[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download.jpg (220 KB, 1024x1536)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Should insectoid species be the Lawful Good equivalent of an Orc horde?
>Contain vast numbers
>Not much in the way of organization but still move in large packs
>Surprisingly industrious despite lacking a clear command structure
>Rapidly breeding
>Possess natural weapons and a hardy exoskeleton that makes them okay fighters even without equipment
>Tend to live in dense burrows or hives
>Collectivist mindset that emphasizes the good of the colony above all else
>>
Is your species eusocial? Clanlike? Hermits? What ecological niche does the insect they are based on fill? How advanced are they?
>>
>>93923418
Depends on the system.
>>
>first two posts are bumpfag and dotsfag
I hear you, though, OP. Non-evil insectoid species are cool. I have them in my spess setting.
Too bad we can't have them in current climate without some faggot going "lmao [insert Asian nationality it's cool to hate this month]"
>>
File: 1724818755442586.png (269 KB, 1200x1080)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>93923418
>should insectoid species be
Depends on the insect
>>
>>93923418
This exists, it's called a Formian.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (199 KB, 3084x2568)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>93923418
Should insectmen be able to reproduce (breed) human, elven women?
>>
>>93923418
I would call that, at base, Lawful Neutral. "Good of the colony" doesn't necessarily translate to moral capital G Good. They'd be a very insular culture with their own priorities, often to the exclusion or at least disregard of outsiders, that may not align with the good of the world overall. I think their community-focused, industrious nature and hierarchy do make them a shoe-in for Lawful though.
>>
>>93926979
Should you end your life (yes)
>>
>>93928917
Yeah, this
>>
If you have insectfolk you might as well make the whole thing nothing but different insects because there is enough variety in them to recreate the archetypical races.
>>
>>93923418
what about poland!
>>
>>93923418
Lawful yes, good no. "Good of the community over the individual" isn't capital G Good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.