[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5679.jpg (2.96 MB, 4032x3024)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
A guy just came in and handed me a box of these; Im trying to go through them. So far its a lot of squats and then a bunch of fantasy dwarfs that I will post in a few.

This is the first Oldhammer Ive ever owned and I literally have almost a hundred of them through the different boxes. If someone gave you these minis and refused to take any sort of compensation, what would you do with them?

I don't know if it's scummier to trade/sell them vs keeping them tucked away in a box.
>>
>>93902239
>If someone gave you these minis and refused to take any sort of compensation, what would you do with them?
In your case I'd assemble them and run a leagues of votann army but with actual squat models because squats are cool.
>>
File: IMG_5683.jpg (2.11 MB, 3918x3024)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
and here's the Dwarfs. Would this be enough to try and build into an Old World army or would I be better off just proxying them as the Fyreslayers Spearhead?
>>
>>93902339
Make them oldhammer dwarf army, for old fantasy, so something like 4-5th edition.
>>93902239
And if I were you anon (and I admit, I have been in similar spot of getting few models but not a lot), I would paint them up as a force and use them.
>>
Paint them, enjoy them, when old sell them. He gave you an inheritance. He's a generous loving person that wants you to enjoy them. He knows he's dying. Spend time with him. Paint them together.
>>
Show him them painted. At least some of them.
>>
>>93902239
the squat trikes look like they're suffering from tin pest. can't be sure though. have you like stripped them and made sure?

you need to get these guys primed and covered sooner rather then later to protect the older metals. white can be a bad idea because that looks like led rot.

>>93902339
dude those dorfs are great, you lucked out, ungrim, bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, and those sweet slayers.
i'm really happy to have them myself.
collect them, us em, just plain sell em. doesn't matter just take care of them.
>>
>>93902239
>Generous Boomer
>Gooner
>op's gonna hot glue them, isn't he?
>>
>>93902339
>Would this be enough to try and build into an Old World army or would I be better off just proxying them as the Fyreslayers Spearhead?
Make a Mordheim dwarf treasure hunter warband or a Warcry Dispossessed warband or something.
>>
>>93902239
>what would you do with them?
Paint them and make them into an ironhead prospectors gang for Necromunda, the terminators as Exo-Drillers and all the boltguns could be used as either Ironhead boltguns or autoguns.
>>
>>93902339
>even considering using classic kino for age of fagmar
boomer should have given the models to someone more worthy
>>
That's a nice little collection of both anon.

For me? I'd lovingly paint them and worry about what game they're for later.
>>
>>93902239
find a way to deal with the horrible lead rot on those darker ones
>>
>>93902239
>>93903995
This. As cool as the collection is OP a lot of these models are inflicted with lead rot which is going to fuck the models up and eat away at them over time, try your best to fix it now while the detail seems to be still be somewhat intact.
Dunk them in white vinegar over night and then wash them in boiling water with soap and scrub with a toothbrush. Make sure they're completely dry then hit them with varnish and primer to prevent moisture from getting onto the fig again. You might find some detail or parts get soft or weak or even fall off during the process but this is just due to the rot unfortunately and it would happen to the whole sculpt if you didn't catch it early, it's literally like miniature cancer
>>
>>93902239
clean them, make molds of out them, repaint them and use them on an agnostic game like Space Weirdos, why the fuck do you ask what we would do with them? play with them!!! what the fuck
>>
>>93904066
whoever convinced retards to fight metal corrosion by dipping it in vinegar was a devious motherfucker
DO NOT DO THIS, it's fucking retarded, the lead oxide is just going to make lead acetate which is nasty shit, any residual acetic acid is going to potentially fuck up your models further
just get an alcohol based solvent, soak, and wear a mask when scrubbing
>>
>>93904826
fuck i used vinegar on models not suffering from tin pest.
what can i do to prevent the ace from fucking my shit up?
>>
>>93902339
Anon if you’re going to use them for smegmar I’ll buy them from you and honor them by using them for fantasy rather than marveltranny slop.
>>
>>93902239
>If someone gave you these minis and refused to take any sort of compensation, what would you do with them?
Sort them into factions/themes, start stripping/assembling/painting the ones I like most, keep an eye out for someone who'd genuinely enjoy some oldhammer to give the factions I like the least.
>>
>>93902239
> see new game
> all your friends talk about how cool it would be
> spend your birthday and christmas money on minis
> friends don't want to pay, only one does
> he quits after one turn and gives you all his minis
> cant find games, get job, wife, kids
> spend saturday afternoons painting friend's minis for game you'll never play
> get cancer and die
> brother brings minis to game store and tells you to just take them because he doesn't want the slut widow to get anything
>>
>>93902239
>A guy just came in and handed me a box of these
wha?
>>
>>93902239
What the fu–
Came in where? Where is it you are, because I clearly need to be there the next time a guy comes in.

Anyway, obviously paint them up and use them, what the hell. If you start playing the older editions you'll discover that the rules are also better (pre-Herohammer; that 4th ed was dogshit).
>>
>>93902239
Put it all into a pot and pour a generous amount of acetone into it. You're welcome
>>
>>93904826
Hammertards believing hype over reason? Say it ain't so!
>>
>>93902239
Most of my first 40k army was given to me. The thing is, I don't have most of it any more. The thing is, I got special instructions from the good guy that handed it off to me:
>One day you'll find a dude that needs this, or something else you have that you don't need. Hook that fucker up. That's the price, you gotta pass on the goods and help a dude out.
>>
>>93911829
Well that'll melt the plastic bases and strip the paint off it but all those metal models will be fine.

>>93902239
Play some fucking >>93885837 shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.