[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SmotheringTithe.jpg (370 KB, 919x1280)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
Previous: >>94165303

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net
https://www.archidekt.com
https://www.moxfield.com

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>how to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>Thread Question/Prompt:
Whats the first precon you ever bought?
>>
File: greyfax.jpg (52 KB, 310x440)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>TQ

Forces of the Imperium.
>>
>>94173885
faceless menace
the morph one. came with one of my favorite legends, nu-volrath. still have him around because there are counter synergies almost in every set and I love fiddling with decks
>>
>>94173885
>TQ
Merciless rage, made it into a Chainer, adept deck, then it evolved into Slimefoot and Squee
>>
>>94173885
probably one of those gold bordered tournament ones i think it had metalworker in it?
ive never bought a commander precon
>>
>>94172049
Okay, probability is more complex than this, but lets just do some simple fractions.
Want to hit that 4th land drop? That is 4/11 or 36/99. Taking into account fetch lands though, you're probably looking at more like 38 for good measure. The math changes with some early card draw/quality, like sylvan library or brainstorm, but like many people here say, people generally don't play enough lands.
10 removal? What kind of removal? Board wipe? Single target? If you want to have interaction in the first 2 turns, then you're looking at 1/9 or 11/99 and those would all be 2cmc or less.
Ramp is similar to removal. You ramping turn 1? turn 2? You're not going to consistently have early ramp if half of your ramp is 4cmc or higher. In decks where I ramp on 2, I'm usually playing 12 2cmc ramp+38 lands, which makes half the deck into mana.
Those 10 draw spells better draw you a lot. You'll need to draw about 9 cards to reach your next draw spell next turn. Every less draw than that means you wait another turn to fill up your hand again. Lets say you need 3 turns to cast the spells you want before refilling your hand. Are all the draw spells you're playing drawing you 6 or more cards?
>>
File: 71891 (1).jpg (223 KB, 672x936)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>tw
2013 Jund and never went back
>>
File: DC MTGO meta.jpg (415 KB, 1270x930)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>goldfish updated their duel commander meta page because I asked them nicely on twitter
thank you based richard
>>
File: mimeoplasma.jpg (107 KB, 474x659)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>94173885
>TQ
Mimeoplasm, assuming you're asking about EDH precons.
>>
>>94173885
Endless Punishment as I'm new
I did build my own deck too though
>>
File: Chancellor.jpg (127 KB, 488x680)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>94173885
>TQ
Political Puppets. The OG Jeskai commander precon.
>Not commander lol
Feast of Flesh. Opened a 2nd Chancellor in one of the booster packs.
>>
is archenemy nicol gay bolas a precon?
>>
File: X4aEhWQxxy.png (1.39 MB, 1250x1142)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>94174065
The Amonkhet one?
It's four preconstructed 60 card decks +1 archenemy deck.
>>
>>94173885
Black guy equip deck was 20 dollars I turned it into a Risona deck.
>>
>>94174078
yeah, my first mtg purchase ever. was on the verge of either that or buying the planechase box back then
went with archenemy because it was 50 eurodollars and planechase was 90
>>
File: file.png (8 KB, 519x121)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>
File: P_20221008_173820.jpg (5.39 MB, 4032x3024)
5.39 MB
5.39 MB JPG
>>94173896
>>94173885
i've bought all 4 40k decks and i have all of them sleeved and in a single box just to make a "board game". I hope they release some more decks for other armies too
>>
File: IMG_9645.jpg (168 KB, 672x936)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>94173885
>TQ
Legend’s Legacy, I first tried turning it into an extra combat deck, didn’t like it, then I made it into a keyword soup deck and I’ve liked that version the most, next gonna try the more standard legendary token spam, the sentimental value I have for the deck is also a reason I haven’t just turned it into a 5 color legend only pile with Jodah Unifier- just wouldn’t feel the same even if it does solve one of the problems I tend to run into with the deck (average p/t is 3/3 or 4/4).
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
File: 1727712972937650.png (409 KB, 780x691)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
Unban Mana Crypt
>>
Thoughts on naming your decks?
>>
File: New Canvas.png (247 KB, 361x475)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>94174286
I give all of my decks little names if I can think of one for it, or a placeholder while I think of one.
>TQ
My first precon actually wasn't even a Commander one, it was Sacrificial Bam. Red/Black Artifact Sacrifice themed deck that I could not pilot at all and struggled a lot with cards like Rust Elemental. I found my old beat-to-shit copies of Disciple of the Vault last night though, so that's pretty cool
>>
>>94173885
>TQ
The Gwyn brawl deck, if that counts. Almost made me quit the game actually. If that doesn't count, Caesar.
>>
favorite token creature commander in golgari/jund?
>>
>>94174286
I name my decks the way Japanese light novel writers name their books.
>"This is Slimefoot Go Wide Ramp"
>"This is Thrun Voltron"
>"This is I Make New Rat"
>>
How many decks is it accetable to have in the same colour, I have like 5 mono black decks and 4 mono green, that's all I play.
>>
>>94173885
I bought the Neon Kamigawa Gruul precon almost entirely for this dude
>>
Give me your best uncommon commander. Or at least the most fun
>>
>>94174391
Legalize nuclear bombs
>>
File: Shrektacular.png (560 KB, 397x823)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>>94174286
Not needed, but can be funny. I have a friend who used to reference Shrek 90% of the time for his decks. Meanwhile I'm naming one of my decks "Storm of Vengeance" and it doesn't even have storm in it. lol
>>
File: OIP (16).jpg (26 KB, 328x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>94173885
>TQ
I got it from Walmart. I don't even remember if it was any good, I just knew that I didn't know the first thing about building Magic decks, so I used it as a template for how many lands, creatures instants, sorceries, etc I would put in my other decks. I have a fondness for saprolings to this day, and it's probably because of Fun With Fungus.
>>
>TQ
I started playing less than a year ago. Played it once as normal, once with the alternative commander. Learned that I don't like how Eldrazi play.
>>
Gay Bolas
>>
>>94173885
>Precon
Bro I sat down and cooked GARBAGE from the day I started card games. My first deck in any game was Hearthstone Inner Fire Priest.
I can't help being born a Johnny.
>>
File: IMG_5965.jpg (313 KB, 672x936)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
Am I missing any crucial removal for my feldon deck?
>balor
>duplicant
>meteor golem
>nevinyrral’s disk
>chaos warp
>kazuul’s fury (mdfc)
>null elemental blast
>tibalt’s trickery
>warping wail
>wild magic surge
>blasphemous act
>indomitable creativity
>nahiri’s wrath
>vandalblast
I also have liquimetal torque to turn things into artifacts for some of these
>>
>>94174374
I don't think anyone cares. As long as your decks are all different from one another, it will be a positive if anything.
>>
>>94173885
>TQ
Even though he came out in 2013, he still holds up as a commander quite well. Being able to use all the lifegain payoff cards without requiring many actual lifegain sources is arguably more powerful now than it was back then.
>>
>>94174286
I have named the decks I have online, but I can't really remember most of them, most are just shitty puns somehow relating to the commander, or other kind of jokes. Only deck I have actually named is my Tayam deck, which I named "Tribute to the Hungry Ones", but I can't remember much details, I just remember it from a dream I once had and I had "Tayam" once as my captcha, which is the sole reason I built it as commander.
>>
>completely crushed friends with oreo in the vast majority of games
shit's broken, it's really easy to play an instakill combo with just 2 cards and commander out. the value of several jund creatures is insane too. probably need to cut the budget down from $350 to a more reasonable price. on the pro side, games are really short.
>>
>>94174531
I would hardly call Balor and Warping Wail removal.
In any case, I kinda like Audacious Swap and Capricious Efreet.
>>
>>94174531
crucial
>Zoyowa's Justice
stuff that somewhat works with him
>Terror of the Peaks
>Chandra, Torch of Defiance
>Blast Zone
>Warstorm Surge
>Outpost Siege
>Goblin Welder
for fun
>Confusion in the Ranks
>>
>>94174531
Based Balor enjoyer. I love that goon for messing with people.
>>
>>94174614
Maybe it’s just my playgroup, but unless someone’s playing a dedicated artifact deck they’ll rarely have more than 2-4 nontoken artifacts, so because balor will trigger twice a turn with feldon’s effect, I can be pretty sure I’ll hit the thing I wanted to hit
>>
>>94174531
Not saying you should run these, but here are some more options:
Oblivion Stone, Ugin, Volcanic Vision, Disaster Radius, Chandra's Ignition, Chain Reaction, Balefire Dragon, Drakuseth, By Force, Shattering Spree, Shattering Pulse, Hellkite Tyrant, Spiteful Banditry, Pyrohemia, Sarkhan's Unsealing, Alpha Brawl, Waltz of Rage, Cityscape Leveler, Transmogrifying Wand, Desecrate Reality, Invasion of Ravnica, Karn Liberated, Ulamog
Also consider Wand of Wonder to use opponent's spells. Much better than old Chaos Wand. :p
>>
>>94174665
Oh right I also have zoyowa’s justice I forgot to list that one. I also have a goblin welder in the deck but never thought to use it as removal, mostly use it to recur my own artifacts using the tokens that are going to die anyway
>>
>>94174729
goblin welder can work in very specific situations as removal, but yeah, most of the time it's for your own stuff since it synergizes so well with feldon.
>>
>>94174386
Post list? I like him but not sure how to build efficiently.
>>
File: investor essex.png (310 KB, 609x588)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>They'll reverse the bans. My investments are safe. They'll reverse the bans. These cards were not design mistakes. They'll reverse the bans. My cardboard isn't worthless. They'll reverse the bans.....
>>
>>94174677
It can get pretty crazy if I can make 2 or 3 per turn, or more, if I have cards like kiki jiki, determined iteration, and orthion hero of lavabrink in play.
>>
>>94174801
I run 'em in Henzie so I can get the attack triggers consistently and then do some cloning & grave recursion. Paired with the Archon of Cruelty.
A friend of mine uses Orthion in Prosper to copy & blow up Smaug for a gorillion treasures. Frightening card, Orthion.
>>
>>94174797
>suggest to friend that I will not use t4 cards since all my decks feel too oppressive
>friend says he won't care about bans and tiers and will use whatever
>doesn't own a single banned card
>only card he owns that can be considered "t4" is demonic tutor
bro... I wanna do this for you, not for me...
>>
>>94174901
>Anon is a fag
>his friend tells him he doesn't have to be a fag
>but anon.... I'm gay for you
Shut the fuck up nigger holy shit no one cares about some retarded humblebrag
>>
>>94174901
Just do it anyway. I took out sol ring almost a decade ago and have never looked back. It took a few years, but a lot of people I play with ended up doing the same.
>>
>>94174911
Bitchass also used ellipses in the strangest second person.
>>
>>94174911
I want to stop making friend sad
>>94174915
>I took out sol ring
I guess it's time. Away with the crutches.
>>
>>94174959
Friend is sad because his friend (you) is gay. Turn to Jesus
>>
>>94173885
>tq
I bought it on release, changed it over time, and still have it to this day.
>>
>>94174599
Post list. I might build him as a pauper version of my Xenagod deck.
>>
File: 1720514603738934.jpg (102 KB, 727x1000)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Still my favourite deck
>>
>>94174788
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/o9PedB3pYUOYC-sZaNitow
This is my list as it stands right now, but I haven't seriously updated it for a while. He can be a bit tricky because of how very straightfoward his ability is: It's clear exactly what you want to do, so you need to be able to do it in either an unexpected way i.e. instant speed or make him untouchable first.
People who haven't played against him before might underestimate him, whilst people who know what he's capable of could err towards removing him asap just to prevent any future hassle.
>>
File: 1663997140187032.gif (3.06 MB, 640x640)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB GIF
>>94174386
>I bought the Neon Kamigawa Gruul precon almost entirely for this dude
Yikes dude you overspent on a single card by $40?
>>
>>94175149
No? He got an entire deck for 40 dollars, and it specifically included a card he wanted. Are you genuinely retarded anon?
>>
>>94175149
>almost
I put a bunch of bits into Phylath, and some elsewhere. But from an excitement perspective it was Kosei by far
>>94175165
Exactly
>>
>>94175085
jesus is based
>>94175105
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/zm7-gX_vG0ObUbtmEAGF6w
enjoy
>>
File: images.png (2 KB, 261x193)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
Is EDH playable with just 3 people? Should I change the rules at all?

