[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 75676567675.jpg (223 KB, 817x810)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
What would you do /toy/?
>>
https://youtu.be/sUw6OYceV2w?si=Fbsmd6qQmTyQBaT_
>>
Would buy new ones? I thought about this recently and when I have a kid I'll let him play with my toys if he or she wants. I will soon get backups of my favourite ones, once they rerelease and keep them closed. I don't have many and the other ones I don't care enough about if they break. It will be sad ofcourse but like whatever. Stuff is made to be used and will eventually decay anyway. I've come to this conclusion while looking through my aaaaancient kid toys while looking for something to resell since they took up space.
>>
>>10923522
I'd start by not having kids
>>
>>10923522
Not be this retarded.
>>
>>10923549
It was his nephew
>>
>>10923522
From what I remember, the kids parents said they would help pay for it.
>>
So, to add some more context, this wasn't even the collector's child. It was his cousin's son and the room was locked. He was letting their family stay at his house because of a funeral. The kid literally broke into the room and wrecked everything, which was why his mom, the cousin, agreed to pay the collector back. In his shoes, I would've done the same thing of not giving up until I was reimbursed, or cut the family out of my life completely.
https://nextshark.com/otaku-gundam-collection
>>
>>10923522
I wouldn't say a single word to them. Id listen, and that's what no one did.
>>
File: vegeta-gohan.gif (2.66 MB, 498x278)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB GIF
>>10923522
It'd be one thing if it was a younger kid or an accident, but 9 is old enough to know better. Pretending this was my kid who did this to either my collection or even worse, someone else's, not punishing them in some way would be absurd and teach them nothing about consequences.
>Your allowance? Gone
>Your Christmas? Cancelled
>Your ass cheeks? Red
>Your college fund? Shindeiru
>>
>>10923584
>>10923549
I'd start from not letting his nephew near my shit. I love cats and have decided against getting one mainly because they can jump even on top of the height of the top of a door, so of course they can reach any shelf or surface and of course they can knock everything on that surface over.

They are cats, it's what they do. So if you know your collection can be expose to a 9 year old child, you keep said creature away from your shit.
>>
>>10923645
see >>10923603 If I remember the story, he wasn't even home when the kid decided to go berserk.
>>
Not have $35k worth of anime shit to begin with.
>>
>>10923603
Little bastards who impulsively break everything they see should be euthanized and their parents sterilized and imprisoned for making them that way. The child isn't going to grow up to be a productive member of society in any way.
>>
>>10923603
whose funeral it was does enter into it. If it's great aunt Mathilda who the kid met once when he was three, then yeah the kid's going into the woodchipper.
But if the fuenral was for, like, the kid's dad, then maybe I'd be a little more understanding
>>
>>10923522
This story is from 5 years ago. The person digging it up for ragebait clicks is a scumbag who deserves to feel pain and so are you for making this low-quality bait thread.
>>
>>10923653
this
>>
>>10923522
Blame myself for letting the kid in there. Even if a 9 year old should know better, I'm not gonna trust one, especially not my own. The room to the collection would be locked, hard stop.
I have a kid on the way myself and one of my purchases in the next year will be a locking glass display case and other than a couple desk toys, no more open display.
>>
>retards blindly replying to the post without looking into the actual story or even the rest of the thread itself
>retards replying seriously to bait threads that have been around for several years
>>
>>10923669
>>10923679
settle down you homos. we're just shooting the shit on a toy forum.
>>
>>10923667
>my dad died. i’m gonna break my cousin’s shit for no reason.
>>
Video of the carnage.
https://www.tiktok.com/@gdgunpla/video/7194418960077524251?lang=en
>>
>>10923691
>W-WE'RE JUST SHOOTING THE SHIT I DIDN'T REPLY TO A BAIT THREAD I'M NOT GULLIBLE SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP I'M NOT RETARDED!!!
Okay retard.
>>
This story always reeked of bullshit to me. A 9-year-old playing with someone's fancy toys without permission? Yeah, makes perfect sense. Breaking one by accident, panicking and then putting them away hoping to not get caught? Very plausible.
Breaking into a locked room to do it? Stretching it a bit, I guess one can assume he knew they were in there from past visits.
Absolutely demolishing the entire fucking room, knocking statues over and destroying hundreds of models/figures with no rhyme or reason? Not a chance in fucking hell. If a kid had the capacity to do that there'd be a hundred other red flags and behavioral problems the whole family would be very familiar with and aware of by that point, and the guy would've done a lot more than just lock the room.
>>
>>10923691
>t. discord tourist
>>
>>10923522
Nothing
Imagine being in a position where you can have a child in the first place
>>
>>10923697
>Tiktok

