[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000038959.jpg (27 KB, 300x450)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
So in my drunken stupor, my synapses danced alight with the idea of a tabletop adaptation of a video game.
Shadows of Forbidden Gods, pic related.
I bounced the idea off a friend and she thought it would be really fucking cool.
In the Vidya, your goal is to conquer a fantasy world with cultists subverting and corrupting civilization in the name of their old god.
So I though, why not make a tabletop system based around this? Like, players make their own gods with their own goals and playstyles to corrupt and consume the world. And, I thought it could be a GM vs Player sorta deal, but there's also the option for PvP as well with multiple gods competing for the same realm.

How would you guys build a game around PvP or even gmvp? Figured I'd ask you grognard for advice. It'd help to look up the game so I don't have to spend an entire off topic post explaining it.
>>
I'm thinking something along the lines of Mage's system for creating your own god. And some grand strategy mechanics, infiltrate with cultists, spread the knowledge of your god, spread and corrupt all while the GM rallies the heroes against you to attempt to seal away the great evil from their reality.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.