[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I’ve currently been using nicer bookshelves I received for free, but I feel like they’re not the best for figures. I’m curious what other anons use for their displays.
>detolfs
I know, but don’t they not sell them anymore?
>>
>>10950488
China was just toys for old people
>>
I display my JP futa import figures next to her heirloom china.
I love you grandma.
>>
I kinda want to get into making dollhouse style rooms with some lighting to display figures in.

There were a bunch of femanons who had absolutely based dollhouse threads here years ago and modded some calicokids tree. I'd be intrested in seeing those again but don't have my own material to really contribute or feel like I should start them.
>>
>>10950488
It’s just our version of Hummels. I still have a really old Detolf that I just rotate my display into, but I do kinda need something else.
>>
File: 81yWVeiRg-L.jpg (337 KB, 1224x1632)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>10950488
I've got 7 detolfs, a Neutype double door cabinet, a wall shelf, and two book shelves that I put a row of figures in front of the books. Other than a third bookshelf which can be accented with figures like the others, that's all I plan to get. The Neutype(picture isn't mine, just an example) is what I went with after detolfs became $130 and while it was a bitch to build, it looks better than the detolfs imo since it doesn't have the railing on the sides. However, there are some bootleg detolfs on Amazon that also forego the rails. I tend to prefer cabinets since even without dustproofing they let in so little dust for it to be a non-issue, though there's something neat about figures being out in the open and being able to tweak their poses at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>10951359
I mean, I do have some displays like this, once you get 'too many' figures, you don't really have a lot of choice unless you have a home THAT big or with that much space.

When I lived in San Francisco, I had a huge ass railroad flat and only one roommate and I brought my old Lionel train and literally had it on the crown molding that went up along the walls. Sadly, while I was away at school, my mom had moved things around in the old metal storage shed my dad had constructed in the back yard, and even though it had a proper cement slab, she allowed the boxes these were stored in to get wet and I could get the train set to 'go/turn on' any more. But they looked cool once I cleaned them up and removed the rust.

That double parlor (essentially two big rooms with those sliding doors in between that you see on some of those period piece TV shows) would have made a great collectible room.

It had a built in 'China Closet' that ran from floor to ceiling, so there would have been storage below, an open area, plus built-in shelves behind glass in at least two rows (sometimes three, depending on the size of the Victorian ceilings which could sometimes be 14 feet) for display.

I would love to live in someplace like that today, even if I didn't have way too many toys!
>>
File: eFX_I4Nt_400x400.jpg (29 KB, 400x400)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>10951359
Wow great poses...
>>
>>10950498
the original limited edition statue collection enjoyers
>>
>>10951359
what about building the shelf was hard? I see a lot of reviews saying you need 2 people to build but is it possible for just 1?
>>
>>10965293
The instructions weren't very clear at points and they cheaped out on some of the less important materials which made it more time consuming than it would've been to build two detolfs. The finished product was worth the hassle, but I definitely wouldn't recommend building it alone, mainly for securing the two back glass pieces together. Maybe you could brace it against the wall, though, if you can get anyone else to help you, better to do that rather than risk something breaking.
>>
>>10951359
>>10966237
Do the handles on the front bother you at all?
>>
File: 81dPEHklECL[1].jpg (395 KB, 1224x1632)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
>>10966401
I thought they'd bother me more when I first ordered it, but you kind of adapt to them and stop seeing them after a while. I prefer it to the other main alternative I was considering, the Milsbo, since that thick frame's more intrusive imo. Here's another pic with more standard lighting(again not mine, as mine is filled with statues) for anyone considering buying one. Home Depot actually has it for a great price right now. It was out of stock there at the time and I got mine from Lowes for about $100 more.
>>
>>10967526
Nice hot toys collection anon
>>
>>10950488
i took all my detolfs to the local landfill
felt great

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.