[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Feels like forever since we had a wrestling this thread and this is the perfect time to be getting in to them. Bendies throwback figures continually sell out, WWE Superstars has inspired a relaunch of the Remco line, Monday Night Nitro got a Matty Collector Ultimate Ring, and LWO was announced as coming to the WWE Elite lineup. Get in here!
>>
>>10926048
Really hyped for the missing link figure. Planning on picking up a cm punk aew supreme, i think i can get it for$50 but itll be an easy pass if theywant more.
Good luck op, i do enjoy my wrassler toys.
>>
>>10926048
I picked up the new basic two pack of Roman Reigns and Logan Paul; had been sitting on it since I already have a basic Roman but I really want Logan Paul and even the basic Paul figure is going for like $40-50 by itself.

Just notice though that they've overhauled the articulation for the basic figures to give them leg articulation near what the Elite figures have. Which is kind of neat.

Also picked up the Chad Gable figure. Now I need to hunt down LA Knight and mirror mask Finn Balor.
>>
>>10926552
>Just notice though that they've overhauled the articulation for the basic figures to give them leg articulation near what the Elite figures have.
So they're starting to go back to where Basic used to be with the thigh swivels and knees? That would be nice.
>>
File: IMG_6202.jpg (71 KB, 750x550)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Glad to they are making these two shitters. I’m working on building a fig fed with roster focusing on 2017-now, should I use older style belts or the current belts?
>>
>>10926552
Would the new basic hulk and ref shirt mr t have these updated bodies?
>>
>>10927944
Neither Ref Mr. T does, I know that for sure
>>
>>10928043
Ok, thanks for the info.
>>
What WrestleMania reveals are you hoping for? For me it's The Steiner Brothers, Haku, Slick and Bull Nakano. I want new LoD, Demolition and Bundy but those might not be realistic. Only collecting Legends for now. Maybe I'll start an Attitude Era collection one day.
>>
>>10928172
Bull would be amazing! Can anyone make lod figures? Isnt there some license issues or am i mistaken? Im waiting for star dust to appear on the shelves but if you want a wish list figure ill name flash funk or the patriot.
>>
>>10928305
>Can anyone make lod figures?
There have been some LoD sets before, just not very recently. If not Matty, Powertown might do the Road Warriors version
>>
>>10928172
Maybe some Ruthless Agression APA elites
>>
>>10926552
Logan Paul as in filming dead biody Logan Paul? That one?
>>
>>10928399
Yup
>>
>>10928399
Yes

Turns out he's a natural wrestler and been one of the few bright spots in the WWE these last couple of years
>>
>>10928172

>>Elite Dexter Lumis
>>Elite Cameron Grimes with meterosexual haircut
>>Deluxe box set "Classic" black haired Cody Rhodes with alternate heads for both Mustachioed Cody and Clean Shaven Cody, mustache t-shirt, and gear relating to Undashing Cody (face mask, hoodie, bag mask to put on people)
>>Elite Dangerous Alliance Rick Rude
>>Elite Madusa circa Dangerous Alliance
>>Elite Randy Orton (Burn Victim version from the Bray Wyatt feud)
>>
File: maven[1].jpg (13 KB, 232x396)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>10928172
>Maven
>Regal & Tajiri
>Harvey Wippleman & Giant Gonzalez
>>
>>10928459
Shouldnt have a title but whatever, wwe got a new coroporate sponsor out of it.
>>
Is the Lugar Monday Night War widespread at WM? None of my stores have the display yet but I see people talking about it for the last few weeks
>>
>>10932491
Ive only seen the one display. Denim scott hall was 1 to that display but idk if thats normal.
>>
Made a decent Ringside purchase, will post in a bit.

