[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: daniel-protsenko-ships1.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1920)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
Ahoy, Landlubbers. What are some good Fantasy Naval games?

All I can think of is Kings of War: Armada, since Man o' War and Uncharted Seas are both dead for the time being.

Also feel free to post fantasy naval art.
>>
File: daniel-protsenko-ships2.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1920)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>>
File: 329692.png (1.53 MB, 900x1141)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
Maybe, I've played Ironclaw but not this supplement specifically.
>>
>>93916716
7th Sea has heaps of support
>>
File: ship1.jpg (243 KB, 1600x1434)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>93916898
>>93917055
Neat, what kinda ship building rules do they have?
>>
>>93916716
Honor+Intrigue had a naval combat and ship building subsystem. Not hyper gritty but functional.
>>
>>93916716
Galleys and Galleons
>>
File: 198264.jpg (56 KB, 351x530)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>
File: Pirate+Borg+Banner+16x9.jpg (357 KB, 1500x844)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
>>93916716
Despite the flack of Mork Borg being a bit love it or hate it. I found Pirate Borg has mostly worked alot better, you feel a bit more capable as a character with the start classes if you opt to use them giving a good varity of characters when compared to Mork Borgs "Your a shitsnipe from sicknesstown with a rusty pissknife and Aids" The ship system works for what it needs to do and the variety of stuff in the setting is quite fun there is even a popular module for running solo games with it.
>>
>>
Is there a game where winds are central to the movements of the ships?
That was my big disappointment
with Dreadfleet
Captcha 4PR Goy
>>
File: IMG_1896.jpg (2.41 MB, 4032x3024)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
I enjoy Dreadfleet. It needs some house rules (1 fate card per turn, for example).

I need to play more games w it. Would love to work out a better wind system and perhaps to chit draw and perhaps a trump system for ship orders.
>>
File: Grog table.png (224 KB, 521x539)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
Enjoy a Grog table! Roll a few D20s its great for a quick pirate back story.
>>
>>93922556
What happened to this image?
>>
>>93922556
I'm kinda disappointed I never picked up Dread Fleet when it came out. I heard that the game was crap, but models were pretty cool.

I do find it odd that the Empire has a huge steam powered battleship. Does the Empire even have a major port city in which build large ships?

>>93926149
They sailed off the map, matey.
>>
>>93926577
The steam powered ship is run by the dwarves, IIRC.
The undead sea monsters, however , I'm not too sure if it's the Skaven or the undead, given that the ghost ship is probably already run by the undead
>>
>>93916716
if you can get hold of 3D printed proxies man'o'war is still pretty fun. Not great and very unbalanced, but if you just play a few games now and then for fun its very colorful
>>
File: Bloody_Reaver_M01.jpg (195 KB, 936x686)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>93927429
>The steam powered ship is run by the dwarves, IIRC.

Sorry, I meant the large red ship in the back, second from the right. It's a traditional sailing ship, but the giant golden figurehead of Sigmar is steam powered. It's used to hammer enemy ships like an angry steam shovel.

As for the other ships, the mutanted whale is the Skaven Ship, the ghost ship is indeed run by the undead, as is the large blue-ish ship on the right.

Honestly, what I like about Fantasy Navy games is seeing how each faction builds their ships using their own technology and magic.
>>
>>93917391
>7th Sea shipbuilding
You can see for yourself right here;
https://www.scribd.com/document/508911859/304473178-7th-Sea-Ship-Construction
>>
>>93927429
The undead monster is crewed by undead shaven
My memory is fuzzy but if I remember correctly is that the skaven had their actual ship out doing pirate skaven shenanigans and ran into the monster which swallowed their ship and the skaven managed to somehow kill it from within as a final fuck you to it
Fast forward maybe a couple days. Count Noctilus was searching for this specific sea creature to kill it and raise it back to undead under his control. He stumbled onto the corpse floating in the ocean and thought that was weird but someone saved him the hassle and so he cast his little animate undead magic on it. He got what he wanted but his magic also accidently brought back the skaven crew it swallowed and they used their leftover ship parts to fortify and crew the undead sea monster. Noctilus probably didn't know what the fuck happened there but didn't care in the end since he got what he wanted which was more fodder on his side
>>
>>93916716
Are you into reconstructing old, out of print games? This awkwardly named game was the tits back in the day. Ships came in a tiny pack like Pokemon cards, you would punch them out and build them. Each pack included tiny six sided dice for gameplay and little reefs or sandbars. Masts would count as a visual indicator of health - you would remove them as you took hits. Later editions added sea monsters, even covered Pirates of the Caribbean as a licensed thing. You could probably recreate it if you print scans of the cards on thin cardboard at a local copy shop.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GZmP66qkMpC9diMaXj-Net-_rZ0vQY9S
>>
File: pirate-concept1.jpg (42 KB, 600x450)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>93916716
>Also feel free to post fantasy naval art.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.