Fuck off zoomer
>>
>>10923522
Unironically kill the child
>>
>>10923897
Abortion should be allowed up until puberty.
>>
>>10923522
>small gunplas shit
>$27500
Sure.
>>
>>10923650
I have no clue how anons just have so little sense of logic. "i wouldn't let my nephew near my shit". As if he was in the next room waiting until his nephew was done wrecking his room. I swear some of the people here are clinically autistic and can't put 2 and 2 together from a simple headline.
>>
>>10923522
If my kid did that to your toy collection I would give you maybe 20 dollars for it. Who gives a shit?
>>
File: 1639606540757.jpg (66 KB, 1016x1423)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>10923522
Hold up, this is the exact same bit from 2008 but the name and date are changed. It's even the same old gumpla in the pic.
>>
>>10923603
Pay the collector what? The kid only throws the action figures around. The collector can fucking put it back on the shelf himself.
>>
>>10923895
Not a zoomer, you blithering idiot, that's just where the video was uploaded(or reuploaded from Twitter, apparently)
>>
>>10923929
Every one gives a shit and if you tried to only give me 20 bucks I would drag you and your dumb ass kid out back and put the fear of God into you until you begged to pay me back you poor ass cheap piece of shit
>>
>>10923939
The collector got what he deserves. He's a grown ass adult with that many toys. The kid probably did it for a reason. I bet the kid was raped by him or something.
>>
>>10923932
I gets farmed a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM877F7Zvg
This was the first "refresh" they did 5 years ago on the event.
>>
>>10923915
there are better articles about it but he destroyed tons of manga, DVD/BD sets (which are overly expensive in Japan. imagine paying $900 for 12 episodes), statueshit and other things.
>>
>>10923966
>there are better articles about it
This one's a bit more thorough and also has the video.
https://crazed.net/2024/01/03/nine-year-old-child-demolishes-35000-anime-collection-2/
>>
>>10923702
WE'RE ONLY HERE TO DISCUSS SERIOUS THING ON TOY!!!!!!!

I hope all your toys explode
>>
>>10923944
>I bet the kid was raped by him or something.
projecting, are we?
>>
>>10924408
Wow you're still trying really hard to not look like you fell for obvious bait!
>>
>>10923929
Have fun in court lmao
>>
Something similar happened to me, but it was my older sister.
She asked me for toys to give her son, I said okay and will pick some when I get home from school, I get back and my collection(o-ring joes) has several figures missing. I asked her if she was the one who took it, she said yes and she said she gave it to her son, I said I told you I will pick the figures I will give to him and her reply was she didn't want me picking crappy figures for her son.
I quit collecting for 15 years because of that shit.
>>
>>10924430
>it's just b-bait
sure thing namefag
>>
>>10924408
That's just our resident troll. He doesn't buy toys. Just ignore.
>>
>>10924450
>namefag
LMAO keep coping newfag.
>>
Oh and stop samefagging. It only makes you look more embarrassing.
>>
>>10923522
I'd punch that child repeatedly until it dies, I really fucking hate children.
>>
>>10924471
you got us all beat in the embarrassing department
>>
>>10924473
I got you beat. I just plain hate everyone born after 1985.
>>
>>10924479
nice reddit reply.
>>
>>10923987
That video is like 5 years old, definitely from another collection
>>
>>10924435
You didn't do anything else? You left her win? What a shitty story, does someone else have a better story?
>>
>>10923627
you would be amazed how dumb 9yos can still be. Those are action figures.
>>
>>10923693
yeah dude, a 9 year old child whose dad died is not going to make the most logical choices.
>>
>>10923707
Yeah that's something a 4 year old would do, not a 9 year old. Unless the kid is a sociopath or has serious special needs.
>>
>>10923522
isnt 9 years old a little too old for making a mess like that?
>>
>buys toys, upset when toys are played with
lol, lmao
>>
>>10923707
>>10924728
You’d be surprised how many families turn a blind eye towards a kid’s blatantly inappropriate behavior, especially if the kid is an only child or is the favorite. Some parents refuse to think their kid has anything wrong with them in spite of all evidence and observations, and how many families try to just ‘keep the peace’ so as not to risk breaking family bonds, especially in Japan (where this incident happened years back).
>>
If you're going to put stuff on display, use lockable display cabinets.

I have 2 little kids and have zero issues with them. They like looking at my collection. That said, my collection room is in an area that is only accessible to them if I bring them there myself.

