[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DeathInSpace.webm (2.78 MB, 720x404)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
About to run a scifi game and would like suggestions for horrible/funny ways people could have been killed in space. Aiming for Byford Dolphin Incident tier.
>>
Bump
>>
You hand gets stuck inside the food replicator while repairing it and someone unknowingly turns you into a steak
>>
>>93940335
>Nose around an alien egg chamber.
>Go on to live a long life and die of old age.
>>
>>93940335
>mistaken for exotic rock due to steel and copper being detected in your space-suit
>suit gets a hole mined into it by microscopic aliens
>>
>>93940335
>strangled by EVA assist cable
>(un)cleanly cut in (mostly) half by malfunctioning pressure chamber door
>squished between vessels
>byford dolphin incident (spaceship toilet edition)
>spacesuit glove caught in repair tool, "degloving" is a a verb
>pulsar
>>
Spaceship fire!
>>
File: sharky's machine.png (419 KB, 797x530)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>93940335
>starvation after resupply consisted of nothing but Tang drink mix
>accidently destroyed ship after gaining super strength from exotic radiation
>brought alien butt weasels back to ship after away mission
>a rogue ai, knowing the captain is trying to talk it to death with logically insoluble problems, carries out a murder suicide
>carbon monoxide poisoning, the silent killer
>cloaked vessels unable to detect one another collide creating an invisible debris field
>space chimp goes berserk
>disemboweled by suction toilet
>hole worn through armpit of space suit goes unnoticed until waving hello
>space whales don't like the sounds of ship repair
>caught in rocket back blast
>lost in the Jefferies Tubes
>laughing gas and oxygen tanks got mixed up before the EVA
>fell six stories after artificial gravity flipped back on
>erotic asphyxiation in the holodeck after safeties were turned off
>harmful chemicals entered lungs while siphoning rocket fuel
>broke neck on ceiling during premature activation of jetpack
>water tank cracks flooding ship interior and drowning the crew
>burn up on reentry because of Made In China heat shield
>computer OS update bricks the entire ship
>>
Beaten to death with space rock.
>>
File: 1297120385667.jpg (27 KB, 144x216)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>93940335
The irony of my life is that I can't fathom being so uncreative that you have to ask people for suggestions like this.
>>
>pressed the button twice in the compression chamber because it took too long to start, ended up at double the pressure
>low-gravity exploration rover stunt gone wrong
>ammonia poisoning due to failure of the waste processing unit and the crew dringing strawberry flavoured pee for weeks
>shuttle mangled by faulty docking bay doors bought on Space Amazon (issue fixed by a firmware update to be downloaded by the buyer after installation on the ship
>ship keyboards shifted from QWERTY to ALIENTY as a prank, one of the critical station was forgotten after everyone had a good laugh and remained in ALIENTY when the keyboard was necessary in an emergency, the delay caused by misinputs caused the death of the entire crew
>had sex with a hot alien babe without checking for cross-contamination and biological compatibility
>docked the wrong way up, fell on their necks when moving from one artificial gravity to another
>critical ship functions disabled due to OS free trial expiring
>>
>>93945456
Instead of telling us how creative you are, you should show us.
>>
>>93945906
Stop begging, parasite.
>>
>>93947265
Any word on your janitor application?
>>
Go play some SS13, that will help
>>
>>93945456
>>93947265
You pathetic wannabe janny trannies are the reason why I don't come to /tg/ anymore
>>
>>93940335
Ship gets hit by neuton burst and because you weren't in the storm cellar you immediately receive 50x the lethal dose of radiation
>>
>>93948206
If I was in the backyard behind the spaceship can I at least make a save to run for cover?
>>
>>93947287
>>93947520
>gets told they're unimaginative parasites
>"WAAAAH WANNABE JANNY"
Nothing to do with moderation, retard. It's all to do with you being a pathetic, thoughtless content-scraper.
>>
>Space traveler gets mindbroken by a memetic virus and starts attacking random ships because he thinks they're all his enemy
>>
>>93940335
>Guy's future self shows up and attacks him
>in the scuffle the future self is killed
>guy realizes that means he's going to die unless he does something
>panics and finds a way to travel back in time after days of sleepless research
>travels back in time to stop himself
>>
>>93947520
I can empathise with being annoyed that some people are demanding content, for lack of a better word, without contributing anything themselves.
>>
>>93948807
>I can empathise with being annoyed that some people are demanding content
>demanding
Were you forced to click on this thread at gunpoint or something
>>
File: Traveller Death.jpg (176 KB, 1910x1286)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
Always good for a chuckle in Traveller.
>>
>>93948839
sorry my bad.
I am conducting a social experiment
>>
>>93948839
yes it's an orangutan with a gun, he can't read send help
>>
>>93945052
>Mistaken for rock
>Steel
Are the aliens retarded or evil?
>>
>>93949638
Their detection system is crap because no other race can provide parts.
>>
>>93940335

Zero-G toilets must necessarily have a vacuum to work.

