[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7600.jpg (912 KB, 847x1134)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
I never see threads for wrestling figs. So here's one. Enjoy. What's your figure of the year so far? What are you looking forward to? Picrel. Can't wait for one of the best Eddies ever.
>>
>>10998493
So far im really excited for terry gordy, hoping i find a star dust one day. Have you seen the ultimate charlotte flair? Its uhm, not attractive.
>>
Anyone know where I can get a good Batista for customization purposes?
>>
>>10998594
Matches real Charlotte flair then lmao
Women's figures still got quite a way to go. Ultimate Asuka and Bianca and Elite 79 Io Shirai are pretty cool though.
>>
File: YTU422s[1].jpg (135 KB, 1170x1146)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>10998493
I just picked up Ultimate Yoko, Captain Lou, and Summerslam Lex. Looking forward to this Legends Kurt and Harlem Heat the most.
>>
>>10998493
Do Hulk Hogan and Macho man exist in the style of these newer toys?
>>
>>10998607
"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan does.
>>
>>10998608
The yellow and red one does too.
>>
File: 81ViHZRA6xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (213 KB, 1235x1500)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
I'm not a wrestling fan at all but this is neat.
>>
>>10998607
Look up Ultimate Edition Macho Man and Ultimate Edition Hulk Hogan. Both have multiple releases in that line with different attires.
>>
File: 51UTVSCal1L._AC_.jpg (49 KB, 392x575)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>10998595
There's an Ultimate but it's one of the more expensive ones.
>>
>>10998608
>>10998614
Thank you anons.
>>
>>10998595
>>10998618
They're rereleasing this one in June.
>>
>>10998618
>>10998624
Oh, he has hair.
>>
File: IMG_6412.jpg (3.24 MB, 3672x2751)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
Got the 70s 4pack in the mail. Pretty fun figures, really enjoy Billy and Gorilla. Didnt care for the Ali, so he’ll probably hit ebay soon. My Harley has a weird mold error on the face and will try and contact Mattel about it. The NWA and WWWF titles are great though
>>
>>10998599
That is a nice asuka.
Anyone familiar with the aew figures? I never hear them mentioned on the pw general threads here.
>>
>>10998724
I own a few. They often don't have the greatest face scans, some even look terrible. And they're very behind, just recently they put out a Toni Storm figure with her debut attire. There's maybe two to three waves per line per year. I kinda gave up on AEW figs.
>>
>>10998724
I've got Pentagon Jr. He's cool.
>>
I got Owen Hart and Luminaries Jericho for my Golden Era collection. Not a big fan of the face scans like >>10998741said but I got them cheap and it's nice to have them on the shelf.
>>
File: IMG_6202.jpg (71 KB, 750x550)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>10998493
I’m most excited for these two stooges, need to fill out the tag division in the modern era fig fed im building
>>
>>10998724
they were directly responsible for mattel stepping their game up after over a decade of stagnant trash. the walmart exclusive cm punk was the best wrestling figure of last year. the regular releases aren't really great and the people at jazwares make some incredibly braindead decisions when it comes to design and engineering.
>>
Found the new Ultimate Bret Hart at Walmart

Pre-ordered two Ultimate Mankinds from Walmart. I'll get that Eddie when it's up again.

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Outsiders set from Ringsidecollectibles and since they were getting another run of Elite Paul Bearers in the same month I ordered one of those and the Survivor Series Undertaker Ultimate as well.
>>
>>10998741
I keep seeing the same peg warmers. Ive seen a few i want but i never have the spare cash to get them when i see them. I thought darby and danhausen looked good but i missed out. Definitley on the list to order though.
>>10998802
Ive got evil uno and hikari. Uno is sturdy af but the knee pads just kill his range of movement. I like the figure though, thought the pack of cards was fun. >>10998947
The regular or supreme edition? Really wish, once again, i had spare cash to pick up one for opening. I love the flexibilty of mattel figures, so im assuming the cm punk figure is more along those lines?

I just dont think aew needs a toy line, atleast not a mass retail line. These arent household names or faces, aew doest have the baked in audience of wwe where you can cast a wide net and sell merch of any type. The wrestlers just dont jump out at you as designs for toys either. Some can, stu grayson or luchasaurus or brian cage and hikaru shida definitly caught my eye but the rest? , as a toy collector or wrestling fan, id just pass by aew to find what looks the coolest or just hits me in the memory gut. Blah blah, aew yoyline is as bloated as the wrestling roster which is filled with alot of talent most people are not aware of.
>sorry, im kinda stoned and like wrestling
>>
>>10999159
>The wrestlers just dont jump out at you as designs for toys either.
I agree with this, but I think that applies to a lot of wrestling figures. FTR and the Imperium guys in >>10998938 are some examples of ones that don't look interesting to me at all.
>>
I'm trying to make a custom Axel Stone with WWE figs...any recommendations?
>>
>>10999159
the supreme edition. i was happy just to finally have a punk who could actually do the go to sleep taunt and cross his arms in a convincing x. i've waited so long for that.
>>
>>10999058
I hate Walmart exclusives with a burning passion. I'm from europe so there's no Walmart here. And Walmart.com doesn't ship to europe. So I have to rely entirely on ebay scalpers....
>>
>>10999289
There was a recent British Bulldog BAF, look into that first. Has the jeans and the physique, not sure about the gloves and head
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (254 KB, 1500x1500)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>10999289
Not sure about the head though. Might want a Marvel or DC character.
>>
>>10998724
I've got a bunch. There's good and bad. Same as Mattel with WWE - some look great, some are funky as. I've cobbled together a decent roster from the past few years (for me, AEW peaked in 2022).

