[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 81Z20DhYQYL.jpg (348 KB, 2000x2000)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
Welcome to the Fashion Doll General!

A thread for discussion of fashion dolls including Barbie, Disney, LOL OMG, Rainbow High, Monster High, Licca-chan etc but not BJD. There is a BJD general over in /jp/.

Other toys considered dolls as well as girl collectable toys that are related to dolls or can be used as accessories to dolls are also welcome such as LOL, Shopkins, Polly Pocket and the like.

*Reminder to REPORT trolling, bait and off topic posts instead of responding.*

Previous Thread: >>10910126

>Archived Threads:
https://archive.palanq.win/toy/search/subject/Fashion%20Doll%20General/

>Helpful Links:

Fixing frizz:
https://youtu.be/Q5BixBJG-Ik

Dealing with glue seepage:
https://youtu.be/JNT7EG507iA

Materials for customizing face, hair, and clothes:
https://youtu.be/iBtrDdHA8y8

Sewing pattern books from Google+, reuploaded:
https://mega.nz/folder/iFd3wapa#B70grHUe4xsTkLU_s8Ag_Q
>>
I got the Rainbow Brite doll today, she was 12 dollars and feels it. I was interested because they bragged about the articulation. She has doublejointed knees and ankle joints, but her arms don't even bend 90 degrees at the elbow; she has bicep rotation but I don't see the point of it at all since her arms are stuck almost completely straight at all times. Her costume is soooo cheap. Not the absolute worst for 12 bucks but not sure I wanna pick up more of them.
>>
With the new creepro wave coming out, are we gonna be getting reruns of the first wave?
>>
>>10932353
In september iirc
>>
File: 60th Allan.jpg (163 KB, 903x933)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Anyone outside the US actually received their Silkstone Allan yet? He was released March 8th and mine hasn't even shipped yet and now he's sold out.
>>
>>10932018
This doesn't match the designs from the live action (her hair and tail/fin is a completely different color scheme, and Flounder's design is totally different) but obviously it's not OG Ariel either. So this is a third version of Ariel, unrelated to either previous version?

The dolls might be cute ig, at least she has actual red hair again.
>>
>>10933025
Probably just some original cartoon vaguely taking from og and new ariel that they'll dump on disney+
>>
>>10932282
Huh. Double joint knees but no yarn hair feels like a real wrong choice for RB.
>>
Is Ghoulia Creeproduction for members only?
>>
Where's the best place to watch if you want to buy monster fest dolls at launch?
>>
>>10933858
Yes
>>
>>10933839
Who the fuck would want yarn hair on a fashion doll? Plushies, yeah sure but not on a doll. Get real.
>>
Does anyone know what time the Creeproduction Monster High dolls will drop at Mattel's website tomorrow?
>>
>>10934232
12 AM EST
>>
>>10934162
Every RB doll has had yarn hair so I also think it feels wrong. Her hair is very ugly anyway so I was tempted to reroot, but the plastic they used is rock hard.
>>
God I just want Cleo, I hate that they made her a 2-pack with Deuces ugly mug
>>
>>10934630
Well that's how the dolls were originally released. Wouldn't be a proper creepproductuon if they were seperate.
>>
>>10933839
>>10934162
>>10934544
Yarn hair on a fashion doll is a bold choice but it kind of reminds me of cabbage patch dolls, feels almost nostalgic. No point if it feels like shit when you have the doll in hand though.
>>
File: 1683146977789.png (484 KB, 500x500)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
YOU CAN PREORDER THE CREEPRODUCTIONS NOW
>YOU CAN PREORDER THE CREEPRODUCTIONS NOW
HURRY UP FASHSISTERS
>>
>>10934812
I think there is a good middle ground using yarn, where you unravel the fibers first, so it looks a bit less like yarn but still has the thicker fibers. I know this doesn't appeal to people who like traditional doll hair but I've always liked a bit more texture personally and I like how it feels.
>>
creepos back up again
Ghoulia: https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/preview?isSlp=1&isPreview=1&asins=B0CBNPJ8PS
Spectra: https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/preview?isSlp=1&isPreview=1&asins=B0CCQFGG1T
Abbey: https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/preview?isSlp=1&isPreview=1&asins=B0CCQHCB8S
Cleuce:https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/preview?isSlp=1&isPreview=1&asins=B0CCQ3SMLP
>>
>>10934860
Will these be available at any in-person stores too or just online? If anyone knows
>>
>>10934998
Listings state 'Amazon Exclusive' so online only.
>>
I got Abbey, I was thinking of getting Ghoulia but even though she is objectively one of the best dolls monster high made, I could never care much about her
>>
File: 20240331_233144.jpg (137 KB, 722x756)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
bratz chair finally hit clearance so i had to get one. pretty happy about it
>>
>no $BRBIE stocks
We were robbed
>>
>>10935173
Also got Abbey. The 3 gen1 dolls that I have of her all have glue head, which has discolored their hair, so I want an Abbey without that issue.
Did consider Ghoulia as well, she is my favourite ghoul, but while her signature look is really good, it's never been one I especially loved.
Spectra was a pass for poly hair, because I don't fancy my dolls having hair that disintegrates over the years.
Cleuce was a pass, because I have both if them already. Sure, my Deuce is missing his glove, but that's not exactly worth buying a whole new set.
>>
>8k sales on amazon for each creepo
hopefully mattel actually has that much stock and doesn't cancel some of the orders like they did with the reel dramas
>>
>>10935590
ghoulia and cleuce have already sold out on the mattel website for now, i hope they have enough when they open to the public, i was only able to get abbey and spectra
>>
>>10935616
does MC have cheaper shipping?
>>
>>10935652
i don't know for the US or elsewhere, but for the UK yeah it's cheaper to get them through there than through US amazon
>>
>>10935652
International shipping, yes. I decided to grab them from Amazon earlier todqy, though, since there was no quarantee of getting them from Mattel.
>>
>>10935215
lads why did series 5 of rainbow high blow such wet fucking chunks?
i really wanted the doll with bangs but every single one were cut hilariously short on the shelf when i went to get one and the freckled doll never had freckles or even correctly painted lips. not to mention the fucking orange one
and now they're doing slime toys again. is it over?
>>
File: Y2_aXBWLAv_re-ae_VSVmPmA.jpg (343 KB, 2000x1322)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
Which celebrity has the best doll? I like Ann Coulter.
>>
>>10936124
The Franklin Mint Princess Diana dolls are beautiful and the clothes are really nicely made, too. You can find most of them under $100 even in near perfect condition so that's nice, too.
>>
>>10936247
I've seen her while thrifting, pretty but also kinda weird desu
>>
https://creations.mattel.com/products/monster-high-designer-series-lenore-loomington-hrp94