What are anons favorite wrasslin’ figures?
>>
File: IMG_0960.jpg (2.44 MB, 4032x3024)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
Bump

Not pictured shield Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch
>>
>>10934778
Fun little collection, anon
>>
>>10934449
>What are anons favorite wrasslin’ figures?
Soon to be Ultimates Piper

>>10934778
Keep meaning to get the mouth from the south. Part of me would pay full and the other says he'll make it to Target clearance. Next Target round with Rock n Roll American Hero Hulk will be fantastic
>>
>>10934830
Target Legends seem to be clearanced ever few months or so
>>
>>10929157
>Elite Randy Orton (Burn Victim version from the Bray Wyatt feud)
I don't remember this, was he rocking the invisible man bandages or something else?
>>
File: mountie-wwf[1].jpg (84 KB, 1280x720)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
What wrestler are you hoping signs a legends deal?
>>
>>10934830
>>10934850
I paid $9 each for the mouth of the south and iron sheik new in the box at target
>>
>>10935406
Oof, idk, many of them have passed away but if you want a never ever then ill pick david schultz. Really looking forward to the terry gordy figure, glad thats a real thing. For a tag team, lets go with the moon dogs.
>>
>>10935506
Huh, mine scanned full price on Friday. Maybe another store will have a better price
>>
>>10935406
>>
>>10927303
You should use whichever belts look coolest to you
Verification not required.
>>
File: IMG_6244.jpg (1.96 MB, 2315x3328)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
YEAH
>>
File: FyBGQ4_XgAIPjM5.jpg (145 KB, 900x1200)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>10928172

He's in the game and the Hall of Fame. He's one of the most toyetic wrestlers ever.
>>
>>10937313
Thats not mortis, glacier or wrath.
>>
How you all feeling about Mania? Can't wait myself. I was telling everyone I know for years that Vince needed to go a long time ago and now we're witnessing why.
>>
>>10937453
If Cody wins the belt, then the WWE's finally turned a corner and their current hot streak will continue at least until they move Raw to Netflix (which is a time bomb waiting to explode in the WWE's face).

If Cody loses/Roman retains, then WWE is double fucked as far as killing their hot streak for good and making it so they'll probably crash and burn irreversibly when they move to Netflix.
>>
>>10937454
>at least until they move Raw to Netflix (which is a time bomb waiting to explode in the WWE's face).
May I ask why? As someone who watched the Territory. Rock n Wrestling, New Generation, and Attitude eras (cutting out as Ruthless Aggression started) I tend to find the current matches, personalities, and even how they present the in-ring matches (angles, replays, commentary) all pale in comparison to the old days of Stone Cold being able to sit in a ring for like 3 segments holding RAW hostage while WCW just flounders in their second hour against this.

>>10934449
>Made a decent Ringside purchase, will post in a bit.
Do they ship decently fast?

>On topic
Walked in to WM today and found Superstars Doink AND Andre on the shelf with boring red pants Hogan. That's two more down.
>>
File: D9JXRTSVAAE4kmu.jpg (272 KB, 1564x1564)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
Been a good year for WCW fans. Rick and Scott Steiner, Outsiders, WCW Cactus Jack, Terry Funk. Hopefully a new Hollywood Blonds Pillman since they have his kid

but we're never getting that Ultimate Crow Sting and Surfer Sting double release are we bros?
>>
>>10937544
Ringside ships decently fast, especially if you order earlier in the week. They are a little overpriced, but they get stuff right from the factory, so they isnt the hassle of tracking figs down in person
>>
>>10937454
Raw is staying on usa and smackdown is going to netflix right?
>>10937544
Wwe has a new guy in charge of directing so the matches are changing in presentation. Its just diffrent camera angles but its something. I think part of yhe issue is trying to replicate the success of the past. I get bored af listening to the bloodline mess, and the past few episodes of smackdown have been filler leading up to wm.

I havent seen any new superstars and i want a doink!
>>
Looks like i will be getting the aew supreme cm punk set tomorrow. Not even a punk guy, i just think the drama that follows him is odd for lack of better phrasing.
>>
>>10938180
Seems you fell victim to his... cult of personality
>>
File: MutaoftheCarribean.jpg (50 KB, 428x600)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>10937313
I'd want a whole ass line of his japan attires. Jason X Muta, Muta of the Carribean, etc. The most baller entrance attires of all time all belong to this man.
>>10938180
It's not odd when you consider drama has followed this man his entire career from IWA-MS to TNA to WWE to AEW back to WWE. I'm sure there's something in ROH too I just can't remember what. Some people are just drama magnets man, sometimes it's his fault, sometimes it's not.
>>
File: IMG_6249.jpg (40 KB, 233x297)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Is it weird that I’m hyped for that Farooq?
>>
>>10938327
Lol.
>>10938364
I think he had an issue with the very level headed teddy hart in roh?
>>10939386
Nah, the nation was pretty cool but ron simmons was dope.

