[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CttY-ZJWYAAnP2M.jpg (110 KB, 1080x1080)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Come join us as we watch the building slowly burn to the ground.

The situation has changed for Hasbro over the past 3 months, and not for the better. (meaning /toy/, /tg/ and /containment/ were right)
>Larian Studios said goodbye since they were paying for a license but everyone who consulted them is laid off from the company
>D&D/MTG is in rapid decline to the dismay of /tg/
>CEO Cocks broke his vow not to use AI for D&D
>Cynthia Williams is the fall gal for these failings to pretend ''they're fixing the problems'' while looting the company's coffers.
>TF/GI Joe merch sales are slowing down again, losing the little bit of recovery they had.
>Board games sales are down.
>Horses ''little girl audience'' no longer exists, /containmentfandom/ is at 10% of its original size and is irrelevant to Hasbro's merch. Merch and show are ignored by everyone.
>Retailers are en masse replacing Hasbro merchandise with competitors because it isn't selling. FurReal Friends are being removed from stores worldwide by many retailers.

https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/hasbro-has-reports-earnings-tomorrow-what-to-expect-3390468
>This quarter analysts are expecting Hasbro's revenue to decline 26% year on year to $740.9 million, a further deceleration on the 13.9% year-over-year decrease in revenue the company had recorded in the same quarter last year. Adjusted earnings are expected to come in at $0.28 per share.
>The analysts covering the company have been growing increasingly bearish about the business heading into the earnings, with revenue estimates seeing three downward revisions over the last thirty days. The company missed Wall St's revenue estimates four times over the last two years.

>MUH 2 more weeks
That's not how it works

In 10 hours, we'll know how it goes. Throw your bets in anons.
>>
>this guy again
Jesus dude, give it a rest already. Hasbro isn't going to die.
>>
They're going to sell a lot of their brands soon. Screencap this.
>>
>>10962946
But I don't care
>>
>>10963014
Bet. I want to see the horsefuckers sperging when that happens
>>
>>10962946
>Hasbro destroyed by Cocks
Horses and LPS have lost their little girl audience because no little girl wants anything that has been touched by Cocks.
They should let go of Cocks. Maybe Cocks could take a cut.
>>
>>10962946
There’s rumours in the business world that they might be attempting to sell some of their bigger properties to TenCent. Transformers in particular is very popular in China as it’s one of the few Western cartoons that was broadcast there when the regime was more overtly communist in its treatment of foreign media.
>>
>>10963025
No other posts will top this one. Let's call the thread a rap
>>
>>10963028
Doubtful. Transformers is one of the few things that’s actually making them money.
>>
>>10963028
>>10963065
Or is it? They gleefully said that they ''got more revenue'' from it. Doesn't mean profit, and (((moneypeople))) like their weaselwords .
>>
>>10963028
Doubt, because I don't think Takara Tomy will stand for it. But I agree with >>10963023 that they're going to sell the horses. And LPS too
>>
>>10962946
they've been losing their ass since the 2015 star wars movie line, tons of shit just stagnant at retail, I hope they lose the marvel license and Playmates gets that too
>>
>>10963014
Not sell. License them.

They already do with Power Rangers, Playmates toys will make toys in 2025 for Hasbro PR.
>>
https://toybook.com/hasbro-q1-earnings-revenue-slides-as-business-model-evolves/
>While the company beat Wall St. estimates on profit and margin, revenue slid 24% versus Q1 last year amid a massive 21% decline in its Consumer Products segment which includes toys and games.
>''our turnaround is working''
>>
>>10963028
No way they are selling off transformers of all things, it’s one of the only genuinely successful brands they have, their shares would go into freefall.
>>
>>10963237
They can't even sell it, it's a condominium between them and Takara Tomy.
>>
>>10963215
This. By licensing brand out to other manufacturers (like the Gi Joe/TF Page Punchers from McFarlane and various Star Wars/Nerf and other things to Jazwares too), they still earn a profit through royalties, but don't have the risk of paying to produce and then have the stuff not sell through.
>>
Feels pretty based seeing Americans fail as always.
>>
>>10963028
Optimus Prime: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Chinese government: Hmm this seems legit to broadcast to our slave labor populace!
>>
>>10963028
You are brainwashed by your media. Most of the western cartoon shows from 80s to early 2000 were dubbed and broadcasted in China, including every single Cartoon Network show. Same applies to many other asian countries, but with lesser variety.
>>
>>10963827
Was GI Joe turned into some kind of retrofitted version of the Chinese military or did they leave it American?
>>
>>10962946
Hasbro, you shall burn, for what you did to g4 mlp and classic lps, and many other toys. I will rejoice at this, and at the fandoms buying the rights and turning their ashes into gold.
>>
>>10964339
Take it down a notch Chris Chan
>>
Well what happened? Did tencent fly over OPs house?
>>
Okay so let me get it straight:

Hasbro lost a ton of money in Q1, and on top of that decided to give another 70 cents to shareholders, which is, what, 90 million dollars? Everything is still deteriorating, but because it isn't as bad as expected, somehow everyone is happy at the ''restructuring'' and the fucking stock jumps up 12%?

Are (((Wall Street))) clowns that stupid, or are they just jacking up the stock to short it?

Someone is going to make a killing from this.
>>
>>10964618
>NOOOOO
>WHY WON'T HASBRO DIIIIIEEEEEE
Watching you seethe is more entertaining than the actual toys I collect.
>>
>>10964339
You fucked your mom.
>>
>>10964644
Nah I just see jewry in action
>>
>>10964618
2020 made everything a mystery box and most were expecting bad returns for a good amount of time. In short if things went this bad with no global lockdowns you would have had a serious fallout from all this but sense everyone was primed for a downturn it has less impact.
>>
>>10964618
(((Wall Street))) clowns are sharks. They don't care about any particular company or market or product. Once they've eaten everything here, they'll just move over there, and repeat the cycle. It's sort of like politics where (((they'll))) ruin one country and then move to another to ruin it too and then another and another up to 109 so far.
>>
So is hasbro dead yet? No? Why’d you get my hopes up like this anon.
>>
>>10962998
But D&D 4E did and literally killed people in the process. Hasbro is fucking up so badly that shitty remakes of TMNT figures are outselling their main lines. It hurts even more that monoculture is basically dead in the younger generations so no massly produced toys are going to excite kids anymore anyway
>>
>>10965227
Good old GameStop showed the world by accident
>>
In fact, Playmates will soon be making Power Rangers figures. Fucking top kek. https://boundingintocomics.com/2024/04/23/amidst-continued-business-struggles-hasbro-signs-licensing-agreement-allowing-playmates-to-make-new-power-rangers-toys/
>>
>>10966607
Their leadership simply has no idea what they're doing. Typical MBA can only cut jobs and raise prices, neither of which has ever done anything but slow the decline.
>>
>>10967058
some fat chick sucking Cocks all day... it's a mystery the vulture-investors haven't moved on yet but i guess the best meat is right when it dies, right?
>>
>>10967100
Let's put this in perspective: let's say you're a (((guy))) at a retirement fund handling their shares portfolio. Hasbro is only less than a 10th of a percent of that portfolio. Why should I care what happens there? Not worth my time.

Cocks knows this too.
>>
>>10962946
when did this happen? I don't follow the toy industry much but if i remember not too long ago it was Mattel that was doing really badly and people saying it wouldn't stay afloat while Hasbro was now investing in their media branch to start making shows and movies.
>>
>>10967447
Only because that retard Goldner couldn't get a job at a media company so he decided to twist a toy company into one. They didn't really invest either, as much as buy what they thought was a turnkey business after farming out stuff like Combiner Wars to the lowest bid ding Flash animator. Surprise, it failed and fell apart completely when he died.
>>
>>10967447
Mattel only "survived" because they lumped it full of money. They still lost money in Q1 2024
>>
>>10967629
And Cocks seems to be taking the route of outlicensing everything
>horsefuckers malding in 3, 2, 1...
>>
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/hasbros-1-billion-bet-on-internal-game-development
>let's spend 1 fucking billion dollars on game development
you don't need a fucking billion dollars to make a fucking game. BG3 had a budget of a 100 million. GTA5 a budget of 250 million (now ~300-350 million) and so on. Even Star fucking scam Citizen has a budget of half that.

You don't need a billion to make a GI Joe and DnD game, or even half a dozen of them. This is a money laundering scheme
>>
>>10974142
Making a studio from scratch costs more than just making the video game.
Also, they're going to make multiple video games from those billion dollars and they're likely taking into account the amount of time that it will take to produce those games over a 3-8 year period.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.