Many spacecraft will just eject excreta so as to avoid needing to deal with it.

A cheap spacecraft might combine the two and just open the toilet to space when flushed.

An unfortunate malfunction and the other crew being busy could have someone die by having their ass ripped out, then all of the blood leaving through it.

Even if the toilet didn't open directly onto space, you could still have the vacuum malfunction and be way too high and not close.

Horrible and funny!
>>
>>93948361
>wow everyone is called anonymous here it must mean that everyone is one person!!
Gb2 leddit fuckface
>>
File: IMG_5006.jpg (55 KB, 1400x1400)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>93945355
>space whales don't like the sounds of ship repair
Space whales DO like the sounds of ship repairs, mistake them for mating calls.
>>
>>93949719
Not far off from the way many a Earth ship has sunk.
Poorly maintained on board plumbing makes all those watertight compartments completely worthless.

Best part is is that sometimes it happens without anybody even realizing there's a problem until their toilet is overflowing and just keeps overflowing because the hull breech is into the blackwater tank forcing sewage and seawater with the pressure of the entire weight displacement of the ship behind it.

So lainding planetside and having their only toilet and shower flood the entire ship with all hands lost because the hatches were electronically controlled and the system shorted out due to seawater flooding.
>>
>>93950515
Considering both posts made the same completely irrelevant mistake, yes you're the same pathetic person.
>Gb2 leddit fuckface
I thought I was a janny? Make up your mind, retard.
>>
>>93940335
>Vacuum accident in toilet sucks your intestines out a bit. Death by internal made external bleeding
>Stroke caused by cosmic ray hitting a blood vessel passing through the blood brain barrier. Vessel bursts causes a clot and a fatal stroke. Million to one odds it could happen yet it did.
>Defective gas valve breaks. Handle flies into someone with the power of a high powered rifle shot.
>Apoxia because of a oxygen leak. Cause: When the ship was being made one of the engineers saw a bit of dirt on the rubber seal for the forwsrd window and scratched it off slightly too hard with his finger nail.
>Space dust hits the ship at mach 10. Everything and everyone has several pin sized holes. Death from bleeding and oxygen leaks
>Irradiated from an abnormally strong solar storm. Die from cancer twenty years later.
>>
File: vargr.png (273 KB, 478x464)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>93949057
The classic.
>>
>>93940335
>exposed, by the reactor or stellar phenomenon, to levels of radiation that make Hisashi Ouchi's case look like mild sunburn
>space suit oxygen supply malfunction, lungs frozen
>space ship heat management malfunction, slow-cooked
>struck by high power communication laser during EVA
>excessive acceleration or deceleration, ranges from broken bones to human jam
>space collision, sucked out into vacuum while performing mundane activity such as masturbation
>struck by micro-meteorite during EVA
>the alien atmosphere is, in fact, corrosive
>hunted by relentless, sophisticated, intelligent military drone
>fallen into malfunctioning 3D printer, gets printed on
>only made it halfway through closing pressure bulkhead
>pressure wave leading to full body degloving injury
>space suit torn off, leading to partial full body degloving injury
>accidentally injected with high pressure hull sealant nozzle
>the brittle interior of the asteroid can, in fact, "silt out" the environment
>malfunctioning helmet seal leading to ejection of helmet together with eyeballs
>exposed to microwave radiation while passing in front of com array due to crew member pirating the full body of work of renowned Old Earth comedic actor Adam Sandler
>ejected from vessel fully suited into gas giant atmospheric storm
>>
>>93953041
>Hisashi Ouchi
Bravo, Tolkien.
>>
>>93940335
>do my work for me
the post
>>
>>93953688
Thanks for the bump!
>>
>>93940335
>Contracted an STD on an alien pleasure world
>Miscalculated a hyper space jump, ramming a red giant with your space ship
>Suffocated to death when a computer glitch caused the on board A.I to cut off oxygen to your part of the ship
>Devoured to death by an alien matriarch as a part of her mating ritual.
>Shredded to pieces in a sand storm on a desert planet
>Accidentally wondered off to the "sun side" part on a tidally locked planet, burned to death.
>Challenged an 8 armed alien swordsman to a duel.
>Disassembled into raw material by a paperclip maximizer A.I
>Impregnated by an alien parasite.
>>
File: 4nOrZik.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1920)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>Impaled self with a plasma sword in the middle of a friendly sparring match.
>Fell off a hover board into flying car traffic got ran over
>Flew too close to a pulsar star, had your electrons ripped out of your atoms by the overwhelmingly power full EM field
>Swallowed by a gigantic space whale.
>Stoned to death by a tribe of alien bear people on a jungle moon.
>Crushed to death by the force of your own exoskeleton/power armor.
>Accidentally teleported yourself into a wall.
>Got your arms ripped out after beating a monstrous alien in a game of space chess.
>Expose yourself to anti matter during a routine hyper drive maintenance check, exploding like a nuclear bomb.
>Getting spagetified when flying too close to a black hole.
>Suffocated to death between a space amazon's huge tits.
>>
>>93960203
>>Disassembled into raw material by a paperclip maximizer A.I

