[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8386.png (3 KB, 225x225)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
This is taken from a Reddit post, so here goes….

>Big Changes Coming to Super7...

>So I've broken news before, here and other places. And let me preface this by saying that no, I'm sorry, I can not name my sources, in order to protect people's livelihoods and incomes.

>But I was the guy who initially revealed the info about Super7 being unable to do vintage designs of the TMNT stuff, just to give myself *some* sort of credential.

>Everything I'm about to say is the gospel, my sources have never been wrong before.

>That said, we've got some interesting stuff coming out of the world of Super7. Namely in the sake of action figure decision making. Remember how Brian got an investment of somewhere in the tune of 37 million? Yeah, well, this is what happens when the people who write the checks aren't happy with the output of their investment.

>Brian Flynn is out as final word on product. He no longer has final say. That means design decisions are no longer his to make.

>You're going to start seeing double jointed TMNT. You are going to start seeing better quality, as evidenced by the newest Simpsons releases. There are a LOT of people whose creative juices were fettered under his control that are beyond excited about the prospects coming up.

>None of this is to disparage Brian. He is great guy, personally. However, all of the bad decisions over the years, the output or lack of overall QC, all him. All his choice and absence of any care, sad to say. Or maybe even hubris, that "No one else is making these licenses, you'll buy them and like it".

>This information is very fresh and new, so details beyond that are light, and I won't have any answers to your questions. I've told you everything I know so far. But I will update as I find out more!

Curious what everyone’s thoughts are and what this could mean going forward for the company.
>>
>>10933349
If real, and it makes for better action figures in the market, great. Probably won't really affect me, but could be interesting.
>>
I'll care once they actually start shipping out their product in a timely fashion lol
>>
Super7 is a dog shit company
I hope the talented sculptors that work there can find a better employer.
>>
>>10933349
You're a lying faggot
>>
>>10933374
>I hope the talented sculptors that work there can find a better employer.
Is it not mostly the 4H? They've got plenty of work.
>>
>>10933349
>>Everything I'm about to say is the gospel, my sources have never been wrong before.
Ah yes, the ever trustworthy 4chan troll mantra.
>>
>>10933386
>>10933392
Holy shit if you would read my post, I’m only reposting this shit from Reddit. If you want to actually investigate the source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ActionFigures/s/AMr7N3tGKZ
>>
>>10933402
Fuck off liar
>>
>>10933349
>the Simpsons
They don't have Disney properties anymore, so the source is probably bullshit. Super7's better without Disney anyway. As for better QC that can be attributed to the Covid restrictions finally blowing over in China and California.
>>
so they're saying when investors are disappointed in poor return, they decide to make a better product and spend more money? Sure, that sounds likely. The O-Ring listings have disappeared from BBTS last i checked so shit does not look great right now
>>
>>10933421
They’re talking about wave 2 of Simpsons which was shown before they lost the license and just released
>>
It's sad they didn't do this sooner if its true Brian was the sole reason. We have so many ultimates lines that died because collectors finally caught on to their bad QC and design decisions. And there's no going back on some of this, I'm never getting a good Alice figure like the 3D promos promised. If that upcoming samurai Leo is double jointed I might get him.
>>
>>10933433
None of this is true man. Don't buy into easily proven wrong BS from Reddit.
>>
>>10933386
>>10933392
>>10933405
>>10933443
Hi Brian
>>
I've only bought one Super 7 figure (TMNT Slash) but I liked it.