What do we think? She got majorly overshadowed with the Creeproduction drops
>>
File: gen2.jpg (243 KB, 1243x893)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>10937069
She didn't stand a chance, anyways. She has the weakest doll design we've had in a while for collector standards. She looks like they pulled out some design draft stored from the G2 days and went with it without any more thought put into it. Hard pass.
>>
>>10937069
She's boring and overpriced. The design and character art look like a crappy Deviantart OC.
>>
File: GKLiSdCWMAAkSdz.jpg (1.94 MB, 3024x4032)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
so uhh abbey likers if this is real we got something to worry about just like spectra likers
allegedly some abbeys come with the shitty g3 tinsel?
>>
>>10937069
Was discussed at length in the last thread.

>>10937114
Am I the only person who liked G2? It wasn't great, nothing compared to G1, but still lightyears better than G3.
>>
>>10937114
Frankie's toddler face in G2 pisses me off
>>
>>10937271
I liked Moanica but wasn't too impressed with the rest.
>>
>>10937114
Hard no to Frankie and Lagoona.
Blech
>>
File: 81Iha8qCjPL.jpg (306 KB, 991x2560)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>10937271
>lightyears better than
>>
>>10937522
Frankie was still a girl here and not a woke genderspecial so yes. I'll take this any day.
>>
>>10937525
Who cares. Just ignore the Xitter teens and the ugly ass cartoon lore and call g3 Frankie a she if you want.
>>
File: abbey tinsel.jpg (228 KB, 1396x998)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>10937167
her og crinkly tinsel seems pretty uncommon when you search for tinsel, idk if if an exact size match but fishing crystal flash could work if anyone want to reroot her
>>
>>10937525
Anon it's plastic
>>
File: isee.png (391 KB, 530x440)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>10937271
>G2 is better than G3
You have to be deranged to believe this. I fundamentally refuse to believe this opinion isn't influenced by the woke angle because the G3 dolls are not worse than the G2 dolls.
>>10937114
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Monster-High-Frights-Camera-Draculaura/dp/B00F14IO1M/ref=slsr_d_dpds_fsdp4star_fa_xcat_dpricet1_d_sccl_3_2/143-3391893-4400427

Did they do a Frights Camera Action rerun? Cheapest I've seen them but still not worth imo
>>
>>10937271
The only good thing about G2 was Moanica, Cleos new face, and the cartoon had a cute style. Beyond that it was ugly, cheap and played it ridiculously safe
>>
>>10937591
>played it ridiculously safe
let's not forget they had a lot of good release that were planned for G1 like the shipwrecked, electrified plus the garden ghouls that we saw the prototypes that ended being mini dolls plus they also updated the monstery feature of the main ghouls
>>
>>10937596
>electrified plus the garden ghouls
Both of these were mostly garbage
> they also updated the monstery feature of the main ghouls
Just the hair on Abbey and Clawdeen, and Cleos wraps, it wasn't much
>>
>>10936073
I mean, the design decisions are really weird. Especially when the company makes really good dolls otherwise.

I'm really looking forward to the new dolls which have a better assortment of colors and are not one intense neon color. Semi Novi Stars and I will pick up every one.
>>
>>10936073
We knew it was coming to an end when they dropped the second outfit, I think they just blew their load too fast, too many dolls at once and nobody could keep up, so shit shelf warmed like crazy until they finally went on clearance, and even then that didn't happen for over a year for some dolls like the costume ball series. They should have stretched out their series releases and dropped fashion packs in between so the dolls they had out could have more of a wardrobe, not just the stupid blindbox shoes or purses
>>
>>10937543
I wish they'd stop being stupid and give G3 Frankie some actual pants, not this LL Cool J shit to show off her retarded stump. Do the designers not realize that many people with prosthetics wear normal pants?
>>
File: image2 (6)b.jpg (955 KB, 1000x1287)
955 KB
955 KB JPG
>>10932282
Sorry for the creepy pictures, I wanted to share the articulation for these. They might be interesting options for body swaps for smaller dolls (they're 5 inch). The differences between SS and RB are strange; the articulation is the same but not well designed for their different body types. I don't know a lot about the company making them but very much has a dude-collector vibe, so I don't think they are very thoughtful as playline dolls.
>>
File: image3 (4)b.jpg (740 KB, 941x1000)
740 KB
740 KB JPG
>>10938337
The leg articulation is pretty versatile. SS's hipjoint keeps popping out. The elbow joint is better on SS since her arms are thinner, so she can actually reach her face.

I was looking forward to a mini Rainbow but I have to admit Shortcake is the better doll. Her face design feels more authentic and RB's is slightly modernized. RB's chunkier limbs make the articulation not work as well.

