[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: JADS9Z1.jpg (584 KB, 2662x1996)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
Hey /toy/ what are some good display cabinets for miniatures?

I want something enclosed by simple wood on the sides and back and with a glass door, but Im having a lot of trouble finding that.
Maybe you can help?

"Muuhh statues aren't allowed on toy" shut the fuck up you have warhammer threads regularly and also I'm banned from /tg/ for a day, you can put up with one more non-marvel action figure thread.
>>
>>10947886
Well hey, sure, I love to help o-
>shut the fuck up
k
>>
>I was banned from /tg/ so I came to /toy/ to make my shitty off-topic thread
Should have been a longer ban
>>
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/billy-hoegbo-bookcase-comb-w-glass-doors-white-s29494421/
>>
>>10947886
Rule 2 only applies to Jap figurines. The only person likely to complain is the chungus furry troll, and that thing is barely a person. Anything that makes that SEAnigger seethe is fine with me. You pretty much have painted army men, and yes we have an army men thread, and a Warhammer thread, but the Warhammer thread is more about the Joytoy line. Either way, I don't give a fuck.
Cabinets, IKEA Billy bookcase with glass doors like >>10948436 said. Or look in antique stores for old crystal cabinets if you want something classier. You'll want some transparent shelf risers as well, unless you are putting scenery in them.
>>
>>10947886
Leave and never return.
>>
File: drag-me-to-hell.gif (162 KB, 220x126)
162 KB
162 KB GIF
>>10948436
oh hey this is perfect! the taller version is just what I wanted for my bjd displays too.
>>10948549
Yeah I figured, I was being pedantic to get engagement because it works. If a couple anons get a laugh at low hanging fruit that's fine so long as I get an answer. Thanks an-
>>10948552
>>
>>10947886
Me and my buddy threw this together for ablut 80 bucks in 4 hours, but we were fucking off and werent in a rush to finish it. Its pretty easy to built your own cases. The trim is spaced off the shelves by a little bit more than the thickness of the plexiglass and the trim piece on the left is held on with small magnets. If you have access to some basic wood working tools, just build your own
>>
>>10951247
oh this is lovely anon

I actually like it a lot better than a shelf. my only worry is pissing off my apartment complex drilling holes in their walls.
>>
>>10953938
Go to the hardware store and get some spackle. That will easily fill any holes you make when you move out, just squirt it in the holes and level it off with your finger.
>>
>>10953938
Im also an apartmentfag, but fuck em. Like>>10954066 says just spackle the holes when you move out. Youll be alot happier if you build what you want rather than trying to find something commercially. I spaced my shelves out 3 3/4 inches which is plenty for my trains, but if youre doing figures then you would probably need to space them out more.
>>
>>10951247
>>10953938
>>10954066
I agree with all this. I think you can do it for less than $80.

You might also enjoy trying to find someone with the tools who needs help with some other different skill (you're a good cook, you're a good accountant and can do taxes, etc.) and you can barter parts of the job. Things like painting is something any idiot can do but you might need the right tools to at least cut the wood.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.