[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0239.jpg (19 KB, 367x391)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>find a toy i really wanted on shelves
>get to the cashier
>"sorry sir, we cant sell this to you because its street dated"
>go to store the day said street date is lifted
>some bastard already took the figure i wanted
Fuck street dates
>>
>>10964124
this happened to me with the sonic movie figures at target, I waited for the morning open to ask for the figures because they weren't out and they had no clue what I was asking for, they came out with a case, minus the Robotnik, like it's becoming very easy to walk away from collecting when this shit happens every series with flippers, retailers, and distribution bullshit

it's kind of like the toys aren't really in the store to be bought or enjoyed, you just show up, feel defeated like a cuck when only half the figures are ever there, and the retailer gets your foot traffic, the scalper gets 3x what he paid, and you just wasted your time and energy
>>
>>10964124
>>10964487
Ask them to put it on layaway for you, most stores will
>>
>>10964510
Holy shit, layaway hasn't been a thing for over a decade.
>>
Why is it on the shelves already if the street date hasn't lifted?
>>
>>10964124
thats happened with us. My kid loves goojitzu figures. We found them at Target, when we took them up to the register, they claimed "these were recalled". And they couldnt sell them to us... and then we just bought them the same day on amazon.
>>
>>10971968
Because the employees can’t do their job correctly
>>
File: half joke drunk crazy.jpg (138 KB, 1440x1080)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>10972021
>Sorry, I can't sell you this. It's for shoplifters only.
>>
File: 1502152244963.jpg (70 KB, 512x536)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>10964124
This is why self checkout is best, you are now the employee, so you make the call. Simple as.
>>
>>10972107
This only works if you bring another figure up with you that will actually scan. Otherwise the street dated figure will bring up an error that requires employee override. I had this happen at Target and the old lady overseeing the checkout station had to just void it and then took the figure that was dated to be put back somewhere. Had I known that was going to happen, I would have just scanned the other figure I was getting twice since it wasn't dated.
>>
>>10964124
you go to self check out and then ask for help when it doesnt scan, generally u get someone to manually enter what they think it is and you should be alright
>>
>>10971968
Because wagie workers are retarded
>>10971974
Which series were they may i ask?
>>10972107
>>10972177
Usually nowadays street dated items alot of times get register locked, especially at target or gamestop

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.