[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: oznea8a97g9a1.jpg (716 KB, 2592x3202)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
Do you throw them all away and keep the extras/accessories in a separate container? Or do you keep them to store the accessories, or in case you decide to sell the figure later or to make it easier if you move to a new house? How do you store all the boxes?
>>
File: 171340489874121.gif (1.08 MB, 280x280)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
My cellar looks like a fucking garabage depot. One day I want to refine my collection enough to throw away the boxes but that day is not today. I might if I ever move....
>>
>>10985660
I throw action figure boxes away since those would get out of hand quickly. Really, the boxes for anything I own get replaced with my own boxes/cases usually. I am very autistic and keep most things in a case or box when not using them but only keep the original packaging for video game consoles and other electronics under warranty. No need to hoard cardboard in most cases.
>>
>>10985660
Yeah, i break them all down for storage and box them up with other stuff. They may not be 'complete' but i figure someone may appreciate that ive kept them all together.
>>
At this point I throw out anything under $100-120 and under 10'' or so. I collect big mecha figures so it's more of a priority to keep the boxes for those than smaller or cheaper figures. Even JP imports tend to have very simple boxes for 6''/7''figures with no original art so I don't have any qualms about dumping them anymore. Tackleboxes lined with fabric can hold the accessories.
>but resale!
If I really need to resell, most imports will still get at least MSRP loose , hell even some domestics that are in demand will be at MSRP or more loose.
Yes, you won't get the maximum resale value- but that's a sick mentality to have. You will go nuts thinking of the money you could've made if you did this or that. If I resell a figure, the usual reason will be a better version has come out. If you hold onto boxes for everything because you worry you'll have to resell after a few years or a better version will come out-you probably aren't living in the now and enjoying the figure you have.
Keep the box for a year if you must, but dump it if you legitimately enjoy the figure and know you want to keep it. If you're still hesitant in a year just resell it.
>>
File: mezco box daredevil.jpg (234 KB, 1500x1500)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
IF they have nice art on them, I'll save the box and/or break it down to store it flat.

If there's no art, it goes into the trash.

All accessories go into compartmentlized boxes or plastic baggies (which go into a durable box), whether the packaging is trashed or not.

I have limited space, so it really helps to do this. It's especially helpful that very few companies make the extra effort to produce nice packaging, so i don't even have a box worth of saved packaging despite owning thousands of figures.
>>
>>10985660
unless the box is super nice or its a rare item, it goes straight into the recycling. I used to hoard them and the moment I ripped that bandaid off I felt so much better
>>
>>10985660
In the trash, fuck packaging.
>>
>>10985660
Throw out the plastic tray and flatten them. Put them in a bigger box for storage so when I sell my a figure the new owner at least gets to enjoy ripping it out of the og box. I use tackle, tools and screw boxes for my accesories.
>>
>>10986675
so you send the figure floating around without the plastic in the box? lmao. You realize not having the plastic misses the point, right?
>>
File: s-l16fff00.jpg (201 KB, 1600x1600)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>10985660
i only keep the boxes of my imports (if i ever want to sell my figures the box of a domestic figure adds no value so theres no point)
i put all my accesories in some bead containers, works for the most part except for the bigger accesories (figma ann's whip is massive) i just keep it in one of those 3 tier mini plastic drawers. and i just keep the boxes with their plastic in the closet.
>>
Keep them all for sure. (For imports anyway, if it's a black series or something fuck that) I consider them mandatory to store figures(I don't display everything at once) and bonus accessories. Also for re-selling purposes. I know if I'm buying a used figure that is out of circulation I absolutely want the box and am definetly willing to pay $20-30 more for it so I imagine a lot of people are the same.
>>
>>10985660
I horde them. Duh. I will toss dupes though.
>>
File: yep.gif (605 KB, 480x237)
605 KB
605 KB GIF
>>10986675
>>10986677
I only own a few (less than 8), but I know some are valuable (the Smallville Funkos, for example) so I did keep both the box and the clam shell.

For McFarlane DCMV, I have dupes that are still in boxes including one Super Powers, that I will probably end up trying to sell; some of these were mistakes, some of these were dirt cheap and I bought for fodder parts, before I realized I don't really have ventilation in my new place to do the major work some would require and I don't know if I want to hold on to a box for that long.

>>10987290
Ditto, except I keep them in baggies, and then keep those in a larger box. IF I had enough accessories, I do think a tackle box is a great idea!

>>10985735
>I ripped that bandaid off I felt so much better
PICREL
>>
>>10985693
This

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.