So i did get my punk and its got plenty of hands, heads and even legs. Not bad for $40. Guess this is my booby prize since i missed the cody supreme. Anyone gonna watch wm? The aj vs la sounds like a great match.
>>
File: GKVdEcNXYAAPvsT.jpg (757 KB, 2048x2048)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
he's fucking perfect
>>
>>10939638
Teddy had acted like a shit in ROH, Punk made a giant rant on livejournal which I believe you can still find on the internet, threatened to 1v1 him if he saw Teddy again.

Punk ends up in TNA, Teddy gets brought back to TNA, Punk sees him at the White Trash Cafe and decides he needs to fight him, misses a takedown, Teddy gets some shots in. Teddy who was on basically probation with TNA due to prior instances of being Teddy Hart doesn't get in trouble since he didn't start the fight.
>>
>>10939805
Aha, i recall it all now. Thanks, i mustve heard jeff jarrett talking about it on his podcast. Podcasts become a blur for me, just two guys jaw jackinfor hours, but its good background noise.
>>
>>10939638
Im pretty hyped for mania, might only catch the tail end of night 1. Glad they’ll(hopefully) seperate the tag titles. Think Gunther v Zayn could steal the show, especially with some Gable heel turn action. LA v AJ sounds fun too. Owens/Orton/Paul has potential. All around hype card.
>>
>>10939721
Nice to see DDP get some attention

>>10937810
>Wwe has a new guy in charge of directing so the matches are changing in presentation. Its just diffrent camera angles but its something. I think part of yhe issue is trying to replicate the success of the past. I get bored af listening to the bloodline mess, and the past few episodes of smackdown have been filler leading up to wm.
Good to hear. Maybe WM will be worth watching to see if the transition to new directing will help. Pretty sure someone will compile the build up post-WM to show the dynamics of the Hollywood Rock building after. YT seems full of those
>>
>>
File: 20240405_121744.jpg (2.19 MB, 4160x1872)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
>>10940542
Oh fuck, the sultan!!!
Heres some crummy pics, mostly wwe motu but im proud of these lil guys.
>>
File: 20240405_121934.jpg (2.34 MB, 4160x1872)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>
File: 20240405_122043.jpg (2.2 MB, 4160x1872)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
The new day aka big e faces, was what really set the toy collecting hook for me. Right before the covid stuff so this guy has a bit of sentimental feelings atrached.
>>
File: 20240405_122055.jpg (2.06 MB, 4160x1872)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
My not cody rhodes motu figure.
>>
File: 20240405_122810.jpg (2.16 MB, 4160x1872)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
Last one, sorry im not a photographer. Love boogeyman and mr america, had to leave behind a suit wearing andre to get these but im happy with my decision. While everything else will stay in box, mr america and boogey man are going on the shelfs once i get the shelves rearranged.
>>
>>10940548
Nice haul. I kind of dismissed the Superstars line but am starting to get tempted. The Big Boss Man and Tatanka they showed yesterday looked cool. I just don't have the room with all of the Elites I've bought in the last year.
>>
>>10940545
>>10940548
>>10940552
>>10940555
>>10940557
Nice collection. Masters of the WWE was one of the best lines of the last couple of years. Fun durable toys that could work in either Masters of the Universe collections or wrestling figure collections.
>>
File: zHXYeaN[1].png (177 KB, 687x531)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
Muta!
>>
>>10940575
Yeah, ive got a few extra just for playing with and i love the ultimate warrior. Kane and stone cold kin that line, while sharing parts, are both great too. Just avoid becky lynch unless you really want her, its a boring toy. I enjoy superstars too but i just dont seem to run across any.
>>
I have a full set of the WWE MOTU but only got a couple Superstars. Was taking up too much space already and I liked the fantasy mix.
>>
Wishlist
>>
>>10941004
That mist head looks awesome
>>
>>10941095
Pretty deadly is good but I truly miss the mmm.
Really hype for tonite, first live mania ive watched live since i was a teenager.
>>
File: IMG_6261.jpg (3 MB, 3275x2859)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
Was out at the store, ended up creating a brand new tag team. “The Arabian Knights”
>>
>>10941661
Need to get a belt for sami now.
>>
The new set of Defining Moments doesnt look too bad. Might have to pick up the 4 of em
>>
>>10937278
Yeah!
>>
>>10943331
Friggin love smoked meat snack sticks.
YEAH!
>>
>>10926048
Powertown Wrestling Series 1 Remco ends today at noon Eastern for pre-order. They already confirmed prices will be a bit higher at the later date when they arrive this Fall.