I'm more interested in see if we see 3 3/4 o-ring figure that *aren't* G.I. Joe and possibly seeing if they do more with the 5 1/2 figures aside from teh Misfits.
>>
Only thing I care about from s7 is silver hawks and Godzilla. They've been quiet about the latter.
>>
>>10933425
>The O-Ring listings have disappeared from BBTS last i checked so shit does not look great right now
Multiple listings (not all) were pulled because they were early leaks, literally nothing to do with if they were cancelled or not. Conan ReAction listings were up forever, then pulled, now back up now that they're officially announced.
>>
>>10933349
if they can wake the fuck up, shit is embarrassing how expensive their shit is and how poorly articulated shit is
>>
>>10933552
It's not going to get better. If they put more articulation in they'll come up with more reasons to charge more and more. Keep that "boutique" angle.
>>
Brian Flim-Flam-Flynn is a narcissistic idiot. He lies frequently, contradicts himself, and acts like the world revolves around him. He strings the fans along not giving them what they want thinking you'll buy everything anyway. I love their ReAction figures but so many choices are really stupid and baffling. And their 2024 plan of shitting out as many Blind Box assortments as they can just SCREAMS that they are having cash flow issues.
>>
>>10933349
Thank you neca baby aka super7 insider this is all so exciting
>>
>WE decided to part ways with Disney. THEY have different ideas on what makes money than we do
>Bungles the entire Simpsons franchise, from ReAction to Ultimates.
>Makes a full line of McBain Simpsons ReAction figures
>NO! You CANNOT have a core iconic look for the Simpsons Family!
Flynn really is a retard
>>
>>10933349
Unless they decide to drop the "boutique toys" charade, changing the QC and articulation is only going to go so far because $55 is simply too much for most of these figures.
>>
>>10933563
Shut the fuck up
>>
we are becoming a true premium product just like mezco. though painful to lose brian flynn as top dog, who had his time in the sun, this is a necessary management change to take us to the next level. randy must be shaking in his boots at this news.
>>
File: 20240321_155306.jpg (2.21 MB, 3347x2510)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
I literally only buy their ReAction Godzilla figures, I don't care about anything else.

But is there any word on new figures? Will we get a color Anguirus, or us the Black and White one from the latest wave it?

I feel like we'll get color versions of those two Raids Again figures, they love reuse in this line
>>
>>10933613
What retarded vomit did you just post?
>>
File: randulfneco3.jpg (208 KB, 1024x1024)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
When will the new TMNT craze end and will it cause Neca to go belly up or at least wind up with Randy Falk's ouster? At least Super7 are diversifying their output so they will survive the turtle bust.
>>
>>10933349
>ok guys here's the big leak!!!
>get ready for new product!!!!!!
yawn
>>
File: 1698075861765823.png (328 KB, 533x412)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>10933349
>GoyperSlopen
>>
>>10933498
Godzilla literally seems like the one solid line for them right now. (other than Thundercats, which is the only option that fanbase has to buy from and get excited about.) Destroyah and 1200c Godzilla sold out, much of their blind box stuff is godzilla-themed. Silver Hawks has to be fucked after they're done with the vac metal variants.
>>
>>10933349
I'm still suspecting to some degree that super7 has been funding their shit like a ponzi scheme.

The mass pumping of new preorders using only renders reeks of trying to drum up funds to replace misappropriated funds to sell shit that they already sold.

I think last time I looked on this they had something like over 100 ultimates announced for preorder.

That said, the engineering on ultimates is ass and it's unforgivably ass for that price point. Getting better engineering would do a lot for them.
>>
>>10933833
It’s 100% this. The amount of Ultimates that have straight up disappeared or took literal years to ship is staggering. Super 7 will announce 60 products a year and you’ll be lucky if half are shipped by that time a year later
>>
>>10933349
don't give a fuck. never buying anything from them ever again. replace my piece of shit rocksteady with someone that has actual joints and can stand and I might consider ever buying something from your shit tier company again if you completely turn everything around
>>
The only Ultimates worth buying were the Ninja Turtles they did, but only at a discount.
>>
>>10933986
Nah there were plenty in the TMNT line that were worth it. The baxter was great and I got him for 15 bucks shipped. Slash was great, got him for like 25 or 30. Muckman, bebop, same story.
>>
>>10933349
>"No one else is making these licenses, you'll buy them and like it".
>Great guy personally
This doesn't compute, this source guy must be a suckup
>>
>>10934533
Yeah, the whole thing reads as him making it up as he's typing.
>>
>>10934533
>>10934535
>OH NOES! A GUY CAN'T BE COOL TO ME PERSONALLY AND AN UNETHICAL BUSINESSMAN TOO!!
You fucking retards need to get out more.
>>
>the worst
Based
>Phantom starkiller killer bootlegs and healeymade
Based
>Super cyborg
Based
>Fuckhuge snake mountain
Based
>Dinosaurs attack
Mega based
>Awesome Packages you can't open without destroying them
Gay