Any situation where instructions to the ship's AI are taken too literally: "Computer, pump the toxic gases out of the cabin" -->
>>Computer vents the cabin's entire atmosphere into space since CO2 levels were elevated above recommended levels due to crew stress
>>
>>93940335
>Byford Dolphin Incident tier.
Unfortunately, the delta P between a pressurized space ship and the vacuum of outer space is too low for something like that to happen.

Lots of other funny horrible stuff can occur in space though. For example:
>if the ship/station's radiators stop working, the crew will eventually be cooked to death by their own body heat.
>an astronaut's suit could malfunction mid-spacewalk, causing water to accumulate in her helmet and resulting in drowning
>you get separated from the ship/station without a harness, and end up falling forever in the void of space
>Chopped in half by a snapped space tether just like dock workers sometimes get cut by ship's ropes (DO NOT LOOK THIS UP)
>get stranded in space because your malfunctioning ship cannot undock itself from the space station, preventing the rescue ship from reaching you.
>Step onto an icy comet, your suit's radiator accidentally makes contact with the ice, causing it to rapidly sublimate and "explode" because the comet was hydrogen ice instead of water.
>>
>>93945456
It's a fun collaborative exercise anon
>>
>>93967640
That would imply OP was contributing.
>>
>>93971376
Thanks for the bump!
>>
>>93950848
I sure hope they self destruct the ship before the hull is breached and they all drown.
>>
>>93971420
I use herbs and spices, retard.
>>
>>93945456
please tell me you dont think like this during real life conversations
>>
>>93971932
That's strange. Every time I reply to your post, the thread gets bumped.
>>
>>93945040
>alien hatchling crawls out of your body at the funeral
>>
>>93972554
Yes, everyone has conversations with a completely blank mind, just like you.
>>
>>93972817
Good for you. Now let's push this shitty content-scraping thread to the bumplimit and let it die.
>>
>>93973297
lol
>unknowingly infected with a parasitic larva that only emerges after the death of the host

Might steal this.
>>
>>93973953
Possibly that subtly influenced their behavior for decades.
>>
>>93975604
My first thought was
>You all meet at the funeral for your mutual friend
>alien parasite bursts out and escapes into the ventilation system
>PCs have to backtrace the dead guy's life to figure out where he got infected so they have some idea what they're dealing with
>>
>>93940335
Nearby planet launches an anti-satellite missile and your ship gets shredded by a cloud of hypersonic ball bearings
Shipyard installed the the metal armor on top of the paraffin armor so when the ship passes though a radiation belt everyone gets acute poisoning
The air scrubber unit is located in the reactor room, and the reactor melts down spraying radioactive steam directly into the air vents (actually happened to a soviet submarine)
Waste storage tank ruptures and leaks into the no-gravity parts of the ship
>>
>>93940335
>Boeing assembled landing craft
>zero G asphyxiation in cloud of shaving cream due to can rupture
>roofer-tier space walk safety awareness
>foreign cosmonaut lights cigarette in oxygen rich atmosphere.
>>
Shill thread. Saged and reported.
>>
>>93982009
Thanks for the bump :^]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.