I'm wondering if obitsu clothing would fit them, the clothes they come with are super cheap. I think they could be really cute with some customization.
>>
>>10938337
>>10932282
A shame they didn't use better materials and just charge a higher pricetag. The outfit looks cheap and the body discoloration due to two different materials will just discolor and look worse with age. Unfortunate.
>>
>>10938337
Is Strawberry Shortcake scented like the original dolls were?
>>
What are the chances the Creeproductions will RS again on Amazon like the Howliday Draculaura did the first few weeks she was out?
>>
I just saw that there's no new lol omg dolls in the works. Glad I held off from selling, now I feel like I'd miss them.
>>
File: canceled.jpg (370 KB, 734x980)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
>>10938668
bringing this back for others to see, tween hanging on a thread and lol tired and desperate pulling all the gimmicks but still going.

if the rh rebrand doesn't pay off they're next on the cutting board.
>>
>>10937578
No and that's an insane price either way considering this was a super simple budget doll. I really need to sell off some of my G1s, had no idea that even the budget dolls were going for crazy prices now.

>>10937591
>ugly, cheap and played it ridiculously safe
As if this isn't also true for G3?
>>
>>10938747
>isn't also true for G3?
I'd argue G3 isn't playing it safe, like yeah there's a little less edge in the design but making your characters fat, openly nonbinary, or openly autistic isn't really playing it safe, like the smallest shit pisses off parents so easy. G2 was just G1 but made safer to appeal to younger children, I think the biggest "risk" they took with G2 was giving some dolls body hair
>>
>>10938470
Yeah, I really wanted to like them. I love small scale dolls and have wanted a Rainbow Brite forever. At least the pricetag matches, I would be pissed if I paid 25$ for it if it was sold as a nostalgia collectible.
>>10938526
Yes, either her hat or her hair is scented. I'm hoping it's the hat, since I'm gonna cut it off.
>>
>>10938769
>openly nonbinary, or openly autistic
Would parents even be aware of that if they're not watching the cartoon or following MH social media?
>>
>>10938826
Depends on the parent, some are more chronically online than others
>>
>>10938769
I feel like the kind of people who would be upset about a character being "openly autistic" probably wouldn't let their kids engage with the godless monstergirl cartoon in any capacity to begin with desu
>>
>>10938836
They're still gonna get upset about it existing even if they don't let their kid interact with it
>>
File: 1696430834482826.png (146 KB, 326x302)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/3579-monster-high-creeproduction-wave-1-dolls-2024-draculaura-clawdeen-wolf-lagoona-blue-and-frankie-stein.html

OG Creeproductions getting another run in September. Do you think they'll ever fully commit back to G1? Or have they deluded themselves into thinking it's not worth it with these 75 dollar flops when their 25 dollar OG's fly off the shelves? Or, are they stuck in the woke now and know they can't go back to the stick figures 'officially'?
>>
>>10938886
Also, WHERE IS THE TORALEI REEEEEEEE
I know so many of her other dolls they half-assed but her original look was a fucking banger
>>
>>10938264
>Do the designers not realize that many people with prosthetics wear normal pants?
it's performative diversity/inclusivity. it has to scream at you from the other end of the aisle.
>>
>>10938549
i'd say it's likely since only fang members had access to them on mattel's website to begin with, they'll probably do a second run that's open to the public on there alongside an amazon restock. that might be giving them too much credit though.
>>10938769
>but making your characters fat, openly nonbinary, or openly autistic isn't really playing it safe, like the smallest shit pisses off parents so easy.
the only one of these i could see pissing parents off would be the nonbinary shit, and even that is something that's barely relevant outside of the show/movie. though the fat stuff is a risk because generally people, even kids, just don't find fat dolls very appealing, something like draculaura's body type can get away with it, but a doll like fatty noir is probably going to flop.
>>10938886
>Or, are they stuck in the woke now and know they can't go back to the stick figures 'officially'?
most likely, the only thing they could do is bring G1 back alongside G3 'officially', if they ditched G3 and went fully back to G1 they'd probably get a lot of shit despite G1 still being insanely popular.
unfortunately i don't think it's likely that mattel would commit to bringing back G1 alongside G3, the trouble is that it'd probably cause G3 sales to flop even harder to the point where it wouldn't be worth producing them at all, which would then piss people off because "but muh diversity". there's clearly still a huge market for G1 even outside of adult collectors, a lot of teens today still really like them from what i've heard especially since a lot of zoomers are apparently really into 90s/2000s/2010s aesthetics, there's a huge lack of "alt" dolls because of the oversaturation with cutesy/safe/soft toys currently, so there's definitely an appeal there, but it's probably too risky overall to bring G1 back outside of collector releases.
>>
File: GKVXTbPWUAY8JAh.jpg (332 KB, 2000x2000)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
the Operetta collector doll
>>
>>10939164
I mean, she's pretty
Probably not worth whatever they'll try to flog her for, but I'd pay playline prices for her
The pink, though... Could they really not have leaned heavier into red? Or at least have picked a more interesting shade of pink?
>>
File: GKVV1D-WkAAYlve.jpg (303 KB, 1008x1636)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>10939169
I think it's mauve instead of pink, but yeah, pretty weird that they didn't follow shipman's design in that regard since purple vinyl should be easy to pull off
>>
>>10939164
>memphis on the hair bow
cute. i like it, but i'm dreading the price.
>>
File: GKVO7dUWwAADVcM.jpg (261 KB, 2048x2048)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
the pic that was evading us for a while, draculaura in the pop star outfit
>>
>>10939164
>>10939178
So many people are so G1 hungry that they'll pay Mattel the dumb prices and then get confused why they continue to get slop. You'd be better off spending the $50 on a normal complete doll off Ebay, because at least it'd keep its value after. They can't even be bothered to color in her face sculpt cheek design or anything special, nor even make a dress similar to the rockabilly aesthetic.

