shitty 5+ save, the same ability, and the same stats.
>>
File: 1716322001763973.webm (1.17 MB, 720x720)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB WEBM
Are there any rules for 2v2 games?
>>
>>93645350
6 of them are significantly worse than 5 slickblades and cost 100 more. I don't give a fuck about spearhead. That has no relevance to this game.
>>
>>93645390

>6 of them

I wouldn't take more than 3. I just like having them sit next to my Shardspeaker very suggestively.

You should go jelq. You're awfully tense.
>>
>>93644613
>smegmar
Off yourself, kid.
>>
File: Bloodthirster.jpg (56 KB, 669x691)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>93645248
Related note, is there any reason I wouldn't just put the magnets inside the hollow model rather than going through the trouble of drilling and all that?
I've never magnetized anything this large before but as I'm assembling it it seems like an option. Obviously it wouldn't be quite as secure as if they were actually touching
>>
>>93645248
Yeah, I'd just change the weapons if you feel compelled to play WYSIWYG.
>>
>>93645353
Yeah, check old ghbs, there's a whole section in 2020s for it
>>
i hate painting clanrats, i need to get some speedpaint for this shit
>>
>>93645626
I would've assumed anyone painting 40blocks would already be taking advantage of contrast and speedpaint. Defs makes the colour blocking/ basecoat+shade step go pretty quick
>>
File: lr75ttjom3jd1.jpg (67 KB, 955x1215)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
I thought this looked cool.
>>
>>93646001
It does look sick is it yours
>>
File: IMG_6970.jpg (1.53 MB, 2888x2202)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
What are we painting this weekend anons? Work on the points sink continues
>>
>>93646001

You were right
>>
>>93643766
braindead aospiggie cant tell the difference between armor and literal clones
>>
>75 eurobucks from retailers
Dangerously reasonable.
>>
>>93646212
they are all wearing the same armor, well probably not the gravis dude.
>>
>>93646227
Do they have interiors like the tower?
>>
>>93646243
no

the only thing is that you can use each part as a separate building, I think
>>
>>93646265
>>93646265
>>93646265
>>
>>93643619
>>93643599
>>93643526
>>93643680
I'll give it a watch and ty for the information anons
Do you think the Dinos like the Bastiladon and Stegadon will be replaced anytime soon? They hold up well IMO
>>
>>93638061
Fun to point but not going above 1k points until they get new models
>>93643766
Ironically Dark Angels are probably the most varying Space Marines because they have three different paint schemes in the same army (Greenwing, Deathwing, and Ravenwing all have different schemes)
>>
>>93644916
Slaangors have always been a strange concept to me
>>
>>93641822
>Ogres
No plz stahp. Resculpts are fine but please do not give us another hero.
>Butcher
>Slaughtermaster
>Tyrant
>Firebelly
>Bloodpelt Hunter
>FLoSH
>FLoTT
>HKoSH
>HKoTT
>Icebrow Hunter
We have ten heroes and we take maybe 3, do not make another pity hero to collect dust on the shelf. Give the rest of these slobs a job please.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.