We're going to be playing with precons since we're new
>>
>>94175205
I'd say it becomes less enjoyable the more familiar you are with the game. For a couple of bumblefucks messing around learning it won't upset anything
>change rules
I wouldn't no.
>>
>>94175205
should b fine with precons, maybe lower life totals to 30
>>
Why did Dragon Shield make their sleeve boxes smaller? You used to be able to fit a single sleeved 100 card deck in the box the sleeves came in, now you cant. Now Im going to need to buy an extra thing for each of the cheap shitter decks I build.
>>
>>94175269
I used two dragon shield boxes for mine lol
>>
>>94175269
precisely because you used to be able to use it as a free deck box
>>
>>94175269
I don't know when you think this change happened but I don't believe you. In 7 years of buying dragon shield sleeves I've always used 2 for a "deckbox"
>>
tell me about your fist commander
>>
File: Card for thread.jpg (1.51 MB, 3024x4032)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
Ever just rawdog your deck before the new sleeves instead of going from one sleeve to another?
>>
>>94175205
EDH is perfectly playable with two. Duel commander doesn't have any drastic different rules from Standard-EDH. Only difference in how you build you decks.
3DH is just an inbetween those.

I've never got out an intentionally said "Hey lets play 3 player edh." but when we're light on MtG player before or after our D&D games we've been known to play 3DH. It's fine.
>>
>>94175321
>rawdogging a foil mercadian swamp
PUT THAT AWAY
>>
>play with playgroup, casual pod
>Illuminor Szeras as commander, so nothing insane
>whole group whines when I do literally anything to interact with the board, like board wipes or just popping someone else's artifact
>whines when I actually use the effect on my commander
>do literally nothing to kill him, despite it being both a creature and artifact. Even point this out