>>10939291
So is Mattel wanting to back off of edginess for the sake of the parents or make them look more hookerish? I'd be a bit charmed due to the molded(?) top reminding me of the older 2010 Barbie dolls, but it's so ugly and clashes so heavily that I couldn't even begin to imagine what they were thinking in the design room.
>>
>>10939164
>>10939164
The shoes are really nice, the purse is nice, Memphis in her hair is cute. The dress is nothing too special, but it's pretty ok - the two layers on the white dress qre a nice touch.
The eyeshadow is pretty distracting though, and her hair is boring. The worst disappointment is her mask, because it looks like the most overused mask that Operetta had! Why not go more towards her original mask? Or the Picture Day one that only a handful of the Picture Day dolls actually had?
I might get her, just because I like Operetta a lot, and $50 is what the G3 playline dolls cost here anyway, but I do wish she was just a little better. Proper hairstyle and visually distinct mask would had gone a long way.
>>
>>10939291
I feel like a designer at mattel realized they could get dolls with more pieces pushed through if they pitch them as one color plastic, so now every piece that doesn't have to be fabric is one color plastic. Oh yeah with one painted accent color and one pair of stickers. I like the design behind these dolls but all of the plastic harnesses in this gen make me want to fucking scream.
>>
>>10938841
No one is upset about autistic characters kek. Autism factually, scientifically exists. They're rightfully upset about nonbinary characters because it's made up bullshit that kids are being groomed into.

>>10938886
Stuck in woke now. Don't think people would care as much about the body types, but they'd get major backlash from making Frankie straight and a girl again, and the characters not correlating with human races. Unlike MGA, who just does whatever they want no matter how much criticism they get, Mattel seems very afraid of controversy.
>>
I simply do not watch or engage with the cartoons and just enjoy the dolls for being pretty
>>
>>10939291
Any pictures of the other dolls?
>>
>>10939370
Yeah same, the last doll show I cared about was Ever After High
>>
>>10939339
Idk man I remember people having a fit over that Pixar short with the two autistic kids, though maybe it was more that they were both brown.
>>
>>10939164
Her eye shape is wrong
>>
File: 1709178521120.jpg (107 KB, 539x822)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>10939392
posted some threads ago
>>
File: 1709239286140.jpg (195 KB, 745x2048)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>10939473
>>
>>10939291
God, she's so fucking ugly
The other ones are mid as hell, but Drac is just plain ugly
>>
>>10939482
this really highlights how much i hate G3 clawdeen's eyes, she looks way too cat-like instead of wolf-like
>>
File: y.png (29 KB, 208x296)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>10939164
>Nefera
>Operetta
>Spectra
Where's the fucking Toralei dolls
>>
>>10939482
>>10939473
>>10939291
Unironically love these, even if Drac's hairline is a fucking choice and a half. Yeah, lots of plastic for sure, but I'm not hating it. They could have left them solid lumps (Drac's solid pink sneakers, anyone?), but they're putting in effort to slap a print on or add in a different solid color of plastic to break up the mess.
>>
>>10939164
There's a good doll in there but the dress is an overdesigned mess. Why is current Mattel so bad at fashion?
>>
>>10939560
She doesn't look any more overdesigned than any other Operetta imo, she's always been cluttered af
>>
File: 1698025199973957.png (3.72 MB, 1170x1649)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
My creeproducution Ghoulia just came in today. I know that Spectra has poly hair, but does anyone know if creepro Ghoulia also has poly hair?
>>
>>10939879
I don't have her yet but according to a couple reviews I saw she's saran
>>
>>10939899
Thanks, saran is so much easier to deal with and I can’t quite tell the difference between doll hair types. I’m not sure why Mattel gave Spectra poly and Abbey two tinsel variants, seems strange
>>
>>10939401
Nah that was controversial because it depicts autists in the most stereotypical way, ie as absolute retards who are whimsical and childlike while also uncontrollably violent and angry. Twyla is better rep because she's relatively normal, just "different" and awkward which is how the majority of autists are.
>>
>>10939291
I think these are boring as pop star dolls but when I think of them as magical girl-superhero I like them more (not enough to pick them up though). The chest pieces remind me of Wedding Peach. But Draculaura hair looks bad.
>>
>>10939164
I think I'd like her more if they went with a full skirt like her Dot Dead Gorgeous doll.
>>
>>10932986
Anyone? Or at least does anyone know anything but current status of international shipping from Mattel Creations?
>>
>>10940445
On their footer (bottom of their website) there's a "ship to" box with the select countries they ship to.

If you not part of one and try to order, once at checkout it will "update" your cart and block you from ordering anything from the store so be careful.

Personally they no longer ship to my country so i use a transhiping, dispatch, forawding service (idk how it called in en) to a closer country, so i pay shipping two time but it's closer to what i was already paying.
>>
File: 1712263167443793.png (893 KB, 716x1074)
893 KB
893 KB PNG
>>10939473
hot
>>
>>10939128
What characters are actually fat, outside of Catty, though?

Draculaura has just big hips. And is otherwise thin.

Abbey is overall thick, but not fat. Like Megan The Stallion or something

Overall, it seems to Mattel is trying to appease to conventional beauty standarts today.
>>
>>10939339
.....but the whole point of Monster High is that characters correlate with human races.

Since the characters are just stand-ins amd orballegories for various groups of teens.
>>
>>10940932
Being allegories for human races is not the same as literally being human races, ie now Clawdeen is black/Latino and Drac is Asian. Rather than just being a werewolf and a vampire with no connection to human races which is what they were before. Being directly woke and preachy about real-life issues was not the whole point of OG MH.
>>
>>10935215
I see you are a person of class that also likes Jr Jade.

>>10935312
From what I can tell the slime can be used to fill in their bag/purse so it has a shiny effect. I think the pet can be as well. I was worried it had to go in their clothing or not be used at all. As long as it doesn't become clothing only I don't think making the pet and bag sort of customisable is the end of the world.

I thought the slime thing had died out because my daughter wasn't really in to it anymore but a lot of 5-7 year olds appear to be still. Maybe mga just needs some fast cash from exploiting young girls lol
>>
>>10940952

Meant to reply to
>>10936073
Not stock post
>>
>>10940932
I never saw that in them at all except for Clawdeen being Schrodinger's black person in the old cartoons. I much prefer vague and/or inhuman traits we can identify with rather than yet another cast of token characters checked off a list. "Here's the Asian, now the black, the autistic one and oh we also need..." just pisses me off.

