[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715726752970598.jpg (226 KB, 1080x1155)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
Post only the WORST world maps
>>
File: SlartBartFast.jpg (9 KB, 220x165)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>Weird jagged coastline. Who designed this, an alien?
>>
File: dragonfall.png (857 KB, 1063x720)
857 KB
857 KB PNG
>>
>>94095823
Wait, was that really a Hitchhiker's Guide reference this whole time?
>>
>>94095795
Little joke from my current one. It's an artificial island created by draining the Mediterranean. The inhabitants were brainwashed "new citizens," essentially orphans raised to be the goodest little global citizens possible, they speak Esperanto, have no religion, and know only the history they were taught by the hilariously incompetent Not-UN.

As a result they name their cities after historical figures whom to their knowledge were heroic revolutionaries.
>>
>>94095830
This is ass. Is this some chinese mmo?
>>
>>94095975
It's a bad map thread dude, you're not supposed to have clever ideas in here.
>>
>>94096084
/CYOAG/
>>
>>94095975
Everything about this is perfect. The Esperanto was the cherry on top, anon.
>>
>>94095975
>Pol Potropolis
>>
File: cyoag cringe.jpg (1.89 MB, 3840x2160)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>
File: Hymn Map - Cities.jpg (1006 KB, 1990x992)
1006 KB
1006 KB JPG
>>94095830
Heh, that's nothing.
Watch and learn from the true master:
(I think the colors were supposed to be climate zones)
>>
File: simmetry trash.jpg (343 KB, 1800x900)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>2 perfectly simmetrical continents.
>>
>>94095830
And only one or two polities allowed at a time. Even Westeros had different kingdoms hypothetically united by a single monarchy.
>>
>>94095795
Mordor and Assyria go hand in hand like cheese to wine.
>>
>>94095955
bruh could it have been any more obvious
>>
File: kaia archipelago.png (909 KB, 794x674)
909 KB
909 KB PNG
>>94096084
https://imgchest.com/p/qe4gl26oyj2
No but Tokhaar Gol would take that as a compliment. Tencent and their shovelware imitators are the only "western" aesthetic that is valid to him.
He's a laughingstock between the people that read and write the most autistic version of those pill pictures where they become single player RPGs.
https://imgchest.com/p/ne7bxpoky53
Pic related is from another example of this medium, by a different author.
>>
I don't have a pic, but the Twelve Kingdoms map is utterly odd. Symmetrical shapes? Ok.
>>
File: IMG_2989.png (1.09 MB, 5506x2806)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>
>>94097015

>Woodrow Wilsonville
>>
>>94103913
VGH
>>
File: khorvaire.jpg (1.01 MB, 2475x1528)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
I'm a bit anal about this but no one so far has convincingly explained these waterways to me.
>>
Would this be a good place to get a map rated?
>>
>>94096899
>None of my shitty cyoa maps have been posted yet
based
>>
>>94095830
OMG! DRAGONFALL!?!?!?!?!?! MY FAVOURITE THING IN THE WORLD

TOK TAKE MY SOUL AND MAKE DRAGONFALL 2: THE ASCENSION. BEST CYOA MAKER/WRITTER/PERSON AND WOULD MAKE MY DAUGHTER MARRY HIM 10/10
>>
>>94098142
A whole sanctuary for the touching of fluffy tail.
>>
>>94105676
a lot of them look more like ravines/similar that the ocean has filled in rather than rivers, especially that one by the mournland
>>
>>94098142
which cyoa is this supposed to be from/ aesthetics make me think something italics, also the stupid name
>>
File: 1701117562560014.png (1.88 MB, 1400x1095)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>
I LOVE PENINSULA
BLOCK ACCESS TO THE LARGER CONTINENT BY WITH TERRAIN AND BARBARIAN
OH YEAH BABY NOW I ONLY HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS SMALL PIECE OF LAND
FUCK YOU WORLDBUILDING
>>
>>94107111
Is this in reference to something specific or?
>>
>>94106841
Yes, Lamentations.
>>
all this thread is telling me is that I am very right to think lowly of cyoag, mpcyoag, and the jumpchain thread, having only scrolled past them for years
>>94107111
I don't want to build a world I want to play a game, you better believe I'm only thinking about a small piece of land
>>
File: 1710394527874521.jpg (118 KB, 1284x1373)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>94098142
>western continent is in the north
>southern continent is in the west
>>
>>94107549
>all this thread is telling me is that I am very right to think lowly of cyoag, mpcyoag, and the jumpchain thread, having only scrolled past them for years
Its essentially a general for people who make low effort homebrew settings, what did you expect?
>>
>>94107623
it always struck me more as a place for arguing over neverGM school playground fights. "nuh uh my build would be way better, look at these fine and intelligent choices I would make during character creation" tier shit with no means of actually backing up what you say
jumpchain seems more like some gaia shit. every time it squeezes past my filters the frontpage replies are all talking about how they're pokemon masters or how they're adventuring with a bunch of characters from whatever seasonal anime is airing
>>
>>94107685
That sounds about right, its a place for people to make shitty faux-RPGs and then for other people to theorycraft builds in an effort to break them despite there being barebones mechanics if any.
>>
>>94108287
>talking shit about people = trying to moderate them
retard
>>
wow this is just like cyoa but 2.0 thread
>>
>>94103913
>no new zealand
>russian empire in alaska
kek
>>
>>94109063
"Ancien regime remnant lives on in some difficult-to-reach periphery, while the main country changes due to revolution or invasion" a la PRC & Taiwan is very popular with the alt-history map painters. I do think it makes for fun imaginary setups.
I didn't notice the NZ lol.
>>
File: gm4swzlh8xn21.jpg (1.51 MB, 2835x2008)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>94106812
I get that Dragonfall needs to be as generic as possible to keep players from actually getting invested in the castles they're burning and the princesses they're kidnapping, but damn. Four continents yet Andor has two kingdoms, Mizuchi has three polities trying to become DRAGON EMPEROR, Kalgrim just has Viking clans, and Ixtacotak has nothing but a few city states maybe? It makes me appreciate Tamriel and Witcher a little more.
>>
File: 1200px-MW-map-Vvardenfell.jpg (310 KB, 1034x1200)
310 KB
310 KB JPG
>>94113866
Knowing Tok, Dragonfall 2 will be even more generic!
>Andor is now a single cosmopolitan Empire called... The Empire!
>Mizuchi is a bunch of anime bullshit clumsily fused together with hidden villages and kung fu monks.
>Kalgrim is the same.
>Ixtacotak was changed so Tok wouldn't offend the heckin aztecorinos and made into Pirate island.
>He never explains what happened to the brown people lel
Pirates would actually make the setting fun, fun in a stupid way but at least the Dragon PCs would actually care a little. Aargh.
>>
>>94095823
As this gay ass timeline goes on, the more I'm convinced we're living in simulation.