I really don't understand why people who put no effort into building a deck get mad when they lose. Sore loser casuals are the worst
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 190x265)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
What are some of the more fun no-combo wincon commanders?
>>
File: 1711671547978236.png (59 KB, 257x245)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>94175321
No, that's cringe and childish and doesn't even shuffle well.
>>
File: file.png (256 KB, 322x526)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>94173947
sweet fucking jesus what??? I built this deck for like 10 fucking dollars
>>
>>94175375
I will, it's nice to just have them in my hand
>>94175430
Well it definitely reminds me of childhood when I didn't have sleeves, not sure if it shuffles well, I was just holding it/going through it like that
>>94175437
I feel like this probably includes shit like OG duals, etc
>>
>>94175437
>woah I build a cheap deck
>how could someone build an expensive deck??
Actually inhumanly retarded response
>>
Kinda bored with playing regular decks, thinking of building a deck with all the (cheap) "You win the game" and "opponent loses the game" cards. What would be the best/cheapest commander for this? It'd have to be 5c since Door to Nothingness would be in it
>>
>>94175456
>I was just holding it/going through it like that
In that case, no I just sleeve it one card at a time. Resleeving takes too long and I don't want to risk damaging the cards. I hate looking at little knicks and stuff when playing, I'm picky like that. Unless it's an old card, then the wear is kinda cool.
>>
>>94175437
DC is a competitive format (at least on MTGO, I never played it in paper)
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/duel_commander-grist-the-hunger-tide#paper
bayou + sheoldred + bowmasters + demonic tutor is already almost $600
>>
>>94175421
Blex is nice, cheap, and easy to upgrade. You can either go tribal or reanimator, he likes miracles as well.
You probably aren't going to be playing him as a creatures unless your reanimating him so he is effectively a 4 mana commander instead of a 3 mana one.
>>
File: file.png (647 KB, 833x618)
647 KB
647 KB PNG
Is there any realistic way to win with this? Since decks have to have exactly 100 cards? Like I get why it's never been banned I just find it funny that you're able to put it in a deck
>>
>>94175512
You could do it by using those "get cards from outside the game" cards, then shuffling everything into your library.
>>
>>94175484
That's fair, it's an interesting feel to see/touch them like that as a whole. I found a pack of still-sealed matte black Dragonshields so I decided to swap it over, but I couldn't resist giving it a bit of a feel.
>>
>>94175512
There are no concrete ways of doing it, but that being said...
Claire d'loon is the easiest method of it. Make tokens and shuffle them back in. Silver-border card so you'll need to clear it.
Wish cards are also now technically legal since the RC's rule on them not working in EDH isn't in WotC's version of the rules. Just recycle wish effects until you have 200 then shuffle them back in.
>>
>>94175512
They're going to make Conjure a paper mechanic at some point, so you just need to do that until you have enough cards.
>>
Is this a decent draw option in monowhite?
>>
File: file.png (1.16 MB, 672x936)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>94175580
We're getting closer each year. I was astounded at Garth, Oracle took it to a new fuckin level
>>
>>94175591
>>94175580
Just wait until they add another minigame mechanic where you and your opponent have to compete over completing a dungeon, oh wait, they already did that and an amusement park as well.
Might as well have us bus out the miniatures and shahrazad while we're at it.
Long gone are the days of a deck, tokens, and a dice/paper & pen for life count.
>>
>>94175590
No. Your opponent untaps with those three cards before you do, their cards will on average be better than yours (as they are unlikely to be playing mono-white), and unlike Trade Secrets you don't get enough raw card advantage to at least skullfuck the other two players. Use mazemind tome or bankbuster like everyone else.
>>
File: combo.png (4.18 MB, 1998x920)
4.18 MB
4.18 MB PNG
I'm building a seton deck and this combo caught my eye. Infinite etb's, and when seton's on the field you also get infinite mana. In monogreen that easily translates to infinite draw as well, especially with some anthems. Pretty cool. Wish there was something like aura shards in monogreen, or something that lets your creatures fight whenever they enter the battlefield.
>>
File: ncc-91-boxing-ring.jpg (150 KB, 672x936)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>94175652
Just search for non-instant, non-sorcery cards that say "fight"
>>
>>94175676
This only lets you fight creatures with the same CMC though. Not quite good enough.
>>
>>94174286
My friend names his decks. I do not, but all my decks have theme songs.
>>
>>94175652
I guess there's Ulvenwald Tracker but you'd need something to untap it, which isn't bad as you're probably already running untap synergy.
>>
>>94175722
Not really, although once I make infinite mana I can always return him to hand too. At that point I'd just need a haste enabler.
>>
>>94173885
>TQ
Death Toll, the recent Winter one. I used to play EDH on MTGO a decade ago then quit and lost all my login info. Decided to start fresh in person at a local store a few blocks away
>>
File: mmq-3-armistice.jpg (220 KB, 672x936)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>94175590
No, this is.
>>
File: MRD_Sacrificial_Bam.jpg (24 KB, 260x358)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>94173885
>ta
Sacrificial Bam
>>
>>94174286
I give them theme songs, so I guess you could consider the titles of those songs their names.
>>
>>94174286
Every single one of my moxfield decks has some stupid name.
>look how much dirt i can swallow (Radagast, Wizard of Wilds)
>you really don't need that many arms bro (Master of Keys)
>the muscaria man (The Mycotyrant)
>heart of the cards (Elsha of the Infinite)
>ethical dopamine generator (Ghyrson Starn, Kelermorph)
>dunharrow disco (King of the Oathbreakers)
>>
>>94175652
Close enough, I guess
>>
>>94175865
That's perfect actually. I could use that paired with kamahl to also snipe everyone's lands. Thanks.
>>
>>94175590
Most definitely is. Feel free to not play it though and I will be here with a full grip 24/7 in mono white
>>
>TQ
Mizzex Seize Control was first EDH precon. Eventually dismantled it for Niv, but I don’t play Niv anymore as it doesn’t require any player interaction.

7th edition Infestation precon was first MTG precon. Still have most of the deck.
>>
File: IMG_20241017_0346436.jpg (1.65 MB, 1998x974)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
Manabase
>>
>>94175321
I've done that with precons when we just wanted to get into playing at the lgs.
>>
File: 1723963121365436.jpg (131 KB, 600x424)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>94176498
Yes, YES
>>
>>94176498
I really need to get some triomes
>>
What's a good place to order custom sleeves/playmats?
>>
>>94175321
Considering i run FBB duals, beta sol ring and foil grim monoliths in my decks, no.
>>
File: 788112.jpg (46 KB, 255x361)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
What do we think of picrel for edh?
I nooticed it took over SB gravehate slots in every competitive format in just a week. Even played MD in a bunch of tier 1 lists (mostly the ones running urza's saga obv, but i've seen few instances of UB rea, jund, eldrazi aggro running it too in legacy & modern). But i haven't seen it played much (at all) in edh, both duel and casu.
>>
>>94176768
The card is really good, but that frame is hideous. It lets you snipe important cards from turn one, but then turns into a backup win condition in the late game.
>>
File: 1716422462727816.jpg (66 KB, 1024x576)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
What commanders are fun to play if I like winning through combat damage (as Richard Garfield intended)
>>
File: tccjosh.jpg (57 KB, 948x512)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Anyone see this yet?
I didn't think I could hate Professor Faggot more than I already did...
>>
File: usg-62-back-to-basics.jpg (261 KB, 672x936)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>94176498
perfect
>>
>>94176855
>not including a TL;DR
>>
>>94176855
>hate person
>watch his stuff
Very sad
>>
File: clb-14-cut-a-deal.jpg (128 KB, 672x936)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>94175590
Decent is a good word for it. There are plenty of better options these days though.
>>94176839
Anything with red.
Better Aggro decks win through commander damage since 63 is easier to reach than 120.
>>
>>94176855
>hurr durr i'm so cool using slurs and hating things that're popular
holy cringe
>>
>>94176926
You clearly didn't watch this.
>>94176914
>Josh Lee Kwai gets pissed off and talks shit on Wizards and to a lesser extent the CAG
>It wasn't heckin wholesome enough for Professor Faggot
>He browbeats him and crybullies him into submission for a full hour
>"we have a responsibility as content creators to never express uncomfortable emotions" etc etc
>>
>>94176855
Not sure why people treat it like the Prof is bullying when it's literally edited and uploaded to JLKs channel which means he had to vet it.
>>
>>94176945
>You clearly didn't watch this.
no one cares
>>
>>94176945
Hasbro has prof by the balls. They can sue him at any time for appropriating Tolarian Academy, provably their IP.
>>
>>94176768
>But i haven't seen it played much (at all) in edh
Give it some time, the card will become a staple here too. Even banking on just 1 or 2 creatures with ETB or abilities is a banger. And if you manage to land it early you'll get more than that unless it get answered. But nobody want to waste a removal for a fucking 1 drop hatecard who already did half it's job.
>>
>>94176971
Regardless of how it came about the public flagellation itself was very uncomfortable.
Professor Faggot on his high horse, handwringing a dude who expressed a totally valid, non-toxic opinion and disavowed threats and violence of all kinds.
Doesn't change much.
>>
>>94176768
Goes hard in any crime deck
>>
>>94176855
It was a humiliation ritual. Kinda spooky that people actually think like this desu
>>
File: 1726097774009345.jpg (89 KB, 635x843)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>94176945
You shouldn't care about these people and their opinions. This is tabloid magazine tier shit.
>>
>>94176855
yeah it was extremely bizarre and I unsubscribed from both of them afterward desu
>>
Thoughts? Started off as a budget spellslinger deck but I couldn't resist the urge to put tutors in and it just kind of ballooned from there:
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/QPDflyUv50OqZnBeKUjpFA
>>
>>94176977
Probably not. Tolarian Community College is clearly a play on words of Tolarian Academy, it’s probably protected as parody.
Even then, it’s not like you get to just sue someone and reap hundreds of thousands of dollars instantly. In civil law you have to negotiate before bringing suit otherwise you might be penalized at a later stage, it’s called Alternative Dispute Resolution.
If they sent a letter notifying intent to sue, and he changed his name, that would probably be the end of it
Also not super wise on Hasbro’s part since there’s dozens of YouTubers that go by names of characters from their IP and shit, would cause pretty much universal backlash outweighing any potential benefit of suing TCC.

