[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 51UMKAXm+iL._AC_SL1368_.jpg (70 KB, 1000x1347)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
How are Boss Fight Studio's Popeye figures?
>>
>>10955750
i've heard they're very limited. most people Ive asked end up suggesting I buy the dasin popeye instead.
>>
>>10955750
Hat doesn't connect to head in any meaningful way
>>
File: images.png (8 KB, 232x217)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>10955750
good but the hat doesn't stick to the head. Also it's way too big. He isn't Mario, it should be way smaller
>>
>>10956465
>>10956542
I thought it was on a magnet?
>>
>>10955750
>>10956465
>>10956542
I’m honestly not sure why they gave him the hair like they did, most people think of Popeye as bald or very minimal hair instead they gave him a full head of orange hair that you have to battle with to keep the hat on. And I doubt anyone wants to display him with the hat off anyways. I wish instead of the barely different alternate head they made the other one bald so you could easily get the hat on and have the more iconic Popeye look.

>>10956009
The Dasin Popeye looks really good and matches the cartoon way more. It’s just kind of expensive nowadays.
>>
>>10955750
I just have Wimpy and poses as advertised. He also has double ball jointed ankle rockers, but also a friction attached hat.
>>10957329
$50 for a better toy is very worth it. Also if you or anyone is iffy on buying one from china, mine's still fine. One pipe broke off on arrival, but luckily, it was on a head i dont use
>>
>>10957458
so the ones from AliExpress are legit? I thought they were knockoffs of Dasin.
>>
>>10957459
you could find out for us, i got it via ebay. Isn't Dasin china-based anyway, and not just the "made in" part?
>>
>>10955750
I have the one in OP. Hat sits loose, but the joints are pretty good and you can get him into a pose similar to >>10956542 if you want. I have several of the Bucky O'Hare figures, and Sam & Max by the same company. Pretty good detail, stand well on their own with nice poseability.
>>
>>10957459
>>10957497
Yeah, Dasin/Great Toys/Whatever the fuck are based in China so pretty much no chance of bootlegs. If you want a trustworthy site then I can personally vouch for ChinaModelToys since that is where I got my Bleach figures from.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.