If someone needs a character to look exactly like them to relate, they're a superficial loser.
>>
>>10940932
I personally like seeing more diversity in media but the way MH (and most companies) go about it is genuinely performative. They do it the majority of time by "race-swapping" characters that never had those associations, whereas creating new characters/stories that are constructed from the ground up with their culture and history in mind feels much more authentic. They didn't have to launch new MH with the same lineup; they could have created new characters that were created with their race in mind. Then you wouldn't end up with A) watered down versions of beloved characters, and B) constantly struggling with aspects of the OG characters that will look "problematic" with their new racial identity. It's why Clawdeen's theme has completely eliminated animal fur/patterns and made her more nerdy and moon/crystal based, because they can't have a black character be the wild animalistic one, it's why Jinafire can't be golden, etc.

I know there are some people who would say "a MH relaunch with all new characters would be financial suicide" and you're probably right and that's why the company did it. So they get points for diversity while doing the bare minimum rather than taking a risk.

Encanto and Moana were massively popular, respectful to their cultures, and resonated with people. Wish didn't because it was a watered down film made by committee. Lines like RH and LOL have tons of brown characters and no one bats an eye because they were always there.
>>
>>https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/3751-hyde-dolls.html

>New doll line announced called "HYDE."
>The doll maker doesn't show the goddamned dolls.
>But they do let us know that the dolls will have diversity and LBTQXYZ

It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>10941154
Oh yeah, I also like how "diversity" is their big push for this doll line, but one of the questions picked out by the company is one that specifically asks that the boy dolls to be feminine and not be "jacked." Because there's not enough twink boys across mainstream doll lines already. (That's sarcasm for you autistic anons out there.) Seriously, they're pointing out that the want to have diversity in their body molds except for masculine men. What a bunch of hypocrites!
>>
>>10941154
>>10941173
Yeah I'll wait and see the bodies but that definitely feels performative. Trying to get points early rather than just spending your time building a good doll line that just has those things. Why brag about it early? Show samples and get people hyped that way.
>>
>>10941173
Kek wokesters are always the most bigoted people... the top retard is saying that "feminine" = small and weak, vs the "masculine" big and strong. So progressive!

And more tranny shit to groom kids with of course, oh great. That's what the world needs more of rn.
>>
>>10940929
>Draculaura has just big hips. And is otherwise thin
Yeah but people still calling her fat
>>
>>10940929
Yeah honestly Abbey and Drac's body types are very cute and just kind of exist as examples of how fashionable body silhouettes have changed in the last 15 years - in the 2000s-2010s era, stick thin/anorexic was trendy, but by the time they'd have been developing G3 it was more popular to have dramatic curves - thin waist and big hips etc. Trends aren't just about clothing, body types also come and go in vogue
>>
>>10940952
>I see you are a person of class that also likes Jr Jade.
her and draculaura are what got me to go all in on dolls. love em
>>
>>10941154
>>10941173

>head mold looks like a semi-realistic version of those ugly vladonna dolls that were grifted years ago

I'm predicting our cast will be... Totally-not-Trixie-Mattel, gay black man with huge glasses, scrawny white twink with abusive parents, asexual asian twink, and a token nonbinary lesbian woman that don't need no man.

I'll pass.
>>
>>10941362
the expression on the mouth reminds me of Denzel Washington right before and after he murders a bunch of people.
>>
>>10941362
The Asian character is confirmed to be a smart nerd who's obsessed with technology, per the character descriptions. Total stereotype, so yeah probably also asexual to go with that.
>>
>>10941362
You joke but I'd kill for a Trixie MH doll
>>
>>10941154
>>10941173
>>10941362
If this isn't the most dead in the water line I've heard yet.
>we're collectors and will bring high quality!
This feels like a big checklist of all trend-hopping girls everywhere. Who is this even for? Ignoring even the genderspecial stuff, there's no way they'd be able to afford MGA-level layering and fabric nor do these molds have any specific appeal or artstyle. Those natural hair dolls shelfwarm heavily and with the indie tag comes indie prices. If these are meant to be vehicles for customs they're fried considering Barbies are less than 20 and every other doll has a specific silhouette already.

Also,
>Zayn once pounced on the most influential man in the fashion world to get the latest pair of new shoes
A million dollars says Zayn will be black. A majority of influential male fashion designers are gay or some flavor of fruit anyways, so is this a hate crime?
>>
Anyone manage to come across the Mini Brands Create series
>>
>>10940941
>now Clawdeen is black/Latino
clawdeen is the worst example you could've chosen because in G1 she was always meant to be very explictly black. the weirdest thing with G3 clawdeen is how they changed her to being mixed instead.
>>
>>10941858
being mixed doubles points
Drac is mixed too, just more in-tune with her asian witch side
>>
>>10941732
The Masterchef ones? Yeah, at Target weeks ago.

>>10941858
No she wasn't. That was just something the fanbase projected onto her, just like they projected that she's a lesbo despite the fact that she showed interest in several male characters. I don't think you know what
"explicit" means. She was a werewolf, born of two werewolf parents, with no connection to humans or human races. The only character who had a connection to human races was Jackson.
>>
>>10941888
>That was just something the fanbase projected onto her, just like they projected that she's a lesbo despite the fact that she showed interest in several male characters.
i agree with the lesbian thing that was always retarded, but clawdeen was always implied to be black ""coded"" at the very least like the rest of the wolf family, just look at all of their sculpts. it was something the G1 cartoon and movies leaned into as well.
>She was a werewolf, born of two werewolf parents, with no connection to humans or human races.
i get this logic for monsters like frankie where it straight-up can't apply, but come on. clawdeen isn't even the only example, a lot of the G1 ghouls had different nationalities and ethnicities.
>>
File: 1712436045574267.jpg (93 KB, 720x1048)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
G3 cartoon is probably canned because of the quiet on set controversy
>>
>>10941920
Praying on G3 downfall ( ノ ^o^)ノ
>>
>>10941920
Cant say I'm surprised
>>
>>10941920
Explain the Paramount v. Nickelodeon thing to me, who is mad at who
And does this bring us any hope for G1 full revival where they just make dolls
>>
>>10941962
It's about the quiet on set documentary where it came out in detail about how a former Nickelodeon director was creepy towards a bunch of kids. Also, I don't know what all this want for G1 to return is going to do as if returning the skinny bodies is going to magically erase the shit fashion and designs of G3, as I'd imagine all the people who originally made the good lines are gone. Not to mention that all the expensive collector dolls we've seen in the style of G1 look like shit. Mattel is going to probably either look at a Netflix original or just return to strictly webisodes as previous gens have done.
>>
File: photo_2024-04-06_09-59-04.jpg (270 KB, 1190x1280)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>10941920
Yay! No more cankles!