That's all I know
>>
Is anyone on Brian's side and likes the decisions he makes?
>>
>>10935602
>Is anyone on Brian's side
No. He's always been super arrogant and I've despised him ever since his comments years ago insinuating SDCC was all about HIM and HIS exclusives when people complained about difficulty getting things when they still had to contend with Funko, Mattel, Hasbro, whatever other company they had to line up for too. And he lies SO fucking much, like claiming ReAction was high priced because "we don't have distribution in places like Target & WalMart", then they got that distribution, and he never lowered prices. He lied about VacMetal SilverHawks until after he got people's money for the first wave, then SURPRISE we can do VacMetal, spend anudder $110!
>and likes the decisions he makes?
Such as? Holding off on good figures to sell you shit you wouldn't ordinarily buy otherwise? As a STTNG fan, why the fuck did we get Victorian Picard & Worf ReAction figures before Locutus of Borg and Klingon Warrior Worf ReAction figures? That last wave sold poorly enough it looks like Trek is dead. Simpsons "McBain" ReAction wave? What a waste of plastic, but he patted himself on the back SO HARD in video interviews about that shit. He's made some good choices and so many baffling batshit stupid choices. Weird Science Shit Toad Chet was a great one, but bungling other waves is mind blowing. Let him suggest the weird shit, but put someone else in charge of giving the fans what they want instead of stringing them along like he did with Simpsons.
>>
>>10935684
Yeah a BIG problem with Brian is he just does NOT give a shit about feedback from customers about anything. The hip style for the entire TMNT line has been a huge pain point for the turtle collectors since wave ONE but he's done absolutely nothing to try and alleviate it. Same thing with the selection of characters, he seems to want to trickle out the popular designs so he can put 2 or 3 filler entries in a wave.
>>
>>10935684
>then they got that distribution, and he never lowered prices.

This is why I get so irritated when people try to defend them with "small indie toy company please understand" because it's overt bullshit.

also, LOL at their SDCC shit. Last year I remember going to their booth and being told that their exclusives were being sold at a pop up offsite blocks away. Fuck that, I'm not gonna walk my ass way off site for the con to buy your crap.

His "I'm not going to make the main characters people want on purpose!" shit just killed the simpsons ultimates line. He killed it.
>>
>>10934035
yeah, and you got them all at a discount. I only completed my TMNT Ultimates line-up because I got the last two turtles in a used lot.
>>
How long has Brian reigned over Super 7 unchallenged? Do you really believe his reign could finally be at its end? Are you that much of an optimist?
>>
>>10935805
>How long has Brian reigned over Super 7 unchallenged?
It's his company, he founded it. If you actually READ what was written, the investors are pissed and if he wants any more investment cash instead of being a straight up Ponzi preorder scheme he has to step back.
>>
I'll believe it when I see it. S7's never had decent quality control or accurate representations of the products you receive and I don't believe it will start now.
I genuinely don't give a shit about double joints, thats the least of their problems.
>>
>>10935920
>don't give a shit about double joints
must be neco buyer
>>
>>10935928
Nah, those have double joints. Sounds like don't know anything about any toy line.
>>
>>10935836
If he has investors then there is always someone who can challenge him. I guess he didn't really have significant investor debts before now?
>>
>>10936083
seems very obvious that until recently they were coasting from preorder wave to cover the costs of the next preorder wave, using each one to stay afloat. I think with the price hikes, repaints, mass cancellations and clearanced stuff they had to seek an investor to have buffer money.
>>
>>10933456
>Wassup holmes? You better be buying my toys.
>>
>>10935761
>He killed it.
Good. I'll happily buy the shit out of $10 jakks Simpsons while super7 goes under.
>>
if super7 has a million superfans, i am one of them
if super7 has 5 superfans, i am one of them
if super7 has one superfan, that one is me
if super7 has no superfans, i'm no longer alive
if the world is against super7, i'm against the entire world
til my last breath, i'll support brian flynn
>>
>>10936213
this is beautiful
>>
>>10936213
Post your toys then, spaz.
>>
>>10936213
Do you have the articulation to work his balls and his shaft at the same time?
>>
All of the little issues have finally added up to a big problem. The main line that I buy from S7 is Thundercats. I have a handful of Joes and TMNT but not many. I was basically dipping my toe in on those and what I saw turned me off from other lines I otherwise might've been interested in like Simpsons and ST:TNG.