God I hate talking to laymen about law.
>>
>>94177111
Ngl, the only reason I would want to build Chun/Zethi is to be a dickhead and stall with teferi's protection.
>>
>>94177026
These people determine the fate of your format.
You are not more intelligent for choosing to ignore people whose opinions do in fact impact you just because you look down on the way in which they have these discussions. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>94176926
>>hurr durr i'm so cool using slurs and hating things that're popular
This but unironically
Slip the corpo leash. You do not have to censor yourself to protect the feelings of others, you do not have to clap every time a corporation makes a decision or shits out a product
>>
Is Imoti fun or an I always going to be archenemy?
>>
>>94176926
What slurs?
>>
>>94177237
Paying attention to them has no influence on what they do. Zero. The company that paves the roads in my town has impact on my daily drive but I'm not checking in on what they're doing and I'd be stupid to do so.
>>
>>94173885
>Whats the first precon you ever bought?
Ob Nixilis back in 2014. Immediately turned it into a Gisa deck
>>
File: 67 i.png (826 KB, 459x715)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
Sup bros you don't mind if I use a 20+ year old custom card as my commander?
>>
>>94177260
Holy shit what a smooth brain take lmao
You might want to pay attention to them when the announce they’re tearing up your street for 8 weeks instead of just being surprised one day

God what an insight into the normie mind.
>I can’t stop X from happening so there is no reason to concern myself with X in advance
Fucking wild
>>
File: Mirrormaze.jpg (1.26 MB, 2008x1866)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
I wanna spam tokens then turn them all into copies of something like signal pest to win the game. I know Brudiclad does something similar, but I feel his effect is more limiting on deck building.

I'm thinking Kykar or Alistair, which would you choose?

Alistair let's me run an extra mass copy effect with Echoing Equation along with green's ramp and token doublers.

But Kykar feels more open ended and could possibly make more tokens by itself.
>>
>>94177295
>exiles it for literally 1 mana more
Buh-bye
>>
>>94177298
Let me guess, you frequent those super right wing conspiracy social media pages, hm?
>>
>teenager watches ecelebs and then tries to give justifications as to how ecelebs are somehow important and relevant to the hobby at hand
It's like I'm actually on /v/
>>
>>94177310
Let me guess you smoke weed and call normal everyday tasks “adulting”
>>
>>94177298
You need to be at least 18 years old to post here.
>>
>>94177310
>>94177311
Samefagging to make your own side seem better supported is in very poor taste
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 704x132)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>94177320
How cute.
>>
>>94177308
>Card that is garbage but also 20+ years old
Magic as intended. Cards shouldn't be good. Stop FIRE and power creep with a 10 mana 4/4 with vanishing 2
>>
>>94177324
>right click
>inspect
First day?
>>
>>94177328
>muh heckin console REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
So predictable. Can't stand the idea that people think you're retarded, hm?
>>
>>94177303
You won't get honest opinions because half of the thread would refuse Alistair solely due to hate of UB/Doctor Who.

However if you aren't a historic heavy deck then The Brigadier is shit.
>>
>>94177330
>hm?
You’re doing this Linkara shit on purpose
>>
>>94177320
>3 seconds apart
>samefagging
>>
>>94177310
You're on one
>>
>>94177335
I accept your concession.
>>
>>94177337
>who in the year 2024 could possibly afford 2 devices capable of connection to the Internet?????
It’s a real mystery.
You really think you’re smarter than everyone else with basic tricks lmao
>>
>>94177335
>Linkara
Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time
long time
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 435x150)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>94177320
literally seconds apart you fucking moron. Imagine being so insecure you insult everyone who calls out your dumbass behavior
>>
File: 1728445901964765.png (972 KB, 745x1040)
972 KB
972 KB PNG
I feel dumb for falling for the obvious shitposting, sorry bros
>>
>>94177343
nta but at some point Occam's Razor kicks in. I personally think it's more likely someone else also disagrees with you and made a post saying so that took 5 seconds of their time, rather than one guy doing gymnastics to trick you.

