[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

pathfinder first edition
>>
was a worse version of a better game
>>
>>93932570
you're confused. pathfinder second edition wasn't out at the time.
>>
>>93932563
If you want to be able to build anything and make it work pretty well on the table this was the game.
Having the rule for free online was also a but plus.
>>
my beloved
>>
>93932570
why do people think this?
>>
>>93932570
I consider it a lateral move.
I enjoy 3.5e a lot more, but there's a lot to like about PF, most of all the base classes are generally better.
>>
>>93932570
>>93941643
Can't play 3.5 after it. Retroactive skill points, merged skills, unified maneuvers, those smaller convenient bits. Also no prestige classes is a good decisions.
But the biggest draw is a proper SRD.
>>
>>93932563
Bad setting
>>
>>93941741
Pathfinder is just 3.5 and people arguing it is better or worse are equally retarded.
I enjoyed it fine because Golarian was a good kitchen sink setting which allowed slapstick, subterfuge, or horror. Same reason I like Starfinder.
>>
>>93941757
Golarian was fine. If it is a bad setting it's because you made it a bad setting.
>>
>>93941741
>Also no prestige classes is a good decisions.
That's one of the points that I disagree.
I much more like ACFs + prestige classes than the archetypes, but that's personal preference.
Ideally, 3.5e with some of what you mentioned is about as good as it gets for me personally.
>>
>>93941757
love PF 1st.
literally never used the base setting.
>>
>>93941631
Because they played 3.5
>>
>>93941631
>>93932570
>>
margarine to rival D&D's butter
>>
Currently a year into GMing my 1e campaign with my group, at level 10 now so I can absolutely see the rocket tag combat really coming into effect. Still quite fun though, if anything I'd love for some things to be better formatted with tags etc to help but otherwise it's a blast
>>
>>93941741
>no prestige classes is a good decisions
Cutting out one of the best parts of 3.5 is the opposite of a good decision.
>>
>>93949811
Go make an another build that you are never going to play, Hasbot
>>
>>93932563
any general recommends for starting out with pf1e? or just grab everything?
>>
>>93956413
rise of the runelords
>>
>>93932563
Been playing it for 15 years strong brother

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.