Thundercats, though, is just unforgivable. Immediately doubling the prices over Mattel and then coming out of the gate with assembly mistakes? Come on. But then he took so long to do the main team, so long that he "had" to keep chipping chip away at accessories and packaging, until small figures like Snarfer come with virtually nothing for $5 more. I said so many times before, he was 20 years too late to the party.

I don't see picking up another line from them ever. He's seriously poisoned the well.
>>
GI Joe Ultimates wave just got canceled for not meeting the minimum number of orders S7 needed. All S7 preorders are crowdfunds now.
>>
>>10938090
The DiC wave? I’m not surprised… kind of bummed because that was the only chance to fix the face of the lady jaye but it is what it is
>>
>>10938090
Wait, source?
>>
File: GKQbiYYWYAARAzK.jpg (62 KB, 900x515)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>10938100
https://twitter.com/poweredconvoy/status/1775574432724996388
>>
>>10938123
Is there a chance we see super7 go bankrupt soon?
>>
>>10938158
If they were actually funding their projects through tons and tons of pre-orders...they might be in some serious trouble.
>>
>>10938095
>that was the only chance to fix the face of the lady jaye
The best chance was for Super7 to apologize and provide proper painted heads to people who bought the flawed unpainted wave 2. But they didn't, which created a massive wave of distrust and resentment of folks who lost trust & faith in Super7. Personally I won't touch Ultimates after that fuckup and "fuck you" to the customers.
>>
>>10938159
>funding their projects through tons and tons of pre-orders...
SuperPonzi7
>>
>>10938214
not the first time
they did the same shit with tygra not having his arm band and

personally I was still all on on these despite their issues (largely buying at discount), since hasbro is simply never going to make animation accurate joes, but looks like this line is in as much danger as the rest of theirs these days.
>>
File: angry robo man.png (680 KB, 493x517)
680 KB
680 KB PNG
What is this weird stuff they put out?
>>
>>10938246
It's a rap group mascot. It's actually a good niche for them to do mascots.
>>
>>10938246
>>10938249
the music stuff is actually some of the coolest stuff they're doing, no one else is going to make a lemmy kilmister or biggie smalls. can't imagine it sells that well but it is a niche they have no one else has attempted
>>
>>10938214
It shocks me anyone preorders from a company only showing renders rather than a physical prototype/factory sample.
>>
This whole story is a nothing burger, it amounts to
>super7 says they're going to start making better toys.
Ok when it's out then we'll know.
>>
>>10938292
Not everyone agrees that double jointed elbows and knees are better, only everyone but Brian.
>>
>>10938297
double jointed elbows aren't going to make up for the shit paint apps, glossy plastic, bad tolerances, questionable engineering choices, they have a lot of work to do before their toys are going to be worth it, slapping some double joints in ain't it
>>
>>10938090
>All S7 preorders are crowdfunds now.