Also they'll probably be showing off their next line this week of figures to compete with Elite. Who did they sign? AEW?
>>
File: IMG_6272.jpg (506 KB, 700x700)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
Kane
>Iconic match
>Elemental power related
makes sense

Punk
>Exposed the business
>Layed it all out there
>Voice of the voiceless

RVD
>Icon of the promotion
>All timer
Makes sense

Knight
>won a battle royale in Detroit

Im only buying Knigh
>>
How long does Ringside Collectibles usually take for shipping? I bought a 6 figures (as in, 6 wrestlers, not as in price) package on saturday and they haven´t shipped it yet.
>>
>>10945124
They're behind because they were at Wrestlemania over the weekend and have to catch up with the increase in order volume. Usually fast, just a bad spot like ordering from some small shop right around Xmas.
>>
>>10945139
Got it, never bought from them before so I didn´t know.
>>
>>10945145

My Faces of Foley from them shipped same day and arrived in a couple days.
>>
File: IMG_6275.jpg (3.74 MB, 3650x3024)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB JPG
(Sorry for cross posting from the haul thread)
Got my big ringside haul, and a Drew from BBTS. Im torn between Cody and Steiner as my favorite to fiddle with at the moment. I had the 84 Sheamus, but wanted the new formula
>>
>>10945825
Really tempted to get that Cactus Jack
>>
>>10945124
They're a good site. Just give them a little time. They're not the biggest toy site around.
>>
>>10945825
I wish i liked that steiner, i mean i enjoyed that version but the figure feels empty to me if thst makes sense.
>>
>>10945124
I've gotten everything shipped on time, so around a week weeks for ready to process orders, and exactly on time for pre-orders.
>>
Suggestions for blue steep steps which fit the plastic retro Legends ring from Target? Ringside steps are too big
>>
>>10946182
I think I get it. That point in Steiner’s career he had such an insane physique that plastic cant quite do it justice. He’d almost need his own chest mold
>>
File: GKv0OCtWQAAX2vI.jpg (552 KB, 1080x1080)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
I know he's working WWE now but I'm hoping for an Abyss
>>
>>10946808
Hoping we get Elite and Superstars style figures
>>
>>10946808
Wave 1 goes up Monday at 6PM for pre-order. Jordynne Grace looks fantastic, the rest I'm skipping
>>
>>10946748
Yeah, the figure just doesnt say im poppa pump. Its a fine figure im sure but ill just wait. Oh if anyone is looking for cheap wwe superstars check walmart.com, i got scott, shawn and nash for $8 each.
>>
File: xCl39yw[1].jpg (90 KB, 752x791)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
How many dimes would this wave draw for Mattel?
>>
What is it with wrestling figures? They arent popular enough to keep a presence on /toy/, but too niche for /pw/. Are they too normie for 4chan, or too autistic?
>>
>>10950904
I'd definitely collect a premium line of wrestling figures. Mattel's offerings don't interest me. The price point is great but they're just not for me, dawg. I would love if Storm could get a hold of the WWE license but it will never happen. Figuarts had a shot but it seems like their figures sold poorly.
>>
File: 1710016307037714.jpg (682 KB, 1280x1798)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>10950904
I really dont know, pw is pure trash so nothing really stays on the board. I guess toy just doesnt have enough pw fans, the figures are good, even the basic line, and at a good price point so while i dont think we need a pw toy general itd be nice to chat with fellow fans. I dont think pro wrestling is any more or less dumb than comics or video games or anime etc etc all of which have a general or two going at all times.
>elite ultimate super duper figure when?
>>
I want to eventually do a /toy/al Rumble once Im a little bit more stable on the board. Keep an eye out for that.
>>
>>10951104
>I really dont know, pw is pure trash so nothing really stays on the board.
You mean 60% of the threads being "KWAB" and another 20% being about Nash being raped aren't quality content? lol