In other news, https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/3588-luv-fashion-dolls-2024.html

I actually feel bad for this new line. It's like watching a ferocious hurricane making it's way to a small helpless island. We all know this line is going to flop abysmally, and that whatever company owns this line is going to take a bad financial hit from it. All we can do is just watch the price drop and drop in a feeble attempt to get some of these outdated fashion disasters off shelves.
>>
>>10941920
Cartoon that pedo /co/omers love being canceled due to a documentary exposing pedos. Perfection. Hopefully the whole G3 gets canned as the doll sales don't seem to be doing so well either. Then either bring back G1 or do another reboot that isn't woke bullshit. But even if they keep the dolls going, at least the cartoon being gone will reduce the amount of pedos drawn into MH.
>>
>>10942046
Dude they aren't going back to G1
>>
>>10942049
y'all love saying that but the creepoductions are flying off the shelves,
if if they did like bratz by re-releasing fan favorite line with original design from time to time they would do very well.
and don't bring the ugly recent g1 line like howliday and valentine pack, they're ugly because of the designer not because they're g1.
>>
>>10942054
So what do you want, G1 to be back or just re-releases
>>
File: toxic.jpg (288 KB, 870x2323)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
>>10942045
Jesus Christ, how horrifying!
>>
File: GHb971hWoAIjDHC.jpg (49 KB, 700x467)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>10942023
>>10942054
>>10942056
If they have even a sliver of brains they'll just look at what sells the most on ebay to see what they should rerun. Don't get me wrong there's some stinkers in the original MH runs but the good ones go for a lot and are very obvious on doll list websites.
Hell, they don't even need to look far. People want more of the original Haunt Couture line. People want more of the Reel Drama. Just look at the designers who are making the most successful lines and fire whoever made Haunt Couture Midnight Runway.
Also in terms of designers they should just hire the OG guy back he's still involved in the fandom and the first run is the best looking imo.
Unrelated but I'm glad I grabbed my Isi Dawndancer cause they ain't neeeeever running her again.
>>
>>10942045
It's sad because the art/designs aren't awful but the dolls feel super unspecial (and their legs are too short). They'd be worth buying for the outfits but they're 30 fucking dollars each. They also did the typical checklist of latina/brown hair, white/blonde, black/black hair and pale asian/black hair. Basically disney ILY dolls.
>>
>>10941920
Good, the show is complete garbage.

>>10942056
Just gonna throw my 2 cents and say I'd love it if they rerelease more og mh. I missed a lot of the early dolls and I've been super grateful for the creeproductions. Couple years ago I was looking at the cleuce two pack on ebay but couldn't justify paying the price. Now I have the creeproduction and I'm so happy I didn't break down and over pay on ebay. Would love an og cupid and rochelle to add to my collection.
>>
>>10942045
>>10942100
and people had the nerve to call series 1 of rainbow high dated
>>
>>10941944
>>10942045
>>10942046
>>10942136
You bitches need to calm down. My girl loves the show, even if we only ever catch episodes on Amazon. It's a sweet and wholesome cartoon, and some of us will actually miss having it. Just because it's not G1 doesn't mean it's shit.
>>
>>10942227
>groomer shit is sweet and wholesome
When your daughter is 13 and comes out as a nonbinary transmasc with self-diagnosed autism and wants to start taking hormones, you better not cry about it. It's your fault
>>
>>10942242
Someone really hasn't seen the show and is hating just to hate, huh?
>>
>>10942112
> People want more of the original Haunt Couture line
>fire whoever made Haunt Couture Midnight Runway
the one who made midnight runway allegedly was Glenda Chiu, who made HC Lagoona and clawdeen
cleo, frankie and drac were allegedly made by Rebecca Shipman, who also has her duds with fang vote Rochelle and that ugly garden ghost
>>
File: grooming.png (209 KB, 403x296)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>10942246
You're denying that Frankie talks about being nonbinary and explicitly brings up pronouns? That Drac went to the support group for "queer peers"? It's fine for little children to be introduced to the word "queer" which is a sexual term? Yeah very wholesome, groomer.
>>
>>10942227
Quit letting your child watch woke propaganda and don't try to gaslight us saying that it isn't either.

>>10942249
Rebecca has come up with decent designs before but has lost her creative spark in recent releases made by her. If she keeps this up, then I won't miss her if she ever gets the boot.
>>
>>10942329
>>10942398
Based. It's reassuring to know that the pendulum is swinging back. Sex terminology should never be incorporated into children's entertainment. Insecure adults should not seek validation from minors.
>>
>>10942329
queer isn't a sexual term
>>
>>10942329
>>10942398
>>10942415
damn, you guys really got brainwashed good, huh.
>>
>>10942329
>using the worst example possible
If you actually watched the show, you'd know that with context, Draculaura is using time travel to go around and attend every club activity. Not because she cares about the members, but because she's trying to get a trophy and wants the brownie points. She's actually being super shallow and manipulative. And aside from Frankie using they/them pronouns, the only other example of fag pandering you're going to get from this show is that Frankie is dating Cleo, and that Deuce has two moms.