Always were.
>>
>>10938369
Seems weird they got away with it for so long until recently.
>>
>>10938214
I know. Turned me off of ordering any more (already had Scarlet on order at the time). They've been at this how many years and keep making the same mistakes? Wish it was possible to make a toy without being a trust fund baby.
>>
>>10938482
neco ambassador program is not a career it is not a job, target gift card is not real currency
>>
>>10938535
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>10933349
too little too late
>>
>>10933349
Guess they fired Crimson Cuckmander
>>
/toy/ seems far more hostile to Super 7 than the average collector communities on the internet...or are they all just hiding their vitriol because they aren't anonymous?
>>
>>10939551
This place is much more hostile to every toyline than the average community.
I wish S7 was better and I genuinely hope they can turn things around; I am someone who buys a lot of their stuff simply because no one else is making it. They deserve the vitriol, for every 1 good figure I get from them it feels like I get 3 duds.
>>
>>10939577
trust super7, trust brian. they’re trying really hard to please all of the superfans after a string of bad luck. come back to super7, send them your energy.
>>
>>10939587
save your shitposting for necanon
>>
>>10939589
oh, excuse me.
>>
>>10939587
You've never bought a Super7 toy in your life.
>>
>>10939616
have so
>>
>>10939653
Any word from Brian about gi joe wave 6? Does this mean that line is basically done?
>>
>>10939551
It's mostly just the Neca-baby from the TMNT threads. He floats into the Jada and GI Joe threads too. He's a very vocal poorfag.
>>
>>10939970
Wave 6 isn't actually the 6th wave, and was a seperate thing according to Brian within the past month.
>>
>>10939970
GI Joe is officially cancelled.
>>
>>10940076
I am gonna guess that is S7's new head that now won't be made. Because if it was the old one i don't get what people were complaining about
>>
>>10940295
scarlett's head was fine, its lady jaye/duke/blue baroness that have fucked up faces. Baroness luckily was the costume few people care about but jaye & duke are egregious considering they're among the core cast of joes
>>
>>10939551
I don't know about any of the other IPs Super7 makes figures for, but /kaiju/ was pretty representative of how most collectors felt toward the first wave of Ultimates figures. They were dogshit and people were very vocal about it here, on facebook, and on the various kaiju forms. That hostility has definitely lessened after the excellent Wave 3, but there are still people that refuse to give them another chance after getting burned with that first wave.
>>
>>10941170
>excellent Wave 3
Yeah, no, those were just as shit as the first wave. If not moreso.
>>
>>10941180
are you the schizophrenic dude, who haunts /kaiju/? because the fact Wave 3 sold out and Destroyah is going for $400 and Meltdown Godzilla is going for $300 says you're wrong
>>
>>10941188
No, that just means there were less made because Super7's fucked up the whole market and that there's a ton of stupid people out there. Wave 3 was total garbage.
>>
I recently found a Super 7 Red Ranger for about half price on Ebay and anything I should be warned about for this figure before it arrives? Besides putting it in a kettle of boiling water to loosen the joints?
>>
>>10941221
Loosening joints by scorching hot water or blow dryer is a Neca special or you risk breaka. With Super7, you might need to add a dab of Pledge to tighten things up.
>>
File: 2023-09-16 22.35.16.jpg (323 KB, 1069x1069)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>10933986
I've pre-ordered several, and they're worth the price of admission. I've also gotten a few that I hadn't planned to get when they go on sale (pic related), but I strongly disagree with "only at a discount." The S7 TMNT are kino.
>>
>>10938249
>>10938251
Yes, the music has always been a good angle for them, especially given their punk/skate culture-driven origins. The big corporate life was never meant for them...I had followed them for quite a while, so when all those deals started getting signed it felt like my favorite band selling out.
>>
>>10941346
They're pretty good, and I do like the ones I own, but for this kind of price they should be better. The articulation in particular was a huge disappointment.
>>
>>10941346
>and they're worth the price of admission.
Only like, two of them are worth the actual price. Everything else is only worth the clearance prices.
>>
>>10941260
Oh! You have literally no experience with either company's toys apparently. You shouldn't reply to people then.
>>
>>10941690
its pronounce ñeca
>>
>>10941690
You're a liar.
>>
>>10941346
They can be really good, and I got into the first few waves. But I will never defend Super7's pricing.
>>
Flynn refuted these rumors on a podcast. He says things are going well. They wonder why this rumor gained traction. I'd think probably because enough people don't like the company's output.
