[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FUHHlc4UAAEl2ZO.jpg (711 KB, 1810x2560)
711 KB
711 KB JPG
Why are there so many people failed attempts at real plays?

A tiny number of them are succesful and you can easily tell that the players are trained, they have graphic designers, they spend full work days promoting and doing PR. It's a type of content that needs a ton of effort to work, it's not a formula. If anything it's worse than other things they could be doing. And yet I've been invited to a couple, I've seen half a dozen failed ones that couldn't get to 1k subs and I'm sure that there were many more where I wasn't part of the tiny group checking them. What makes people think it's a good use of their time? Why would you want to get an audience on your game?
>>
>Why are there so many people failed attempts at real plays?
Wat
>>
>>93909094
What are you even asking
>>
>>93909216
>why are there so many people trying to make/play niche games?
At least that's what little sense I can make of OP's broken post.
>>
He's asking "why is not every group streaming a session the next critical role?"
>>
>>93909367
aren't streams called real plays? the japanese books are called replays, I assumed they meant it as a replay of something that happened like in sports.
>>
>>93909389
Oh well that's easy then : because livestreaming is such a massively overcrowded market where the majority of streamers have an audience of less than 5 that Twitch itself says the best way to grow the audience for your livestream is to do something else.
>>
Ego and lack of perspective. It's easy to stream and you don't see how much effort succesful people put to get there.
Maybe they have low expectatives, being watched by 10 people is a lot compared to zero.

>>93909389
>What makes people think it's a good use of their time? Why would you want to get an audience on your game?
I though it was the opposite of that
>>
>why do people want to become internet famous and make bank from their hobby
What a weird question. I mean obviously it isn't remotely that easy, but the incentives are obvious.
>>
>>93909439
The way I saw it he was wondering why would anyone go through the effort of setting everything up just to then fail and remain in obscurity. The answer is clearly that they do it in the hope of not failing. Only a handful make it big, but that doesn't stop people from trying.

As for why would anyone want to do it in the first place, even with money out of the question? Lots of people want to be recognised and live their 15 minutes of glory, often enough throwing away their dignity to achieve it. Think anyone doing stupid things when on camera in the past, and now with youtube, tiktok and all that crap you can do it constantly. No wonder they get addicted. There's people uploading on youtube videos of them committing crimes ffs.
>>
You see popular stream game, and you think MY GAME IS COOLER, and you're completely right because your game is a real game whereas popular stream is an entertainment product for strangers. Then you try to make an entertainment product for strangers and you fail.
>>
File: What am I reading.gif (1.37 MB, 430x360)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>93909094
... the fuck?
>>
>>93910134
/thread
>>
>>93909094
Do you get that the actual plays that are popular took time to get that way? You're essentially asking
>Why do people even bother trying if they aren't just already successful? What's even the point.

I'm also going to guess that you'd view anything less than Crit Role or d20 as absolute failure. There are a bunch of smaller podcasts who basically get paid a bit of extra cash to do what they'd be doing anyway. Why wouldn't you attempt to do that?
>>
>>93909389
Critical is played by professional actors. The average streamer has little charisma.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.