With both Mattel WWE and Jazwares AEW, the biggest issue is distribution. Some figures are insanely easy to get everywhere, whereas others are blink and you missed it and prepare to pay for it. But.... the upshot is they release a lot of the same guys over and over so if you're patient you don't have to pay stupid money.

Asuka was a classic example in WWE - had some early NXT figures that were so so, then had a literally perfect Network Spotlight version of her then look... that went for insane $$.

Then her next look Elite hit and she was easy to get. The current Ultimate is her recent look and looks amazing.

Mattel has a real knack of doing some amazing figures with the odd "what the hell were they smoking" thrown in. Don't listen to the person criticizing Ultimate Charlotte - it's a great look and great figure. Ultimate Becky Lynch though... doesn't even look like her. Great figure but face is someone else!

It's weird how they do that every so often, almost deliberately.
>>
>>10998695
I'm interested in the set mainly for those 3 but man, they really take the piss:
- Harley looks great, classic NWA look, title belt looks great (if somewhat unfinished paint wise)
- I can handle another Superstar, especially as he comes with a WWWE belt.
- Gorilla... lazy on the upper torso being painted on clothing. My biggest pet peeve to not go with sculpted.
- Have zero desire for the Ali figure... apparently he was the reason the set got the green light though, so guess I can't complain too much.
>>
>>10999325
It is a really sweet package, but i think the standard was well done too.
>>10999602
The distro can be wild, i can go get a cart full of ultimate jeff hardys while ultimate roman came and went.
>>
File: zombie-sailor-mitch[1].jpg (1.17 MB, 3024x4032)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
I started a wrestling collection recently. Pleasantly surprised at the quality. I was able to get a lot of older figures at toy shows and fb marketplace for good prices. There are some exceptions like LoD and Demolition. Hoping that Zombie Sailor's 6" line does well and they sign talent that Mattel can't.
>>
>>10999665
What line is that in the pic? They kinda remind me of storm collectibles.
>>
File: unnamed7[1].jpg (328 KB, 1200x589)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>11000732
Zombie Sailor Toys. They have done some retro figures and are branching off into 6". No word on prices or preorders for them yet.
>>
Whats the best ring for an Elite collection?
>>
>>11001544
The Matty Creations ones. Actual scale to the figures, quality materials. Just pick your theme. If not that, the metal one for 100 green backs or so from ringside.

Major Bendies announced Road Warriors for June with removable pads
>>
What's the best referee?
>>
>>10999058
when does ultimate mankind come out?
>>
>>11001607
I think Mattel just made 2~3 different BAF refs
>>
WARRIOOORRRRR
>>
File: IMG_6429.jpg (2.41 MB, 3024x3488)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
By gawhd, he’s going for the change in weather
>>
>>11002491
Will never stop being a fan of JR/Lawler doing RAW is WAR
>>
File: rex_223_outsiders.jpg (228 KB, 700x700)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
I look forward to The Outsiders
>>
>>11002584
Hope Nash looks better than he does in this pic though
>>
File: sting.jpg (194 KB, 1280x720)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Would also be cool to see an official ultimate sting but who knows if we will ever see that. But like they say in wrestling "never say never"
>>
File: latest.jpg (69 KB, 642x361)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>10999665
I want that Brian Pillman, would be cool to see this faction but probably wont, cuz of Owen
>>
>>11002589
Isn't Sting getting an AEW figure any time now as a WM exclusive? One of those large sets with multiple options like Cody got
>>
>>11002602
I guess that will have to do but I want WCW Sting
>>
File: sting.png (574 KB, 603x495)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>>11002608
Maybe they can do a pack with the eras of Sting since his sons walked out as Surfer Sting and Wolf Pack Sting
>>
>>11002608
>Sting figure with a sting mask
This has to have been done before, right?
>>
>>11002652
Idk, its a fun call back to wcw nitro though.
>>11002563
Imagine a world where they did like an hour podcast once a week. Id listen to them ramble.
>>11002599
Itll never happen but id enjoy a owen, i got worked by the nugget stuff as a kid.
>>
>>11001677
Estimated to arrive in September
>>
How bad do we think Powertown Wrestling is doing with the TNA line-up at $50 a pop?
>>
>>11002719
Not great, i mean whale collectors will be in but for most i cant see it. But maybe some japanese guys dig the line and it takes off, still trying to grasp the toy and wrestling and wrestling toys intersection. Most people just buy a shirt or somethimg right? Does tna have that rabid a fanbase who would pay a ppv price for a toy?
>>
>>11002723
I don't think so. Maybe if Don West was still alive to shill it. They've got a passionate fanbase, but they don't throw a lot of money at it and honestly they really burned a shitload of buzz earlier this year. The only upside they've got is everyone in the wave is still there.
>>
File: 20240522_130316.jpg (2.14 MB, 4160x1872)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
Saved these fellas from the thrift store today, no clothes or gear but for $3 idc. They had alot of wwe basics and i almost got an aj styles but he was broken upon further inspection. Nothing really ote worthy in the pile, an omos a rey a rock (modern) basically what they didnt sell at a yard sale type of roster. Really wish i could find some old wwf vhs, thatd be an awesome night.
>>
>>11003300
Uhhh, wrong board?
>>
>11003300
dumb bot
>>
>>11003284
>Really wish i could find some old wwf vhs, thatd be an awesome night.
Actual tapes, can't help you out, but there is this if you feel like downloading stuff.

