[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5790.png (279 KB, 427x534)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
>get into hot wheels recently
>everytime i try looking thru racks for a treasure hunt these neckbeards and greasy faggots are hogging the aisle and preventing me from looking through it instead and pick the racks clean of all the good cars, probably just to scalp them too
I fucking hate this hobby
>>
>>10955915
Aww does the fat bearded man intimidate you baby boy? Can't get your wittle cars? Man up, say excuse me and get in there.
>>
File: This.gif (445 KB, 300x186)
445 KB
445 KB GIF
>>10955955
This
>>
>>10955915
>neckbeards
When someone looks at you seething at them in the toy isle they percieve you as among their ranks
>>
>>10955915
>these neckbeards and greasy faggots
you’re no better than them. You’re buying the same shit.
>>
>>10955915
Anon, go to Krogers and Walmart Neighborhood markets.
>>
>>10955915
Sounds like you fit right in anon.
Why don't you try bonding with the greasy neckfags instead of bitching that other people are into the social reject hobby you are?
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (110 KB, 1280x720)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>10955915
Get into better brands. Hot wheels are overrated.
Also, check out the diecast general thread >>10930077
>>
>>10955915
Look into Mini GT/Mini GT Kaido House, Tarmac Works and Inno64 instead. Are they more expensive? Yes. Are they infinitely better-made than Hot Wheels, easily ordered online, and allow you to avoid the unwashed hoards of greasy creeps who insist on collecting Hot Wheels? Also yes.
>>
>>10955915
I assume you own no mirrors
>>
>>10958070
>>10958093
You don't get it at all. Nobody collects hot wheels because they are good models -- there used to be some, 100% line, but now there are none. You collect hit wheels because they are right here and they are like a buck and you're on a hunt for that one car you dreamed of as a kid. It is about going through the pegs and not aboit getting a good scale model.
>>
>>10955955
If you aren't disgusted by That Hot Wheels Guy, you are That Hot Wheels Guy.
>>
>>10955915
>hot wheels anon complaining about faggots not moving
the irony
>>
>>10955915
Let people enjoy things...

>picrel 1971 Hot Wheels Redline Purple Bye-focal
>>
>>10960214
testing out tripcodes.
Have another redline!
>>
>>10955915

from an outsiders perspective It must be hell collecting those things.
Hot-wheels seems to attract the scummiest resellers.

Where I live I see them at my local department store sometimes in the mornings, always Chinese, with a pile of shipment boxes some staff member they obviously have a deal with brings them from out back, going through the entire stack taking all the even slightly valuable stock.They leave with 2 shopping trolleys full at least, It must happen every time a shipment comes in.
>>
>>10956047
What they're buying isn't the issue.
>>
>>10955915
i love how they put 16 each in every Walmart and Target exclusive 72 case but one reseller grabs every last one out of multiple cases
>>
>>10958822
>You collect hit wheels because they are right here and they are like a buck and you're on a hunt for that one car you dreamed of as a kid.
I get it. That's the point. I used to collect Hot Wheels. Hot Wheels are supossed to be available but most of the "good cars" are always scalped and sometimes the resale prices end up at mini gt level prices, so at this point might as well just buy a mini gt or other display tier brands.
I still buy hot wheels sometimes, but I don't "hunt" anymore.
>>
>>10960524
OP here, their literally was a walmart employee yesterday going thru the racks and blockading me from going thru it even when i tried butting in. Fucking hell all i want is one treasure hunt for fucks sake
>>
>>10960636
Have you tried punching them?
>>
>>10960731
>getting arrested over fucking hot wheels
Believe me when i say that i wanted to punch them, tho
>>
as a wagecuck there's nothing I hate more than the hot wheels dads because they tear the toy aisle to fucking shreds like they're five years old
>>
>>10958822
>>10960590
If you aren't buying hot wheels to put them on the track you might as well buy any other die cast car.
>t. about to do some hot laps with a world race Deora II
>>
>>10955915
You can either buy an entire case pack off of EE or just collect cool fantasy cars. Otherwise you're just wasting your time looking for treasure hunts. I've gotten 2 the last couple weeks and they're worth a whopping $7 on the aftermarket before shipping. Kinda fun to have and find, but now I have a Tooligan I don't even really want.
>>
>>10961278
>tooligan
Thats the main one im looking for too
>>
>>10955915
Damn you hate to see cognitive dissonance of this magnitude.
>>
File: 1713623589381970.webm (2.83 MB, 404x720)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>10955915
>everytime i try looking thru racks for a treasure hunt these neckbeards and greasy faggots are hogging the aisle and preventing me from looking through it instead and pick the racks clean of all the good cars
Look in the mirror, retard. Holy shit.
>>
>>10955915
Go to hobby shop, get Johnny Lightning, Corgi, Oxford, Busch and Green Light instead. That or vintage Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Corgi, or Dinky.
>>
>>10955915
>Not realizing he's one of those very same neckbeards and greasy faggots he's complaining about
The utter lack of self-awareness of people in this modern day and age never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>10960515
At my Walmart, on top of the tourist zoomers and occasional poor person that saw TikToks about what hotwheels are “worth money”, it’s the same middle aged dude that comes every night when the pallets are put out without fail. Everything cool and “eBay worthy” never makes it to shelves. I couldn’t even find anything cool while I was working there because it was all scooped up before my shift ended.
>>
File: IMG_0310.png (79 KB, 253x245)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>10961354
How does IRL mr queasy have so much molten barf liquid inside of him to vomit for a whole minute straight?
>>
>>10955915
the fat smelly neckbeards are probably actual hot wheels enjoyers, scalpers usually look kinda clean cut and showered and usually wear bluetooth headsets
>>
>>10961658
Looks like a sportsball game, probably gulped down 1+ gallon of bud light. It's mostly liquid if you look at it
>>
>>10961354
Oh god I have tears rolling down my face from laughing.
And how is no-one else around him wretching?
>>
>>10955915
I used to work at Kmart when they had Hot Wheels Collectors Events one Saturday every few weeks. "A chance to get an unopened box and look through it for the newest models!" If your number was drawn (we'd get a crowd of about 40 people for the 2hr event), you get to look through a box for 5 minutes and get up to 5 cars from it to buy. Some of them would bring neighborhood kids to search for them, some would bring their own kids, husbands and wives would try to get a box, huge thing for them.
The problem was that every so often at least one person would think the cars are there just for them, and they'd get upset because I didn't draw their number, or didn't give them a specific box. Some black lady showed up about an hour into the thing, got her number picked, then made a big ruckus about how it's her turn to "beat whitey." She almost caused a fight because of that.
tl;dr hot wheels collectors can be real nice or big fat jerks. there is no middle ground.
>>
>>10955915
Just say hello and he'll run away. They scare easily.
>>
File: 53683657779_4f0153dab8_k.jpg (273 KB, 2048x1149)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>10969289

I remember those events. My brother and I would go with my dad but we were 13 or 14 years old and collected more than he did. The shitters who brought everyone that could possibly convince to come were always there. But they were still fun.
>>
>just bought a fuck load of Hot Wheels because it's cheaper than getting my beat up firebird restored
Yep I'm autistic but at least I have fun. The 69 Charger is my GOAT since I got into this hobby and I got the Yellow Submarine and some others as well today.
>>
are hot wheel collectors the true bottom of the barrel? Anything else that has a similar tier of collector? I imagine the fact that they are so cheap plays a factor into the level of subhumanity among the collector base.
>>
File: goode.gif (498 KB, 560x499)
498 KB
498 KB GIF
>>10959154
what ever dude, looks like im getting all the cool hotwheels
>>
>>10955915
>hobby

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.