[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1724078407874804.jpg (789 KB, 1000x1431)
789 KB
789 KB JPG
I have dmed since 1985. Ofc I've ran other games, notably Shadowrun, VtDA, Rifts ( specifically tmnt stuff), some tw:20000, all to various degrees of success. Also, I love Faerun, even with all its warts.

I just want to bond with you guys because so many of you are quite a bit smarter than me and I could learn from you. In fact, I already have. So can we please just have a generic thread about anything Tg related? Get it off your chest, man. I'm ol skool, other if you're woke or not
>>
>>93916616
Idgaf* if you're woke or not
>>
Bump
>>
File: 1726525868338830m.jpg (143 KB, 1024x1024)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>
>>93916616
I want to design the platonic ideal of a D&D adventure to introduce my close friend to the game. It must have:
• at least one dungeon
• at least one dragon
• treasure
And be suitable for low levels.

Other things that would be nice:
• undead for the cleric to turn
• a weird monster like an ooze or mold
• at least one trap
• verticality
I also like the idea of it working for multiple editions.

I’m thinking of setting the adventure at a small keep that was ruined in a battle between spell casters many years ago and left to erode. The main building is mostly destroyed, but its dungeon remains. I’m thinking kobolds as servants to the dragon would be a good introductory monster to fight. My first thought is to have the dragon in the deepest part of the dungeon, but realistically a dragon might prefer to roost in a remaining tower if it’s available, and I like the idea of the PCs having something to climb.

I think the first combat encounter should be kobolds patrolling the outside of the ruins, and attacking the party on sight. I was thinking that I could have a couple charge into melee while the others stay really far away and sling bullets from an elevated part of the ruin (first floor of the keep which doesn’t have stairs to it), but that might be too complicated for a beginning player.

I’m also having a bit of trouble justifying why undead could share a dungeon with the dragon and kobolds. A kobold necromancer might raise the difficulty and power level too high.

I also haven’t figured out a plot. The adventure should have a village or small town as a place to rest and get supplies from. But if there is a populated area nearby, why wouldn’t anybody have tried to rebuild the castle before? It must be in a strategic location or it wouldn’t have been built in the first place. And why would the PCs want to go to the ruin?

Another question I haven’t answered is if the adventure should take 1 session. New D&D says ye, old no
>>
>>93921172
Is this AI

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.