>>10950904
/toy/ should never have had the autosage added for length of time (2wks, right?) given how slow the board has always been.

I think the main problem is Wrestling in general is kinda down for mainstream and that means the collecting group is the hardcore, the speculators, and people who buy the stray figure. I myself fall into that last group because I focus on the Superstars using the Origins body.
>>
>>10951263
Is that what it is? Autosaging? Huh, no wonder we cant bump this up. Im getting some motu, superstars and turtles of greyskull today. Just dawned on me im really only buying heads and gear since they all use a similar body. Im a sucker lol. Guess im a tweener, ill buy your toy if i like you or you get included in superstars. A guy at work is hardcore, he spent over $300 during wm weekend just buying figures of everyone involved. I never mention im on 4chan when we talk, despite it being a much more civil place than its believed to be. Well except /pw/ ofcourse.
>>
>>10951678
>despite it being a much more civil place than its believed to be.

fuckin' this. Told my normie cowoker that I buy and sell figures on 4chan and he called me a madman kek
>>
>>10951889
Most only know what /leddit/ or the tv tells them. Few would understand /toy/ or /co/ or some of the other less active boards are comfy conversations like the earlier days of the net. They only think of /b/ and /pol/ as the baseline.

>>10951678
Now is that $300 on like the last lineup of Wrestlemania stars or like vets of the earlier eras?
>>
>>10946808
>$50 a pop again
lol. at least show off all the things they come with
>>
>>10951889
>>10951892
Yeah, i mean really, if it were that damn bad id move on. Theres a reason youre here forever i guess.
Im not sure, ill ask though. Hes a real wwe guy, but not much into the history or landscape of wrestling, just wwe. Nice guy tho, catches me up on storylines.
>>
>>10950719
Man, I really need a Bonesaw figure. Is mattel WWE still doing movie figures?
>>
>>10953123
Those kinda bombed in the Covid phase and being WM exclusive. A sea of Cena/Rock with little to no chance of Bigfoot Andre or They Live Piper. Piper and Rock's ugly Scorpion King got re-issues back in January as part of a Best Of case. You'd think Andre would have been the winner over Rocky to get back out there.
>>
Maybe someone here can help me, I'm looking for these kneepads in Red and Blue. Do they exist on any current figures? Preferably female for the blue and red for the male
>>
>>10953790
Red
>https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Superstars-Ric-Flair-Action-Figure-Walmart-Exclusive/693468001

Blue
>https://www.walmart.com/ip/WWE-Superstars-Rowdy-Roddy-Piper-Action-Figure-with-Accessories-1980s-Inspired-Look-5-5-inch/1991502040
>>
>>10934778
Does /toy/ play with their wrestling figures like it's an episode of Rock n Wrestling, with comedic hijinks and outside adventures, or is it all in ring and tv style stuff? I would like to have a bunch of classic wrestling figures and make them exist in a RnW type of world where they all hang out and have different jobs but get into conflicts and drive cars and stuff
>>
>>10953123
I think Randy's legends deal has expired. I'd love a Bonesaw but if this frees up the WWE/Mattel to sign any one of Sting, Hardy's, LoD, Demolition, Jesse Ventura or One Man Gang then that's good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.