>https://archive.org/search?query=wwf+vhs&and%5B%5D=mediatype%3A%22movies%22
>>
>>11003306
Thanks. We found a working vcr so ive been on a memory lane type vibe lately, kinda had a memory jolt of being 10 watching the wwf home videos at my griends house. Ill bookmark the link.
>>
>>11003284
>shredded HTM
The idea of Honky with abs is strange.
>>
>>11003954
Most probably never remove the jumpsuit he comes with
>>
>>11003977
I couldnt find any of their gear, also htm has MEMPHIS across his butt. We thought it was a sign to move back home but nah, just a nice design touch.
>>
>>11002693
is mankind exclusive to a store or will i be ble to find him on amazon/bbts etc?
>>
File: la-parka[1].gif (1.53 MB, 498x280)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
I hope the Monday Night Wars line is selling well and we get some deep cuts. WCW ones especially.
>>
>>11009375
Id be in on that, if alex wright was included. Glaciar, mortis, wrath, the yetay etc, so is mnw like a sub line or something? I figured it was a themed wave.
>>
File: wwe-mnw[1].png (639 KB, 1200x628)
639 KB
639 KB PNG
>>11009437
Pretty sure it's a sub line exclusive to Walmart. Elites and Ultimates. Exclusives are annoying but I hope it has a long run like the Target Legends.
>>
>>11009375
I haven't bought a wrestling toy in decades but this I would buy. Should come with a DDP head.
>>
>>11009447
Huh, well ill have to keep an eye out.
>>
>>11009447
this foley doesn't look as good as the elite with a molded shirt. cloth goods can make figures toe the doll line and this one crosses it in my onion
>>
>>11003429
What if Chris Benoit came out and revealed it was all scripted and he his wife and kid were fine and started wrestling again. And then boom! Owen heart descends gracefully from the rafters to announce a new tag team? Never forget what we lost.
>>
>>11009541
What's under the shirt? Does he have his mid90s gear?
>>
File: 20240529_121802.jpg (2 MB, 4160x1872)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
Yooooo! I cant tell you how rare superstars is in my area, so to actually just find doink and andre was quite exciting. I had to leave the awa hulk behind, but i got doink and thats what matters.
#paulneedsanewgenerationera
#wwfnewgeneration
>>
File: IMG_6446.jpg (3.33 MB, 3706x2893)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
I know this is a Mattel thread, but I got my first Jazwares for a better Keith Lee. Pretty good compared to Elites. Im booking a FWF style fed, which has been pretty fun
>>
How do you guys follow when these things come out? Where do you buy them? I saw my nigga Stacks from NXT has a new figure coming out. I don't collect these things, but I'm a Stacks fan.
>>
What are all the different WWE lines that Mattel is putting out now? Which ones are worth collecting?
>>
>>11019187
So for your standard 7” you got basics, elites and ultimates. All the same scale, just more articulation and accesories as the price goes up. Elites are the gold standard IMO, good variety of wrastlers and a good bang for your buck. But even with Elites, most major retailers have exclusive sublines, like Target does Legends, which focus on older/retro guys. Walmart just started their Monday Night Wars, which focuses on that era of WWE/WCW. Its good to start with the guys you really like and go from there.
>>
>>10998493
Anything NWO/WCW this year! Stoked for the DDPs and Harlem Heat. Need a Big Poppa Pump!
>>
>>11022102
HH got re-issued with a new tan, but it's burnt shit. I've been trying to custom a few more members because Matty doesn't seem to cover this era much anymore.

>>11019187
>>11020399
Plus WWE Superstars (MOTU Origins) which has been more Rock n Wrestling/New Generation eras but they're doing occasional Attitude stuff.
>>
I want more NXT figures. I want Andre Chase and Duke Hudson.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.