But carry on. I'm not invested in your shit fight/
>>
>>94177343
>multiple people clown on him
>says it's a single person with numerous phones/PCs in front of him
My god. I keep forgetting why I hate coming to this place. I keep forgetting why I stop coming here
>>
>>94177354
>and the philosophy minor joins the fray
>>
>>94177363
I'm pretty sure it's the same guy because I've seen this exact same pattern of whining about ecelebs -> whining about samefags when people make fun of him like three or four times ITT recently
>>
>>94177298
>REEE WATCH THE ECELEB VIDEO
uhh no lol
>>
>>94177257
>is my value engine commander going to get me hated out
>>
>>94177350
>>94177363
>>94177369
It is literally...
>>
>>94177350
>>94177363
>>94177369
…this easy.
>>
>>94177389
>>94177391
Woah wtf 2 people saying the exact same thing within the post limit!?
How is this possible!?
Shit there must be lots of people who all happen to think exactly the same, heh I'd better skedaddle, this place is too much to handle!
>>
Right then, back to talking about cardboard.
This is my favourite card art ever and I intend to buy another one this week before they become too scarce.
>>
>>94177389
>>94177391
>>94177395
Rent fucking free.
>>
>>94177351
Just post more funny cards and I'll forgive you.
>>
>>94177460
Thank you for consneeding.
I hope you learned that just because you're not on reddit with your posts attached to a username, doesn't suddenly mean you're invincible. You're more than welcome to fuck off back there at any time.
>>
If I have stasis out and my opponent has paradox haze out, do they skip both of their upkeeps?
>>
>>94177485
Untap is not upkeep.
>>
Is she a decent commander? Does she count as group slug?
>>
>>94177475
shit bait
>>
>>94177513
I wish I wasn't stupid, thank you.
>>
File: 1693313033342895.png (705 KB, 640x891)
705 KB
705 KB PNG
>>94177462
I wish I had more
>>
File: 1722177268626729.png (380 KB, 522x508)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>>94177518
And yet you keep replying to him, dumbass
>>
>>94177528
nta actually I just see people going "hurr durr u reddit" and get annoyed at the stupidity of it all
>>
>>94177532
>heh I’m not ACTUALLY the guy who is blatantly mad, I’m actually a different anon who is totally cool and above it all just replying for fun
Sure ya are buddy.
This whole debacle has been embarrassing. You act literally like I used to over 10 years ago posting on /b/ at 14
>>
>>94177549
still shit bait
>>
>>94177517
Sounds garbo. Instead of saving my removal for your Commander under my control, I’m just going to save my removal for your Commander under my control.
Like how many times do you think that effect is actually going to go off at 3 mana a piece?
>>
>>94177562
>Instead of saving my removal for your Commander under my control, I’m just going to save my removal for your Commander under my control.
u wot m8?
>>
>>94176923
cut a deal is worse than secret rendezvous
>>
>>94177562
>Like how many times do you think that effect is actually going to go off at 3 mana a piece?
You talking about the activated ability? I see it as a "eh something to dump excess mana on" and not "everyone's gonna spend all their mana on this ASAP". As a super casual goad/lower-tier-chaos type commander it's fine. Are there better options? Absolutely, but it gets tiring running the same high powered/meta/popular commanders as everyone else
>>
>>94177576
No
>>
>>94177572
>>94177582
Meant instead of saving it for your Commander under YOUR control im saving it for your Commander under MY control

Point being there’s really no difference.
If you put that thing on my field I’m just gonna pop it. If everyone happens to have 3 open mana, maybe you burn me for 6, but then that’s it, it’s gone. Every time you try to do it again it’s less and less worth it because of Commander tax.

If it had an ability that if it would die it goes onto your field, and then can be put under someone else’s control again, maybe it would be worth it. But it doesnt.
So what value are you really getting out of the most important slot in your deck?

You’d be better off building Beamtown Bullies or Jon Irenicus
>>
>>94177517
I don’t know about using her as a commander but she puts in some work in my Queen Marchesa deck. The trouble I could see with her being your commander is she doesn’t really do anything game winning. She’s more of a temporary hinderance one guy while everyone else could pay for a free draw. But there’s no guarantee anyone will want or need to use her ability. You also don’t want to give her to someone that would sacc her for some effect and save their own creatures. Too many variables and all of them are out of your control
>>
>>94177613
>If everyone happens to have 3 open mana, maybe you burn me for 6, but then that’s it, it’s gone. Every time you try to do it again it’s less and less worth it because of Commander tax.
Lol to be fair, you could say this about literally every commander in the game.
>cool value commander at 5 mana dies to Doom Blade okay pay up 7 mana next turn
I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying for the sake of saying
>>
>>94177623
>Lol to be fair, you could say this about literally every commander in the game.
No, because good Commanders are worth recasting.
I’m not trying to say “does to removal lol”
I’m saying you’re putting something on the board that isn’t going to live a single turn, and with its ability being static it inherently becomes less and less worthwhile to recast.

Whereas there are commanders that can actually increase in value to you as the game goes on, making recasting worthwhile.
>>
>>94177635
>I’m saying you’re putting something on the board that isn’t going to live a single turn
There's no way to know this for sure, ever. There's no guarantee the person you're giving it to has removal in hand and ready to go. And since you're not giving her to someone with a sac outlet, I'd gamble on giving her to someone with the smallest board state. Once again, I'm not saying she's great or she should be ran, only that it's different than the usual stuff I see at the LGS. She's not *terrible*, but she's not great
>>
>Marina Vendrell deck has a bunch of ways to force a draw if I am losing and hate everyone
I want to be a spiteful fuck threatening to draw the game if someone attacks me.
>>
File: file.png (1.65 MB, 672x936)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>94177661
You know what must be done.
>>
Is there a good place to find full deck breakdowns or tech explanations? Video or text, either is fine.

I'm relatively new and most of my decks are either generic EDHrec value piles (Tatyova, Zimone) or variable-quality things I've scraped together using Scryfall to find obvious synergies. I don't have any decks using blink/combo/theft/spellslinger type of stuff. I don't want to go full high power and blowout everyone, but I do want to start stepping into more complex builds, and my knowledge of all but the most recent sets is painfully limited.
>>
>>94177649
Yeah cool, anon. RNG! I guess if everything is just random then there is no good or bad!

We don’t live in that world. Not knowing what someone might do is not good enough.
Assuming people are holding removal for commanders anyway, all you have done is put your Commander on someone else’s field for nothing. She has no protection, she doesn’t get more powerful as the game goes on. At absolute best, if everyone has 3 open mana, the controller gets burned for 6 at instant speed and everyone draws but them. Then she’s dead, and that 1 effect gets more and more expensive for YOU to pull off.

Compare that to Beamtown Bullies that can set up a grave with insane mana cost creatures and then give them to your opponents goaded for free
Or Jon Irenicus who needs up the creatures he gives goaded and makes them unsackable, meaning you can give creatures that have really negative effects but can’t die to their own sac condition.

Those commanders literally do the same thing as this Commander but infinitely better because you have a range of options that change as the game goes on instead of just being 1 effect that increasingly becomes less and less worth it
>>
File: 1301573198342.gif (1022 KB, 245x187)
1022 KB
1022 KB GIF
>>94177672
>>
>>94177672
>people should only play to win and never to have fun
Christ dude that kinda shit is why I left the /mtg/ thread and came here. Who cares how good or bad something is? I just wanna have fun, fucks sake
>>
File: Navigation Orb.jpg (90 KB, 488x680)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Pic rel should have been 2 to play and 3 to sac. Change my mind.
>>
>>94177674
Yeah post your shitty meme reactions boomer.
It’s a shit Commander. You only ever get 1 effect, no protection or recursion. Compared to two different commanders that will do everything that card does but better

I don’t know why you’re digging your heels in so hard. She’s a bad choice for the most important slot in your deck.
>>
File: 1296430210674.jpg (4 KB, 126x118)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>94177692
>>
>>94177694
I like this one more than that shitty ancient tumblr gif, thank you
The other guy's a fag though
>>
>>94177689
Holy fuck where did I say that?
You will have more fun with an effect that doesn’t get costed out the first fucking time it’s used.

I have recommended- out of the kindness of my heart- 2 fucking commanders that do the exact same fucking effect but with more variety.

It’s not about winning or losing. Put absolute fucking garbage into your Beamtown Bullies or Jon Irenicus decks, I don’t give a flying fuck. But their abilities objectively provide more value to you by any fucking metric, whether you want to measure competitiveness or fun
>>
>>94177706
I mean you are arguing and fighting over "THING IS BAD YOU ASSHOLE" and seeming to have no concept that arguing good/bad is irrelevant here.
>>
>>94177698
It's also a boomer image since flapjack is as old now as Rugrats was when Flapjack aired.
>>
>>94177670
Eh, I like to slowly learn everything by making decklists. While you're building, think "I need a card to do this" and then search card text to see if a card like that exists. Start with one commander and make a decklist for them, then do another and another.
>>
>>94177715
Fuck sake. Re-read:
>>94177517
>Is she a decent commander?