Anything left out loose is up for grabs when kids are around.
>>
>>10923522
imagine collecting toys which devalue thousands of dollars in a short time. that's junk and nothing special to even consider collecting.
the kid did good wrecking that shit. the value of my toys is always trending upwards or stable.
>>
>>10924844
>devalue thousands of dollars in a short time

To be fair, that’s more the fault of the yen weakening over the years.
>>
>>10923929
If your kid did that to my stuff your kid would be in the ground.
>>
>>10923522
Nigguh, I was a warhammer fag, this shit is repairable, one way or another.
>>
Anyone ever get this guy? Is he an improvement on the first two or still shit?
>>
>>10924548
The ARTICLE is from 5 years ago retard, this site just reposted an old news article for clickbait views, then some fag posted it on /toy/ despite us having threads about it 5 years ago, and now you retards are replying to it. Take 10 seconds to google shit next time.
>>
>>10925167
Look at the toys, the furnitures, the fucking ground. The pics and the vid are from two different collections you fucking moron.
>>
>>10924728
You've never lived with/near white trash.
I was in a poor development as a kid, and some shithead who came over because his mom knew my mom and THEY wanted to hang out, demanded to play my N64 and then proceeded to smash the controller against the floor until it broke in half, like a mindless fucking ape. He was 10 years old.
>>
>>10924435
you should legally able to kill people when they take your shit
>>
>>10923926
most of these people don't leave the house, so it tracks they wouldn't let anyone near their shit as they'd be right next to it.
>>
I fucking love toys but would never want to have so much money invested on them, you think those people with entire basements filled with toys get to enjoy them? they just blend with each other at that point.
Besides there seems to be a sweet spot between price and fun, too expensive and it gets scary to even handle the damn thing for fear of breakage or paint scratching.
Lastly who lets people or kids near expensive shit unsupervised? the least that can happen is they bump into something and cause a plastic avalanche
>>
>>10925889
why do people post without actually reading the thread or the article? Why do you feel your opinion is worth hearing despite being utterly ignorant?

>Lastly who lets people or kids near expensive shit unsupervised?
the door was literally locked. The kid broke down the door.
>>
>>10925167
MY GOD! THIS WHOLE TOY BOARD IS TAINTED NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
File: 1678068573099354.png (278 KB, 640x578)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>10926101
OH NO WE CAN'T USE /TOY/ AND BE NEETS ALL DAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
>>
>>10923522
>Trashes celestial being gundams
>Tieren Taozi untouched
I guess I know what faction the kid is on.
>>
>>10924483
Don’t worry we hate you, too. Punch your card and die already. Stop taking up space, give me your house etc…
>>
>>10924435
>>10925876
This
>>
>>10926858
Well we can. It's just faggots like you that get upset for....some reason.... hell if I know why.
>>
>>10923522
>$35,000 collection
>those shelves
Deserved.
>>
just because he paid that much doesn't mean its still worth that much

its was probably less than $1000 of junk if he tried to sell
>>
>>10923645
My cats have never showed the slightest interest in knocking shit over. Most of my stuff is displayed in a case or boxed away for swapping the display out but I have a few on shelves, plenty of books and delicate things etc. they’ve always been more interested in climbing up me and leaving claw marks in my clothes or laying on my bed and getting it all hairy, it’s a temperament thing. Get a cat that’s a few years old already if you ever want one, they have usually zen and just happy to have a home.
>>
>>10923522
How is a random kid getting in his house?
>>
I see this thread continues to challenge /toy/'s reading comprehension...
>>
I remember being nine. It's old enough to know not to do that.
>>
File: 47847.gif (144 KB, 220x136)
144 KB
144 KB GIF
>>10923675
>Even if a 9 year old should know better, I'm not gonna trust one, especially not my own. The room to the collection would be locked, hard stop.
>>
File: file.jpg (37 KB, 300x500)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>10923522
>What would you do /toy/?
Ask myself why the living fuck I did not get a hardcore locking door for that room if I knew that children will run into it.

Or the opposite.
WTF was a 9 year old doing in that room?
>>
>>10923603
>The kid literally broke into the room and wrecked everything,
See: >>10941834
Why was this not used on the door?

And if the kid manages to break this I personally let the kid break all the rest.
>>
>>10923522
Cave explorer.
>>
>>10923603
>The kid literally broke into the room
OUT FUCKING PLAYED
>>
>>10923613
so true

autism speaks and its time to listen

to nightcore amv's

in minecraft
>>
>>10923691
If so why did OP edit it?
>>
>>10923522
>kid throws action figures on the ground
>"uh, they're all broken now!! $35,000 damages please!!"
consider my eyes rolling you huge anime fag
>>
>>10923522
How would you like it if someone, anyone goes to your home and fucks your shit up? What a disrespectful little brat!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.