>>
>>10944755
He knows exactly why it gained traction, they have tons of price slashing on almost every figure they’ve made in the past 3 years, are constantly having to cancel entire waves of product now, are losing licenses and aborting lines entirely. Even if they are doing fine none of it looks good.
>>
File: super soy.png (104 KB, 366x488)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>10933828
>>
>>10944755
This gives off the same vibe Lego did when they purported that Bionicle G2 sold well even though they trash canned the line after a year and a half
>>
>>10944907
Selling about as well as a typical line but not nearly on the level of the first version seems plausible. Lots of themes don't last longer than 2 years.
>>
>>10944755
Still not buying any of their overpriced shit.
>>
>>10944755
>Flynn refuted these rumors
Flynn also said they were not able to make vac-metal Silverhawks. Whoopsie-Doodle! Flynn is on record already as a fucking LIAR.
>>
>>10944755
Fuck off CC, your shit company is dying
>>
>>10945314
We’re in our Return to New York sabbatical, slumming it in the woods, baby. We’ll come roaring back very soon and catch you and randolt unawares.
>>
>>10944755
>Flynn refuted these rumors on a podcast.
He NEVER addressed whether or not he still had final say on line assortments. He intentionally "misinterpreted" what was said then spoke to that rather than the actual accusation, then he still blamed the commentors. He really does come across as narcissistic as many have claimed him to be. the video is up on youtube if you can stand watching this liar. Bonus points to his complete shock for failing to grasp why his GI Joe repaint wave of Ultimates failed to fund at $55 per figure. This dude is seriously out of touch.
>>
>>10946328
leftists are accustomed to being able to sell crappy products at insane mark ups if they do the proper virtue signaling. but it's not that simple in the action figure game.
>>
>>10944956
NTA, but Lego plots their lines for 3 years as a base. A fair number don't make it but very few keeled over as abruptly as G2 did
>>
File: 20240410_134524.jpg (1.47 MB, 4000x1848)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
I finally get Bartman and Super 7 didn't even bother to paint the white iconic circles on his shoes wtf.
>>
>>10946626
I'm too much of a lazy faggot to Google it but that's one of two things
The specific Bartman they referenced doesn't have those but it's on the mold cause they had planned to reuse it
Or
They're lazy fags also and deserve to lose the license
>>
Brian's preorder griping is tiresome. He wants to put all of the risk on the consumer that these actually turn out worthwhile, rather than gauge interest and put in a factory order and sell product like most companies. It's going to take a combination of great products from Super7 and extreme scarcity to reverse the trend. For his sake, I hope the Reddit post is actually true to some degree and they're looking at improving the quality of the product. To just do nothing will likely doom then because how many more licenses can they acquire with a fanbase starving for action figures that will support them in the short term?
>>
File: I_am_Bartman%21.jpg (26 KB, 327x271)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>10946636
even when a company chooses to omit paint apps. They keep the circles.
>>
File: I_am_Bartman%21.png (1.53 MB, 1022x1439)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>10946626
>>10946728
>>
>>10946626
>he paid full price for a super7 product
I’m sorry anon
>>
File: 20240410_161533.jpg (1.82 MB, 4000x1848)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
Easy fix but looking forward to Jakks since they can do Sonic and Mario ok.
>>
File: randulfneco2.jpg (157 KB, 1024x1024)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
https://voca.ro/1ibB4tGrD5H5
>>
>>10946771
It's funny how the Bartman is probably the worst looking toy in that grouping.
>>
File: 20240410_173806.jpg (1.77 MB, 4000x1848)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
I just wanted a new articulated Bartman...
>>
>>10946874
I get Simpsons are a particularly difficult kind of line to articulate and keep the aesthetic looking good, but...damn. Like...really? Damn.
>>
>>10946874
Bartman could've just been an extra head and a cape accessory. What a ripoff
>>
>>10946842
saved
>>
I find it quite hilarious that simpsons fans actually care about articulation of their figures.
>>
>>10946626
>Sloppy 7
>>
I'm going to regret buying these one day
>>
File: urU.gif (421 KB, 500x375)
421 KB
421 KB GIF
>>10947176
Why not? it's been nothing but 5poa shit til Super7
>>
>>10944755
You mean this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbua9jxqvVA
This fag has been letting Brian use his channel for free PR for months now. Nothing but Veebs sucking Brian's cock with the occasional rehearsed softball question.

