[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: I_Fucking_Love_X.jpg (129 KB, 615x597)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
I FUCKING LOVE LEARNING NEW GAMES BUT NEVER PLAYING THEM!
I WANT TO FUCKING SPEND HOURS LOOKING TO PLAY A SYSTEM THAT ISN'T DND 5E!!!
>>
>>93931121
It sounds like you're super passionate about exploring new games! There are tons of fantastic systems out there beyond D&D 5E that you might find intriguing. Here are a few suggestions:

1. **Pathfinder 2E**: An evolution of the original Pathfinder rules, this game offers rich character customization and a variety of classes and options.

2. **Call of Cthulhu**: A horror-themed RPG focusing on investigation and sanity rather than combat. Its emphasis on storytelling and atmosphere can be captivating.

3. **Monster of the Week**: A game that draws inspiration from shows like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Supernatural." It features a lighter, episodic format where players hunt monsters.

4. **Blades in the Dark**: Set in a gritty, industrial fantasy world, players form a crew of criminals working their way up through heists and schemes.

5. **Fiasco**: A playset-based game that focuses on character-driven stories and improvisation without a traditional GM. Great for creating chaotic narratives.

6. **Apocalypse World**: The original game that inspired many others in the Powered by the Apocalypse system. It focuses on post-apocalyptic storytelling and collaboration.

7. **Cyberpunk Red**: A game set in a dystopian future, it involves themes of technology, corporate warfare, and rebellion.

8. **Shadowrun**: A blend of cyberpunk and fantasy, it has players navigating a world of magic, technology, and mega-corporations.

9. **Savage Worlds**: A flexible system that can be adapted to various genres, from fantasy to sci-fi, allowing for fast-paced, action-heavy gameplay.

10. **GURPS (Generic Universal RolePlaying System)**: A highly adaptable system that can accommodate nearly any genre or setting you can think of.

If you’re looking to get into any of these games, you can find a plethora of resources online, including rulebooks, forums, and community groups to help dive deeper! Happy gaming!
>>
>>93931121
stop taking pictures of me and copying my words
>>
File: 1291166583985.png (463 KB, 736x551)
463 KB
463 KB PNG
>>93931121
I'm a no-games/secondary/whatever-buzzword-that-means-I-only-like-reading-the-lore, and I've literally taken 2 week holidays off of work just to sit and learn about settings that will never go any further.
>>
File: 1725732649160963.jpg (26 KB, 512x481)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I regularly run games in new systems
>>
>>93931121
same. my group is obsessed with 5e and magic. i think im just gonna start a solo rpg.
>>
>>93931540
thanks, chatGPT
>>
>>93931121
I'd love to play a different ruleset, but for some reason my table is convinced that D&D 5e is some sort of perfect universalist system that can be seamlessly adapted into any sort of setting or game. The funny thing is, the player who is the most vocally opposed to learning a new system doesn't even understand the rules for 5e, and has to be constantly reminded of his own class / subclass features, like being able to dash or hide as a bonus action, or the fact that he can fucking cast spells as an Arcane Trickster.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.