[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Alien encounters edition.

Welcome to /usgen/
It is dedicated to discussing universal TTRPG system that are to small to have its own general.
We discuss Basic Role-Playing, Fudge, Genesys, Open D6 and Savage Worlds, but other systems are also welcome.

/usgen/ rules:
1. We discuss only universal systems and related settings, which didn't have its own general. (So no D&D and no GURPS)
2. If you talk about specific system write its name down to avoid confusion.
3. Player-made settings for existing systems are encouraged.
4. We only discuss universal systems that were published. So ask about your "WIP system".
5. Try to limit off-topic discussions to minimum.

Player resources (so far):
Fudge - https://pastebin.com/R4gk2t95
Genesys - https://pastebin.com/VnMDzUGa and https://pastebin.com/7knE7KSv
Open D6 - https://opend6.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

News: Yesterday there was a premier of Science Fiction Compendium for Savage Worlds.

Thread question: Do you ever play as an alien? What was your experience?

Previous thread: >>93835263
>>
>>93901576
First to promote AMAZING Engine
>>
I've started working on a post-apoc Genesys setting where the PCs' settlement has its own stat block which is used for checks

>>93902681
Redpill me on this
>>
I'm wanting to run a fantasy game and I'm looking for a system. I want specifically:
>classless
>rules medium
>easy to make enemies etc on the fly
>good for campaign play
>free-form magic, no spell lists

I would have run fate, but some of my players have been burned by shitty fate games and refuse to try again.
>>
>>93903780
Genesys fits all those requirements
>>
>>93903780
>>93904511
(Well it's not exactly classless but the "classes" aren't as limiting as D&D classes)
>>
>>93903780
Genesys covers all of that.
>>
Will we ever get the generic version of Unisystems or is Eden Studio not just dead but buried?
>>
>>93905241
>>93904523
>>93904511
Thank you for the suggestion, it was near the top of my possibilities list.
>>
>>93907841
Redpill me on this
>>
>>93909919
Unisystems is the system that powers All Flesh Must Be Eaten and a variety o other games. It really showed that there could be a non-GURPS generic system before Savage Worlds.
There was a book explaining how the generic stuff was made. The owner of Eden Studios had money trouble with a different group of people who wouldn’t pay up about a published book. He basically shut down the company and went back to running his LGS. The finish generic book has never been released.
>>
What's a good system if I want players to be in control of a large space ship? Meaning, one works the engines, one works the shields, etc.

I understand they all get to shoot some weapons as just being in control of shields would get boring.
>>
I've been trying to get into Savage Worlds, but only solo stuff for now. I like the systems and the less hp bloat combat. I made a fighter-ish character and stuff went well.
But I wanted to get more familiar with magic, so I made a Witch from the fantasy compendium, and before I rant, I know they have stated that you can homebrew and tweak anything in the game.
Witch get corruption and components, so a crit-miss on a spell will doublefuck them, but they do get a familiar, so that something. I just don't quite understand what really separate them from other spellcasters except a few spells from the spell list (I noticed bard didn't get any damage spells), plus you get like three spells unless you get feats for more. And while I really like how you can modify your spells, that seems really low.
I guess it matters less when you don't play solo I guess
>>
>>93909962
I only use Genesys vehicular combat rules.
It works fin if you do 1vs1 or 1vs2.
During larger battle it become hard to manege.
>>
Just learned Adventure Time released a ttrpg, but at the last minute they changed it to dnd 5e. Originally it was going to have a "yes, and" system with a yes/no and and/but, dice.
I was wondering if anything like this has been done before. It was intended to be a simplified system for kids, but I also think it could be fun for a faster more chaotic ttrpg experience, as it simplifies a lot of the combat and interactions.
>>
>>93920497
>Originally it was going to have a "yes, and" system with a yes/no and and/but, dice.
>I was wondering if anything like this has been done before.
Genesys

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.