>>10942422
They really are. They act as if this show is super malicious brainwashing propaganda bullshit, and not just a cute message of the day show. Like wow, Twyla has autism and gets overwhelmed and has anxiety attacks. Guess my girl is gunna make a fucking conscious decision to go be a sperg because a cartoon showed people being nice to an autismo. And totally not because, y'know, she'd inherit it from me or my partner. Or maybe she'll see Abbey learning how to ask for help, despite being embarrassed by a situation she caused herself, to come to a solution. How fucking awful for me if my daughter does that. My kid also fucking hates G3 Frankie because she thinks side shaves are stupid and still calls her a 'she'. So whatever they think this show is doing to it's audience - it's not.
>>
>>10942443
>So whatever they think this show is doing to it's audience - it's not.
yeah, i don't like the G3 cartoon or the "woke" bullshit it comes with, but people accusing the show of "grooming" is the most mouth-breathing and brainless fucking take.
>>
>>10942227
Sounds like you need to calm down. Plus, i don't hate it because it not g1, I hate it because I actually think it's garbage. If it was good, I would say it's good. On the flip side, though I prefer g1 dolls, I see that g3 dolls have some good qualities and buy the ones that I like.
>>
>>10942422
>>10942443
>>10942482

You're accepting of delusional behavior and demands from the extreme mentally ill who think they should permanently mutilate their bodies or live "genderless", and you are complacent of pushing this gender ideology onto children. Don't call anyone else "brainwashed" and go back to Twitter.
>>
Fashion Dolls
>>
>>10942513
yes, I absolutely agree.

I really want a Teez and Moucedes doll. Am I being delusional, /toy?
>>
>>10942601
after recent news I think yes for the former
sorry anon, I think teez is getting killed
>>
>>10942420
It's a word describing sexual orientation. The genders of people someone likes to have sex with. A sexual term. No child should ever hear about that, degenerate trash
>>
>>10942508
>permanently mutilate their bodies
People do this with tattoos and piercings and plastic surgery, why should you care that someone wants to switch their dinguses around. It's their business.
>>10942513
So true.
>>
File: reroot_hair.jpg (910 KB, 1740x870)
910 KB
910 KB JPG
>>10932282
I'm gonna reroot her, wish me luck
>>
>>10942249
Then fire Glenda Chiu. I don't mind HC Clawdeen but she could have been better and Lagoona was also a bit of a dud imo.
Cleo Frankie and Drac popped the fuck off, I can excuse Rochelle a tiny bit because the fans influenced it, and while the garden ghost had been a 25 dollar doll I would have bought it, it's the 75 dollars that isn't justified.
>>
>>10942769
They make what should be highly personal shit others' business when they awkwardly strongarm it into media intended for kids, primarily to normalize it. Don't try to suggest the consequences of a tattoo and invasive surgery are anywhere near the same. That's asinine.
>>
>>10942695
You might as well say hetero or straight is outright announcing the genders they like to have sex with, that's just silly, that's more on you for your first thought going to sex. Queer is just an umbrella term for people who don't have an established identity, or for people who don't feel like establishing their identity.
>>
>>10942601
Idk who Teez is but Moucedes isn't too bad of a doll to get second hand, she's not particularly popular but you'll probably still pay a fair bit for decent quality.
>>
>MUH WOKE MUH GROOMING
I don't care. When's the next Vampire Heart-tier doll coming out.
>>
>>10942963
anon they meant whether a g3 mouscedes doll will be made
>>
>>10942972
Oh, yeah I figure she's gonna get a doll considering she got any relevance at all
>>
>>10942967
>When's the next Vampire Heart-tier doll coming out.
Your guess is as good as anyone else's
>>
>>10942972
How are so many of the G3 furries so cute when the more human characters in the cartoon look like ass
Also I'd call her outfit ugly as fuck, but Mouscedes always dressed like an idiot, so I guess it tracks
>>
>>10943012
>How are so many of the G3 furries so cute when the more human characters in the cartoon look like ass
the artists are probably furries
>>
>>10942769
Who the fuck is letting kids get plastic surgery? Or tattoos? Everywhere I go those are seen as shitty ideas.
>>
>>10942972
i just know her outfit will be printed on tweed with sticker buttons, i miss cunty rainbow high already when they would have custom buttons and random pearl appliqué plus her shoes would have been real laces
>>
File: alfonseMucha.jpg (420 KB, 600x816)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
*HRT effects are reversible for boys, not so for girls. Anyways I encourage it, it's weird autists that fall for it and it's just modern day eugenics.