No.
She is not. She has 1 effect that will become too costly after the first couple plays.
Here are 2 commanders that will let you play the exact same strategy but adapt to the situation at any point of the game
>NOOOOO SHE’S NOT HECKING TERRIBLE WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN??? YOU MUST ONLY WANT TO WIN!!!! WHERE IS THE FUN!? WHO SAID SHE HAD TO BE GOOD?
Genuinely climb up high and go airplane mode irl
>>
Never seen someone seethe over Xantcha lmao
>>
>>94177737
Ikr? Why can’t he just accept that anon asked if she was decent, and she isn’t? I hate when people can’t just accept that their pet cards aren’t good
>>
>>94177741
No anon I'm laughing at you. This just got even sadder because that was incredibly obvious
>>
>>94177737
Trolling is an artform and /edhg/ is the Australian's canvas.
>>
>>94177729
I'm not reading shit because I'm not part of your dumb fucking argument. Maybe just give shit up instead of continuing and looking bad to passer bys
>>
>>94177517
Problem with Xantcha is that she dies once someone on the other half of the table players a bigger creature. Her activated ability isn't very good either because reasons. There are about 100 Rakdos legends now, so you can probably find a better commander.
>>
Why does this general pretend it plays at cEDH tables and not shit tables and shops where they ban fast mana and extra turns and infinite combos?
>>
>>94177813
I play exclusively on tabletop simulator with my friends and there's no banlist beyond not being a faggot
It's fun
>>
>>94177822
Sounds like a custom format thing you made up. Like how my friends in school would play yugioh with anime rules.
>>
>>94177785
>it’s not about whether the card is good!
>yes it is look at what the original anon asked
>im not reading shit
Lmao
>>
File: 1701766815790829.jpg (313 KB, 612x716)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>94177828
>>
>>94177834
You don't play commander. "NO BANLIST" Is not commander.
>>
>>94177847
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>94177852
The Australian has moved on from saying Xabtcha is good to saying playing no banlost means you’re not playing Commander
>>
Anyone run high quality proxies? Cards are so damn expensive I'm considering it.
>>
>tq

growing up sucks
>>
>>94177986
you mean counterfits?
>>
>>94177986
I am, but you would never know just by looking.
>>
>>94177111
No nexus of fate? Not a fan of infinite combos? Very easy to do in azorius where you have access to frand abolisher and such.
>>
File: file.png (1.49 MB, 1000x1000)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>94173885
>TQ
This one. It sucks ass to the point where it feels like I'm playing a Standard deck.
>>
>>94178008
You can't counterfeit fungible units
>>
>>94177666
Don't even need it. You just play Ghostly dancers or archon of sun's grace or gremlin tamer while secret arcade is on the field and unlocked. Now if you cast anything at all, the game just draws if no one has instant interaction to stop it. I find that hilarious, especially because it is piss easy to do on accident.
>>
>>94178034
>you can't counterfeit MTG cards
legally incorrect. I'd be picked up on bootlegging charges and copyright infringement.
>>
>>94177986
I'll probably be doing so next year. World is shit and I can't be bothered to drop thousands of dollars into this game.
>>
>>94178034
Long history of counterfeited coins sets one hell of a precedent.
>>
>>94178050
What if I'm making copies of things that aren't Magic cards like pic related? 30th Anniversary cards are playable proxies in tournaments.

>>94178061
Magic cards aren't a national currency
>>
File: gnome lady.jpg (154 KB, 672x936)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
how much of this deck is just getting sad that your board keeps getting wiped and how much is it actually attacking?
>>
File: m12-19-grand-abolisher.jpg (241 KB, 672x936)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>94178239
000% Sad
100% Attack
>>
>>94178045
>while secret arcade is on the field and unlocked
I hate how much of a dumbass sucker I am for game hardlocks like this. They tickle me more than anything else
>>
>>94178020
Which place/website are you using to print them out? I'm always afraid to try because I'm expecting them to arrive in the mail just printed on pieces of paper or printed with such low quality that it looks like a newspaper clipping
>>
>>94177997
>growing up sucks
Come home diaperfag
>>
File: WTGWOEFAE-100.jpg (103 KB, 1300x1300)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>94173885
>Whats the first precon you ever bought?
Luv me faeries
>>
>>94178291
The last time I posted a link I got banned. Just google "perfect mtg proxies".
>>
>>94177438
I still don't get why pearls are associated with White when they come from the ocean.
>>
>>94178347
Probably because they're white. Sapphires and emeralds come out of volcanoes, but they're blue and green.
>>
>>94178347
cuz they're fuckin white???????
>>
>>94178356
>Sapphires and emeralds come out of volcanoes, but they're blue and green.
And yellow and black
>>
>>94178361
Anything can be yellow and black depending on how you smuggle it
>>
>>94178370
Prison wallet
>>
>>94178361
and green and purple
>>
>>94177343
most predictable stupid post of 2024
>>
>TQ
Buckle Up from Neon Dynasty, which is what got me into Magic to begin with. It's such a fun deck for casual games at an LGS because nobody knows how to deal with Vehicles. It's not really strong out of the box and I don't have the scratch to really upgrade but I enjoy it for what it is.
>>
>>94178359
So is Quartz, Marble and Diamonds
>>
File: file.png (1.15 MB, 672x936)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>TQ
I've never purchased a precon. A friend described EDH to me and so I built a super control, shitass deck with this glorious bastard. It had like ~25 cards in it that allowed me to untap another creature/permanent, so each of my turns were spent tapping/untapping/tapping/untapping/tapping over and over to lock down the entire board. This was like 12 years ago when friends built terrible decks that didn't run a lot of removal so once he was on the board he pretty much stayed there. 10/10 everyone hated it
>>
File: file.jpg (229 KB, 672x936)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>94178424
Here's some cute tech for vehicles. They aren't creatures when you untap, and most of the stuff you tap to crew is small. Everyone else is locked down and you're cruising.
>>
File: 1646426933359.png (129 KB, 833x542)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>94178424
>Buckle Up from Neon Dynasty, which is what got me into Magic to begin with