Probably a big fucking joke, too. Everything's just too comically convenient.
>>
>>94113911
>>94113866
You entirely misunderstand. Its not generic because being generic is the goal, its generic because the guy who made it drinks paint recreationally. It was supposed to be a totes cool and original setting with all the interesting factions in it, but it was written by a mouthbreather.

The remake is going to double down in the way all bad homebrew settings do, and focus on toks pet faction while sprinkling in various pop culture references.
>>
>>94103913
Amogus...?
>>
File: Lands_beyond_Rokugan.png (2.75 MB, 1000x1357)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
I dare you to name a worse map than Legend of 5 Ring's World Map.

Thats Not Japan on the lower right, by the way.
>>
File: download.jpg (280 KB, 830x519)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
Welcome to Runeterra (old)
>>
>>94114757
We're all characters in a heavy-handed political satire being authored on a higher plane of existence.

>>94115542
That's pretty bad lol.
>>
>>94115357
I work on and off on a CYOA during my, now very rare, free time. I'm halfway tempted to make my own version of Dragonfall in a setting /tg/ made just to spite Tok. Yeah, tg has rape Orcs... But tok has 1000 year old child dragons. And say what you will about /tg/, at least the chaotic (and bizarrely believable) political situations actually mirror real life with how quickly things can go haywire.
>>
>>94118273
do it
>>
>>94113911
In 3d the straight line mountains look stupider
>>
>>94118282
I have some ideas for a framework.
>Part I: customize your Dragon. Yeah, basically the same shit tok did but you don't need to fix something that's not broken. That was the best part of Dragonfall by far.
>Part 2: starting location. The colonial monster CYOA kind of inspired this one. Do you appear in the west where you're having to deal with absolutist monarchs and cannonballs, or in the New World where you have a idealistic young republic ruthlessly expanding in any and all directions? Or do you roll the dice in the desert with ailing Sultanates and Asshur's fucked up children?
>Part 3: friends and enemies. More like the HP system where you pick two besties and one Malfoy to start with. More allies can be added in time and taking another rival can add you extra character creation points.
>Part 4: the 'pacts' are less religious and more ideological as you're already beholden to the whims of the Dragon god. In fact, the religious options resemble the Builders from Thief or the teachings of Calvin and Luther... Shit, the counter reformation and the ancien' regime are going to be options for sure. The weakest option by far is republicanism because they're not only secular and dislike the concept of magic bloodline bullshit as it legitimizes the concept of the divine right, but they're supposed to be the hard option.
>Part 5: just a bunch of funkdog adventures. Want to liberate a colony and start your own republic? Want to end the Orc threat once and for all? Wanna just chill and fuck around with guys that look like Mozart and Bach? Wanna hunt Moby Dick? Do you want to find the magic lamp? Wanna help your old friend Long John find the buried treasure? Wanna marry your waifu and retire to a nice plantation where the next generation of Dragons will take nest? You can do all that and more.
Just gotta learn GIMP which is easier said than done.
>>
>>94118585
I recommend photoshop, its the standard for a reason. SDA has some decent tutorials if you need the basics (and the basics is all you need to make something that looks better than Toks cyoa)
>>
>>94118585
That one was fun. The rape orcs quickly got supplanted by the politicking of the nobility, the slave trade, and whaling.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.