Brian denies the Reddit post without addressing any of its points. Says Super7 is doing great, but then immediately talks about GI Joe wave 6 getting cancelled due to low preorders. He complains that people don't preorder anymore, but claims that's not just a Super7 issue because preorders are low industry-wide. Of course he doesn't back this up. Somehow the thought never crosses Brian's mind that people have been burned due to shit QC, bullshot renders, high prices, and discounts after release. This guy just refuses to take accountability for anything, it's either fake news or it's someone else's fault. It's the factory's fault for poor QC, it's the customer's fault for not preordering sight unseen, we're not ACTUALLY doing poorly, etc. Nothing but deflection or denial.

>>10940079
https://super7.com/products/gi-joe-ultimates-wave-06-dic-baroness-scarlett-lady-jaye
>G.I. Joe ULTIMATES! Wave 6 (DIC) Baroness, Scarlett & Lady Jaye
>>
>>10947226
Yeah, people are sick of preordering...when it takes five years to get the items to us. Brian's an idiot.
>>
>>10947204
i ordered krusty and hank scorpio
>>
>>10947226
>This guy just refuses to take accountability for anything
Nailed it. And then he tries to use FOMO for pre-orders, "well you might miss out and it goes for $200 a week later!" He's such a raging narcissist and utterly out of touch with his fan base.
>>
File: IMG_1270.jpg (481 KB, 1191x1217)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>10947295
That’s really sleazy, you’re right, spooking your fans into FOMO
>>
>>10947204
I want to get kang and kodos but $150 is so fucking much for what are effectively statues.. hoping for a sale
>>
>>10947310
Pic unrelated
>>
>>10947366
It's guaranteed they'll go on clearance. Brian isn't winning back anyone at this point, especially if the reddit post was fake. Means the same problems as always will continue forward. Because Brian can't adapt to modern toy making for some reason. Super7 has been left behind by every toy maker at this point.
>>
>>10947854
It was a decent run. I got pretty good updates to some of my most beloved TMNT figures, and some pretty awesome Godzilla figs that had never been made before in poseable form (rose Biollante, 1200c Godzilla, etc). I wish they had done a better job or worked on improving themselves more, but I'm not mad at what I got out of it.
>>
It must have hurt to admit he can't do it. No Usagi. Not getting full waves, or even consecutive waves, of vintage-inspired figures anymore. I know Brian is a fucking fool, but even he must see the writing on the wall for TMNT. And I'm sure that helps drive the pre-order griping because he's building in an excuse when he cancels yet another line.

Oh, you see, it's nothing Super7 could have done. People just aren't pre-ordering this amazing, perfectly flawless product for nebulous 'the economy' reasons. And we couldn't POSSIBLY just sell toys, like a toy company. Because we're not a toy company. We're an artisanal, high-end collectible company that ONLY sells directly to the customer. As long as that 'customer' includes most major toy retailers, including fucking Toys R' Us and nearly every toy e-tailer on the fucking planet.