>mfw i started during Mirage
Thx for making me feel incredibly old anon.
>>
File: qmalvdb091u71.jpg (14 KB, 500x300)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>at table with randoms
>one guy drops ragavan t1 and some other generic good cards
>spend the whole game trying to keep this fucker off my back
>topdeck chain reaction
>he blocks it with a free heroic intervention type effect
>next guy in turn drops thrumming stone and flips 30+ templar knights and wins
i would rather go back to the t2 avacyn and JtMS meta than play this dogshit
>>
>>94178461
Thank you anon, I can already imagine the players at my table looking confused when I explain the tech.
>>94178475
That set came out one year before I was born. I'm so sorry anon.
>>
>>94178442
Diamonds already have a mana rock series. Charcoal, Sky, Marble, Fire, and Moss diamonds. Probably why marble is also off the table, aside from it just not being a precious stone.
Quartz isn't precious either.
>>
>>94178480
I have lost count of how many games I've played where they were like "my deck is like a 6, maybe 7" and proceed to play several $50+ cards. Why yes, I do like how you got your 6CMC commander out on turn 2. Very impressive. All pubstompers should be fucking banned
>>
File: Card for thread.jpg (138 KB, 672x936)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>94176839
My main man Coram, the Undertaker. You can kinda coast on it however you want as it's just voltron at heart. Equipment, Enchantments, Stax, whatever. Or you can get more into his milling aspect with big creatures like Daemogoth Titan, Death's Shadow, Titanoth Rex, or something like Impervious Greatwurm. Or you can do conditional power like Malignus, Apocalypse Demon, or Lord of Extinction. Since he steals people's shit too, you can benefit more from stuff like Fellwar Stone and Exotic Orchard than most decks can (other than like 5 colors, obviously). There's a lot of ways to hit people in the head with a shovel.
>>
>>94178599
oh shit it's you again fuck yeah. How has the shovel-bonking been lately?
>>
>>94176792
>but that frame is hideous.
I prefer it to the normal one just so i don't get so look at le sassy pink haired ghostburster gurl
>>
File: Coram Deck.jpg (1.18 MB, 3907x2347)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>94178622
It's going good, gonna be putting in a couple cards tomorrow when they arrive and heading off to my LGS for TNM. Probably gonna try to only play Coram.
I'll be updating this picture for thread tomorrow too, but this is the closest to what it looks like rn
https://www.archidekt.com/decks/8002157/mortuary_moment
Current list as is
>>
>>94178648
>>94178599
>12 basics
folds to blood moon
>>
File: 1584560786458.png (269 KB, 777x510)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>94178496
>That set came out one year before I was born.
It's so joewari da for me. Just mummify my shit up already.
>>
>>94176839
It's winning with commander damage really, but make a copy deck with Ivy and basically have several voltron commanders all at once
>>
>>94178666
Jesus christ there's so many cheap auras too you could make a bruiser ass deck for like 20 bucks with her.
>>
File: ivy copy deck.png (146 KB, 1879x592)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>94178693
Yeah my deck was quite budget and it's easily my strongest. If no one has removal the first time I cast her, it's basically over.
>>
>>94178666
>>94178705
>251 cards where the text includes “enchant creature” and the card types include “aura” and the color identity ≤ GU and (the card is available on Paper) and the mana value <= 4 and it’s legal in Commander and the USD price < 0.25
Fuuuuck... you could create such a cheap but capable deck with her wtf
>>
>>94178656
>thing true of most 3+ color decks
so bold
so brave
so true..
>>
>>94178579
Not sure how having 50+ dollar cards makes a deck inherently cEDH
>>
>>94178708
Glad to have introduced you to her, anon. Go forth and be the annoying simic player at your tables.
>>
>>94178579
you sound like a giant faggot.
Plus stop inventing sob stories, nobody is landing their 6cmc general on T2. And if they run a 6cmc general their pile is de facto a 7 maximum.
>>
>>94178705
no Rancor?
>>
>>94178775
>general
>>
>>94178775
>And if they run a 6cmc general their pile is de facto a 7 maximum.
>>
>>94178781
Yeah I had it but I actually wasn't crazy about it, so I put it in my Yenna deck instead because that needed help with recursion.
>>
>>94178788
Thx for proving my point.
Now i'd like to know how anon's imaginary evil opponent magically drop a Sauron on T2.
>>
>>94178775
>nobody is landing their 6cmc general on T2
nta but I've def seen t1 land into sol ring, then t2 land with mana crypt for 6 mana to get them out t2. It's very rare but I have seen it more than once
>>
>>94178832
Impossible, mana crypt is banned.
:3
>>
>>94178775
>Plus stop inventing sob stories
>I've never had bad experiences that means no one ever has either!!!
Right. Sure.
>nobody is landing their 6cmc general on T2
Exactly what >>94178832 said. Sol Ring and Mana Crypt on T1/T2 gets it. I've seen it happen in back to back games
>>
>>94178828
Turn 1 island into sol ring into mana vault into talisman of indulgence into talisman of dominance. Turn 2 play a land, cast Sauron
>>
>>94178856
>I've seen it happen in back to back games
Sure thing.
>>94178857
Very realistic scenario too. Meanwhile in reality you are just happy if you have 3 lands in your opening hand.
>>
>>94178865
I'm not the guy you were arguing with but you said it was impossible. It's not. Consistently doing such would be impossible.
>>
>>94178847
>tfw LGS called the cops on me for playing Mana Crypt
>>
>>94178865
>it's not possible fuck you
>here's how it's possible
>yeah okay now do it 10 times in a row fuck you
Keep moving those goal posts, anon.
>>
>>94178874
If you played crypt in front of me i'd unsleeve it and tear it down before your eye. Respect. The. Rules.
>>
>>94178882
lel
>>
>>94178872
fair enough
>>
>Yeah, my deck is PL7
>plays sol ring and mana vault
You're playing a PL6 deck and you only think It's PL7 because you can sometimes have a broken artifact in your opener. Just drop the fast mana from your list and play in the PL6 deck where you belong. You'll enjoy it a lot more.
>>
>>94178828
I'll do better and do it on 1 going first.
>Pitch Elf and Monkey
>Sol ring with green
>Manamorphose for blue and red
>Swamp
>Dark Ritual
>Sauron
>>
>>94178693
>>94178753
From the few games I've played against an aura version of her and what I've heard, it's also incredibly disgusting. You also get a ton of auras that draw you a card. So combined with with 1 mana instants and sorceries that draw ou a card plus creatures like stormchaser drake, archmage emeritus, you just draw a ridiculous amount of cards for very little mana. Dude even took out sol-ring, cause colourless mana became practically useless. It's also naturally super fast since Ivy is only 2 mana and so are many creatures you wanna play.

