[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why do people only ever want to pay with PayPal? There are hundreds of credit card processors out there. Square, Stripe, and Google Pay (or whatever it's called this week) are three pretty well-known alternatives. They don't share your credit card details with the other party, just like PayPal.

So WTF does everybody act as if anything but PayPal is like fucking a bearded tranner with leprosy?
>>
well established and easy to file a claim if someone scams you
>>
what the fuck does this have to do with toys? take this to /biz/ or something
>>
>>10929098
Because every toy community has a B/S/T forum you dolt. But it seems like you couldn't sell a MISB Pepsi Prime for $1 if you didn't take PayPal.
>>
>>10929098
Have you never bought a toy in your life off the internet you stupid cocksucker?
>>
>>10929094
Fuck PP. Nigga scammed me outta $5.
>>
>>10929094
If its a site I haven't used before I'm more likely to trust them if they have paypal, since all of my personal experiences with their customer service and refund stuff has been pretty good so far. I don't use the pay in 3 thing all the time but it can be nice. The checkout is easy and fast. Its not that I sperg out and vehemently refuse to use any other means of paying, its just if paypal is there its easy and familiar. This thread seems kinda pointless
>>
>>10929094
because all of those require both parties to adopt them
paypal has been around for a long time and has been adopted by most every one long ago at one point or another.
it has familiarity of brand and use
>>
>>10929321
No they don't. Somebody sends you a Stripe invoice, you just plug your card details in like you would anywhere else you use a credit card. You have a problem (broken product, not received, etc), you file a chargeback just like you would anywhere else you use a credit card. The adoption rate for credit cards has got to dwarf PayPal. It's like having cash but refusing to pay if the register isn't yellow.

But then I think it's weird people seem unwilling to use a credit card as well. They desperately want, say, a Haslab, but it exceeds their monthly budget for toys. It's like it never occurs to them to charge it and then curtail their spending for the next two months to pay for it. Complete polar opposite of people that spend themselves into homelessness. No middle ground.
>>
>>10929400
I mean is everybody hooking PayPal up to their bank account and using it as a proxy for a debit card? That's about the only way this adamant refusal to use anything else makes sense.
>>
When I use paypal I don't share my bank info just my name and address which is less bad than sharing my bank info.
>>
Not sure how its toy related but...
>well known brandname
>avaleble to most of the world
>proxies debitcards as creditcards for countries where creditcards arnt the norm
>offers extra protection

i know my country doesnt use creditcards for normal purchases, only if you go abraod anough to warrant the fees for owning one is it worthwhile (traveling tends to come with creditcard prefferances)

i know for myself it opened up a lot more options to buy import toys.
>>
>>10929094
Because Paypal almost always sides with the buyers even when they're in the wrong.
>>
>>10929094
I found out that retards buy on paypal via their credit card.
>>
>>10929097
This. Being around for 25+ years has its benefits
>>
>>10929094
6 months money back protection. Which other processor offers this?
>>
File: 1376022733491.png (347 KB, 524x706)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
I only use PayPal
>>
>>10929094
real question is why are you banned from Paypal?
>>
>>10929102
Then use paypal
>>
>>10940775
Accurate but difficult to blame them.
>>
>>10940816
I'm not. It has alot of baggage that I don't want to deal with. I'd explain but contrarian autists are as tiresome as normie NPCs with their inability to understand different experiences.

It's just weird that I've been running credit cards over Square at conventions for well over a decade with no problems but try to get somebody to fill out the same form online and they act like you have two heads. Does PayPal jerk you off after a transaction or something?

>>10940835
No, I don't think I will.

It's funny when people cry about prices but won't make minimal effort to get better prices. Like they refuse to shop anywhere but their local Walmart. I wish PayPal would pull a Mercari and slap the shit out of buyers with fees. They'll bend over and take it up the ass because PayPal is The Only Way.
>>
"Pay in 3" is literally free money
No paypal, no money, simple as that
>>
>>10941342
Then explain the baggages. Right now all you're saying is paypal is for idiots... I won't elaborating because I'm too good for that!
>>
>>10941565
No, I didn't say it was for idiots, though I implied people that use it exclusively might be dumb.

So anyway, baggage. Ancient past, didn't like being forced to use PayPal with eBay, didn't like yet another account to maintain, didn't like the implicit rise in prices due to PayPal fees.

When I sold through marketplace venues, I didn't like that you needed a separate PayPal per venue, lest all deposits land in the same place. If you have Stripe, you can set up sub-accounts with an API key, so notifications and deposits can go to different places. Much easier to keep track of where your sales are coming from.

Support was not helpful when they up and disconnected my bank account out of the blue once. The error message was "oops try later." Couldn't fix it without calling. When I finally got it hooked it back up, I learned you can only connect a bank account three times. Since the disconnect was randomly done by them, nothing _I_ can do to prevent it.

Now that I don't sell on eBay, I run into problems because I did. PayPal often recognizes my address or credit card and comingles transactions across my business account and my personal e-mail. Sends vendors the wrong mailing address, sends notifications to the wrong e-mail, etc. Occasionally it even auto logs in, no matter how many times I purge the cache, so I _can't_ make a purchase except through the business account. Pain in the ass.

But it still doesn't answer why people will plug a credit card into PayPal but not another blind processor. There's no benefit. All hide credit card numbers and allow chargebacks. Unless, again, you're using it as a proxy for a _bank_ account. Which is almost as dumb as paying by debit card where you risk _your_ money instead of the bank's and have all sorts of ripple effects from having to change your account number (new checks, new payroll deposits, etc) in the event of a breach.
>>
>>10941389
>"Pay in 3" is literally free money
Good point but if you need that to make a $25-$50 purchase you should probably think twice about it.
>>
>>10940816
for donating to neo nazis
>>
>>10941646
Don't they limit what you can pay in 3 to only over a certain amount??
>>
>>10941637
All you had to say is that you have autism.
>>
I use other payments if I have to but personally I just don’t like having my credit card pasted all over the internet. Paypal is centralized, by using it I don’t really have to worry about all these other sites getting hacked, because if they do they never had my credit card info to begin with.
>>
>>10941389
It's pay in 3? I thought it was pay in 4?
Am I retarded or did they change it?
>>
>>10943473
Actually, isn't a telltale sign of autism inability to see or understand any perspective but your own? That would make _you_ the autist.

This is exactly why I didn't spell out actual reasons. Autists are bad enough but the 4chan brand of contrarian autists are a whole different level. Prefer Pepsi over Coke or vice versa? Must be autism! Don't climb up on the roof for fear of heights? Silly, a-c-r-o-p-h-o-b-i-a spells autism! Hurt in a car accident? Call 1-800-AUTISMO. It's my autism and I need it now!

How much does the pharma-industrial complex pay you for all of these autism diagnoses anyway?
>>
>>10947104
Yup. You sir, have the tism.
>>
because it offers credit card like consumer protections without a credit card making it popular in places outside of the united states

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.