Goddamn. This fucking guy is such an absolute tool that it's genuinely infuriating to me. Doubly infuriating that he constantly gets away with it because no one with access to him has the balls to call his bullshit out.
>>
>>10946842
kek
>>
>>10946842
Holy shit I wrote the original lyrics for this. Based anon.
>>
>>10948514
Holy shit someone should bash your head in with a brick
>>
File: randulfneco.jpg (148 KB, 1024x1024)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>10948514
Have you heard the fresh new cut of "Mah tub", anon?
https://voca.ro/18Y1W4rPNohD
>>
File: file.jpg (24 KB, 512x512)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>10948621
Kek, that's fantastic.
>>
>>10946842
>>10948621
These are fucking incredible
>>
File: IMG_3349.jpg (188 KB, 1000x667)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
This was recorded live at the New York Philharmonic with Aaron Tveit last year, a different take of "In the Court of the Poorfag King." Breathtaking.
https://voca.ro/1aPCYEm0AU45
>>
>>10948538
Cry harder NECAnon. We're posting essential /toy/core now.
https://voca.ro/14DZM6n6I2Zv
>>
>>10947204
You should feel regret now.
>>
>>10948361
The company is a sinking ship. 2003 garbage isn't even going to save them.
>>
>>10946842
>>10948621
>>10948676
>>10948723
Okay this is kino
>>
>>10948906
Why won't the chinese make a coomer statue of Irma?
>>
>>10947310
Why would people spend 300 bucks for Rocksteady and Bebop in rabbit suits? Are they crazy?
>>
>>10949785
Because of, well, fear of missing out. Once people get invested into a line they feel compelled to collect the whole thing because it would be incomplete without ALL the entries. And when companies intentionally release product in obtuse and obscure ways it triggers that urge to buy into something even if it's a bad investment because of the fear of never being able to complete the collection. Toy collecting, especially for children's media, is probably a symptom of a larger mental illness that companies prey on.
>>
>>10949789
>Once people get invested into a line they feel compelled to collect the whole thing because it would be incomplete without ALL the entries.
It's odd to me but I see people who have this issue. I've never felt the need to have everything from a line. Usually I just pick and choose what figures I want.

I feel like people who have that impulse to collect everything from the line, even characters they don't want, should just refrain from collecting unless they're rich, as it will get out of hand in space at least -- if not money (depending on the size of the line anyway).
>>
>>10949785
Because they like the characters? Because it's fun having different variants of those characters, especially silly ones like that? Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand?
>>
>>10949895
Nah, it’s like the other anon said. It’s mental illness. Buying Neca at all is mental illness.
>>
>>10949898
Oh, of course you're just a shitposter.
>>
>>10949878
i understand completionism for people who only collect one line... but people rarely do
>>
>>10949895
Thats about the silliest look they could have. Classic looks all the way bro
>>
File: Ambassador.jpg (127 KB, 640x699)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
https://voca.ro/16buEc30Uroj
>>
>>10947206
I thought simpsons fans just collected those 5poa shit like funko pops.
>>
https://voca.ro/17gN6BfoKSxO
I think this might be the best thing I've ever done with this. Unironically goes hard.
>>
>>10951745
I was having difficulty with this King Crimson cover, anon. I’m putting this on my playlist unironically.
>>
>>10951745
You should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>10952048
Calm down NECAnon. It's just a bit of banter. Sorry that upsets you so much. Try r/actionfigures instead.
>>
File: IMG_5186.jpg (592 KB, 800x686)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>10951745
Kekabunga anon
>>
>>10952051
Here's hoping you fall down glass covered stairs.
>>
>>10952057
Why are you so angry?
>>
>>10951745
You're an even bigger loser than the losers in the Neitlich thread. Jesus.
>>
>>10952070
Why won't you answer the question? Why so angry?
>>
Super7 is now SO DESPERATE that they're advertising on FB for that video where Flynn denies the rumors! kek!
>>
>>10947226
I preorder stuff often.

I don't preorder super 7 stuff because their final products don't follow through on promo shots on top of being overpriced and going on clearance all the time.

This is definitely a super7 problem. Not an industry problem.
>>
File: 1700884790374758.png (176 KB, 1194x228)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
kek
>>
>>10949898
It’s like “bug chasers” in the lgbt community only in toy form.
>>
>>10959694
is that what is meant by randy’s gift talk?
>>
>>10959935
Nah, it's just you being a retarded troll
>>
>>10960234
randy's "gift" is literally being pozzed by neca aids.
>>
>>10958026
Are they going to have to stop making reaction figures?
>>
>>10960247
You're a scummy retard. Drown yourself.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.