But if you play auras, print out copies for Ivy. Otherwise no one will be able to track what's happening.
>>
File: 1665528978687664.jpg (34 KB, 428x450)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>94178905
How can you pitch elf or play 'morphose when they are outside of your color identity tho?
>>
>>94178905
>green cards
>in Sauron deck
anon, I...............................
>>
>>94178919
>>94178926
I'm stupid and smell.
>>
>>94178909
>But if you play auras, print out copies for Ivy
haha yeah I was already trying to figure out how I'd do the copies. And since a lot of these auras are like 10 cent cards I was like "uhhhh I'll just buy a second and say the non-sleeved versions are the copies"
>>
>>94178926
>>94178919
he's stupid and smells
>>
>>94178933
Yeah can do, or buy dry erase flashcards. Don't get gypped with "infinitokens"
>>
>>94178931
>>94178936
Normalise being a little stinky
>>
>>94178931
this guy here? stupid
and *sniffs him a little bit*
smells
>>
File: file.jpg (524 KB, 2048x916)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>94178933
You can also sleeve them in perfect-size sleeves or differently coloured sleeves. And since you don't need to shuffle them, they can also be cheaper sleeves you have lying around.
I did that for Ratadrabik and another copy deck.
>>
I'm so tired.
>>
>>94176839
sgt Benton combat tricks only wincon (ramp and fogs exempt)
>>
File: 1000001961.jpg (146 KB, 672x936)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Has anyone built her?
I absolutely love these low costed but deceptively efficient legendaries. There are obvious additions like other LotR UG elves but I'm attracted to idea of building her as fast and aggressive.
>>
>>94178648
>all different border jumble
>horrible deck design
Are you pretending to be a gay retard for attention?
>tripfaggot
Got my answer.
>>
File: 1000034320.jpg (211 KB, 672x936)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
isn't this fucker a oneshot if you somehow manage to copy Purphoros with his last ability?
>>
>>94179349
>5 copies
>each does 8 damage then dies to legend rule
>the original does 10 damage
Huh... That sounds super fuckin neato, anon
>>
>>94173885
TQ:
None. I just picked a card a liked (Surrak Dragonclaw) and I built my deck around him.
>>
What are you playing at Friday Night Magic tomorrow?
>>
File: Zoraline.png (1.62 MB, 1154x862)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
>>
File: 1000040824.jpg (217 KB, 672x936)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>94179487
I built a shitty 5c deck with Friends Forever commanders, so that at least. I probably will be bringing at least Coram and Ria Ivor too, maybe the Sultai frog if I manage to build it before going to LGS.
>>
>>94178347
>>94178361
>>94178442
Genuinely some of the dumbest fucking posts I've ever seen here.
>>
>>94178656
Good thing the closest blood moon gets to being played is by larpers in this thread
>>
File: 1000034326.jpg (160 KB, 672x936)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>94179487
picked up the mystery nigga precon so I'll be playing it some more before upgrading it. there's a dude playing slow and unoptimized decks so I don't want to steamroll him
>>
>>94178666
This is NOT how commander damage works. Your copies do not do commander damage. Commander damage is a function of the card specifically, tokens are not that card.
>>
>>94179677
you might sstill steamroll him, that precon is gas
>>
>>94178897
No I won't? Sounds like YOULL enjoy it a lot more you whiny faggot lmao. Slimy fuck
>>
There are way less ghostly prison effects than I thought. I wanted like 10 to 15
>>
>>94179690
yeah, I happened to flip the 15/15 wurm on turn 5 last time
>>
>>94179326
It's a pretty well made deck though. There's nothing sadder than a man losing his objectivity because he wants to screech like a woman
>>
>>94179673
The deck building abilities of /edhg/ are marginally better than those of EDHREC
>>
Is sacrifice abilities on par with counterspells for salt level?
>>
>>94179710
Only the really spicy, repeatable stuff like dictate of erebos and grave pact.
>>
>>94179682
In any event, you're more likely to deal 21 damage to each opponent with your original Ivy before you deal 40 damage to each opponent with any combination of Ivys
Just because you'll probably throw the real one at the person who can't block it and the rest at someone else
>>
>>94179326
>all different border jumble
every other week, I read a post from an anon who complains that someone's cards have different borders. do these people never play cards that don't come with a nu-border?
>>
What cards in white get around sacrifice and of protect from it?
>>
>>94179868
What...?
>>
>>94179782
>dictate of erebos and grave pact
don't forget no mercy
I was part of a game once where one guy had dictate and no mercy out, while a skeleton tribal player had dictate and grave pact out. the skeleton tribal player was just constantly attacking the other guy and kept wiping the board until he could finish everyone with some X life leech spell.
>>
>>94179872
Something that stops an opponent from making me sacrifice stuff
>>
>>94179855
This thread is 90% larpers trying to impress other larpers with how long they've been playing this game and how they've never bought a card cause they have a huge collection (that just magically phased into existence of course). EDH is literally an old folks home for faggy card players, lying to each other about their youths.

Some fag the other day was like
>people don't just use their collection so to build.... wow.... I would never buy a card!!
And when pressed it was revealed every card he builds with he has purchased!!!! But he did not give up the larp, weird general we have
>>
>>94179874
>>94179868
>how do I remove enchantments in my white deck
Real fucking head scratcher here
>>
>>94179868
not many options to directly protect from sacrifice
>direct protection
Assault Suit
Sigarda, Host of Herons
>indirect protection
token decks (sac is completely useless against those)
phase out
"long" flicker (exile until end of turn)
counter spells
>>
>>94179682
He never said it was.
Nothing there creates copies of Ivy anyway
>>
>>94179908
>Nothing there creates copies of Ivy anyway
Nothing where?
>>
>>94179905
Damn. Welp i cant run that in my mono white so i guess it's just that cloak that phases creatures out
>>
>>94179914
*points*
>>
>>94179897
What white deck?
>>
>>94179908
I mea. It's very clearly implied that he thought so anon. His reply to my post even confirms that was definitely how he thought it worked.
>nothing creates copies of Ivy anyways
>make a copy deck
>multiple voltron commanders
Okay....
>>
>friend says his decks are probably power level 5-6
>my own decks apparently are 7-8
>ask what he means
>he says he uses a shitty land base (he plays dual color decks)
what the fuck does that even mean? are my decks so much better because I use a $100-150 land base for my 3 color decks (so I can play most of them untapped)?
>>
>>94180009
yes
>>
>>94179915
Linvala Keeper of Silence won't completely stop them but she helps same with Angel of Jubilation.
If it's fleshbag type effects then you can use torpor orb and creatures with that effect.
>>
>>94180009
>is my deck stronger since all it's lands come online when played and I'll never be lagging a turn behind
You tell me anon!
>>
>>94180009
Yes. What aren’t you understanding exactly?
>>
>>94180009
Do you even have a fucking brain anon how is this a question?
>>
>>94180015
>>94180056
>>94180060
>>94180066
I just downgraded my land base to <$20 and I still have the same amount of untapped lands as before. am I supposed to actively choose dogshit lands so people won't complain about it?
>>
>>94180009
strong lands are generically good enough to make that possible i wouldn't downgrade to appease him though since most bad lands are just fucking lame and boring to play
>>
I actually looking forward to the marvel cards. Only because captain america looks like such a sweet commander.
>>
this raises a question.
how would you grade a tuned 2 card combo deck whose landbase is purely made out from tap lands?
>>
>>94180143
A 5 or 6, good tutors bring it to a 7 or 8
>>
>>94178239
you don't really care all that much about board wipes, you need to have protection for anim pakal at all times desu, she can rebuild your entire board by herself and kill at least one player in 5-7 turns.
>>
>>94180116
I'm one of the anons who said yes to your question because it's objectively true, BUT to your new question it's
people are going to complain about everything, so just run what you like. Use your $100+ land base and let your friend proxy better lands if they want to. If he thinks his deck can get that much better off of a more expensive land base, then do that.
>>
>>94178024
I do not believe nexus of fate works because of this line of text
>If Nexus of Fate would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal Nexus of Fate and shuffle it into its owner's library instead.
You can't get it into the graveyard to add it to your spellbook
>>
>>94179349
I use him in Purphoros 2.0 and basically anything you can copy with second ability is GG. Used it on a Combat Celebrant before. Just to be sure though, if I exert all of the copies of Celebrant, I get that many extra combat phases, right?
>>
File: 1695721334048728.jpg (138 KB, 961x724)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>94173885
Estrid's enchantress deck.

Can I kill an opponent by having Underworld Dreams out and gifting Vilis to an opponent?
Seems fun in Irenicus
>>
What commander has cooler art than pic rel
>>
New thread
>>94180419
>>94180419
>>
>>94180393
Question: do you care of the Commander is from Universe Beyond? This will change things.
>>
>>94180434
No but i doubt any UB has cooler art than that. UB art is usually worse
>>
File: dsc-132-blood-artist.jpg (132 KB, 672x936)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>94179905
As a sacrifice player I can emphatically say token decks are NOT safe from us.
>>
>>94178656
For what it's worth (not anything) I play at my LGS pretty often and have never seen anyone play Blood Moon.
>>
>>94176855
>I don't believe there's any situation where the RC deserves to be threatened of harassed
Lies
If the RC were suddenly possessed by the spirit of Uncle A, and banned every card and unbanned only Invoke Prejudice, Stone-Throwing Devils, Crusade, Jihad, etc., he would immediately change his stance on the acceptability of harassment
>>
What will the reaction be to playing this?
>>
File: IMG_5565.jpg (1.5 MB, 1092x1551)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>94184372
This being this

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.