What sculpt is this barbie?
>>
File: IMG20240128172303.jpg (985 KB, 4000x3000)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
post the rarest doll(s) in your collection
>>
>>10943348
Dunno, she was a doll made and sold for charity, not much info on her, you could bug the designers on Instagram about it and see if they remember
>>
>>10943348
You've asked this before.
>>
File: 51710039999_fd4ec80a4d_k.jpg (520 KB, 1980x2048)
520 KB
520 KB JPG
>>10943392
hyperfixated with other beauties like pic related and promptly forgot about that doll. Asked again because I do not want to search archive.
>>
File: red head andra.jpg (1.55 MB, 1166x2319)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
found her in the wild and meh. Once you go Integrity, you can't go back to Barbie..
>>
>>10943436
I like integrity clothes but none of the faces are appealing to me
>>
File: 20240408_144235.jpg (336 KB, 1034x1235)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>10943368
If were counting customs and hybrids, I have a few
Otherwise Iris and Manny
>>
>>10943368
Probably just my SDCC Wydowna Spider, I have some harder to obtain dolls but nothing really "rare"
>>
>>10943368
dunno about the metrics. I'd guess the snow white premiere series doll judging by ebay.
>>
>>10943224
I'm not that anon, I simply felt it was silly to use those examples. I and skeptical of how reversible it truly is, but you're right that this isnt about dolls.
>>
>>10943368
The beauty and the beast 25th anniversary platinum doll set.
>>
>>10943454
Not that anon, but I know what you mean, some of them have such a 'smelled a fart' face. I like them, but the idea of comparing them to Barbie, based on the price alone, is crazy. If Barbie tried to sell dolls on the regular for Integrity prices with Integrity's limited distribution model, people would go crazy.
>>
>>10943368
Anon how do you shop for dolls on taobao and red, i heard you need an agent but how does that work ?
>>
File: autumn_luv.jpg (172 KB, 810x887)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>10942045
I actually think some of these outfits are really cute, but that probably just comes down to personal fashion preference desu. I will admit some of the faces look kind of generic.
>>
>>10942045
>>10944644
Imo just the fashion packs aside from the lime one are fine, dolls themselves are outdated bendy limb crap and the wacky high fashion probably won't sell well with kids or collectors. May get the clothes when they go on discount for other dolls.
>>
>>10943368
Disney Limited Edition Alice in Wonderland doll. The first one, not the one celebrating an artist
>>
>>10943368
Either Cerise Wolf or the Valentine and Wisp set.
>>
>>10945500
I like the lime one
>>
>>10945988
so do i, aside from the top anyway
>>
>>10946136
Minus the ugly lettuce sleeves, the top is cute
>>
File: IMG_0432.jpg (2.38 MB, 3024x4032)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
Something about Creepro Abbey’s face looks damn weird.
>>
>>10946638
Because her face screening is lopsided. It's all very slightly rotated, the easiest place to notice is the lips.
>>
>>10946638
Eye shape, they're more wide
>>
>>10946638
Her eyes look rounder and higher up.
>>
>>10946638
Goddamn that's a lot of glitter
>>
>>10946638
Bad paint print. The left eye is closer to the nose than the right one and that throws everything off
>>
>>10946646
>>10946648
>>10946694
>>10946814
>>10946836
Yeah, it’s weird. I personally don’t notice the asymmetry very much, so I think it’s mostly the eye shape/position and there being too much glitter.
>>
>>10946814
>>10946845
To be fair my G1 Abbey has a ton of glitter on her face too
>>
>>10941920
Great news it's getting canned
Terrible news it only being thanks to a semi-related controversy instead of it's own faults
>>
60th Anniversary Silkstone Repro Skipper just dropped. Available for non members too on Mattel Creations.

Fuckers still haven't shipped my Allan yet which came out February 14th.
>>
File: 20240411_221340.jpg (538 KB, 1297x1297)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
>>10947115
Huh. Mine hardly has any. Same goes for my Art Class Abbey(s)
I guess a lot of it might just have worn off with time
>>
File: 20240411_132301.jpg (261 KB, 851x1163)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>10947758
Yeah mine is actually kinda ridiculous with the amount of glitter she has on her face
>>
>>10947762
what the fuck that's incredible it looks like her face would feel like sandpaper
>>
>>10947773
It kinda does lmao, absolute pain in the ass when it comes to dust, it loves to stick to her textured face
>>
>>10947762
Oh wow, that's nuts
>>
>>10947762
Abbey, 80 grit
>>
Terrible outfits but Clawdeen looks so much cuter with darker hair.
>>
>>10948442
The outfits are whatever but that is a super cute Draculaura and Clawdeen, I love the hair
>>
>>10943348
Looks like Aphrodite/Open Mouth Mackie or Tori
>>
>>10948442
The car looks so much better than the previous one they released
Giving it a sensible color scheme really does a lot, huh?
>>
File: monster-high-car-ghoul.jpg (185 KB, 1000x1000)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>10948793
Wow I forgot this shit existed
>>
File: 1540317416877.png (148 KB, 326x302)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>10948801
>the snot green, drippy windscreen
>>
>>10941920
hell the fuck yeah :] , what where the controversy i dont participate in the doll community like i used too
>>
>>10943368
what dolls are these, they are cute as heck
>>
>>10948930
A documentary recently came out exposing inappropriate, predatory, and abusive behaviors going on behind the scenes at Nickelodeon. There has been a huge backlash and everyone's scrambling to save face.
>>
>>10948937
Looks like Mermaze heads on Hairmazing bodies?
>>
>>10948937
Those are the cancelled mermaze sirenz doll heads rebodied on I think hairdorables bodies. The anon must've bought the dolls or heads off of a Chinese e-commerce site when they got dropped by the factories.
>>
File: images-66.jpg (40 KB, 554x554)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>10932069
I finally saw the barbie fashionista 207 on the wild. Do you think she's pretty? Maybe I will buy her tomorrow.
>>
>>10949067
Doesn't look like anything special to me but if you like her then get her
>>
>>10948937
Left outfit is Hairmazing Noah (RIP). Right outfit is Bratz Wild Life Yasmin I think?
>>
>>10949067
her outfit is trash but i like her, i love when dolls come with a unnatural hair color that actually suits their skintone, this hair blend suits her so much and i love that
>>
>>10949067
She's got a pretty face, which I assume is all you want from Fashionistas?
>>
>>10949414
She does have a rare head sculpt only used twice
>>
>>10950001
Neat
>>
New thread
>>10951232
>>10951232
>>10951232
>>
File: Fv4soSMX0AEWXTb.jpg (360 KB, 1224x2048)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>10951236
Why so soon?
>>
>>10951291
Auto sage
>>
>>10948976
>>10949060
>>10949466
thank you for the answers, never heard of this line before, definitely gonna fish for some next time i go to the online marketplay sea
>>
>>10951291
Threads auto sage after 2 weeks. We were actually a little late on making a new one, already buried down to page 5
>>
>>10951501
>>10952107
Doesn't matter when catalog exists, no need to make one until page 9/10 or image limit reached.
>>
>>10952326
We've been doing this since the autosages started months ago. If you don't like it, feel free to keep posting in the dead threads.
>>
7 page lets go, lets go the the archive, goodbye sweet thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.